No announcement yet.

Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some symbiotes also look like they are black (most I think), whereas Selmak look whitish. Lantash is grey/speckled (and has pale lilac eyes compared to most which seems to have glowy red eyes!)

I agree that we can't use too complicated questions as there are many we don't know, but maybe we can speculate from their general behaviour on some of them? I will try and think up which answers Aldwin, Garshaw, and Malek should have for some of the suggested questions (yes, I know I got some of the more well known Tok'ra which we have seen reasonably much).
    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Just to clarify; These are the questions that has been suggested up until now (I reworded/rewrote some of them a little bit):

1. Rumor has circulated that there is a Goa'uld Spy in your ranks. You are more likely to...

2. News has come that SG1 is in trouble at the same time as there is a Goa'uld meeting. Simultaneously there is an innocent planet in line for destruction... you can only do one, which do you choose?

3. You go to the SGC with intel about a new Goa'uld weapon that must be destroyed. Once there you...

4. You would define the relationship between the symbiote and the host as...

5. Which hobbies/interests do you have?

6. How do you feel about the Tau'ri?

7. If the tunnels were being attacked by the Goa'uld and you needed to evacuate NOW - what/who would you save first?

8. If you could take some time off from fighting the Goa'uld, were would you go and what would you do?

9. What are you looking for in a mate?

10. Assume that you are on a mission with the Tau'ri. You are all standing in a dark room, when you hear a strange noise, what do you do?

11. You are on a mission with SG-1 and in order to get away safely, a technical problem needs to be solved...Samantha Carter is looking to you for scientific insights. What is your answer?

12. Would you rather follow orders or make them?

13. You meet someone who repeatedly called you a snakehead a year ago and never apologized. How do you react to them now?

14. If you were in a situation where you desperately needed a host (you have important information for the Tok'ra), and no willing host was immediately available, but a potential host is close enough for you to grab. What would you do?

15. What would you consider to be perfect entertainment?

16. How would you like to spend a date with a potential mate?

17. How do you look on relationship commitment?

18. You have been a loyal Tok'ra up ontil now. A Goa'uld system lord shows up and offers you a small planet, thousands of slaves, and rich naquadah mines if you will just betray the Tok'ra. What is your answer?

19. What do you think about the Tau'ri alliance?

20. What do you think about the Jaffa alliance?

21. In what situations would your host or your symbiote be most likely to do all the talking?
      sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

My attempts for answers for Malek, Aldwin, and Garshaw. This is rather long, so I put it in spoiler tags.

Spoiler:

1. Rumor has circulated that there is a Goa'uld Spy in your ranks. You are more likely to...

Malek: Suspect your Tau'ri or Jaffa allies to have spread these filthy lies.
        Aldwin: Do nothing unless I am ordered to investigate. It is not my place to listen to rumours.
        Garshaw: Tok'ra are loyal for life! I don't believe such rumours unless I see proof!

2. News has come that SG1 is in trouble at the same time as there is a Goa'uld meeting. Simultaneously there is an innocent planet in line for destruction... you can only do one, which do you choose?

Malek: My queen Egeria would want me to save the innocent planet, so that is what I will do.
        Aldwin: Whatever the Council decides I will do.
        Garshaw: Regrettably, the Goa'uld meeting is too important to miss. If it ends early enough, we will go to save SG-1.

3. You go to the SGC with intel about a new Goa'uld weapon that must be destroyed. Once there you...

Malek: Do not volunteer to accompany them - the Tok'ra are few and too many have been lost due to the Tau'ri alliance.
        Aldwin: Deliver the information as ordered, and don't do anything else.
        Garshaw: Deliver the information, then quickly return to the Tok'ra base, as you have more important things to do than assist the Tau'ri.

Malek: I am usually in control, but I respect my host and would let him talk if he wanted to.
        Aldwin: My symbiote is shy, so I am always the one to talk to the Tau'ri. Of course, we agree on everything I say.
        Garshaw: We have a harmonic, fully symbiotic relationship. My host is usually relatively quiet, but friendly, while I, the symbiote is usually in control, and I am somewhat more harsh.

I think this question would be difficult to answer other than humourously.

