Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lys
    I don't want Sam to be perfect either. I don't want SuperSam (except in this wonderfull manip one of our dear artists made here ).
    But I don't think Sam showing vulnerability equals with Sam screwing up everything. I hope Sam will be the team leader when she comes back. Yes, I know I'm an incorrigible optimist. She's going to face the same situations as Jack before. Jack's main weakness was Charlie and his guilt after his son's death. That's why First tried to gain all knowledge from him by using memories of Charlie for example. Does this mean that Jack screwed up ? No. He made the right choice (in my opinion). He remained strong. How is it that Sam isn't allowed to show weakness and to overcome it like Jack ? She's strong enough to do it.

I want Sam to show her humanity, to show she has weaknesses to accept them and to overcome them. I don't want tension within the team. I want friendship. That's why I'd really like to see Sam making a hard choice against the wills of one of the guys (I'm thinking of Daniel here, he's the most stubborn of all of them ) because she knows it's the best for them even if she's going to jeopardize their friendship.

I for sure don't want Sam to show weakness for the sake of been weak because she's the woman. If that's how TPTB think of character development for Sam, I'd rather have SuperSam. We have SuperDaniel who speaks 23 or more languages, understands every alien writing without any book or reference to translate them, SuperTeal'c who knows everything about Goa'uld technology and culture, SuperJack who never misses a target and is a formidable team leader, why not SuperSam ?
    all i can say is i agree with everything.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Random late night thoughts:

Sam, Sam, Sam, Sam
      Sam, Sam, Sam, Sam
      Wonderful Sam, wonderful Sam!!!

I like Teal'c's new haircut. I think he's finally getting in touch with his feminine side after 140 years.

Amanda Tapping... she's a stunningly beautiful woman with or without photoshopping. (Is that actually a word?) And I thank all of you who use those incredibly sexy pictures of her in your signatures. Wow. Makes my day every time you post.

I think somebody should keep track of the words we're inventing on this thread. Tok'rafying... dumbassifying... Samandafying... Okay, somebody needs to come up with new words that don't end in "fying."

Am I the only person who...hic... thinks we all sound like we're hitting the gin a little too hard...hic...with our new Samandafied motto (which I absolutely adore, by the way)? Hic. Hic Comitas Regit. Hic.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!!!!

Sam, Sam, Sam, Sam
      Sam, Sam, Sam, Sam
      Wonderful Sam, wonderful Sam!!!

Oh, and Chapter 3 (and the ending) of Ten-Thousand Suns is now posted at:
      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2454418/3/

Hugs to you all,
      Strix

My LJ

Comment

i've got a seriously important question for you guys!

in an alternate reality (where jack o'neill doesn't exist), which brother do you think sam would fall for; rick or aj simon? (from the show simon and simon)

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          Amanda Tapping... she's a stunningly beautiful woman with or without photoshopping. (Is that actually a word?) And I thank all of you who use those incredibly sexy pictures of her in your signatures. Wow. Makes my day every time you post.

I think somebody should keep track of the words we're inventing on this thread. Tok'rafying... dumbassifying... Samandafying... Okay, somebody needs to come up with new words that don't end in "fying."

Am I the only person who...hic... thinks we all sound like we're hitting the gin a little too hard...hic...with our new Samandafied motto (which I absolutely adore, by the way)? Hic. Hic Comitas Regit. Hic.

Hugs to you all,
          Strix
          If we can make a verb out of Tok'rafying, we can certainly turn Photoshopping into one as well. Someone really should start a dictionary, Strix.

I've been away from the computer most of the day due to a tragedy at my workplace, and dinner with a friend from college who's in town on a job interview. I came home, went immediately to Gateworld, and was excited to see that spoilers had been posted for Beachhead and Ex Deus Machina. Then I read them and got angry. I came straight here from there and have just caught up on all your marvelous posts. I don't know if the day was just too stressful or if I'm still just bothered by the spoilers, but I just haven't had time to digest it all yet. I guess I'll sleep on all the viewpoints you've posted and come back tomorrow.

