Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second part:

Spoiler:

12. Would you rather follow orders or make them?

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Give orders.
    Martouf/Lantash: I am most accostumed to follow orders, but I can give orders if necessary.
    Egeria: Give orders.
    Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: Give orders.
    Samantha/Jolinar: Depends on the situation. I can both give orders and follow them.

13. You meet someone who repeatedly called you a snakehead a year ago and never apologized. How do you react to them now?

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: I grab him by the throat and bring him to his knees. Then, if he apologizes nicely I _may_ let him live.
    Martouf/Lantash: The host would ignore it, but the symbiote would only tolerate something like that for a while.
    Egeria: I will ignore it and try to change his/her opinion of the Tok'ra.
    Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: I will not tolerate such insolence.
    Samantha/Jolinar: I grab him by the throat and bring him to his knees. Then, if he apologizes nicely I _may_ let him live - if I'm in a good mood.

14. If you were in a situation where you desperately needed a host (you have important information for the Tok'ra), and no willing host was immediately available, but a potential host is close enough for you to grab. What would you do?

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: I would take the host and leave him/her later if he/she didn't want to continue being my host.
    Martouf/Lantash: I would never force a human to become a host. It goes against all that we believe in.
    Egeria: Taking an unwilling host goes against all that we believe in - still, my responsibilities to the Tok'ra cause is great, and there might be circumstances where I would have to temporarily take a host that way.
    Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: If my information is very important, then I would take the host.
    Samantha/Jolinar: I would take the host and leave him/her later if he/she didn't want to continue being my host.

15. What would you consider to be perfect entertainment?

Again, this is humourous.

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Relaxing on the beach.
    Martouf/Lantash: Listening to Samantha.
    Egeria: Thinking about the hilarious clothing style of the Goa'uld
    Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: Peasant girls.
    Samantha/Jolinar: Astrophysics.

16. How would you like to spend a date with a potential mate?

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: A romantic walk in the desert.
    Martouf/Lantash: A walk in the desert or a romantic dinner.
    Egeria: Discussing plans for our future - and convincing him he wants to have LOTS of children.
    Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: If I am on a mission, then my slaves will entertain us and serve us a lavish dinner. If I am home in the tunnels, we would most likely eat in the mess hall.
    Samantha/Jolinar: Walking in the desert sounds nice. Or perhaps going somewhere quiet for a dinner and a dance.

17. How do you look on relationship commitment?

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Tok'ra are loyal for life - what we have to do on missions do not count.
    Martouf/Lantash: Tok'ra are loyal for life.
    Egeria: Tok'ra are loyal for life.
    Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: Tok'ra are loyal for life - those peasant girls are part of the job and thus doesn't count.
    Samantha/Jolinar: Tok'ra are loyal for life.

18. You have been a loyal Tok'ra up ontil now. A Goa'uld system lord shows up and offers you a small planet, thousands of slaves, and rich naquadah mines if you will just betray the Tok'ra. What is your answer?

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: I would never betray the Tok'ra.
    Martouf/Lantash: I would never betray the Tok'ra.
    Egeria: I would NEVER betray the Tok'ra.
    Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: I would never betray the Tok'ra.
    Samantha/Jolinar: I would never betray the Tok'ra.

19. What do you think about the Tau'ri alliance?

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: I have no strong feelings for or against it.
    Martouf/Lantash: I am very much for it, and would work hard for it.
    Egeria: I am mostly for it, as long as it is good for the Tok'ra.
    Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: I am more positive than negative about it.
    Samantha/Jolinar: I am for it.

20. What do you think about the Jaffa alliance?

Martouf/Lantash: I am mostly positive about it.
    Egeria: I am somewhat suspicious about the Jaffa, but I think it might be a good idea.
    Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: I have no strong feelings for or against it.

21. In what situations would your host or your symbiote be most likely to do all the talking?

Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: When we are on missions and pretend to be a Goa'uld, the symbiote does all the talking. With our mate we are equally likely to speak. In dealings with humans the host may be more likely to talk.
    Martouf/Lantash: The symbiote would do all the talking when we pretend to be Goa'uld. When dealing with humans the host is mostly the one talking, though the symbiote also talks sometimes.
    Egeria: When pretending to be Goa'uld the symbiote would be the one talking. In dealings important to the Tok'ra, the symbiote would often be, though the host would also sometimes be.
    Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: When pretending to be Goa'uld the symbiote would be the one talking.
    Samantha/Jolinar: When pretending to be a Goa'uld the symbiote would be the one talking. Otherwise it would vary.

-Skadi
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
      (I'm speculating here, but I assume that if Sam had kept Jolinar, then they would have ended up getting along fine - there is the "If I wasn't fighting her and I knew what it meant for Jolinar to be a Tok'ra, it might have been, I don't know, enlightening." She also says "I know this, she sacrificed herself to save me. That speaks a ton about her character as far as I'm concerned." So I'm guessing she and Jolinar could have ended up becoming great friends.)
      That's good speculation to me. Actually, that's what my ITLOD plot bunny is about—if circumstances had been different, how long would it take for Sam to agree to be a Tok'ra. I just have a final chapter in a story for another fandom to write, and then it's Sam whump, pro-Tok'ra style.

So...is it just me or is question 18 going to be pretty much three answers: Delek's, Tanith's, and all the other Tok'ra's?

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
      ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
        That's good speculation to me. Actually, that's what my ITLOD plot bunny is about—if circumstances had been different, how long would it take for Sam to agree to be a Tok'ra. I just have a final chapter in a story for another fandom to write, and then it's Sam whump, pro-Tok'ra style.