Malek: wind surfing
        Aldwin: making paper planes
        Garshaw: Knitting

Malek: While there are advantages to cooperating with them, they are dangerous to the Tok'ra. Many of us have been killed because of the alliance.
        Aldwin: I generally like them and will help them unless ordered otherwise.
        Garshaw: They have brough us a host for Selmak and promised to bring us more. Also, they found a spy in our ranks, so they are somewhat useful, despite being somewhat primitive and technologically inferior.

7. If the tunnels were being attacked by the Goa'uld and you needed to evacuate NOW - what/who would you save first?

Malek: My picture of Egeria and my biochemistry research
        Aldwin: Whatever the council tells me to.
        Garshaw: Any information vital to the Tok'ra cause.

8. If you could take some time off from fighting the Goa'uld, were would you go and what would you do?

Again, to answer this we need more information about the personality and interests of the various Tok'ra, so I have answered this humoursly. We should probably omit this question.

Malek: Killing Jaffa
        Aldwin: Forcing my symbiote to talk to strangers
        Garshaw: Dreaming about that handsome human, O'Neill

Malek: someone who likes strong, silent men
        Aldwin: a woman who can understand that the Tok'ra will always come first
        Garshaw: a man who is willing to be a host to any Tok'ra symbiotes in need, and who understands and supports the Tok'ra cause

10. Assume that you are on a mission with the Tau'ri. You are all standing in a dark room, when you hear a strange noise, what do you do?

Malek: It is dark, so I can't see what is happening. It is safer to hide somewhere and hope it goes away.
        Aldwin: Offer any knowledge I might have on what it could be.
        Garshaw: Inform whatever is out there that I am not a Goa'uld.

11. You are on a mission with SG-1 and in order to get away safely, a technical problem needs to be solved...Samantha Carter is looking to you for scientific insights. What is your answer?

Malek: If it has to do with biochemistry, we are your men!
        Aldwin: I will tell her all I know - which isn't very much.
        Garshaw: Tau'ri technology is too primitive for you to be able to understand the solution.

Malek: Make orders, obviously. I am a base commander.
        Aldwin: I like to follow orders.
        Garshaw: Make orders, I am a grand councillor.

(Maybe we shouldn't list their titles - base commander/grand councillor, and just answer yes or no)

13. You meet someone who repeatedly called you a snakehead a year ago and never apologized. How do you react to them now?

Malek: Treat them with hostility, but eventually make peace with them
        Aldwin: Ignore the insult
        Garshaw: Ignore the insult

14. If you were in a situation where you desperately needed a host (you have important information for the Tok'ra), and no willing host was immediately available, but a potential host is close enough for you to grab. What would you do?

Malek: If the cause was sufficient, then I would do it...for the Tok'ra, of course.
        Aldwin: My symbiote would never do that - he is much to timid - as am I...
        Garshaw: Goa'uld take hosts. Tok'ra do not. Ours wish to be so.

I suggest removing this question or making it humourous.

Malek: Killing Jaffa
        Aldwin: what is entertainment? Don't hurt me!
        Garshaw: males performing with little or no clothing

I suggest removing this question too or making it humourous.

Malek: Watching Jaffa get killed (OK, this is starting to escalate for me )
        Aldwin: Anywhere, as long as it is somewhere safe
        Garshaw: Dinner at an expensive restaurant.

(I sort of think of Tok'ra as the life-long commitment kind, because of the approx. 100 years Lantash has been with Rosha/Jolinar. Also, we have 4 beings in love, each host/symbiote pair feeling the same 'internally', so I guess they would sort of reinforce each other - the feelings also seems to be rather lasting, given that Sam felt Jolinar's feelings just as if they were her own)

Malek: Tok'ra are loyal for life
        Aldwin: Tok'ra are loyal for life
        Garshaw: Tok'ra are loyal for life

18. You have been a loyal Tok'ra up until now. A Goa'uld system lord shows up and offers you a small

planet, thousands of slaves, and rich naquadah mines if you will just betray the Tok'ra. What is your answer?

Malek: Tok'ra are loyal for life - how DARE you suggest I betray them!
        Aldwin: I would never do anything against the council's wishes
        Garshaw: We are NOT Goa'uld...Tok'ra are loyal for life. Die, Goa'uld scum!

(somewhat the same question as the "6. How do you feel about the Tau'ri?" maybe they should be combined)

Malek: It is dangerous for us - too many Tok'ra are killed because of it.
        Aldwin: I will follow the council's wishes, of course, but I think we should help the Tau'ri, if possible
        Garshaw: The Tau'ri are primitive and their technology is inferior, but they do have hosts - they helped Selmak, and they helped us discover a spy in our midst, so they are somewhat useful.

