Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by medusacascade View Post
    Um, add me in there, Skadi! Apart from the odd dawdle onto the Martouf/Sam thread I only 'ship Tok'ra in my story (so far, anyway) as I said, Sam/Jack are in there, byt they had been written as together in the story I'm following on from, so I didn't have a choice in the matter.

All the pairings that have been mentioned sound like fun!
    ah - I dont think I could cotniue from someone elses story - too much baggage! (if I could wriote that is...) - which story is it you continue?
    sigpic
    Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Managed to dig out some of the results for the various Tok'ra:

---- Results ----

You are Anise/Freya. You are a skilled scientist and historian. You have had a number of dealings with the Tau'ri, which have met with mixed success. Your symbiote feels the Tau'ri are somewhat primitive, and she has limited patience with them. The host will often try to mitigate what the symbiote has said, but she is from a culture which is more open-minded when it comes to intimacy than what SG-1 is used to, which also gives rise to some problems. Anise/Freya are very loyal to the Tok'ra, and feels that the end sometimes justifies the means. Host and symbiote have a harmonic relationship, and while they do not always agree on things like which men are attractive, they do both share the deeper feelings, just as the other Tok'ra do.

----

You are Korra. You often do undercover work, posing as a Goa'uld. Your opinion of the Tau'ri is generally positive, as your dealings with them have ended with success. You are very dedicated and loyal to the Tok'ra cause, and would rather commit suicide than risk the lives of other Tok'ra, because of information that was gained from you. Just as with other Tok'ra, host and symbiote have a harmonic relationship and consider themselves as equals.

----

You are Delek. You are a leader among the Tok'ra resistance movement, and you have had limited dealings with the Tau'ri. Your first and foremost priority is the Tok'ra, and you are very concerned about the alliance with the Tau'ri and the Jaffa, wishing to end it. This is both because you feel it is too dangerous for the Tok'ra, as the alliance has cost them many lives, and also because you
      feel the Tau'ri have a bad influence on the Tok'ra. Because of this, you question the wisdom of using Tau'ri host, believing them to be too strong willed and perhaps corrupting the symbiote with their opinions. Your view of the human hosts you all use are lower than what is normal for Tok'ra, and more similar to what a Goa'uld might think, believing that the host should not influence the symbiote.

----

You are Thoran. You are a fiercely loyal member of the Tok'ra resistance movement. You have had a few, tense dealings with Earth. You are very protective of your people, and the interests of the Tok'ra are your first priority, even if it means ignoring the Tok'ra-Tau'ri treaty. You will not
      freely give any information, even to your allies, if you feel it may potentially endanger the Tok'ra. Your symbiote is usually in control in any dealings outside the Tok'ra.

----

You are Zarin. You are a Tok'ra operative who often poses as a Goa'uld. You will help your Tau'ri and Jaffa allies if it is at all possible without compromising your position. You are a loyal Tok'ra, working to further the Tok'ra cause. As you often work undercover as a Goa'uld, the symbiote will
      often be the one in control, though host/symbiote have a harmonic, fully symbiotic relationship, as is normal for Tok'ra.

----

You are Kanan. You are a loyal Tok'ra, often working infiltration, posing as a Goa'uld. You have not had many dealings with the Tau'ri, and the one you had ended catastrophically. You are easily influenced by your host, and has come to believe that no one should be left behind. Your intentions are good, though your courage isn't as strong as usual for Tok'ra. You will risk everything for those you love.

----

You are Selmak. You have a unique relationship with the Tauri, having had your current host once live among them as the father of Samantha Carter. Considered the "oldest and wisest" of the Tok'ra, you share most of your host's views and have a generally tolerant outlook. You are extremely loyal to the Tok'ra cause, but occasionally do thing against the will of the Council. Both you and your host share a good sense of humor, leadership abilities, and you work towards the good of all. You both wish for the Tok'ra to be open to alliances with the Tauri and the Jaffa, but are often the lone man out. Jacob often speaks among the Tauri, and Selmak among the Tok'ra, but the sharing is more balanced than most Tok'ra.