So...is it just me or is question 18 going to be pretty much three answers: Delek's, Tanith's, and all the other Tok'ra's?
        I agree, Sam would most likely have stayed a Tok'ra if Jolinar hadn't been killed. I actually always thought their personalities would go well together - they would become good friends. Looking forward to your story, by the way, it sounds very interesting

Yes, I think Delek and Tanith are basically the only ones with a different answer to question 18 - I can't really see a Tok'ra betray his/her people. They seem fiercely loyal. (Maybe they don't have a choice, genetic memory an all - though the symbiotes obviously _can_ go beyond that, since Egeria chose to be Tok'ra, and since a few other Goa'uld has joined the Tok'ra over the years. )

There will probably be several questions where two or more has the same answer, but I don't see that as a problem at all, that is how it usually is in quizzes - then each Tok'ra just get a point for that, and in the end there will still be one of the Tok'ra which is a closest match. It is unlikely that someone in every case will get the same number of points and end up equal.

How do we do the practical aspects of the quiz? Do we use on of those online forms to fill in or do nebulan code it in Java (if I remember correctly)?
        sigpic
        button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Forgot to say so, but I of course also would like feedback!

It's so much fun to read other peoples answers for the various Tok'ra This quiz is going to be great!

-Skadi
          sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I think the most difficult (but I think also important) of the questions are those that talk about the relationship between the host and symbiote, and who talks when. Since we haven't really seen much of the majority of the Tok'ra (and only in unusual situation where they interact with these strange Tau'ri), there isn't really any way to tell how they usually divide between host/symbiote. Perhaps they both talk equally much when they are at home in the tunnels?

There is one thing I have seen in many fanfics, and it does seem to make sense. When a Tok'ra is addressed, they use either the symbiotes name or the hosts name, and the one they use is for the one which is usually in control (since that would then be who they are most likely directly addressing). For the majority that seems to be the symbiote, but for a few it is the host (Martouf, Jacob, Aldwin). That also coincides with it being the host that mostly speak for those three. Perhaps generally the calmer one is in control? Martouf certainly is more calm/controlled than Lantash who is very direct and speaks him mind.

Anyway, the reason for this is that maybe we can tell who is usually in control/the one who talks, from the fact that we only get, say, Malek's name, and not his hosts name, though that could also be because the other of the pair is more shy

-Snotr
            sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
            (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
            Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

This is just a compilation of all the answers that have been given up until now:

Spoiler:

1. Rumor has circulated that there is a Goa'uld Spy in your ranks. You are more likely to...

Malek: Suspect your Tau'ri or Jaffa allies to have spread these filthy lies.
              Aldwin: Do nothing unless I am ordered to investigate. It is not my place to listen to rumours.
              Garshaw: Tok'ra are loyal for life! I don't believe such rumours unless I see proof!
              Thoran: Suspect your Tau'ri or Jaffa allies to have spread these filthy lies. (Same as for Malek)
              Zarin: Investigate covertly to determine if there is any truth in this.
              Kanan: Directly look for suspects without trying to avoid anyone detecting.
              Jacob/Selmak: Talk to the Council, and make sure they don't blame the Tauri first.
              Anise/Freya: My symbiote is suspicious, but my host thinks the rumors are groundless
              Korra: Be careful and investigate discreetly
              Delek: It is probably Selmak - those cursed Tau'ri has contaminated her.
              Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Discreetly investigate anyone who has been behaving suspiciously.
              Martouf/Lantash: Grab anyone behaving suspiciously and question them.
              Egeria: Reveal the possible Goa'uld spy through a series of subtle traps.
              Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: Ask trustworthy people to keep their eye and ears open and report anything suspicious - that way we can hopefully find the spy if he/she exists.
              Samantha/Jolinar: Grab anyone behaving suspiciously and question them.

2. News has come that SG1 is in trouble at the same time as there is a Goa'uld meeting.

Simultaneously there is an innocent planet in line for destruction... you can only do one, which do you choose?

Malek: My queen Egeria would want me to save the innocent planet, so that is what I will do.
              Aldwin: Whatever the Council decides I will do.
              Garshaw: Regrettably, the Goa'uld meeting is too important to miss. If it ends early enough, we will go to save SG-1.
              Thoran: The Goa'uld meeting is the most important - it's not as if the Tau'ri does much to help us anyway. If possible, I may try to rescue them later, if they are still in need of rescuing.
              Zarin: The Goa'uld meeting is the most important, but I will of course try to help our allies if possible.
              Kanan: We must try to save SG-1 - no one must be left behind. It doesn't matter if the plan is not the best thought-through.
              Jacob/Selmak: Make very sure that you can only do one, then regrettably go to the Goa'uld meeting—the good of the many must outweigh personal feelings.
              Anise/Freya: We will go and rescue SG-1 - we don't want to risk the lives of either Jack or Daniel
              Korra: It is only fair that I rescue SG-1, they deserve it
              Delek: The Goa'uld meeting is obviously the most important - the Tau'ri ought to be able to see that, if they weren't so primitive. Besides - it is only their warlike meddling in things they don't understand which puts them, and far too often us, into the clutches of the Goa'uld.
              Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: The Goa'uld meeting is the most important.
              Martouf/Lantash: We should save SG-1. (Samantha is on the team!)
              Egeria: The Goa'uld meeting is important, but saving innocent lives is even more so.
              Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: The Goa'uld meeting is the most important. (Humans breed like rabbits anyway)
              Samantha/Jolinar: We should save SG-1, unless it is a very important Goa'uld meeting. Then we should attend that.

