Goa'uld Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
    The one thing I was most sad about in Continuum was that they killed Apophis so quickly! He is one of my favorite characters!
    Me too - but at least he looked good in his costume!
    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

And His Royal Hotness - Baal got killed 3 times in the movie. If you include the clones, Baal died more often than Daniel did.
      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
        And His Royal Hotness - Baal got killed 3 times in the movie. If you include the clones, Baal died more often than Daniel did.
        True - I still hope they didn't get all the clones

What do you all think happens to someone who has been host to a Goa'uld for a long time? After being in the sarcophagus that many times, he/she should be plenty evil on their own - given how bad Daniel got after a couple days of using it...
        sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
        (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
        Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

I would assume that if someone has been a host for many many years, by one of the larger Goa'uld, who has a sarcophagus, then they are likely irreversibly evil. They did say something about thinking the damage of using the sarcophagus when it is not needed, is only reversible for a while - using it longer damages the person permanently (takes away their 'soul' - or damages the good in their heart or whatever)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
            What do you all think happens to someone who has been host to a Goa'uld for a long time? After being in the sarcophagus that many times, he/she should be plenty evil on their own - given how bad Daniel got after a couple days of using it...
            Originally posted by BlueMushroom View Post
            I would assume that if someone has been a host for many many years, by one of the larger Goa'uld, who has a sarcophagus, then they are likely irreversibly evil. They did say something about thinking the damage of using the sarcophagus when it is not needed, is only reversible for a while - using it longer damages the person permanently (takes away their 'soul' - or damages the good in their heart or whatever)
            I've wondered if the fact that the host's consciousness is suppressed would make them more resistant to the sarcophagus. Apophis' host seemed normal when he appeared in "Serpent's Song", though the torture device was killing him and Apophis both.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
              I've wondered if the fact that the host's consciousness is suppressed would make them more resistant to the sarcophagus. Apophis' host seemed normal when he appeared in "Serpent's Song", though the torture device was killing him and Apophis both.
              Very good points. I'd really like the next Stargate SG-1 movie to explore that.

Comment

I'd like to see more to both the Goa'uld and the effects of the sarcophagus too. Yes, being surpressed may help, but it could also be that the poor host was still too much in shock, with too much else to react to, to have reached a point were we saw any effect from the sarcophagus.

Could be interesting to see how Ba'al's former host reacts. Maybe he could help them catch another Ba'al clone in the next movie?
                sigpic
                Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                  That it would. Mind you, I'm happy they changed them. The Asgard-like parasite is ugly, where as the SG-1 symbiotes are actually beautiful in their own way. I really like them. I would pick up one and pet it if I found one (immediately followed by me becoming host - yeah, I know. I can only hope that it is a Tok'ra...)
                  True. I also think they look kinda cute
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

Comment

I love it, Arctic Goddess!

Comment

Very well done, Arctic Goddess!
                        sigpic
                        Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

How long can the Goa'uld keep their hosts when they use the sarcophagus? Apophis's host seemed to be from Ancient Egypt, so at least 5000 years? What happens to the host when they no longer have a symbiote, if they have been kept young with a sarcophagus - will they age quickly and die or will they start aging normally from that point? I'm guessing the latter is the case if no sarcophagus has been involved in keeping them young. Do they need a symbiote if a Goa'uld has been in them for 5000 years and they have used sarcophagi?

Also - slightly different. Ba'al cloned both himself and his host (he probably associated himself with the look - besides if they looked different they couldn't make others believe it was the same Ba'al, I guess). The cloned hosts must be younger of course, so they would probably not need any assistance to survive.
                          And what about memories and stuff - how do they transfer that? I get that the Asgard can do that - so probably Ba'al had a way of doing that as well - both for himself and his host.

Comment

Originally posted by cutietux View Post
                            Also - slightly different. Ba'al cloned both himself and his host (he probably associated himself with the look - besides if they looked different they couldn't make others believe it was the same Ba'al, I guess). The cloned hosts must be younger of course, so they would probably not need any assistance to survive.
                            And what about memories and stuff - how do they transfer that? I get that the Asgard can do that - so probably Ba'al had a way of doing that as well - both for himself and his host.
                            I've always wondered about Ba'al's clone hosts. Why would he bother passing on their memories? The Goa'uld only needs the body, not any memory or knowledge from his host. After so long as a host to a Goa'uld, what sort of memory would his host have left anyway.

They've stated before that the symbiote shares nothing with it's host, so would the clone host, once the symbiote was removed, just be a 'blank canvas'?

On a lighter note

Comment

I'm a little confused about the host thing as well. Apophis aged dramatically when he was a prisonner at the SGC. So, unless the Tok'ra have a way to deal with that, would not the same thing apply to him?

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                                I'm a little confused about the host thing as well. Apophis aged dramatically when he was a prisonner at the SGC. So, unless the Tok'ra have a way to deal with that, would not the same thing apply to him?
                                You have to remember, though, that Apophis' host would be affected by Apophis' being tortured and then dying (and releasing that toxin that killed Jacob when Selmak died). I'm sure that doesn't help.

But it is my theory that Apophis' host (and Ba'al's, for that matter) would have aged somewhat had they survived, just not to the point of death. I've assumed that the sarcophagus' energy heals cells, but frequent use creates cells that don't know how to self repair. So having the symbiote and sarcophagus removed would age you until your cells relearned how to heal themselves (possibly needing the help of some Tok'ra drug).

Comment

Working...
                                X