Malek: Jaffa can not be trusted, except for a few. The alliance is probably not a good idea.
        Aldwin: As long as we are allied to the Jaffa, I will assist them - I know Teal'c, and I would help him if possible.
        Garshaw: I am suspicious of the Jaffa, though a few, like Teal'c, can be trusted.

21. In what situations would your host or your symbiote be most likely to do all the talking?

Malek: I, the symbiote, always do the talking
        Aldwin: I am the host, and I am always the one talking
        Garshaw: Usually the symbiote talks, but the host will sometimes talk, to offer a more friendly viewpoint to the Tau'ri, or to explain something to them.
        sigpic

Comment

OK, I will give this a try also. These are my answers for Thoran, Zarin, and Kanan. I have reused some of the answers from Hathor_girl (THANKS!) - and there are some where I simply don't have a clue what to write, but here goes:

Spoiler:

Thoran: Suspect your Tau'ri or Jaffa allies to have spread these filthy lies. (Same as for Malek)
          Zarin: Investigate covertly to determine if there is any truth in this.
          Kanan: Directly look for suspects without trying to avoid anyone detecting.

Thoran: The Goa'uld meeting is the most important - it's not as if the Tau'ri does much to help us anyway. If possible, I may try to rescue them later, if they are still in need of rescuing.
          Zarin: The Goa'uld meeting is the most important, but I will of course try to help our allies if possible.
          Kanan: We must try to save SG-1 - no one must be left behind. It doesn't matter if the plan is not the best thought-through.

Thoran: Do not volunteer to accompany them - the Tok'ra are few and too many have been lost due to the Tau'ri alliance. (Like Malek)
          Zarin: Deliver the information as ordered, and give some further assistance as long as it doesn't jeopardize whatever other missions you have.
          Kanan: Deliver the information, and go with them at first, then flee if it seems to be getting dangerous.

Thoran: I am almost always in control, at least when it comes to matters important to the Tok'ra, but my host can have control if he should want to.
          Zarin: The symbiote has control mostly, at least when we are on missions (I guess this is always true when they pretend to be Goa'uld )
          Kanan: I surpress my host totally, but only in situations where I know best.

Agree that this question should be omitted or answered humorously.

Thoran: having heated arguments with stupid Tau'ri
          Zarin: interrogating Jaffa
          Kanan: Courting attractive female lo'tars

Thoran: I will help them if it does not risk the Tok'ra and our cause. Otherwise I am less than enthusiastic about them.
          Zarin: I will help them if possible, but I think they are somewhat careless.
          Kanan: I would try to help them, but not if it means being caught by the Goa'uld.

Thoran: Whatever is most important to the Tok'ra cause.
          Zarin: My undercover costumes
          Kanan: My attractive lo'tar

Difficult. Should be omitted.

Thoran: I don't want time off - the Tok'ra cause is my life!
          Zarin: I relax as an undercover Goa'uld
          Kanan: Rescuing attractive lo'tars

Thoran: someone who shares my dedication to the Tok'ra cause
          Zarin: someone who does not mind being my slave from time to time, when I need to practice for my missions
          Kanan: that they are former Goa'uld lo'tars

Thoran: Depends. Is it a threat to the Tok'ra? Can it be eliminated without risk to the Tok'ra?
          Zarin: I am accostumed to danger from my missions. I will investigate.
          Kanan: Investigate. If it turns out to be dangerous I will flee and let the Tau'ri handle it.

Thoran: Science is not really my area, but I will attempt to answer.
          Zarin: I am an undercover agent, not a scientist
          Kanan: Huh? Science?

Thoran: Make orders.
          Zarin: Make orders. I am used to being in command and needs to practice always.
          Kanan: Make orders.

Thoran: Treat them with hostility.
          Zarin: Ignore the insult.
          Kanan: Ignore the insult.

Thoran: I would do it for the Tok'ra cause.
          Zarin: Perhaps, if it was important.
          Kanan: Take the potential host.

Difficult. Let's take out this question.

Thoran: Arguing with unreasonable Tau'ri.
          Zarin: Interrogating Jaffa.
          Kanan: Seducing cute female lo'tars.

