Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1)Favourite amusing Daniel quote?
    "Why are you so quick to jump to the conclusion I’m crazy? That I’m dangerous.....I’m out of control? It’s ‘cause I’m kinda acting that way....aren’t I?" (Legacy)

2)Favourite deep & meaningful (tm) Daniel quote?
    "I guess I-I should be thanking you, actually. You see, I used to...I used to feel like I didn't belong...anywhere, really. I think I thought that, uh, this whole ascension thing would change that. And now I'm realizing that the sacrifices were far too great. And my life here is far too important to just leave behind. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, uh, for the first time in my life, I feel like I'm a part of something...something important." (Orpheus)

3)The Daniel line that makes you want to yell at him?
    "Let me ask you a question: Who would you trust with your life more than anyone else in the world? Don’t worry, I won’t be offended if you don’t pick me. Could it be TEAL’C?"

"Uh, TEAL’C, just refresh my memory. What was your previous occupation?"

"Right. Did a few nasty things back then?" (Past and Present....where Daniel was making an ass of himself getting all defensive about Ke'ra.)

4)Favourite 'Bless! that's just sooooo Daniel' quote?
    "Wait ... I want you to. You know I died in this room? Ascended. Doctor Fraiser did everything she could. I mean, she went three days without sleep. Even in the end she didn't wanna let me go. I owed her a lot more than I ever gave back. I thought a lot about what you said about Kristofsky. I think this shows what Janet Fraiser was all about." (Heroes 2.....this little monologue from Daniel made me tear up...it was so moving.)

Last edited by Sue_Jackson; 02 June 2004, 03:13 PM.
    sigpic
    Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

1)Favourite amusing Daniel quote?

The First Ones:

Daniel: "Right, yes... Toss the Symbiote head, yes very popular... Yes... Very interesting, , yes all the kids are doing it..."

"oww... oww... look out...it's in the fire..." (ROFL)

2)Favourite deep & meaningful (tm) Daniel quote?

Absolute power (there's others, but this un' just makes me grin, he's too honest) :

Shi'fu: If the instrument is broken, the music will be sour.
      Daniel: The music does not play the musician.
      Shi'fu: Normally there's truth in that.
      Daniel: Really? Good! Because I really didn't have any idea what I was talking about...

All of his bad guy lines in Absolute Power, but the moment I felt ill was when the rings come up out of his floor...

Window of opportunity:

Sam Carter: Coronal mass emissions - I was just about to bring it up.
      Jack O'Neill: There you go, how would I know that?
      Sam Carter: Maybe you read my report.
      Daniel: Maybe he *read* your report?

Comment

1)Favourite amusing Daniel quote?Now, don't say "ka" till you've tried it. (Well, it amused me) Although the one from Legacy is cute, too.

2)Favourite deep & meaningful (tm) Daniel quote? This is in reply to Sam in Singularity: Carter: "I know I'm supposed to be detached."
        Daniel: "Who said that?" (That was the moment I fell in love with Daniel.

Hmm, not yell, but the one from Past and Present wasn't his finest hour.

Hmm, does it have to be a verbal quote? I like his hand signals. Like in the episode with Reetu Charlie (I can never remember the name) when Jack is giving military signs to say to go into the infirmary, Daniel gives his own version, saying there are people in there. I love the way he makes his fingers walk in the air.
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

>>Hmm, does it have to be a verbal quote? I like his hand signals.<<

I agree, his non-verbals say a lot too! His eyebrows have minds of their own!! LOL

Comment

1)Favourite amusing Daniel quote? From "First Ones"

"This... this is, uh, nothing that you need to be worried about. This is a radio, it's so my friends can find me and shoot you."

2)Favourite deep & meaningful (tm) Daniel quote? From "Secrets"
            Sha're: "You hate me."
            Daniel: "No. No, I love you."
            Sha're: "Will you forgive me?"
            Daniel: "Oh, God." He walks over to her and hugs her. "There's nothing to forgive."
            Sha're: "I'm so ashamed."
            Daniel: "I hate what's been done to you. I hate what Apophis plans for the child growing inside of you. Look at me. I love you. Everything else....I love you."
            Sha're: "Will you stay?"
            Daniel: "I can't. Because I want you to come home with me."

Sha're: "You do love me."
            Daniel: "Yes, I do."

Ah... to be Sha're... *sigh*

3)The Daniel line that makes you want to yell at him? From "Absolute Power"

To Hammond "You know it is beyond my comprehension how anybody like yourself who has so much power can miss the point entirely!"