3. You go to the SGC with intel about a new Goa'uld weapon that must be destroyed. Once there you...

Malek: Do not volunteer to accompany them - the Tok'ra are few and too many have been lost due to the Tau'ri alliance.
              Aldwin: Deliver the information as ordered, and don't do anything else.
              Garshaw: Deliver the information, then quickly return to the Tok'ra base, as you have more important things to do than assist the Tau'ri.
              Thoran: Do not volunteer to accompany them - the Tok'ra are few and too many have been lost due to the Tau'ri alliance. (Like Malek)
              Zarin: Deliver the information as ordered, and give some further assistance as long as it doesn't jeopardize whatever other missions you have.
              Kanan: Deliver the information, and go with them at first, then flee if it seems to be getting dangerous.
              Jacob/Selmak: Do a polite meet and greet, but get down to business quickly
              Anise/Freya: The symbiote will give them the information and nothing more. If they complain the host will smooth things over and explain that we are doing our best and don't have any further information.
              Korra: Deliver the information as ordered, and help them if necessary, but not by risking the Tok'ra.
              Delek: Deliver the information, then immediately return to the Tok'ra base. My time is too valuable to waste on the Tau'ri.
              Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Give them the intel and answer any questions they may have about it.
              Martouf/Lantash: Give them the intel and accompany them on the mission.
              Egeria: Give them the intel and any other information that would be important.
              Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: Give them all the information you have.
              Samantha/Jolinar: Give them the intel and accompany them on the mission.

4. You would define the relationship between the symbiote and the host as...

Malek: I am usually in control, but I respect my host and would let him talk if he wanted to.
              Aldwin: My symbiote is shy, so I am always the one to talk to the Tau'ri. Of course, we agree on everything I say.
              Garshaw: We have a harmonic, fully symbiotic relationship. My host is usually relatively quiet, but friendly, while I, the symbiote is usually in control, and I am somewhat more harsh.
              Thoran: I am almost always in control, at least when it comes to matters important to the Tok'ra, but my host can have control if he should want to.
              Zarin: The symbiote has control mostly, at least when we are on missions (I guess this is always true when they pretend to be Goa'uld )
              Kanan: I surpress my host totally, but only in situations where I know best.
              Jacob/Selmak: Uniquely equal, as you seem to equally share the body—in mind you are usually as one.
              Anise/Freya: We have a harmonic relationship and agree on most. However, we sometimes disagree on which men are attractive. Of course, if deeper feelings are involved, we feel the same, just as all other Tok'ra.
              Korra: We truly share our body, and host and symbiote are equal.
              Delek: I am usually in control, but I respect my host and allow him control in situations where it is appropriate. Fortunately, he understands that there are some Tok'ra matters where the symbiote should be the one to handle things.
              Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Harmonic and fully symbiotic. We both feel the same and are equals.
              Martouf/Lantash: Harmonic and fully symbiotic. We both feel the same and are equals.
              Egeria: Harmonic and fully symbiotic. Host and symbiote are equals.
              Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: We have a harmonic relationship.
              Samantha/Jolinar: We had some disagreements at first, but we now have a fully symbiotic relationship.

(I'm speculating here, but I assume that if Sam had kept Jolinar, then they would have ended up getting along fine - there is the "If I wasn't fighting her and I knew what it meant for Jolinar to be a Tok'ra, it might have been, I don't know, enlightening." She also says "I know this, she sacrificed herself to save me. That speaks a ton about her character as far as I'm concerned." So
              I'm guessing she and Jolinar could have ended up becoming great friends.)

5. Which hobbies/interests do you have?

Omitted/humourous

Malek: wind surfing
              Aldwin: making paper planes
              Garshaw: Knitting
              Thoran: having heated arguments with stupid Tau'ri
              Zarin: interrogating Jaffa
              Kanan: Courting attractive female lo'tars
              Jacob/Selmak: Teasing Tok'ra
              Anise/Freya: MEN, shopping, fashion
              Korra: Designing better suicide pills and methods for Tok'ra operatives
              Delek: Plotting for power...I mean, thinking of ways to further the Tok'ra cause
              Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Our mate.
              Martouf/Lantash: Seducing Samantha.
              Egeria: Fighting the Goa'uld.
              Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: It is regrettable, but to maintain my cover, I have to bed the local peasant girls. Still, they are better of with me.
              Samantha/Jolinar: Astrophysics and our mate.

(I realise astrophysics is sort of a give away, but we did agree on this question being humourous, did we not? Also, I assume that since Sam's feelings for Martouf/Lantash were that strong even without Jolinar being there, she and Jolinar would most likely have continued the relationship if
              Jolinar had stayed in her.)

6. How do you feel about the Tau'ri?

Malek: While there are advantages to cooperating with them, they are dangerous to the Tok'ra. Many of us have been killed because of the alliance.
              Aldwin: I generally like them and will help them unless ordered otherwise.
              Garshaw: They have brough us a host for Selmak and promised to bring us more. Also, they found a spy in our ranks, so they are somewhat useful, despite being somewhat primitive and technologically inferior.
              Thoran: I will help them if it does not risk the Tok'ra and our cause. Otherwise I am less than enthusiastic about them.
              Zarin: I will help them if possible, but I think they are somewhat careless.
              Kanan: I would try to help them, but not if it means being caught by the Goa'uld.
              Jacob/Selmak: They're great, even if pretty young and naive.
              Anise/Freya: I generally like them.
              Korra: I like them - they can sometimes be very friendly and helpful.
              Delek: They are dangerous for us. They are also corrupting us, and I certainly don't think getting hosts from them is a good idea.
              Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: No strong feelings for or against.
              Martouf/Lantash: I like the Tau'ri, even though they sometimes behave foolish.
              Egeria: They are young, but learning. I like them.
              Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: They are useful. I am more positive than negative towards them.
              Samantha/Jolinar: I like them.

