X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Anise/Freya as well - so there are some people who like her
    sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
    (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
    Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSelmak View Post
      I've heard Anise/Freya called 'Tok'ra spice' - but I'm not sure if it's meant affectionally or not. I do like her, though, but she is not my favourite char.
      That's actually - sort of - fun...Anise is a type of spice also, I think
      sigpic
      Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMushroom View Post
        That's actually - sort of - fun...Anise is a type of spice also, I think
        Yes, it is...it tastes like black licorice.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
        ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I was thinking...how do you think various SG-1 members would be as Tok'ra host, if they

1) volunteered (own need/symbiotes need/both)
          2) unwilling (like Jolinar, perhaps - mistake/error/desperation)

How would Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c (is that even possible?), Vala, Mitchell, react?

Would they chose to stay a host? If they had been host for relatively long? If the symbiote could not get a new host/would die if it left them? Would they live with the Tok'ra or be a liason to Earth? Under what circumstances would they stay a host/volunteer to become a host?

What do people think?

My thoughts:

Jack: Very, very unlikely. I'm guessing he would have to become a host by some accident or force - or to save Earth. If they were together for a long time and the symbiote proved himself lots of times - then maybe Jack would stay a host? I don't think he would go live with the Tok'ra. Can anyone think of a situation where he might?

Sam: I still think that if Jolinar had lived, she would have ended up staying her host - at least if a relatively long period of time passed before another host could be found - like several months. I think she might volunteer to become a host again, to save the life of a symbiote, or herself, or Earth - at least when some more time had passed after her being host to Jolinar and she had come to terms with what had happened. Sam would not have a symbiote die to leave her, I think.

Daniel: Unsure, because of what happened to Sha're, but I think he could do it in the right situation. It might even help him to truly think of the Goa'uld and the Tok'ra as different, not just think it in an intellectual way.

Teal'c: At least in the beginning he has a lot of repect for the Tok'ra, and I could well imagine him becoming a host to save a symbiote. I am not sure if Jaffa can be hosts, but I think they can - Teal'c says in '1969' that his primta will take him as host if none else is available. And then there is Imhotep who took his first prime as host. Perhaps it is just that there can only be one symbiote in the body at the time? Wherever it is located? I don't know if the tretonin makes them unusable as hosts?

Vala: Not sure she could stand being a host again, even to a Tok'ra, after being host to a Goa'uld (Qetesh). The Tok'ra did free her, but she seemed to be a bit angry at them anyway.

Mitchell: Actually he has the least emotional baggage when it comes to both Tok'ra and Goa'uld, so whatever prejudices he has against them is only from what he has heard from others. I think he might become a host and perhaps even stay one.
          sigpic
          Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
            I was thinking...how do you think various SG-1 members would be as Tok'ra host, if they

1) volunteered (own need/symbiotes need/both)
            2) unwilling (like Jolinar, perhaps - mistake/error/desperation)

How would Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c (is that even possible?), Vala, Mitchell, react?
            I pretty much agree with your analysis. Though I think Daniel is more likely than Sam to become a Tok'ra by choice, though I think both would be likely to stay a host if it ever had to happen. But definitely, Mitchell and Teal'c seem most open to the idea. I'm not sure where to tag Vala...she's independent and has some bitter baggage, but I could see her tolerating it if it was a Jolinar-type situation. As long as the symbiote had a sense of humor/fun. Though probably not for long—like Jack, I think the idea just wigs her out.

Chapter 23 of Compromised is up.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
              I pretty much agree with your analysis. Though I think Daniel is more likely than Sam to become a Tok'ra by choice, though I think both would be likely to stay a host if it ever had to happen. But definitely, Mitchell and Teal'c seem most open to the idea. I'm not sure where to tag Vala...she's independent and has some bitter baggage, but I could see her tolerating it if it was a Jolinar-type situation. As long as the symbiote had a sense of humor/fun. Though probably not for long—like Jack, I think the idea just wigs her out.

