Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Thanks for the congrats, jerin! Keep posting and you'll be reaching some milestones soon yourself!

The convention for Amanda is listed at www.gabitevents.co.uk Details there ... being held in London (which is having even more problems, sadly, at this very moment).

The Gate cons are supposed to be the most fun - held late summer in Vancouver itself (home of SG1 and SA). I'm sure other Samandans, esp. Sky and tsaxlady, will be able to give you more details about these other cons!

Happy hunting!
    (Okay, stopping the serious mushy stuff and on with the Samandan topics.)

Thanks for the info! Alas! I am in America. I'll wait for info on websites that list American conventions. Thanks for your tip and the lovely thoughts.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
    Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Tara, I share the same sentiments regarding Lida's sig! Holy Hannah, do you pet it or shoot it?!

PS So sorry to hear that you'll be on holiday and not able to join us at GABIT! We'll just have to share baby piccis next year online! Take care and be safe!
      I think it's hysterical. Reminds me of that movie where those fuzzy creatures keep eating everything.

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
        I'm new to stargate, so please excuse my silly questions. How do I find out about conventions? I tried to go to the mgm website, but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance.
        Gateworld has convention information listed under the Franchise link on th emain page. Here is the direct link to the Convention Page . Also check under the fandom section on the forum for postings about other cons.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Nothing in the teachings of Islam condone hurting innocent civilians. No sane religion ever would.
          And yet, unfortunately, no sane religion is free of radical extremists who use their faith to perpetuate hate. Even Buddhism, which I consider to be one of the more benevolent religions out there, has its band of whackos. Aum Shinrikyo, the group responsible for the sarin attack in Tokyo, is an extremist Buddist sect (and that just sounds like an oxymoron to me). It's very sad.

Hic Comitas Regit.

Mean people suck.

My thoughts go out to all Londoners, and those with friends and families there.

My LJ

Comment

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the Stargate Fan Awards site? I was happily working my way through all of the Sam stories, but I haven't been able to get to the site for a couple of days now.

My LJ

Comment

I hope Carter doesn't keep smiling that girly-girl smile, its not her character and its definitely not military!!

Comment

That's really scary, ChopinGal! I'm glad you're safe. I hope you didn't know anyone directly affected in any of the attacks.

These events make me wanna scream and cry all at the same time. I'm actually tearing up as I'm writing this. It's doubly worse for me, because I am moslem. I live in NYC and got stuck in Manhattan on 9/11/01. I felt shocked and scared of the terrorists. I LOVE America and am very loyal. I'm completely in love with NYC and have been all my life. I felt ashamed and angry they would call themselves moslem. Nothing in the teachings of Islam condone hurting innocent civilians. No sane religion ever would.

Right after 9/11 happened, an angry man almost ran me over, 1 block from my house. There were also reports of hate crimes pouring in from all over the country. Not only was I scared of what the terrorists might do, but I also had to be scared of what ignorant Americans might do. It hurt so much because I felt like 2 groups I thought I belonged to were treating uncharacteristically. I so wish there was something I could do to make the mindless violence stop.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of England. May this stupidity end soon.

I diplore anyone who would react in this way!

Comment

Originally posted by rnwhocares
                  I hope Carter doesn't keep smiling that girly-girl smile, its not her character and its definitely not military!!
                  Wha?!

*color me confused*

OK, so Lida, did you tell everyone what that little furling REALLY is? Because it looks like a cross between a dog and a cat, but I wouldn't be surprised if you told us that you stole him/her from the Jim Henson Company.

Comment

That's really scary, ChopinGal! I'm glad you're safe. I hope you didn't know anyone directly affected in any of the attacks. I'm sorry if I misled you ... I am an American and traveled to London last September. At that time, we happened to be using the same transit stops that have been targeted by these two attacks. However, I do have friends in UK, including Coley and 1speed from this thread.

