Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skadi
    That's understandable. I can't even watch some SG-1 eps where all they do is kill the Tok'Ra and SG-1 gets away and ends with a good day.

But there are episodes online; surfthechannel.com
    So there is no money wasted if you just want to take a gander.
    O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

There was a theory that Dr. Rush might be a Tok'ra agent sent to keep an eye on the Icarus project, but I think it's pretty much out the window now.

However... through the use of Ancient communication stones, they're hopping back to Earth fairly often, so there's every chance of symbiotey cameos later on ;-)

Also, I can name places where you can watch the episodes online right now... I believe some of them are even legal (you can download the HD versions on iTunes, for example)

Ooh, also, I hope you got some pics at the party! That would be an interesting picspam ;-)
      Last edited by Jalnor; 21 October 2009, 01:03 PM. Reason: Also, pics

Comment

Originally posted by Jalnor View Post
        There was a theory that Dr. Rush might be a Tok'ra agent sent to keep an eye on the Icarus project, but I think it's pretty much out the window now.

However... through the use of Ancient communication stones, they're hopping back to Earth fairly often, so there's every chance of symbiotey cameos later on ;-)

Also, I can name places where you can watch the episodes online right now... I believe some of them are even legal (you can download the HD versions on iTunes, for example)

Ooh, also, I hope you got some pics at the party! That would be an interesting picspam ;-)
        I hadn't heard the theory about Dr. Rush - too bad it wasn't true. That might have made the show better. I'm still watching - giving it some more episodes before I decide fully, but I can't say I like it yet

Can't you watch on Hulu? Or on Syfy's homepage?

I don't have a digital camera, but I snapped a few pics from the party with my cell phone. Some of the others did the same, so I'm thinking there may be pictures of me somewhere I'll ask around and see if any of my friends have something that I can post.
        sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
        (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
        Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Snotr - I haven't found any place where you can watch SGU (or other shows) online, legally, if you're outside the US. Usually there is a script that checks and tells you you are not allowed to view it because you're outside the US. Anyways, no problems. Like Skadi I am waiting to see if there are Tok'ra (or at least Goa'uld) in it before I am going to watch any of it.
          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

my thoughts for universe are simply: you're not missing much! I have not been impressed. it feels like a battlestar galactica rip-off and not very stargate. I liked stargate because it was fun! the only fun character so far is Eli I haven't seen the last episode, I might when I feel like it and get around to it. but if a tok'ra, goa'uld, wraith or someone interesting makes a cameo, let me know. otherwise, I'll just hunker down with my Sanctuary (now that's a show worth watching over and over!)

Comment

I do agree with you nebulan, SGU is very drawn out, each episode don't seem to get you anywhere. It's like their only focus is; they're the wrong people stuck in space.

But Sanctuary kicks ass! I've even been going back to watch Season1 just to get another dose of it.

But on the Tok'Ra subject. I think the only thing they could offer SGU is back at the SGC trying to help bring them home. At most it would be a very small cameo; like saying they're working on it. This planet may have something to help with the Ancient technology. But it's not like they can really take it any further since we no longer have SG-1 on air.
              O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Hello I am a newbie and I really love the Tok'ra and I have to say that my favorite would have to be Martouf/Lantash

Made by Nanjana

Comment

Thanks nebulan and Tiger - I won't worry about looking for Universe then. I was hoping maybe they would have a Tok'ra on the crew of the ship, or that perhaps someone important would turn out to be a Goa'uld (like several other people suggested would be fun) and that they couldn't remove the symbiote because he/she were the talented one would have been fun, though
                  sigpic
                  Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Rush Fan View Post
                    Hello I am a newbie and I really love the Tok'ra and I have to say that my favorite would have to be Martouf/Lantash
                    Hello Rush Fan - and welcome to the thread Everyone who likes the Tok'ra are very welcome here!

There is a thread for Martouf/Lantash, though it is more of a thunk thread. You can check it out here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=9833

He's my favourite Tok'ra as well!
                    sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                      Mm, I've been looking for a thread like this. I've always gotten strange looks when I've told friends that if the Stargate Program was real, the first thing I'd do would be to ask to be a Tok'ra host...I find the scenario both fascinating and appealing. Of course, it doesn't hurt that we get such wonderful characters as Martouf, Jolinar, Selmak, Garshaw, and even Anise (though annoying) isn't too bad—who wouldn't want to spend their extra-long life with such a companion? I can't remember the minor ones' names, but I just love this race to death.
                      Hello and I am in complete agreement with Merryk as well. I would love to be a Tok'ra for all the reason that Merryk has said above

Made by Nanjana

Comment

I would like to say that I am new to posting on gateworld but after noticing how much seems to be going on here I decided I would get a little involved. As I am posting here it is apparent that I like the Tok'ra. In fact I have liked a number of joined species in sci-fi ever since I saw the Trill on Deep Space 9.

My favorite Tok'ra is Jolinar but I also like Anise/Freya and Garshaw/Yosuuf. With that I was wondering if anyone knew of any fic in which Sam becomes host to Anise or in which Jenifer Hailey or Jenifer Keller become host?

As for the recent comments of SG:U, I like it. Of course I like survival stories and so was disappointed when the Atlantis team got back in contact with Earth after one season. With Atlantis and Universe I had/have the hope that they run out of bullets, their equipment fails, and uniforms fall apart from ware and tare. As such they would be required to wear ancients clothing, and use the gear and weapons stocked on Atlantis and Destiny respectively. It did not happen with Atlantis but I am still holding out hope for Universe. I guess I want little reality mixed in with my sci-fi.

Comment

Welcome Rush Fan and KJ_A - it's always great to see more people who like the Tok'ra

My favourite Tok'ra is Anise/Freya, but I am very fond of Jolinar as well - and Zarin Of the male Tok'ra I think Martouf/Lantash and Jacob/Selmak are the coolest.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

Welcome KJ_A and Rush Fan!!!! *waves*
                            sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

thank you for the welcomes and I have to say that my favorite Tok'ra would have to be Martouf/Lantash and Jacob/Selmak

Made by Nanjana

Comment

Originally posted by KJ_A View Post
                                I would like to say that I am new to posting on gateworld but after noticing how much seems to be going on here I decided I would get a little involved. As I am posting here it is apparent that I like the Tok'ra. In fact I have liked a number of joined species in sci-fi ever since I saw the Trill on Deep Space 9.

My favorite Tok'ra is Jolinar but I also like Anise/Freya and Garshaw/Yosuuf. With that I was wondering if anyone knew of any fic in which Sam becomes host to Anise or in which Jenifer Hailey or Jenifer Keller become host?

As for the recent comments of SG:U, I like it. Of course I like survival stories and so was disappointed when the Atlantis team got back in contact with Earth after one season. With Atlantis and Universe I had/have the hope that they run out of bullets, their equipment fails, and uniforms fall apart from ware and tare. As such they would be required to wear ancients clothing, and use the gear and weapons stocked on Atlantis and Destiny respectively. It did not happen with Atlantis but I am still holding out hope for Universe. I guess I want little reality mixed in with my sci-fi.
                                Welcome, KJ_A!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X