You folks are great! And so is Sam.....no matter what!
          Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 08 July 2005, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Ah, you mean like the movies she was talking about in Hathor?
            /me runs
            no, that was 'women behind bars'!

this one's sam behind bars. where bauer won't let anyone visit her until she apologizes to him. in front of everyone. and she refuses. so she's rotting in jail. even jack can't get her out. she spends a few weeks there... and it's up to the writer to tell us what she's like by the time she gets out.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

hurry, we're running out of time before the forum closes for surgery!

sam WILL lead, or co-lead with mitchell!

sam WILL end up with her true love (jack o'neill)!

amanda WILL be recognized appropriately in the opening credits!

sally WILL have rda's child and marry him!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Reposting this...My responses are STILL in Royal Blue (of course)...AND I've added the ones you left off from before...

Originally posted by majorsal

amanda's wonderful! Without question.

sam's great! Which is why she's my hero.

sam WILL lead, or co-lead with mitchell! CO-LEAD??? This edit's practically blasphemy! And from our own President??? Truly a sad day in Samanda.

(how you first posted it and much better, I must say) sam will lead sg1! From your lips, majorsal...

sam WILL end up with her true love (jack o'neill)! Yet another bizarre edit. Hmm.

(how you first posted it. Again...better) sam and jack will marry! Hopefully after many more SG-1 adventures.

(AGAIN, much better how you first posted it...) amanda will be first in the credits! In my dreams.

amanda WILL be recognized appropriately in the opening credits! So we go from "first" to merely "recognized appropriately"???

sally WILL have rda's child and marry him! Even more delusional than the first time you posted this...

sally will marry rda! In your dreams.

sally
                Hugs 'n' kisses, Sal...

Love...Mary Beth
                (who still rightfully holds the title of Royal Pain in the Samandan Mikta...)

Last edited by Uber; 08 July 2005, 09:59 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

sally
                  I say HOORAY to you Sally on all counts .... especially on the little bundle of joy.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Reposting this...My responses are STILL in Royal Blue (of course)...AND I've added the ones you left off from before...

Hugs 'n' kisses, Sal...

Love...Mary Beth
                    (who still rightfully holds the title of Royal Pain in the Samandan Mikta...)

LOL!

(((mary beth)))

i loved you saying how one of my PREDICTIONS were even more delutional than the first time.

any changes in list was to alleviate samenesses... nesses...

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

SG-1 Interviews...Amanda's at the top (because her first name is first alphabetically)...

Any German Samandans wanna fill in the blanks on this???? Either that or direct me to the English translation! Danke!

http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=315
                      Last edited by Uber; 09 July 2005, 12:47 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Google Translation might be of some help. Its a dodgy translation, but you can get the gist of what she's saying
                        I didn't really see anything new, aside from maybe that fact that there's
                        Spoiler:
                        no hand to hand combat for Sam so far

Comment

sally
                          Um, I just noticed, you said "sally" will have RDA's child, and marry him. Sure you meant Sam!
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Hi everyone I'm having a great time at the Burbank Con - just wanted to drop ing for a mintue and let you know I have added a bunch of pictures from Fridays events in my Blog

Dan Shea was asked if Amanda has done any stunts this season - Dan said they have a really good stunt double for Amanda as she currently does not want to do any stunts since having Olivia.

I'll update again tomorrow mainly just pictures - a report will come later.
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                              Um, I just noticed, you said "sally" will have RDA's child, and marry him. Sure you meant Sam!
                              unless she was talking about herself..
                              sigpic
                              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah
                                unless she was talking about herself..
                                Knowing Madam Vice-President's true desires ... I'm sure this was a deliberate Freudian slip!
                                Last edited by ChopinGal; 09 July 2005, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X