Goa'uld Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
    I've always wondered about Ba'al's clone hosts. Why would he bother passing on their memories? The Goa'uld only needs the body, not any memory or knowledge from his host. After so long as a host to a Goa'uld, what sort of memory would his host have left anyway.

They've stated before that the symbiote shares nothing with it's host, so would the clone host, once the symbiote was removed, just be a 'blank canvas'?

On a lighter note

Yes, I think the host would just be a blank slate - like those symbiotes that didn't get any genetic memories (though they possibly had been damaged in another way as well - I think Egeria said as much).

Nice Ba'al-banner!

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
    You have to remember, though, that Apophis' host would be affected by Apophis' being tortured and then dying (and releasing that toxin that killed Jacob when Selmak died). I'm sure that doesn't help.

But it is my theory that Apophis' host (and Ba'al's, for that matter) would have aged somewhat had they survived, just not to the point of death. I've assumed that the sarcophagus' energy heals cells, but frequent use creates cells that don't know how to self repair. So having the symbiote and sarcophagus removed would age you until your cells relearned how to heal themselves (possibly needing the help of some Tok'ra drug).
    This is an interesting theory. Yes, certainly the host would be affected by Apophis being tortured - without that he could probably have kept his host from aging rapidly, even without a sarcophagus.

I like the idea of the sarcophagus doing something to the body's ability to heal itself, when used often. Then some time will pass before the body are able to heal again normally. I actually think I saw something like that in a fic about Egeria and the early days of the Tok'ra (she stopped using the sarc and was in pain without understanding why, until her body finally started healing itself again).

Comment

Originally posted by cutietux View Post
      Yes, I think the host would just be a blank slate - like those symbiotes that didn't get any genetic memories (though they possibly had been damaged in another way as well - I think Egeria said as much).

Nice Ba'al-banner!

This is an interesting theory. Yes, certainly the host would be affected by Apophis being tortured - without that he could probably have kept his host from aging rapidly, even without a sarcophagus.

I like the idea of the sarcophagus doing something to the body's ability to heal itself, when used often. Then some time will pass before the body are able to heal again normally. I actually think I saw something like that in a fic about Egeria and the early days of the Tok'ra (she stopped using the sarc and was in pain without understanding why, until her body finally started healing itself again).
      Do you remember what this fic was called?
      sigpic
      [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
          sigpic
          [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSelmak View Post
            Do you remember what this fic was called?
            Yes, Birth of A Rebellion - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2028712/...of_a_Rebellion

Comment

Originally posted by cutietux View Post
              Thanks! Will go read it
              sigpic
              [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

I wonder how often a Goa'uld have had a change of heart and become Tok'ra? There is Egeria - and most places I've seen, including the 'official' role playing games, say that Jolinar and Garshaw were both former Goa'uld. And there is the Goa'uld in Kianna. Not quite a Tok'ra, but certainly not a normal Goa'uld either - I would have loved to see her live. Perhaps, in time, she would have become Tok'ra.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMushroom View Post
                  I wonder how often a Goa'uld have had a change of heart and become Tok'ra? There is Egeria - and most places I've seen, including the 'official' role playing games, say that Jolinar and Garshaw were both former Goa'uld. And there is the Goa'uld in Kianna. Not quite a Tok'ra, but certainly not a normal Goa'uld either - I would have loved to see her live. Perhaps, in time, she would have become Tok'ra.
                  You mean, there is hope for Ba'al yet? Gee, I'm not sure I would like the Big Bad being good.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                    You mean, there is hope for Ba'al yet? Gee, I'm not sure I would like the Big Bad being good.
                    I don't think Ba'al's redeemable, personally. Yu might have been, or possibly Camulus, but unless it's thousands of years on, I don't see any of the others turning. Then again, Ba'al's lived as a human, which I think is an important element—he's just too full of himself at this time of his life (or, well, since he's dead, all through his life).

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                      I don't think Ba'al's redeemable, personally. Yu might have been, or possibly Camulus, but unless it's thousands of years on, I don't see any of the others turning. Then again, Ba'al's lived as a human, which I think is an important element—he's just too full of himself at this time of his life (or, well, since he's dead, all through his life).
                      Well, he might not be dead. There still could be a clone out there. I have high hopes.

Comment

*Skadi finds time-line altering device* "Ohhh, lookie..."

*flicks switch...ominous rumbling is heard, followed by all previously dead Goa'uld (and anyone else ever seen on the show) appearing* "oopps"

*O'Neill clobbers Skadi over the head* "sorry"

Yes, I'm being ever-so-slightly wacko today...
                        sigpic
                        Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post

*flicks switch...ominous rumbling is heard, followed by all previously dead Goa'uld (and anyone else ever seen on the show) appearing* "oopps"

My ships: sigpic
                          (Sam/Jack, Sam/Rodney, Sam/Martouf/Lantash, Sam/Cam, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Janet)

Sam/Jack, Sam/Cam, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Janet, and Sam/Rodney smilies made by the talented zuz - THANKS. Smilies merged into one sig by the awesome Nolamom - THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post

OOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!! Me likey!!!!!

Comment

Do you think Apophis could have survived in some form? Like half-replicator?

*odd/booming collective-voice* I am Apophis...of Borg...
                              sigpic
                              button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Working...
                                X