Chapter 23 of Compromised is up.
              Yes, I agree with both of you - Sam and Daniel would probably stay hosts if they ended up in the situation. Jack and Vala wouldn't any longer than was absolutely necessary. Yes - the symbiote would need a special sense of humour for getting along with both of those *grins*

Off to read...

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

I think it could have been interesting if Jack had stayed host to Kanan. Did he die when he left Jack? And why did he leave him? To avoid giving any information to Ba'al, I assume? Since the Tok'ra (as far as I know) will try to die instead of giving information, that is what Kanan chose to do. Since he had not shared information with Jack, he could allow his host to live, and hopefully eventually get away and survive.
                sigpic
                [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSelmak View Post
                  I think it could have been interesting if Jack had stayed host to Kanan. Did he die when he left Jack? And why did he leave him? To avoid giving any information to Ba'al, I assume? Since the Tok'ra (as far as I know) will try to die instead of giving information, that is what Kanan chose to do. Since he had not shared information with Jack, he could allow his host to live, and hopefully eventually get away and survive.
                  I have never really thought about it, but yes, I agree - I do think that is why Kanan left Jack - to avoid giving the Goa'uld any information about the Tok'ra. He either didn't have time to kill his host as well (I guess both usually choses to die) or the situation was unusual since Jack didn't have much information, and Kanan decided he should have a chance to live.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ah - my sig works! I snurched (is that what it is called?) the banners for todays door in a Stargate/Tok'ra Advent Calendar.
                    sigpic

Comment

Excellent, BlueMushroom!

Comment

how do you think the genetic memory works? does it just contian what they got at birth, or is it 'updated' with their own experienses? Meaning if they cloned Ageria the clone wouldnt have her insight and be Goa'uld? Or woud it be Tok'ra?
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Originally posted by RingThing View Post
                          how do you think the genetic memory works? does it just contian what they got at birth, or is it 'updated' with their own experienses? Meaning if they cloned Ageria the clone wouldnt have her insight and be Goa'uld? Or woud it be Tok'ra?
                          It would make most sense that it just contains what they got at birth (e.g. it's something the queen put's there - since Egeria was able to change it for the Tok'ra), and the symbiote then remembers their own experiences in the 'normal' way...but somehow I get the feeling the show mean the genetic memory to contain also what they experience?

Favorite love-dodecagon:

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
                            It would make most sense that it just contains what they got at birth (e.g. it's something the queen put's there - since Egeria was able to change it for the Tok'ra), and the symbiote then remembers their own experiences in the 'normal' way...but somehow I get the feeling the show mean the genetic memory to contain also what they experience?
                            I agree - which make me wonder. Would the human child of a Tok'ra-who-was-a-Goa'uld inherit 'evil' Goa'uld memories, instead of the 'good' Tok'ra memories inherited from someone born Tok'ra? What if the child had one born-Tok'ra parent and one former-Goa'uld parent? Would the good memories win?

Possibilities here for a story about a child by Martouf/Lantash and Rosha/Jolinar, since Lantash is born Tok'ra, while Jolinar is (usually) considered to be a former Goa'uld.
                            sigpic
                            Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                              I agree - which make me wonder. Would the human child of a Tok'ra-who-was-a-Goa'uld inherit 'evil' Goa'uld memories, instead of the 'good' Tok'ra memories inherited from someone born Tok'ra? What if the child had one born-Tok'ra parent and one former-Goa'uld parent? Would the good memories win?

Possibilities here for a story about a child by Martouf/Lantash and Rosha/Jolinar, since Lantash is born Tok'ra, while Jolinar is (usually) considered to be a former Goa'uld.
                              nice idea - me thinks the good memories would win, since the TOk'ra probly have the Goa'uld memories as well - so they just 'supersedes' the bad ones.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Besides, despite the evil memories they might have, I'm sure Martash and Josha would raise the little tike to be a good little Tok'ra ^^; (and hopefully not go too Goauld during those teenage rebellion years).

Skadi, your little symbiote merry christmas emot wins!

edit: I got all but 7 of the results added to the quiz... sooo close!
                                Last edited by nebulan; 16 December 2008, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X