----

You are Jolinar of Malkshur/Rosha. You were a very important and influential member of the Tok'ra resistance movement. You may once have been a System Lord, and as such, threw your armies into a fight against one of the System Lords, a fight which you very nearly won. As a Tok'ra, you often work undercover as a Goa'uld. This has from time to time put you in extremely unpleasant and dangerous situations, some of which you were only able to escape through great cunning. Your host is the beautiful Rosha, with eyes the color of the waters of Marloon and hair the sand of Abydos. You are loyal for life, and for almost a century you have been mates with fellow Tok'ra Lantash, whom you both love deeply. While you are a loyal Tok'ra, there are situation were you would break their law and temporary take a host against his/her will, if the situation is desperate enough. You are heroic and would give your life for the Tok'ra cause or to save your host.

----

You are Martouf/Lantash. You are an important Tok'ra who has had many dealings with the Tau'ri, most of them successful. You are sympathetic to the Tau'ri, and generally kind and likable. You are willing to risk your own life to save others or for information important to the Tok'ra. You have some scientific knowledge, which you have used to assist the Tau'ri from time to time. The symbiote, Lantash, is very passionate and sometimes cannot control his anger when the Tau'ri does something seemingly inexplicable and stupid which will put them in danger. The host, Martouf, is usually more controlled and often tries to mitigate the effect of what Lantash has said. Because Martouf is more calm than Lantash, he is more often the one who has control and people tend to address you as Martouf. You have a truly symbiotic relationship and complement
      each other very well in many ways. As is typical for the Tok'ra, you both feel the same, and love as one. Lantash was the mate of Jolinar for nearly a century. After Jolinar died, you took an interest in her last host, Samantha Carter. This interest later developed and you have came to love her as much as you loved Jolinar.

----

You are Egeria. You are the founder of the Tok'ra and literally spawned them. You were originally a Goa'uld queen and presumably System Lord, who despite your genetic memory was able to realize the error of the Goa'uld ways. Over 2000 years ago, you decided to fight the Goa'uld and free their slaves, hoping to eventually put an end to the sufferings caused by the Goa'uld. You created a new race, the Tok'ra, which were dedicated to this fight. Despite having been born a Goa'uld, you believe in equal sharing of the body with the host and in only taking willing hosts. You are kind and gentle and do not hold a grudge against people who have caused you suffering. You are proud of your offspring and what they have accomplished.

----

You are Lord Khonsu of Amon Shek. You often work undercover, posing as a minor Goa'uld System Lord. You are a loyal Tok'ra who will help your Tau'ri and Jaffa allies as much as possible without compromising your situation. As other Tok'ra, you believe in the equal sharing of the body with the host, though the symbiote is naturally more often in control during the long undercover
      operations. You are perhaps not the most observant of the Tok'ra.

----

You are Samantha/Jolinar. You are an important and influential member of the Tok'ra resistance movement. The symbiote may once have been a System Lord, and as such, threw her armies into a fight against one of the System Lords, a fight which she very nearly won. As a Tok'ra, you often go on missions with the Tau'ri, and sometime work undercover as a Goa'uld. You are a loyal Tok'ra who is very much in favour of the alliance with the Tau'ri, mostly because your host is of the Tau'ri. You are both a formidable warrior and a brilliant scientist. You are heroic and would give your life for the Tok'ra cause, or for your friends and loved ones. Despite this being against all the Tok'ra believe in, your blending started out as a forced one. As host and symbiote got to know each other, you became very good friends and now has the truly symbiotic relationship the Tok'ra normally have. You are the mates of fellow Tok'ra Martouf/Lantash.

----

You are Malek. You are an important Tok'ra who has had several dealings with the Tau'ri. You are a base commander, and as such one of the more influential members of the resistance. You are quite a determined and strong-willed Tok'ra, and does not have a great deal of patience with the Jaffa. You are willing to admit your errors and apologize, even to the Jaffa, something which is
      impressive given the past history of Jaffa and Tok'ra. You are a very loyal Tok'ra, completely devoted to the cause, and worried about the future of your people. You have some biochemical knowledge and are willing to help even people who has caused your kind great sufferings.

----

You are Aldwin. Aldwin is a member of the Tok'ra who has had several dealings with the SGC, generally successful. He is kind and mostly well liked. He is a very loyal Tok'ra and will follow orders and do what is best for the Tok'ra. However, he will, if at all possible, help his friends and allies, as long as it does not put the Tok'ra cause in danger. He has some technical skills and
      has been the one to help SGC on several occations. Aldwin's symbiote seems to be quite shy and we have only heard him speak once. We do not know his name.

