No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And don't you just hate it when some bozo posts a string of separate replies, instead of putting them all together into one nice, neat compendium?

Cab for Mr 1speed!!!

Comment

Normal Carter definately
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
        And don't you just hate it when some bozo posts a string of separate replies, instead of putting them all together into one nice, neat compendium?

Cab for Mr 1speed!!!
        post count++

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          post count++
          Post count +1

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            I did get it, Uber - and thanks, I already made the changes for you and Kat

I finished the card/note to go with the SaGC Collection when I mail it. UberSG-1Fan and ForeverSG-1 both graciously agreed to let me use their wonderful Sam Carter banners for the front of the card and I printed it on glossy photo paper. Inside the card I put an abbreviated version of the Foreward that is inside the Collection. I also included the thread URL as the 'return address'.

If you'd like to see what the card looks like, click here

Astro, that is a beautiful card. There isn't enough praise out there for the amount of hard work you've done. So I'll go with two simple, yet powerful words - Thank You
            sigpic

Comment

I did get it, Uber - and thanks, I already made the changes for you and Kat

I finished the card/note to go with the SaGC Collection when I mail it. UberSG-1Fan and ForeverSG-1 both graciously agreed to let me use their wonderful Sam Carter banners for the front of the card and I printed it on glossy photo paper. Inside the card I put an abbreviated version of the Foreward that is inside the Collection. I also included the thread URL as the 'return address'.

If you'd like to see what the card looks like, click here

Once again, a beautiful job from you and Mary Beth and Kat too! After this delivery, Amanda may actually start to be curious about Samanda ... ya think?!

Comment

Sky,
                I'd recommend Strix's 'The Knife's Edge of Madness' - that is such a great story and it would make a fantastic episode

And I'm sure that you've already rec'd TokraHostess'es 'The Hidden One'

And of course - just send them the link to your website - that will keep them busy for months with good Sam-fics!

thanks for pointing out strix's...is it on ff.net?

yep, already recc'd hidden one. as to posting my site...eh that's bad form to rec yourself. thanks for the compliment though.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Excellent!

And remember, it's ÜberSG-1Fan not UberSG-1Fan...

There's another UberSG-1Fan without the umlaut (those two little dots over the U); she has no sense of humor at all. (a play on Jack O'Neill quote from Secrets)

Mary Beth
                  ÜberSG-1Fan

To make a U with the umlaut, it's as easy as this:

Hold down the ALT or MAC key while typing the number then release:

ALT: 154 Ü
                  MAC: 134 Ü

It's so nice to see that MB works so diligently to uphold her title as Royal Pain in the Mitka on a regular basis. What a trooper!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    thanks for pointing out strix's...is it on ff.net?

yep, already recc'd hidden one. as to posting my site...eh that's bad form to rec yourself. thanks for the compliment though.
                    Here's another: Jen (or Jan) Gafeller and the Code of Honor that AD (I think) mentioned a few pages back here ... the author served in the military about ten years ago, is a vet, and she uses that experience well when she tells the story. It's very well written, quite good.

Of course, anything by our own SG1_Fanfic ... my favorites are: Overtime and What Will It Take.

And, help Samandans ... what was that hilarious, naughty fic we all were talking about recently? I can't think of the name or author ... will have to search back pages ... maybe AD recommended this one instead ... he doesn't like ship so Code of Honor may not have been his cup of tea. Although it's more Sam as strong soldier than romance.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      Jen Gafeller has now finished her wonderful story, Code of Honor:
                      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2393781/1/

I can't rant enough about how much I loved this story. Competent Carter at her best!
                      Sky, here you go ... a great writer commending another writer ... that should show the worth of this story. I think you can definitely place it at your other board.

Can't find "the naughty" one yet

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        Sky, here you go ... a great writer commending another writer ... that should show the worth of this story. I think you can definitely place it at your other board.

Can't find "the naughty" one yet
                        Naughty one? I'd like to think I would remember posting a naughty fic (so i can go back and read it of course! )

I did rec an Action/Adventure fic a few pages back which had Sam/Pete in it, and I have no doubt a few ppl here would call that a naughty fic

And I really am gonna try and get thru Code of Honour I'll just have to skip all the shippy stuff and head straight the action

Comment

Omigosh - Flag 5 is just stupendous! The beauty of Sam surrounded by kindness and blue jello! What more could we ask?!

Let's have our fellow Samandans start to respond to what you've been doing ... but #5 is really sterling (in my book)!
                          While scrolling back trying to find the missing fanfic, I came across these pages and realized: we have not yet decided on our Samandan Flag!

Lys and Strix (and anyone interested), please post your flag designs one more time so that the citizens of Samanda can choose the royal flag!!

Good grief ... I'm responding to my own quote ... will I experience temporal cascade failure too?!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Naughty one? I'd like to think I would remember posting a naughty fic (so i can go back and read it of course! )

I did rec an Action/Adventure fic a few pages back which had Sam/Pete in it, and I have no doubt a few ppl here would call that a naughty fic

And I really am gonna try and get thru Code of Honour I'll just have to skip all the shippy stuff and head straight the action
                            I got it!! Wasn't it something like "The Blue Jello Metaphor"?! Who has the author and URL link for Sky?!

Comment

While scrolling back trying to find the missing fanfic, I came across these pages and realized: we have not yet decided on our Samandan Flag!

Lys and Strix (and anyone interested), please post your flag designs one more time so that the citizens of Samanda can choose the royal flag!!

Good grief ... I'm responding to my own quote ... will I experience temporal cascade failure too?!
                              Only if you don't recalibrate the decay rate of the naquadah in your generator!
                              sigpic

Comment

Dear Samandans

If you are coming to GABIT in October, please include your GW "handle" as part of your name badge! Actually, I'm hoping we can somehow sneak in "Hic Comitas Regit: Samanda" on our name badges too. Will talk to one of the directors about all this as the event gets closer.

But, for now, I think they will ask you on the registration form for your name badge ... so just thought we should see our real and GW names too. What does everyone think?!

I am still planning to attend - money will be very tight - but seeing Amanda in person seems priceless! I shall find a way and bring back photos and stories for all my missing Samandans, let alone hanging out with the group who does come!

Comment

Working...
                                X