Agree with Hathor_girl - let's remove this question.

Thoran: If it is a Tau'ri - convince her to join the Tok'ra cause.
          Zarin: Watching my slaves perform for us, while we dine on the best the planet has to offer - if I am currently undercover as a Goa'uld, of course. Otherwise we would probably share a bowl of oatmeal in the mess hall.
          Kanan: Telling my beautiful lo'tar how wonderful she is.

Thoran: Tok'ra are loyal for life
          Zarin: Tok'ra are loyal for life
          Kanan: I would risk the life of my host to be with her.

18. You have been a loyal Tok'ra up until now. A Goa'uld system lord shows up and offers you a small planet, thousands of slaves, and rich naquadah mines if you will just betray the Tok'ra. What is your answer?

Thoran: I would NEVER betray the Tok'ra!
          Zarin: I already have all that when I am pretending to be a Goa'uld, so the question is academic.
          Kanan: I would not betray the Tok'ra.

Mostly like question 6.

Thoran: The interests of the Tok'ra are my highest priority, even it means ignoring the Tok'ra-Tau'ri treaty.
          Zarin: I will honor the treaty if at all possible.
          Kanan: I have nothing against it, but no special love for it either.

Thoran: Jaffa can not be trusted.
          Zarin: I will help them if possible. I will honor the alliance.
          Kanan: I don't have any opinion for or against it.

Thoran: I, the symbiote, always do the talking.
          Zarin: I, the symbiote, usually do the talking.
          Kanan: I surpress the host totally, so it is always the symbiote that does the talking.
          sigpic
          button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Here are the ones for Selmak:

Spoiler:

Talk to the Council, and make sure they don't blame the Tauri first.

Make very sure that you can only do one, then regrettably go to the Goa'uld meeting—the good of the many must outweigh personal feelings.

Do a polite meet and greet, but get down to business quickly

Uniquely equal, as you seem to equally share the body—in mind you are usually as one.

(this is humorous, right?) Teasing Tok'ra

They're great, even if pretty young and naive.

Any sensitive information that the Goa'uld should not get

The Tauri, for one of their nice island vacations

Who says I'm looking for one?

Sigh, assuming that one of the Tauri (probably O'Neill) has been careless.

Samantha Carter needs my help? Things have really gone sour!

I can command, but it's not a huge deal if I have to follow.

If I have some reason to keep on good terms, I'll tolerate them, but won't hesitate to give them some of my biting wit.

I've lived a good life in service to the Tok'ra, and don't see any reason to break our highest law.

I go on too many missions to want anything other than rest when I have free time.

Stargazing.

I'd be loyal for life in heart, but would understand if a potential mate couldn't take the constant separation that would come with my occupation.

18. You have been a loyal Tok'ra up ontil now. A Goa'uld system lord shows up and offers you a small planet, thousands of slaves, and rich naquadah mines if you will just betray the Tok'ra. What is your answer?

I'd tell him that he's a fool to think the Tok'ra are so easily bought after I'd got over my amusement.

It's a good idea, but very difficult to maintain.

It's a good idea, but very difficult to maintain.

The host does the talking on the Tauri, but my symbiote is most likely to speak among Tok'ra and on missions

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

we're giving and taking feedback here, right?

Comment

Originally posted by RogueDragon View Post
                Certainly. I believe the hope is that we together can make a GREAT quiz that is better than what one of us could. I was clueless for many of my answers, so I would be more than happy to hear any suggestions and ideas. MerryK, I really like many of your answers for Selmak - especially 2, 13, 17, and 18.

Hathor_girl - I laughed at your 'order-obeying' Aldwin, but I guess that is how he is. A very dutiful Tok'ra that does what the council tells him, but who also really want to help if it is possible without risking the Tok'ra. I actually like the guy.
                sigpic
                button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

I certainly want it. Glad you liked those answers, CaptJanson. I didn't have a really hard time with Selmak, but some of the questions were very much guesswork.

Comment

I want feedback also, of course. I had pretty easy ones compared to CaptJanson, but it was still guess work some of it - you know, trying to imagine how they would be from what little we have seen of them
                    sigpic

Comment

Nebulan was emailing me (when at work she can look but not post) and suggested for Selmak for #10. Assume that you are on a mission with the Tau'ri. You are all standing in a dark room, when you hear a strange noise, what do you do?