----

You are Garshaw of Belote/Yosuuf. You are an important Tok'ra and a high ranking member of the Tok'ra High Council. You are known as the most hunted Goa'uld of all time (though you DON'T like being called a Goa'uld, feeling it is a great insult), but you have successfully managed to avoid getting captured. The Tok'ra cause is of greatest importance to you and you are extremely protective of the Tok'ra. You were originally hesitant to ally with the Tau'ri, mainly because you consider them primitive and because they seemed repulsed by what the Tok'ra are. You have, however since changed your opinion and are now in favour of an alliance.

----

You are Ocker. You are the chief of security of a Tok'ra base. You are good a surveillance and maybe somewhat suspicious. You don not always trust the Tau'ri, and you do NOT like the Jaffa. You have a temper and do not take well to orders from strangers or people you consider beneath you. You are very protective of the Tok'ra.
      Last edited by Skadi; 08 December 2008, 08:01 AM.
      sigpic
      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Jalnor - I got you video to run, though it won't run smoothly (likely due to my computer connection being real slow recently ). I think it looks good - too bad you couldn't find anyone to read the other characters lines.

I have tried to find something about how to audition for Stargate Universe, but it is not easy to find anything. All I found was this thread here on gateworld:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=59780
        sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

nebulan - do you have the Tok'ra pictures we chose for the quiz, or do you want me to see if I have them on my harddisk? I think I do...
          sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen those pics - could you repost them in either case?
            sigpic
            [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

YouTube version available, I know the WMV format isn't universally compatible.
              And thanks, Skadi... that's a bit of an eye-opener. I had a feeling I wouldn't be the only fan planning to get in, but now I know a couple of them LOL Time to get digging in the direction of agents, then, see what comes up. As well as everything else.

Comment

thanks for finding those solutions Skadi! I'll get working on adding those up. I know I wrote mine up once upon a time, but I can't find them now, so I've written some new ones.

Don't worry about the pictures for right now. I'm gonna work on cropping them and stuff. For those who wanted to see them, they start here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...36#post8965936

so I'm totally not 508 compliant, should I be? lol!

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                Ta'seem
                oh now I'm just being picky. would one of these be better for Taseem?

update: ok, finished malek, jalen, ocker and per'sus. can't do any more today... cuz I really shouldn't put off the dishes any longer *doh*
                Last edited by nebulan; 08 December 2008, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks Skadi

Gotta say I was surprised with my results. That was a good quiz guys.

JacobSelmak = 5
                  SamanthaJolinar = 3
                  Egeria = 2
                  Raleigh = 2
                  Sina = 2
                  Jalen = 2
                  MartoufLantash = 1
                  Ocker = 1
                  Taseem = 1
                  Korra = 1
                  Renal = 1
                  Kelmaa = 1
                  O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post

update: ok, finished malek, jalen, ocker and per'sus. can't do any more today... cuz I really shouldn't put off the dishes any longer *doh*
                    I like the last one for Taseem - he looks more alive in that one than in the others, where he basically looks a bit...dry...
                    sigpic
                    [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

Just one of your friendly neighborhood Tok'ra fic writers popping in to say...Chapter 22 is uploaded.

Over the winter break, I'll be working on retooling the first couple chapters to fit a little better with the rest of the story before I start posting it on Symbiotica.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                      ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Thanks for posting! I have really come to like this story. Running off to read

Oh, and thanks for writing Anise/Freya as a nicer person than most people do - I really appreciate it
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                          Just one of your friendly neighborhood Tok'ra fic writers popping in to say...Chapter 22 is uploaded.

Over the winter break, I'll be working on retooling the first couple chapters to fit a little better with the rest of the story before I start posting it on Symbiotica.
                          sounds good! looking forward to read - also the retooled chappies!
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMushroom View Post
                            Oh, and thanks for writing Anise/Freya as a nicer person than most people do - I really appreciate it
                            You're welcome! I'm a fan of her, I guess you could say...I do find her a bit annoying/frustrating, but I find it endearing and quirky.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I've heard Anise/Freya called 'Tok'ra spice' - but I'm not sure if it's meant affectionally or not. I do like her, though, but she is not my favourite char.
                              sigpic
                              [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSelmak View Post
                                I've heard Anise/Freya called 'Tok'ra spice' - but I'm not sure if it's meant affectionally or not. I do like her, though, but she is not my favourite char.
                                I'm guessing it's a little of both
                                sigpic
                                button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Working...
                                X