These events make me wanna scream and cry all at the same time. Yes, I think many of us are feeling like you!

... Nothing in the teachings of Islam condone hurting innocent civilians. No sane religion ever would. Amen to this ... murder of innocent life is not justifiable.

Right after 9/11 happened, an angry man almost ran me over, 1 block from my house. There were also reports of hate crimes pouring in from all over the country. This is shocking and appalling. As an American, it shames me.

... I so wish there was something I could do to make the mindless violence stop. Live well ... let your kindness be your message.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of England. This was an example of your own kindness (when you thought I lived in the UK).

... May this stupidity end soon. Sadly, I think this is far from over. We live in a new age of violence and must stay vigilant. There's a Latin phrase which was my high-school's motto and seems to fit the times: vigilate et orate (watch and pray). Guess that's what we all need to do.
                    jerin, you have shown by your sensitive posts that you are a welcomed citizen of Samanda!

Hic comitas regit.

Peace, CG

Comment

Originally posted by rnwhocares
                      Hmm maybe it's a part of the time dilation issue we have been having but I'm totally lost by this response. What exactly were you refering to Rnwhocares?

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        Gateworld has convention information listed under the Franchise link on th emain page. Here is the direct link to the Convention Page . Also check under the fandom section on the forum for postings about other cons.
                        Thank you so much! I just saved the link under my favorites.

Comment

Tsaxlady and Uber

Thanks for all your work on the piccis, vids and transcripts from Comic Con. Very much apprecaiated and I'm miffed I still can't rep you - must try to get onto the forum more often these days!!

The Jester and I will return the favour re GABIT!!

Comment

A belated welcome to all the new posters who have come onboard over the last few weeks

Comment

Calling all Samandans:-

When will our Pres be back?
                              Is our French connection still intact?
                              Does anyone know where Deepspace is?
                              She helped to give this thread some Fizz
                              The keepers on hols - but the flame burns bright
                              With proliferant posts through the British night
                              piccis, transcripts and vids with sound
                              A talented, generous bunch of people found
                              But lets not forget the absent few
                              and keep on posting to all of you

Err I think I need lessons from the Jester!

Comment

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by jerin

That's really scary, ChopinGal! I'm glad you're safe. I hope you didn't know anyone directly affected in any of the attacks. I'm sorry if I misled you ... I am an American and traveled to London last September. At that time, we happened to be using the same transit stops that have been targeted by these two attacks. However, I do have friends in UK, including Coley and 1speed from this thread.

These events make me wanna scream and cry all at the same time. Yes, I think many of us are feeling like you!

... Nothing in the teachings of Islam condone hurting innocent civilians. No sane religion ever would. Amen to this ... murder of innocent life is not justifiable.

Right after 9/11 happened, an angry man almost ran me over, 1 block from my house. There were also reports of hate crimes pouring in from all over the country. This is shocking and appalling. As an American, it shames me.

... I so wish there was something I could do to make the mindless violence stop. Live well ... let your kindness be your message.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of England. This was an example of your own kindness (when you thought I lived in the UK).

... May this stupidity end soon. Sadly, I think this is far from over. We live in a new age of violence and must stay vigilant. There's a Latin phrase which was my high-school's motto and seems to fit the times: vigilate et orate (watch and pray). Guess that's what we all need to do.

jerin, you have shown by your sensitive posts that you are a welcomed citizen of Samanda!

Hic comitas regit.

Peace, CG
                                Dear CG,
                                Thanks to you and everyone else for making me feel welcomed. I will continue to pray, as countless others, for the end of violence. May the sound of our prayers be louder than those who would use religion for harm. May we all find strength to overcome the foolish, violent minority.

Coley and 1speed,
                                I have to ask you what I asked CG. I truly hope you or noone you know closely were affected by the senseless violence.

CG,
                                Did you mention a baby? Do you have a baby, or does your daughter? I adore children! You MUST share photos!

Comment

Working...
                                X