Yell "Get your hands off my daughter!"

LOL, but a dead give away

Comment

Here goes my attempt to answer for Anise/Freya, Korra, and Delek. I would also very much like comments, suggestion - any feedback, really.

Spoiler:

Anise/Freya: My symbiote is suspicious, but my host thinks the rumors are groundless
                        Korra: Be careful and investigate discreetly
                        Delek: It is probably Selmak - those cursed Tau'ri has contaminated her.

Anise/Freya: We will go and rescue SG-1 - we don't want to risk the lives of either Jack or Daniel
                        Korra: It is only fair that I rescue SG-1, they deserve it
                        Delek: The Goa'uld meeting is obviously the most important - the Tau'ri ought to be able to see that, if they weren't so primitive. Besides - it is only their warlike meddling in things they don't understand which puts them, and far too often us, into the clutches of the Goa'uld.

Anise/Freya: The symbiote will give them the information and nothing more. If they complain the host will smooth things over and explain that we are doing our best and don't have any further information.
                        Korra: Deliver the information as ordered, and help them if necessary, but not by risking the Tok'ra.
                        Delek: Deliver the information, then immediately return to the Tok'ra base. My time is too valuable to waste on the Tau'ri.

Anise/Freya: We have a harmonic relationship and agree on most. However, we sometimes disagree on which men are attractive. Of course, if deeper feelings are involved, we feel the same, just as all other Tok'ra.
                        Korra: We truly share our body, and host and symbiote are equal.
                        Delek: I am usually in control, but I respect my host and allow him control in situations where it is appropriate. Fortunately, he understands that there are some Tok'ra matters where the symbiote should be the one to handle things.

Again, humorously, like everyone else seems to have done.

Anise/Freya: MEN, shopping, fashion
                        Korra: Designing better suicide pills and methods for Tok'ra operatives
                        Delek: Plotting for power...I mean, thinking of ways to further the Tok'ra cause

Anise/Freya: I generally like them.
                        Korra: I like them - they can sometimes be very friendly and helpful.
                        Delek: They are dangerous for us. They are also corrupting us, and I certainly don't think getting hosts from them is a good idea.

Anise/Freya: My research
                        Korra: Whatever is most important to the Tok'ra
                        Delek: Information vital to the Tok'ra cause

We should omit the question.

Anise/Freya: Pursuing interesting men
                        Korra: Practicing my Goa'uld imitation for my next mission
                        Delek: I do not take time off - my work is far too important

Anise/Freya: an attractive military type, but with a scientific mind - and an interest in archaeology
                        Korra: Someone that understands that the Tok'ra will always be what is most important for me
                        Delek: She should understand that my work is important and that the Tok'ra symbiotes are more important than human hosts

Anise/Freya: Pull out the infrared goggles I swiped from Jack earlier and put them on. I can now see what is going on and better determine rationally what to do
                        Korra: Investigate carefully. If I am captured I will swallow poison to avoid giving away information about the others.
                        Delek: Allow the Tau'ri to investigate. Their foolhardy behaviour has already cost the Tok'ra far too dearly, and I will not be their next casualty.

Anise/Freya: If it has to do with biochemistry or archeaology, then I can most likely help
                        Korra: I will tell her all I know - which isn't very much.
                        Delek: Tau'ri technology is too primitive for you to be able to understand the solution, even if I knew it (which I don't, but I'm not going to tell you that).

Anise/Freya: Give orders
                        Korra: I can both follow orders and give orders. It depends on the situation.
                        Delek: Give orders, of course.

Anise/Freya: The host would try to straighten out any problems that exists - hopefully we can get along
                        Korra: Ignore the insult
                        Delek: Tell the ignorant fool that symbiotes are not snakes and that I don't care what primitive Tau'ri think anyway

Anise/Freya: If the cause was sufficient, then I would do it...for the Tok'ra, of course. I would of course leave again if the host wanted it, as soon as a new one could be found.
                        Korra: I would never take an unvilling host - I would rather give my life
                        Delek: Take the host, of course. The Tok'ra cause is important enough for such small sacrifices

Let's remove the question/make it humorous

Anise/Freya: hunting men
                        Korra: keep poisonous snakes and frogs as pets, to study their poisons
                        Delek: I am not interested in entertainment

Again, humorous or remove the question

Anise/Freya: Ravish him
                        Korra: dinner at a nice restaurant would be fine
                        Delek: Going somewhere expensive

Anise/Freya: If we are not just talking about physical attraction, then Tok'ra are loyal for life
                        Korra: Tok'ra are loyal for life
                        Delek: Tok'ra are loyal for life

18. You have been a loyal Tok'ra up until now. A Goa'uld system lord shows up and offers you a small planet, thousands of slaves, and rich naquadah mines if you will just betray the Tok'ra. What is your answer?