4)Favourite 'Bless! that's just sooooo Daniel' quote? Can't remember the ep.

"Right." *pause* "I, uh, have no idea what you're talking about."
            Lexa

AWW Tartersauce! - Spongebob Squarepants

Comment

1) Funniest - the 'I am the great and powerful Oz' line (Serpent's Wotsit)

2) Deep & Meaningful - "I haven't left your side Teal'c, and I won't, that's a promise", (Changeling)

3) Yell-worthy - that thing he says to Sam about not knowing what love is (Need)

4) Bless! - "This is how I met my father-in-law" (TFO)

5) Non-verbal - the finger-football with Jack (Enemies)

Madeleine

Comment

Oh no! Daniel's thread has fallen to page 3 again!! We need to get this back to the front again! What can we discuss about our beloved Daniel.. I wish there would have been more Sha're episodes.. I am such a Daniel/Sha're shipper! I loved seeing the two of them on screen together, I thought they were very steamy! They had the best screen kisses! Maybe because they were a couple in real life?? Do you think their break up had anything to do with her character being killed off? does anyone know the story behind that?
                Lexa

AWW Tartersauce! - Spongebob Squarepants

Comment

I don't know, but I think speculation on the real life break up might fall out of the bounds of the site? Some mod correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, I don't know why they decided to kill Sha're off. Maybe they felt that if he had rescued Sha're, he'd have no real incentive to stay with the SGC. He wouldn't have to form as strong a connection with his teammates, because he'd already have a family, and he'd want to stay with her.

I loved Secrets. The end where Daniel tells Sha're that he'll always love her and the Gou'ald can't do anything to change that? SWOON! And, I loved the joy in his voice when he said "It's a boy!" right before it hit him that it wasn't a normal birth, and he wasn't the happy papa. So sad when he repeated, "It's a boy" but in a totally different tone. Lovely acting.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

I loved the Daniel/Sha're relationship too. I agree that if he had rescued her he wouldn't really have had an incentive to stay with SG-1 but they could have dragged it out. Besides if rescuing her was the entire reason that he stayed he would have left after she was killed. I know that ostensibly he stayed to find the Harcesis but he did that and he still stayed. I just really wish there was still the option of Daniel and Sha're being reunited.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Besides if rescuing her was the entire reason that he stayed he would have left after she was killed.
                      Well, yeah, but killing her means he has even more reason to want revenge on the Gou'ald. Besides, it just emphasisis the fact that the SGC and in particular SG1 are his only family. I don't want to suggest that it's all by default and if he was reunited with Sha're he wouldn't care about them, but they'd probably be very good friends, not family.

Being with Sha're, especially after losing her for such a long time would probably mean that he wouldn't want to go traipsing all over the galaxy. At least not for awhile.

Comment

I agree, I think Daniel would not have wanted to leave her behind again unless the writers came up with a very good reason. I liked how the actors played off each other when they were together, it wasn't overly emotional, they just seemed comfortable.

Overall, I liked how the storyline was handled and how it continued to progress plot wise...

Comment

Just to keep this thread up. Do you think it would have worked if they had just had Sha're be found and rescued at the end of the series? I think they could have planned it out so that it wasn't like dragging on the storyline. I mean they have shows where a quest lasts the run of a series. Quantum Leap, for one. And, it wouldn't be like every episode would be about him trying to find Sha're. Just like every episode pre- FIAD wasn't about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                            Just to keep this thread up. Do you think it would have worked if they had just had Sha're be found and rescued at the end of the series? I think they could have planned it out so that it wasn't like dragging on the storyline. I mean they have shows where a quest lasts the run of a series. Quantum Leap, for one. And, it wouldn't be like every episode would be about him trying to find Sha're. Just like every episode pre- FIAD wasn't about that.
                            Other than the fact of Shar're was killed, without her being killed by Teal'c it would loose the drama that was there between Teal'c and Daniel, which i didn't want taken away from me
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                              I don't know...I don't think Daniel's character would have grown as well if that was his main focus throughout the series. Plus, there wouldn't be as much tension with other characters or in certain storylines (Sarah/Osiris for one).

I think Sha're's death sparked off a change in Daniel that is still impacting him in the series, in a way I think it was almost necessary to kill her off eventually.

I see what you mean by Quantum Leap, however, in QL it was an over-arching storyline that implacted all the major players. In Stargate, Sha're's storyline really only intertwined with Daniel's character.

Comment

Yah i agree, the effect that the death of Share're was important for Daniel's character in my opinion, or else he would still be looking for her, and did u see what happened when he did?
                                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                                X