7. If the tunnels were being attacked by the Goa'uld and you needed to evacuate NOW - what/who would you save first?

Malek: My picture of Egeria and my biochemistry research
              Aldwin: Whatever the council tells me to.
              Garshaw: Any information vital to the Tok'ra cause.
              Thoran: Whatever is most important to the Tok'ra cause.
              Zarin: My undercover costumes
              Kanan: My attractive lo'tar
              Jacob/Selmak: Any sensitive information that the Goa'uld should not get
              Anise/Freya: My research
              Korra: Whatever is most important to the Tok'ra
              Delek: Information vital to the Tok'ra cause
              Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Whatever is most important to the Tok'ra.
              Martouf/Lantash: Samantha, if she is there, otherwise, whatever is most important to the Tok'ra.
              Egeria: Whatever is most important to the Tok'ra.
              Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: My expensive Goa'uld robes.
              Samantha/Jolinar: My research.
              sigpic

Comment

Part 2:

Spoiler:

8. If you could take some time off from fighting the Goa'uld, were would you go and what would you do?

Omitted/humourous

Malek: Killing Jaffa
                Aldwin: Forcing my symbiote to talk to strangers
                Garshaw: Dreaming about that handsome human, O'Neill
                Thoran: I don't want time off - the Tok'ra cause is my life!
                Zarin: I relax as an undercover Goa'uld
                Kanan: Rescuing attractive lo'tars
                Jacob/Selmak: The Tauri, for one of their nice island vacations
                Anise/Freya: Pursuing interesting men
                Korra: Practicing my Goa'uld imitation for my next mission
                Delek: I do not take time off - my work is far too important
                Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Wander along the beach of a beautiful ocean.
                Martouf/Lantash: Visit the Tau'ri and spend time with Samantha.
                Egeria: Fighting the Goa'uld is my life - I can not just take a vacation from it.
                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: I relax when I am undercover as a Goa'uld. That is enough.
                Samantha/Jolinar: Spend more time on my research.

9. What are you looking for in a mate?

Malek: someone who likes strong, silent men
                Aldwin: a woman who can understand that the Tok'ra will always come first
                Garshaw: a man who is willing to be a host to any Tok'ra symbiotes in need, and who understands and supports the Tok'ra cause
                Thoran: someone who shares my dedication to the Tok'ra cause
                Zarin: someone who does not mind being my slave from time to time, when I need to practice for my missions
                Kanan: that they are former Goa'uld lo'tars
                Jacob/Selmak: Who says I'm looking for one?
                Anise/Freya: an attractive military type, but with a scientific mind - and an interest in archaeology
                Korra: Someone that understands that the Tok'ra will always be what is most important for me
                Delek: She should understand that my work is important and that the Tok'ra symbiotes are more important than human hosts
                Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: A passionate symbiote in a friendly host. They should be loyal for as long as I am alive.
                Martouf/Lantash: Blue eyes and blond hair. Intelligence. Smiling/friendly.
                Egeria: Loyalty to the Tok'ra cause.
                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: An understanding woman who dosn't mind that I fulfill my...duties, while I am pretending to be a Goa'uld.
                Samantha/Jolinar: Survival instinct...I already have a mate.

10. Assume that you are on a mission with the Tau'ri. You are all standing in a dark room, when you hear a strange noise, what do you do?

Malek: It is dark, so I can't see what is happening. It is safer to hide somewhere and hope it goes away.
                Aldwin: Offer any knowledge I might have on what it could be.
                Garshaw: Inform whatever is out there that I am not a Goa'uld.
                Thoran: Depends. Is it a threat to the Tok'ra? Can it be eliminated without risk to the Tok'ra?
                Zarin: I am accostumed to danger from my missions. I will investigate.
                Kanan: Investigate. If it turns out to be dangerous I will flee and let the Tau'ri handle it.
                Jacob/Selmak: Sigh, assuming that one of the Tauri (probably O'Neill) has been careless.
                Anise/Freya: Pull out the infrared goggles I swiped from Jack earlier and put them on. I can now see what is going on and better determine rationally what to do
                Korra: Investigate carefully. If I am captured I will swallow poison to avoid giving away information about the others.
                Delek: Allow the Tau'ri to investigate. Their foolhardy behaviour has already cost the Tok'ra far too dearly, and I will not be their next casualty.
                Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Attack it head-on or seduce it, depending on what it is.
                Martouf/Lantash: Push Jack O'Neill forward and let him deal with it. He seems to survive anything.
                Egeria: My responsibility to the Tok'ra means that I can't risk investigating. Someone else will have to do it. What am I doing on a dangerous mission anyway?
                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: I will assign one of my minions to check it out.
                Samantha/Jolinar: We will go and investigate.

11. You are on a mission with SG-1 and in order to get away safely, a technical problem needs to be solved...Samantha Carter is looking to you for scientific insights. What is your answer?