Anise/Freya: We would never betray the Tok'ra
                        Korra: We would rather die than betray the Tok'ra
                        Delek: Depends. How rich are those naquadah mines?

Anise/Freya: They are useful to have as guinea pigs. I am in favor of the alliance
                        Korra: I am in favor of it.
                        Delek: It is dangerous for the Tok'ra. I am against the alliance.

Anise/Freya: I have no opinion.
                        Korra: I am in favor. The Jaffa can be very honorable and willing to sacrifice themselves.
                        Delek: I am very suspicious of the Jaffa. That alliance is even worse than the one with the Tau'ri and we should end it immediately.

Anise/Freya: The symbiote is usually the one talking when we give the Tau'ri information, but the host will assume control from time to time to make sure they don't get the wrong impression
                        Korra: The host, mostly, but the symbiote talks on missions and such.
                        Delek: I am in control in all matters important to the Tok'ra and when we deal with the Tau'ri, and on missions.

-Snotr
                        sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                        (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                        Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Nebulan was emailing me (when at work she can look but not post) and suggested for Selmak for #10. Assume that you are on a mission with the Tau'ri. You are all standing in a dark room, when you hear a strange noise, what do you do?

Yell "Get your hands off my daughter!"

LOL, but a dead give away
                          LOL! Yeah, I thought of: Say "Jack, cut it out!" But dead giveaway, yeah, and I didn't want that.

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
                            Here goes my attempt to answer for Anise/Freya, Korra, and Delek. I would also very much like comments, suggestion - any feedback, really.

Spoiler:

Anise/Freya: My symbiote is suspicious, but my host thinks the rumors are groundless
                            Korra: Be careful and investigate discreetly
                            Delek: It is probably Selmak - those cursed Tau'ri has contaminated her.

Anise/Freya: We will go and rescue SG-1 - we don't want to risk the lives of either Jack or Daniel
                            Korra: It is only fair that I rescue SG-1, they deserve it
                            Delek: The Goa'uld meeting is obviously the most important - the Tau'ri ought to be able to see that, if they weren't so primitive. Besides - it is only their warlike meddling in things they don't understand which puts them, and far too often us, into the clutches of the Goa'uld.

Anise/Freya: The symbiote will give them the information and nothing more. If they complain the host will smooth things over and explain that we are doing our best and don't have any further information.
                            Korra: Deliver the information as ordered, and help them if necessary, but not by risking the Tok'ra.
                            Delek: Deliver the information, then immediately return to the Tok'ra base. My time is too valuable to waste on the Tau'ri.

Anise/Freya: We have a harmonic relationship and agree on most. However, we sometimes disagree on which men are attractive. Of course, if deeper feelings are involved, we feel the same, just as all other Tok'ra.
                            Korra: We truly share our body, and host and symbiote are equal.
                            Delek: I am usually in control, but I respect my host and allow him control in situations where it is appropriate. Fortunately, he understands that there are some Tok'ra matters where the symbiote should be the one to handle things.

Again, humorously, like everyone else seems to have done.

Anise/Freya: MEN, shopping, fashion
                            Korra: Designing better suicide pills and methods for Tok'ra operatives
                            Delek: Plotting for power...I mean, thinking of ways to further the Tok'ra cause

Anise/Freya: I generally like them.
                            Korra: I like them - they can sometimes be very friendly and helpful.
                            Delek: They are dangerous for us. They are also corrupting us, and I certainly don't think getting hosts from them is a good idea.

Anise/Freya: My research
                            Korra: Whatever is most important to the Tok'ra
                            Delek: Information vital to the Tok'ra cause

We should omit the question.

