No announcement yet.

Goa'uld Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... any thoughts about how the goauld started out black/green with red eyes to being tan/pinkish with no eyes?
    No idea - but probably same way they changed their blood color from red to blue!
    sigpic
    [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
      LOL. Me too.

Although, I think we see a good deal of difference between the Goa'uld and how they work. For instance, Chronus is very hard on his Jaffa, but Ba'al seems to be more manipulative.
      I think I didn't make myself clear in my ramblings - what I meant was that I don't think the Goa'uld in general are evil because of their personality, but HOW and IF the genetic memory/sarcophagus affect them and thus how they behave and handle their "overlording" is most certainly affected by and due to their personality. They would not all be affected as much or in the same way, of course. They are no less individuals than humans are.

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
      So... any thoughts about how the goauld started out black/green with red eyes to being tan/pinkish with no eyes?
      Originally posted by GeneralSelmak View Post
      No idea - but probably same way they changed their blood color from red to blue!
      They have always had different skin colour/eye colour. We could not see their eyes in Continuum? Is that why you say they have no eyes? I don't remember, but I suppose you could assume Ba'al had his eyes closed.

I once saw someone say that when they had been in a host they became pale, short, and lost their fins - because it was an exterior skin which they lost when they left the former host, and which was then - perhaps - regrown anew? Don't know. If you look at the x-ray of Ocker you will see that he has fins. The same goes for the picture of Lantash - he has fins and is as long and big as a symbiote who has never had a host - and we know he has. He has eyes too - and is a sort of grey/speckled, I think.

I do agree that the symbiotes had red blood up until season 4 (I remember noticing the change - I think it was in the episode where Shau'nac dies). They then have blue blood for a while. They seem to have gotten their red blood back in "Cure", as the external womb is pinkish, not bluish.

I can understand different sizes, eyes colours, and skin colours. Nothing strange in that, really. I don't get the different blood colours, but there is so many other inconsistencies over time (Jaffa can/can not sense symbiotes - I read Christopher Judge had tried explaining to them that Jaffa could not sense symbiotes and had not until then, but ending up accepting the change - don't remember the episode, but I think it was the one with the linvris) - that I have ended up just rationalizing that each season (or perhaps even episode) takes place in a different universe - then I don't need to worry about stupid errors and inconsistencies.

Now I babbled on again...
      sigpic
      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I have some various symbiote pictures in my photobucket account:

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/f...kra/symbiotes/
        sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
          I can understand different sizes, eyes colours, and skin colours. Nothing strange in that, really. I don't get the different blood colours, but there is so many other inconsistencies over time (Jaffa can/can not sense symbiotes - I read Christopher Judge had tried explaining to them that Jaffa could not sense symbiotes and had not until then, but ending up accepting the change - don't remember the episode, but I think it was the one with the linvris) - that I have ended up just rationalizing that each season (or perhaps even episode) takes place in a different universe - then I don't need to worry about stupid errors and inconsistencies.

Now I babbled on again...
          Yeah, I don't think the writers really fully established everything the Goa'uld/Jaffa could or couldn't do, which makes it really difficult for anyone trying to write in that universe.

Picspam of three of my favorite Goa'ulds:

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
          ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
            Yeah, I don't think the writers really fully established everything the Goa'uld/Jaffa could or couldn't do, which makes it really difficult for anyone trying to write in that universe.
            Yes, I'm sure it does - which leads to everyone picking their own version. I suppose, if enough people write about them (which sadly doesn't seem to happen) and the show does not show us any more about them (very likely), then eventually a 'fanon' will probably develop, like I have read it did for Star Trek after TOS.

Oh - thanks for the picspam
            sigpic

Comment

Hathor picspam:

sigpic

Comment

Zipacna picspam:

sigpic

Comment

Apophis picspam:

sigpic

Comment

*shudders* please tell me you're not really thunking the snakes. Yeah, I've seen the Tok'ra appreciation thread. That's kinda bad - but this is worse. Oh, well. To each their own, of course.
                    Just one thing - do you really like it when they glow their eyes? The "boom-box" voice? Or do you just thunk the hosts?

Don't mean to diss you - just wondering.

Happy Holidays to all of you.
                    sigpic
                    sig by jasminaGo -THANK YOU

Comment

Originally posted by JackSnakeskinner View Post
                      *shudders* please tell me you're not really thunking the snakes. Yeah, I've seen the Tok'ra appreciation thread. That's kinda bad - but this is worse. Oh, well. To each their own, of course.
                      Just one thing - do you really like it when they glow their eyes? The "boom-box" voice? Or do you just thunk the hosts?

Don't mean to diss you - just wondering.

Happy Holidays to all of you.
                      Oh no...this thread, like the Tok'ra one, is about thunking the host and the personality of the snake as expressed through it. But the glowy eyes and the voice are pretty sexy too. I don't think anyone likes the snaky parts when they're visible.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                      ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

The Goa'uld were cool because they were evil. It's human nature to want to be powerful and be able to do what ever we would want to do...be supreme being for life...not have to worry about consequences. I think that's why we like the Goa'uld. They get to do what ever they want to, as long as they have the army/military might. And the one who always did it with style was Ba'al.

Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I like the Goa'uld because they are wonderful villains! They are so full of themselves - they dare to wear things no one else would. For the Tok'ra you can thunk both host and symbiote (personality-wise at least). They are often very different, and often the symbiote is even the more interesting person.

For the Goa'uld I guess you're actually only thunking the "snake" (but in their human-host form), as you're not really seeing much of anything of the host-personality.

Though, I'm certainly not thunking all the Goa'uld, though some of them are attractive. I do find most of them cool, though.
                          sigpic
                          [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSelmak View Post
                            I like the Goa'uld because they are wonderful villains! They are so full of themselves - they dare to wear things no one else would. For the Tok'ra you can thunk both host and symbiote (personality-wise at least). They are often very different, and often the symbiote is even the more interesting person.

For the Goa'uld I guess you're actually only thunking the "snake" (but in their human-host form), as you're not really seeing much of anything of the host-personality.

Though, I'm certainly not thunking all the Goa'uld, though some of them are attractive. I do find most of them cool, though.
                            I agree with this - though I must admit I actually find the symbiotes to be kind of cute and sometimes even beautiful (in their natural form). However, not in the thunk-able way...

I don't really thunk the Goa'uld as much as I find them way cool.

I do thunk the Tok'ra though...more often than not, I prefer when the symbiote is in control of the host-body (Lantash...THUNK )

I find the glowing eyes and the 'flanged' voice to be very sexy...and I don't really care if people think I'm strange
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey - what happened to my cool rank? Why am I a Major instead now? Sucks! Can I change it back? Anyone knows?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                                Hey - what happened to my cool rank? Why am I a Major instead now? Sucks! Can I change it back? Anyone knows?
                                As your post number increases, your rank changes. So, no, you can't really change it back. It will change again to something else furhter along as you continue to post.
                                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X