Malek: If it has to do with biochemistry, we are your men!
                Aldwin: I will tell her all I know - which isn't very much.
                Garshaw: Tau'ri technology is too primitive for you to be able to understand the solution.
                Thoran: Science is not really my area, but I will attempt to answer.
                Zarin: I am an undercover agent, not a scientist
                Kanan: Huh? Science?
                Jacob/Selmak: Samantha Carter needs my help? Things have really gone sour!
                Anise/Freya: If it has to do with biochemistry or archeaology, then I can most likely help
                Korra: I will tell her all I know - which isn't very much.
                Delek: Tau'ri technology is too primitive for you to be able to understand the solution, even if I knew it (which I don't, but I'm not going to tell you that).
                Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Give her any information I might have and hope she figures it out on her own.
                Martouf/Lantash: Tok'ra are well educated. I will suggest something that helps solve the problem.
                Egeria: I will help her any way I can.
                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: Do I look like a scientist to you?
                Samantha/Jolinar: I AM Samantha Carter - but aside from that, I will think of something to solve the problem.

(Martouf/Lantash has actually given indication of having some scientific/technical knowledge, both in "Serpent's Song" where they suggest Sokar attacks with subatomic particles which would be able to
                materialize despite the iris, and in "Jolinar's memories"/"The Devil You Know" where they suggest that the ring transporter can be intercepted.)

12. Would you rather follow orders or make them?

Malek: Make orders, obviously. I am a base commander.
                Aldwin: I like to follow orders.
                Garshaw: Make orders, I am a grand councillor.
                Thoran: Make orders.
                Zarin: Make orders. I am used to being in command and needs to practice always.
                Kanan: Make orders.
                Jacob/Selmak: I can command, but it's not a huge deal if I have to follow.
                Anise/Freya: Give orders
                Korra: I can both follow orders and give orders. It depends on the situation.
                Delek: Give orders, of course.
                Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Give orders.
                Martouf/Lantash: I am most accostumed to follow orders, but I can give orders if necessary.
                Egeria: Give orders.
                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: Give orders.
                Samantha/Jolinar: Depends on the situation. I can both give orders and follow them.

(Maybe we shouldn't list their titles - base commander/grand councillor, and just answer yes or no)

13. You meet someone who repeatedly called you a snakehead a year ago and never apologized. How do you react to them now?

Malek: Treat them with hostility, but eventually make peace with them
                Aldwin: Ignore the insult
                Garshaw: Ignore the insult
                Thoran: Treat them with hostility.
                Zarin: Ignore the insult.
                Kanan: Ignore the insult.
                Jacob/Selmak: If I have some reason to keep on good terms, I'll tolerate them, but won't hesitate to give them some of my biting wit.
                Anise/Freya: The host would try to straighten out any problems that exists - hopefully we can get along
                Korra: Ignore the insult
                Delek: Tell the ignorant fool that symbiotes are not snakes and that I don't care what primitive Tau'ri think anyway
                Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: I grab him by the throat and bring him to his knees. Then, if he apologizes nicely I _may_ let him live.
                Martouf/Lantash: The host would ignore it, but the symbiote would only tolerate something like that for a while.
                Egeria: I will ignore it and try to change his/her opinion of the Tok'ra.
                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: I will not tolerate such insolence.
                Samantha/Jolinar: I grab him by the throat and bring him to his knees. Then, if he apologizes nicely I _may_ let him live - if I'm in a good mood.

14. If you were in a situation where you desperately needed a host (you have important information for the Tok'ra), and no willing host was immediately available, but a potential host is close enough for you to grab. What would you do?

Malek: If the cause was sufficient, then I would do it...for the Tok'ra, of course.
                Aldwin: My symbiote would never do that - he is much to timid - as am I...
                Garshaw: Goa'uld take hosts. Tok'ra do not. Ours wish to be so.
                Thoran: I would do it for the Tok'ra cause.
                Zarin: Perhaps, if it was important.
                Kanan: Take the potential host.
                Jacob/Selmak: I've lived a good life in service to the Tok'ra, and don't see any reason to break our highest law.
                Anise/Freya: If the cause was sufficient, then I would do it...for the Tok'ra, of course. I would of course leave again if the host wanted it, as soon as a new one could be found.
                Korra: I would never take an unvilling host - I would rather give my life
                Delek: Take the host, of course. The Tok'ra cause is important enough for such small sacrifices
                Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: I would take the host and leave him/her later if he/she didn't want to continue being my host.
                Martouf/Lantash: I would never force a human to become a host. It goes against all that we believe in.
                Egeria: Taking an unwilling host goes against all that we believe in - still, my responsibilities to the Tok'ra cause is great, and there might be circumstances where I would have to temporarily take a host that way.
                Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: If my information is very important, then I would take the host.
                Samantha/Jolinar: I would take the host and leave him/her later if he/she didn't want to continue being my host.
                sigpic

Comment

Part 3:

Spoiler:

15. What would you consider to be perfect entertainment?

Omitted/humourous

Malek: Killing Jaffa
                  Aldwin: what is entertainment? Don't hurt me!
                  Garshaw: males performing with little or no clothing
                  Thoran: Arguing with unreasonable Tau'ri.
                  Zarin: Interrogating Jaffa.
                  Kanan: Seducing cute female lo'tars.
                  Jacob/Selmak: I go on too many missions to want anything other than rest when I have free time.
                  Anise/Freya: hunting men
                  Korra: keep poisonous snakes and frogs as pets, to study their poisons
                  Delek: I am not interested in entertainment
                  Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Relaxing on the beach.
                  Martouf/Lantash: Listening to Samantha.
                  Egeria: Thinking about the hilarious clothing style of the Goa'uld
                  Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: Peasant girls.
                  Samantha/Jolinar: Astrophysics.