Anise/Freya: Pursuing interesting men
                            Korra: Practicing my Goa'uld imitation for my next mission
                            Delek: I do not take time off - my work is far too important

Anise/Freya: an attractive military type, but with a scientific mind - and an interest in archaeology
                            Korra: Someone that understands that the Tok'ra will always be what is most important for me
                            Delek: She should understand that my work is important and that the Tok'ra symbiotes are more important than human hosts

Anise/Freya: Pull out the infrared goggles I swiped from Jack earlier and put them on. I can now see what is going on and better determine rationally what to do
                            Korra: Investigate carefully. If I am captured I will swallow poison to avoid giving away information about the others.
                            Delek: Allow the Tau'ri to investigate. Their foolhardy behaviour has already cost the Tok'ra far too dearly, and I will not be their next casualty.

Anise/Freya: If it has to do with biochemistry or archeaology, then I can most likely help
                            Korra: I will tell her all I know - which isn't very much.
                            Delek: Tau'ri technology is too primitive for you to be able to understand the solution, even if I knew it (which I don't, but I'm not going to tell you that).

Anise/Freya: Give orders
                            Korra: I can both follow orders and give orders. It depends on the situation.
                            Delek: Give orders, of course.

Anise/Freya: The host would try to straighten out any problems that exists - hopefully we can get along
                            Korra: Ignore the insult
                            Delek: Tell the ignorant fool that symbiotes are not snakes and that I don't care what primitive Tau'ri think anyway

Anise/Freya: If the cause was sufficient, then I would do it...for the Tok'ra, of course. I would of course leave again if the host wanted it, as soon as a new one could be found.
                            Korra: I would never take an unvilling host - I would rather give my life
                            Delek: Take the host, of course. The Tok'ra cause is important enough for such small sacrifices

Let's remove the question/make it humorous

Anise/Freya: hunting men
                            Korra: keep poisonous snakes and frogs as pets, to study their poisons
                            Delek: I am not interested in entertainment

Again, humorous or remove the question

Anise/Freya: Ravish him
                            Korra: dinner at a nice restaurant would be fine
                            Delek: Going somewhere expensive

Anise/Freya: If we are not just talking about physical attraction, then Tok'ra are loyal for life
                            Korra: Tok'ra are loyal for life
                            Delek: Tok'ra are loyal for life

Anise/Freya: We would never betray the Tok'ra
                            Korra: We would rather die than betray the Tok'ra

Anise/Freya: They are useful to have as guinea pigs. I am in favor of the alliance
                            Korra: I am in favor of it.
                            Delek: It is dangerous for the Tok'ra. I am against the alliance.

Anise/Freya: I have no opinion.
                            Korra: I am in favor. The Jaffa can be very honorable and willing to sacrifice themselves.
                            Delek: I am very suspicious of the Jaffa. That alliance is even worse than the one with the Tau'ri and we should end it immediately.

Anise/Freya: The symbiote is usually the one talking when we give the Tau'ri information, but the host will assume control from time to time to make sure they don't get the wrong impression
                            Korra: The host, mostly, but the symbiote talks on missions and such.
                            Delek: I am in control in all matters important to the Tok'ra and when we deal with the Tau'ri, and on missions.

-Snotr
                            Actually, the one thing about Delek that I noted about him that wasn't very Tok'ra-ish was that he was arguing with Selmak that his host was too strong willed... Right in front of his own host... the way he said it was almost insulting!

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post

That just cracked me up, especially since I could picture and hear Delek in my head saying just that...and after all the other responses to that question. This quiz is a lot of fun!

Comment

These are my answers for: Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha, Martouf/Lantash, Egeria, Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek, Samantha/Jolinar. How did I end up with this many?

It is divided in two parts, as I got an error message: "The text that you have entered is too long (12297 characters). Please shorten it to 12000 characters long."

Spoiler:

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Discreetly investigate anyone who has been behaving suspiciously.
                                Martouf/Lantash: Grab anyone behaving suspiciously and question them.
                                Egeria: Reveal the possible Goa'uld spy through a series of subtle traps.
                                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: Ask trustworthy people to keep their eye and ears open and report anything suspicious - that way we can hopefully find the spy if he/she exists.
                                Samantha/Jolinar: Grab anyone behaving suspiciously and question them.

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: The Goa'uld meeting is the most important.
                                Martouf/Lantash: We should save SG-1. (Samantha is on the team!)
                                Egeria: The Goa'uld meeting is important, but saving innocent lives is even more so.
                                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: The Goa'uld meeting is the most important. (Humans breed like rabbits anyway)
                                Samantha/Jolinar: We should save SG-1, unless it is a very important Goa'uld meeting. Then we should attend that.

