Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol!! i love how much they talk about baal in both summit and abyss

i'm thinking we won't get much baal talk on reckoning though, since gary jones and peter deluise are doing the commentary.... they're absolutely HILARIOUS but they don't really talk about the episode at ALL

and i agree... i love how much baal smiles... he's really not evil... just sociopathic??

Comment

Is too evil! I couldn't love a non-evil Ba'al.

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
        lol!! i love how much they talk about baal in both summit and abyss

i'm thinking we won't get much baal talk on reckoning though, since gary jones and peter deluise are doing the commentary.... they're absolutely HILARIOUS but they don't really talk about the episode at ALL
        That'll suck if there's no Ba'al commentary. They should have got Cliff to do it. I want some insight, dammit!

and i agree... i love how much baal smiles... he's really not evil... just sociopathic??
        A sociopath is amoral, so while a sociopath's behaviour can be taken as evil, he will think it's all quite normal.

Comment

I honestly think Ba'al knows what he's doing is evil, though, and decides not to care, which is why he can do it with a smile. He knows evil, and enjoys it.

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
            Is too evil! I couldn't love a non-evil Ba'al.
            Then you're gonna hate the Ba'al in my story.
            'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Hmm...I can like him non-evil as long as it's speculation and fanfic...I wouldn't like a non-evil Ba'al as a show character however, any more than I honestly wanted the writers to make Sam ditch SG1 to live out her life with Fifth .

Comment

*cough*

Actually, OT, but I wouldn't mind if Sam did that...

*cough*

On topic, I think Ba'al doesn't really care whether he's evil or not.

Comment

yeah... he can be evil and he can be non-evil... as long as he's got the power and people bowing down to him, he don't care seriously, anyone TRULY evil to the core would not have helped them like he did in reckoning, alterior motives or otherwise... sure, he may have to some degree just wanted a way to stop anubis from killing HIM or maybe just was trying to find a way to stop anubis from getting something he wanted... but still, whatever the reason, the goal had genuinely good intentions, and someone like, say, nuby (evil to the core) would NEVER help them no matter what... and honestly i don't see ANY system lord helping them in the WAY baal did... we've seen yu sorta help them out by attacking someone for them or whatever... but baal is different...

and he's different because he can BE evil (and we love when he does that ) but he's NOT evil to the core... sure, he's no gandhi (sp?) and definately wants his power... but he can be sadistic and evil when he wants to be but can also be fun-snarkly and genuine when the situation for such presents itself

Comment

You have such a hopeful attitude towards him, Em!

Comment

ain't he just the manipulitive one? gotta love that about him.
                      'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

not hopeful... just overly analyzed

Comment

Hmmm......
                          I'll have my Ba'al evil, with a dash of sadistic and a side order of flirty and overall yummy, please.

Comment

Other Goa'uld have come to Earth for help...in New Order. In the end, their pride prevented them from getting it. So did Ba'al's, almost. You didn't notice him begging Jack's forgiveness, did you? There was nothing "good" in Ba'al's decision to help Earth, it was self-preservation. If Ba'al himself had been able to survive the weapon's use, do you think he would've helped? I doubt it.

Comment

Reposting this in honor of the Forum being back online today.

Comment

Coming soon to a store near you, it's a Ba'ablehead! Anyway...not intended to be artistry, but if anyone knows a better way to make something look plastic and cheesy besides the "Plastic Wrap" filter, I'd love to hear it.
                                Last edited by yasureubetcha; 05 April 2005, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X