16. How would you like to spend a date with a potential mate?

Omitted/humourous

Malek: Watching Jaffa get killed (OK, this is starting to escalate for me )
                  Aldwin: Anywhere, as long as it is somewhere safe
                  Garshaw: Dinner at an expensive restaurant.
                  Thoran: If it is a Tau'ri - convince her to join the Tok'ra cause.
                  Zarin: Watching my slaves perform for us, while we dine on the best the planet has to offer - if I am currently undercover as a Goa'uld, of course. Otherwise we would probably share a bowl of oatmeal in the mess hall.
                  Kanan: Telling my beautiful lo'tar how wonderful she is.
                  Jacob/Selmak: Stargazing.
                  Anise/Freya: Ravish him
                  Korra: dinner at a nice restaurant would be fine
                  Delek: Going somewhere expensive
                  Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: A romantic walk in the desert.
                  Martouf/Lantash: A walk in the desert or a romantic dinner.
                  Egeria: Discussing plans for our future - and convincing him he wants to have LOTS of children.
                  Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: If I am on a mission, then my slaves will entertain us and serve us a lavish dinner. If I am home in the tunnels, we would most likely eat in the mess hall.
                  Samantha/Jolinar: Walking in the desert sounds nice. Or perhaps going somewhere quiet for a dinner and a dance.

17. How do you look on relationship commitment?

(I sort of think of Tok'ra as the life-long commitment kind, because of the approx. 100 years Lantash has been with Rosha/Jolinar. Also, we have 4 beings in love, each host/symbiote pair feeling the same 'internally', so I guess they would sort of reinforce each other - the feelings also seems to be rather lasting, given that Sam felt Jolinar's feelings just as if they were her own)

Malek: Tok'ra are loyal for life
                  Aldwin: Tok'ra are loyal for life
                  Garshaw: Tok'ra are loyal for life
                  Thoran: Tok'ra are loyal for life
                  Zarin: Tok'ra are loyal for life
                  Kanan: I would risk the life of my host to be with her.
                  Jacob/Selmak: I'd be loyal for life in heart, but would understand if a potential mate couldn't take the constant separation that would come with my occupation.
                  Anise/Freya: If we are not just talking about physical attraction, then Tok'ra are loyal for life
                  Korra: Tok'ra are loyal for life
                  Delek: Tok'ra are loyal for life
                  Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: Tok'ra are loyal for life - what we have to do on missions do not count.
                  Martouf/Lantash: Tok'ra are loyal for life.
                  Egeria: Tok'ra are loyal for life.
                  Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: Tok'ra are loyal for life - those peasant girls are part of the job and thus doesn't count.
                  Samantha/Jolinar: Tok'ra are loyal for life.

18. You have been a loyal Tok'ra up until now. A Goa'uld system lord shows up and offers you a small planet, thousands of slaves, and rich naquadah mines if you will just betray the Tok'ra. What is your answer?

Malek: Tok'ra are loyal for life - how DARE you suggest I betray them!
                  Aldwin: I would never do anything against the council's wishes
                  Garshaw: We are NOT Goa'uld...Tok'ra are loyal for life. Die, Goa'uld scum!
                  Thoran: I would NEVER betray the Tok'ra!
                  Zarin: I already have all that when I am pretending to be a Goa'uld, so the question is academic.
                  Kanan: I would not betray the Tok'ra.
                  Jacob/Selmak: I'd tell him that he's a fool to think the Tok'ra are so easily bought after I'd got over my amusement.
                  Anise/Freya: We would never betray the Tok'ra
                  Korra: We would rather die than betray the Tok'ra
                  Delek: Depends. How rich are those naquadah mines?
                  Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: I would never betray the Tok'ra.
                  Martouf/Lantash: I would never betray the Tok'ra.
                  Egeria: I would NEVER betray the Tok'ra.
                  Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: I would never betray the Tok'ra.
                  Samantha/Jolinar: I would never betray the Tok'ra.

19. What do you think about the Tau'ri alliance?

(somewhat the same question as the "6. How do you feel about the Tau'ri?" maybe they should be combined)

Malek: It is dangerous for us - too many Tok'ra are killed because of it.
                  Aldwin: I will follow the council's wishes, of course, but I think we should help the Tau'ri, if possible
                  Garshaw: The Tau'ri are primitive and their technology is inferior, but they do have hosts - they helped Selmak, and they helped us discover a spy in our midst, so they are somewhat useful.
                  Thoran: The interests of the Tok'ra are my highest priority, even it means ignoring the Tok'ra-Tau'ri treaty.
                  Zarin: I will honor the treaty if at all possible.
                  Kanan: I have nothing against it, but no special love for it either.
                  Jacob/Selmak: It's a good idea, but very difficult to maintain.
                  Anise/Freya: They are useful to have as guinea pigs. I am in favor of the alliance
                  Korra: I am in favor of it.
                  Delek: It is dangerous for the Tok'ra. I am against the alliance.
                  Martouf/Lantash: I am very much for it, and would work hard for it.
                  Egeria: I am mostly for it, as long as it is good for the Tok'ra.
                  Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: I am more positive than negative about it.

20. What do you think about the Jaffa alliance?

Malek: Jaffa can not be trusted, except for a few. The alliance is probably not a good idea.
                  Aldwin: As long as we are allied to the Jaffa, I will assist them - I know Teal'c, and I would help him if possible.
                  Garshaw: I am suspicious of the Jaffa, though a few, like Teal'c, can be trusted.
                  Thoran: Jaffa can not be trusted.
                  Zarin: I will help them if possible. I will honor the alliance.
                  Kanan: I don't have any opinion for or against it.
                  Jacob/Selmak: It's a good idea, but very difficult to maintain.
                  Anise/Freya: I have no opinion.
                  Korra: I am in favor. The Jaffa can be very honorable and willing to sacrifice themselves.
                  Delek: I am very suspicious of the Jaffa. That alliance is even worse than the one with the Tau'ri and we should end it immediately.
                  Martouf/Lantash: I am mostly positive about it.
                  Egeria: I am somewhat suspicious about the Jaffa, but I think it might be a good idea.
                  Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: I have no strong feelings for or against it.