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Give them the intel and answer any questions they may have about it.
                                Martouf/Lantash: Give them the intel and accompany them on the mission.
                                Egeria: Give them the intel and any other information that would be important.
                                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: Give them all the information you have.
                                Samantha/Jolinar: Give them the intel and accompany them on the mission.

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Harmonic and fully symbiotic. We both feel the same and are equals.
                                Martouf/Lantash: Harmonic and fully symbiotic. We both feel the same and are equals.
                                Egeria: Harmonic and fully symbiotic. Host and symbiote are equals.
                                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: We have a harmonic relationship.
                                Samantha/Jolinar: We had some disagreements at first, but we now have a fully symbiotic relationship.

(I'm speculating here, but I assume that if Sam had kept Jolinar, then they would have ended up getting along fine - there is the "If I wasn't fighting her and I knew what it meant for Jolinar to be a Tok'ra, it might have been, I don't know, enlightening." She also says "I know this, she sacrificed herself to save me. That speaks a ton about her character as far as I'm concerned." So I'm guessing she and Jolinar could have ended up becoming great friends.)

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Our mate.
                                Martouf/Lantash: Seducing Samantha.
                                Egeria: Fighting the Goa'uld.
                                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: It is regrettable, but to maintain my cover, I have to bed the local peasant girls. Still, they are better of with me.
                                Samantha/Jolinar: Astrophysics and our mate.

(I realise astrophysics is sort of a give away, but we did agree on this question being humourous, did we not? Also, I assume that since Sam's feelings for Martouf/Lantash were that strong even without Jolinar being there, she and Jolinar would most likely have continued the relationship if Jolinar had stayed in her.)

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: No strong feelings for or against.
                                Martouf/Lantash: I like the Tau'ri, even though they sometimes behave foolish.
                                Egeria: They are young, but learning. I like them.
                                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: They are useful. I am more positive than negative towards them.
                                Samantha/Jolinar: I like them.

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Whatever is most important to the Tok'ra.
                                Martouf/Lantash: Samantha, if she is there, otherwise, whatever is most important to the Tok'ra.
                                Egeria: Whatever is most important to the Tok'ra.
                                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: My expensive Goa'uld robes.
                                Samantha/Jolinar: My research.

Should we remove this question or make it humourous?

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Wander along the beach of a beautiful ocean.
                                Martouf/Lantash: Visit the Tau'ri and spend time with Samantha.
                                Egeria: Fighting the Goa'uld is my life - I can not just take a vacation from it.
                                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: I relax when I am undercover as a Goa'uld. That is enough.
                                Samantha/Jolinar: Spend more time on my research.

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: A passionate symbiote in a friendly host. They should be loyal for as long as I am alive.
                                Martouf/Lantash: Blue eyes and blond hair. Intelligence. Smiling/friendly.
                                Egeria: Loyalty to the Tok'ra cause.
                                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: An understanding woman who dosn't mind that I fulfill my...duties, while I am pretending to be a Goa'uld.
                                Samantha/Jolinar: Survival instinct...I already have a mate.

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Attack it head-on or seduce it, depending on what it is.
                                Martouf/Lantash: Push Jack O'Neill forward and let him deal with it. He seems to survive anything.
                                Egeria: My responsibility to the Tok'ra means that I can't risk investigating. Someone else will have to do it. What am I doing on a dangerous mission anyway?
                                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: I will assign one of my minions to check it out.
                                Samantha/Jolinar: We will go and investigate.

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Give her any information I might have and hope she figures it out on her own.
                                Martouf/Lantash: Tok'ra are well educated. I will suggest something that helps solve the problem.
                                Egeria: I will help her any way I can.
                                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: Do I look like a scientist to you?
                                Samantha/Jolinar: I AM Samantha Carter - but aside from that, I will think of something to solve the problem.

(Martouf/Lantash has actually given indication of having some scientific/technical knowledge, both in "Serpent's Song" where they suggest Sokar attacks with subatomic particles which would be able to materialize despite the iris, and in "Jolinar's memories"/"The Devil You Know" where they suggest that the ring transporter can be intercepted.)
                                sigpic
                                Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Working...
                                X