21. In what situations would your host or your symbiote be most likely to do all the talking?

Malek: I, the symbiote, always do the talking
                  Aldwin: I am the host, and I am always the one talking
                  Garshaw: Usually the symbiote talks, but the host will sometimes talk, to offer a more friendly viewpoint to the Tau'ri, or to explain something to them.
                  Thoran: I, the symbiote, always do the talking.
                  Zarin: I, the symbiote, usually do the talking.
                  Kanan: I surpress the host totally, so it is always the symbiote that does the talking.
                  Jacob/Selmak: The host does the talking on the Tauri, but my symbiote is most likely to speak among Tok'ra and on missions
                  Anise/Freya: The symbiote is usually the one talking when we give the Tau'ri information, but the host will assume control from time to time to make sure they don't get the wrong impression
                  Korra: The host, mostly, but the symbiote talks on missions and such.
                  Delek: I am in control in all matters important to the Tok'ra and when we deal with the Tau'ri, and on missions.
                  Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha: When we are on missions and pretend to be a Goa'uld, the symbiote does all the talking. With our mate we are equally likely to speak. In dealings with humans the host may be more likely to talk.
                  Martouf/Lantash: The symbiote would do all the talking when we pretend to be Goa'uld. When dealing with humans the host is mostly the one talking, though the symbiote also talks sometimes.
                  Egeria: When pretending to be Goa'uld the symbiote would be the one talking. In dealings important to the Tok'ra, the symbiote would often be, though the host would also sometimes be.
                  Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek: When pretending to be Goa'uld the symbiote would be the one talking.
                  Samantha/Jolinar: When pretending to be a Goa'uld the symbiote would be the one talking. Otherwise it would vary.

-Skadi
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Skadi.

We're more than halfway through! - of course, many of the answers probably need tweaking, and maybe some of the questions should be taken out. Though, in a way, I don't mind that there are some humourous answers in there also - it makes the quiz more entertaining, I think. What do the rest of you say?

We also need to write the results for each Tok'ra. I will start writing mine, and get them posted here. It will probably not be until tomorrow, as it is getting late.

What about pics? I do have some of Malek and one of Aldwin, but I'm not sure if they are very good. We want each Tok'ra to look their best! I don't have any pics of Garshaw. Do anyone else have good pics of those three?
                    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

I have written some suggestions here for what results you might get if your answers sum up to Anise/Freya, Korra, or Delek.

You are Anise/Freya. You are a skilled scientist and historian. You have had a number of dealings with the Tau'ri, which have met with mixed success. Your symbiote feels the Tau'ri are somewhat primitive, and she has limited patience with them. The host will often try to mitigate what the symbiote has said, but she is from a culture which is more open-minded when it comes to intimacy than what SG-1 is used to, which also gives rise to some problems.
                      Anise/Freya are very loyal to the Tok'ra, and feels that the end sometimes justifies the means.
                      Host and symbiote have a harmonic relationship, and while they do not always agree on things like which men are attractive, they do both share the deeper feelings, just as the other Tok'ra do.

----

You are Korra. You often do undercover work, posing as a Goa'uld. Your opinion of the Tau'ri is generally positive, as your dealings with them have ended with success. You are very dedicated and loyal to the Tok'ra cause, and would rather commit suicide than risk the lives of other Tok'ra, because of information that was gained from you. Just as with other Tok'ra, host and symbiote have a harmonic relationship and consider themselves as equals.

----

You are Delek. You are a leader among the Tok'ra resistance movement, and you have had limited dealings with the Tau'ri. Your first and foremost priority is the Tok'ra, and you are very concerned about the alliance with the Tau'ri and the Jaffa, wishing to end it. This is both because you feel it is too dangerous for the Tok'ra, as the alliance has cost them many lives, and also because you feel the Tau'ri have a bad influence on the Tok'ra. Because of this, you question the wisdom of using Tau'ri host, believing them to be too strong willed and perhaps corrupting the symbiote with their opinions.
                      Your view of the human hosts you all use are lower than what is normal for Tok'ra, and more similar to what a Goa'uld might think, believing that the host should not influence the symbiote.

----

Please give me feedback!

I don't have any pics of these guys - do anyone else have some good ones?

-Snotr
                      sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                      (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                      Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Sorry, Snotr, I have no pics of those three - just managed to get hold of some of my pics today and get them uploaded to photobucket (my computer still doesn't work well). Don't have any for these dudes either: Thoran, Zarin, and Kanan. Here are my suggested results:

You are Thoran. You are a fiercely loyal member of the Tok'ra resistance movement. You have had a few, tense dealings with Earth. You are very protective of your people, and the interests of the Tok'ra are your first priority, even if it means ignoring the Tok'ra-Tau'ri treaty. You will not freely give any information, even to your allies, if you feel it may potentially endanger the Tok'ra. Your symbiote is usually in control in any dealings outside the Tok'ra.

You are Zarin. You are a Tok'ra operative who often poses as a Goa'uld. You will help your Tau'ri and Jaffa allies if it is at all possible without compromising your position. You are a loyal Tok'ra, working to further the Tok'ra cause. As you often work undercover as a Goa'uld, the symbiote will often be the one in control, though host/symbiote have a harmonic, fully symbiotic relationship, as is normal for Tok'ra.

You are Kanan. You are a loyal Tok'ra, often working infiltration, posing as a Goa'uld. You have not had many dealings with the Tau'ri, and the one you had ended catastrophically. You are easily influenced by your host, and has come to believe that no one should be left behind. Your intentions are good, though your courage isn't as strong as usual for Tok'ra. You will risk everything for those you love.

Please give me suggestions and comments!
                        sigpic
                        button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

You are Selmak. You have a unique relationship with the Tauri, having had your current host once live among them as the father of Samantha Carter. Considered the "oldest and wisest" of the Tok'ra, you share most of your host's views and have a generally tolerant outlook. You are extremely loyal to the Tok'ra cause, but occasionally do thing against the will of the Council. Both you and your host share a good sense of humor, leadership abilities, and you work towards the good of all. You both wish for the Tok'ra to be open to alliances with the Tauri and the Jaffa, but are often the lone man out. Jacob often speaks among the Tauri, and Selmak among the Tok'ra, but the sharing is more balanced than most Tok'ra.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                          ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Starting to write these summaries. Here are first for Jolinar/Rosha and Martouf/Lantash:

You are Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha. You were a very important and influential member of the Tok'ra resistance movement. You may once have been a System Lord, and as such, threw your armies into a fight against one of the System Lords, a fight which you very nearly won. As a Tok'ra, you often work undercover as a Goa'uld. This has from time to time put you in extremely unpleasant and dangerous situations, some of which you were only able to escape through great cunning. Your host is the beautiful Rosha, with eyes the color of the waters of Marloon and hair the sand of Abydos. You are loyal for life, and for almost a century you have been mates with fellow Tok'ra Lantash, whom you both love deeply. While you are a loyal Tok'ra, there are situation were you would break their law and temporary take a host against his/her will, if the situation is desperate enough. You are heroic and would give your life for the Tok'ra cause or to save your host.

You are Martouf/Lantash. You are an important Tok'ra who has had many dealings with the Tau'ri, most of them successful. You are sympathetic to the Tau'ri, and generally kind and likable. You are willing to risk your own life to save others or for information important to the Tok'ra. You have some scientific knowledge, which you have used to assist the Tau'ri from time to time. The symbiote, Lantash, is very passionate and sometimes cannot control his anger when the Tau'ri does something seemingly inexplicable and stupid which will put them in danger. The host, Martouf, is usually more controlled and often tries to mitigate the effect of what Lantash has said. Because Martouf is more calm than Lantash, he is more often the one who has control and people tend to address you as Martouf. You have a truly symbiotic relationship and complement each other very well in many ways. As is typical for the Tok'ra, you both feel the same, and love as one. Lantash was the mate of Jolinar for nearly a century. After Jolinar died, you took an interest in her last host, Samantha Carter. This interest later developed and you have came to love her as much as you loved Jolinar.

-Skadi
                            Last edited by Skadi; 30 March 2008, 02:06 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Here follows the results for Egeria, Khonsu, and Sam/Jolinar (as I guessed they would be had Sam stayed host):

You are Egeria. You are the founder of the Tok'ra and literally spawned them. You were originally a Goa'uld queen and presumably System Lord, who despite your genetic memory was able to realize the error of the Goa'uld ways. Over 2000 years ago, you decided to fight the Goa'uld and free their slaves, hoping to eventually put an end to the sufferings caused by the Goa'uld. You created a new race, the Tok'ra, which were dedicated to this fight. Despite having been born a Goa'uld, you believe in equal sharing of the body with the host and in only taking willing hosts. You are kind and gentle and do not hold a grudge against people who have caused you suffering. You
                              are proud of your offspring and what they have accomplished.

You are Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek. You often work undercover, posing as a minor Goa'uld System Lord. You are a loyal Tok'ra who will help your Tau'ri and Jaffa allies as much as possible without compromising your situation. As other Tok'ra, you believe in the equal sharing of the body with the host, though the symbiote is naturally more often in control during the long undercover operations. You are perhaps not the most observant of the Tok'ra.

You are Samantha/Jolinar. You are an important and influential member of the Tok'ra resistance movement. The symbiote may once have been a System Lord, and as such, threw her armies into a fight against one of the System Lords, a fight which she very nearly won. As a Tok'ra, you often go on missions with the Tau'ri, and sometime work undercover as a Goa'uld. You are a loyal Tok'ra who is very much in favour of the alliance with the Tau'ri, mostly because your host is of the Tau'ri. You are both a formidable warrior and a brilliant scientist. You are heroic and would give your life for the Tok'ra cause, or for your friends and loved ones. Despite this being against all the Tok'ra believe in, your blending started out as a forced one. As host and symbiote got to know each other, you became very good friends and now has the truly symbiotic relationship the Tok'ra normally have. You are the mates of fellow Tok'ra Martouf/Lantash.

-Skadi
                              sigpic

Comment

Regarding pictures. I have some of Delek, Anise/Freya, Martouf/Lantash, Rosha/Jolinar, Sam/Jolinar, and Egeria (either without host or in Kelmaa's host). I also have one of Kanan without host, but it's not a very good one. I have the episode on DVD, so I can maybe make a better screencap. I can probably also find pictures of Khonsu, Korra, Zarin, and Thoran. MerryK, do you have pictures of Jacob/Selmak or do you want me to look through mine?

That reminds me - what sort of pictures do we want? Full-figure of just head? How big pictures?

-Skadi
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X