Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Hi everyone I'm having a great time at the Burbank Con - just wanted to drop ing for a mintue and let you know I have added a bunch of pictures from Fridays events in my Blog

Dan Shea was asked if Amanda has done any stunts this season - Dan said they have a really good stunt double for Amanda as she currently does not want to do any stunts since having Olivia.

I'll update again tomorrow mainly just pictures - a report will come later.
    TS ... thanks for the link! I am intrigued by BG but sometimes it gets a bit too dark for me. However, absolutely love Starbuck and wish she and Sam Carter could share universes! Katee looks so cute and different compared to her character - very girly girly.

Can't wait to hear the scoop from AT about what's happening ... keep us posted for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Random late night thoughts:

I like Teal'c's new haircut. I think he's finally getting in touch with his feminine side after 140 years.
      How old is Teal'c anyway ? In season 1, he was 102 year old, and in Grace (season 7), a 140. Little mistake somewhere ?

Amanda Tapping... she's a stunningly beautiful woman with or without photoshopping. (Is that actually a word?) And I thank all of you who use those incredibly sexy pictures of her in your signatures. Wow. Makes my day every time you post.
      I completely agree. And if Jack can invent "snippyness" why can't you invent "photoshopping" or whatever comes to your mind

Oh, and Chapter 3 (and the ending) of Ten-Thousand Suns is now posted at:
      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2454418/3/
      Really great story Strix. Very well written, and so close to the caracters (does that word take an "H" somewhere ? ). Even though I'm not a Sam/Janet shipper. I could so well hear their voices as I read through. Congrats
      sigpic
      There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
      If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
      If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
      If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Hi, fellow Samandans ... have been away a bit, totally despondent after reading the Beachhead spoiler the other day and, starting with Kat, feeling the same concern for Sam's development as many of you have already expressed. My first impression was shock at the plot: Sam screws up and Vala saves the day. I can only hope that much of this hype does not translate in reality the way it can be interpreted right now.

That, and London, has waylaid my usually high spirits (not to mention some unfortunate encounters of a strange kind with my students). So I just pulled back a bit ... and got re-energized by reading Strix's newest fic (excellent job) and delving into some other recent Samfic mentioned here a few pages back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I started a Stargate marathon of my own ... and, with permission of my close friend, Geogirl, from another scifi forum where we wreak our merry havoc, I am about to present, for you, Samandans, the best of Sam Carter - the Sam that TPTB have been hiding from you! Here's the real scoop ... Sam Carter is in charge and starring in her own part of the galaxy.

BTW, I think we should all get together and rent a theatre and show these films non-stop for the select viewing public who adore Sam! Enjoy!
        Last edited by ChopinGal; 09 July 2005, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Google Translation might be of some help. Its a dodgy translation, but you can get the gist of what she's saying
          I didn't really see anything new, aside from maybe that fact that there's
          Spoiler:
          no hand to hand combat for Sam so far
          God. Aweful translation, but thanks for it. Here we go again with that "still in the USAF" thing and the "no longer single".

Can someone please to something for me next friday, after the show ?

Answer the questions concerning Sam, Jack, and the SG patches? Not actually the entire episode. Just WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THEM ???

[Edit] and SG-1. You know, the ones that TPTB don't want to answer ?

Enquiring (is that spelled with a E or a I ? ) minds want to know.
          Last edited by Historian; 09 July 2005, 07:14 AM.
          sigpic
          If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
          If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
          If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Let's Go to the Movies, Part 2

Sam has always been a team player, and here are some of the other movies where her teammates have starring roles ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...anetDoctor.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../MissingJJ.jpg

Look carefully and you'll be sure to see some of our seasonal favorites!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...LivingDead.jpg

And, finally, this one's for you, Sky!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...SamTMatrix.jpg

All of these photoshopping presentations have been created by Geogirl in an alternate universe. Thanks, Geo!
            Last edited by ChopinGal; 09 July 2005, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
              How old is Teal'c anyway ? In season 1, he was 102 year old, and in Grace (season 7), a 140. Little mistake somewhere ?
              I think Teal'c is suppose to be approximately 106 years old. In the episode The Light (Season 4), Teal'c told Loren that he was going to be 102 years old in 47 days. I think in Grace, Jack was just being sarcastic because he didn't want to have the discussion he was having with Teal'c.

Teal'c : Indeed. You are like a brother to me O'Neill.
              Jack : You're like what? 140?
              Teal'c: A younger brother perhaps. But that is not my point.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                I think Teal'c is suppose to be approximately 106 years old. In the episode The Light (Season 4), Teal'c told Loren that he was going to be 102 years old in 47 days. I think in Grace, Jack was just being sarcastic because he didn't want to have the discussion he was having with Teal'c.

Isn't 140 supposed to be Bra'tac's age ?
                Those guys certainly have a blast blowing up the candles on their birthday cakes !
                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  TS ... thanks for the link! I am intrigued by BG but sometimes it gets a bit too dark for me. However, absolutely love Starbuck and wish she and Sam Carter could share universes! Katee looks so cute and different compared to her character - very girly girly.

Can't wait to hear the scoop from AT about what's happening ... keep us posted for sure!
                  After reading the last few comments from Amanda and seeing how the other actors are more than happy to give us hints as to what their characters will be facing in the upcoming season, I can almost guarantee you Amanda has been given the 'say-nothing' orders. I doubt we will hear or see anything regarding Sam until Beach Head, outside of the tiny bits and pieces of information they have already given us.

Ben and Claudia( Mitchell and Vala ) are being used as the big draw to hook new viewers for season nine, and Amanda( Sam ) is being used as the big mystery to draw back the old viewers. They are giving us just enough hints to keep people speculating until mid-August.

Will Sam be a member of the military when she returns?
                  Will Sam be leader of SG-1 when she returns?
                  Will Sam join SG-1 purely on a consultant basis?
                  Will Sam be single/involved with someone when she returns?
                  Will Sam be married to Jack when she returns?

They don't say yes or no to any of these questions, but they give hints to ideas that will make people speculate.

There was/is absolutely no reason to say that Sam is not single other than to have shippers continue to hope that the end of season eight meant something.

Nor is there any reason to hide the truth about whether or not Sam will be in the military when she returns, other than this is their cliff-hanger to keep us all waiting with abated breathes to see what will happen when Sam walks through the door.

Sam fans will want to see her come back as a member of the military and take back control of SG-1.

Browder/Mitchell fans will want to see Sam step back into a purely scientific role so that Mitchell can take the lead and control of SG-1.

Shippers will want to see some acknowledgement as to whether or not Sam is indeed involved with Jack. From the spoilers we've recieved thus far, they've written the characters to now have the possibility to be together...it's just a matter of whether the writers chose to go that direction or not.

But regardless of what kind of Stargate fans we are, Ben may be the draw for new fans but Sam is definitely the season cliff-hanger, all the answers regarding SG-1's future lie with her return and I seriously doubt anyone is going to drop a hint before her official return in August.
                  Last edited by ForeverSg1; 09 July 2005, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Dan Shea was asked if Amanda has done any stunts this season - Dan said they have a really good stunt double for Amanda as she currently does not want to do any stunts since having Olivia.

I'll update again tomorrow mainly just pictures - a report will come later.

that makes perfect sense. first of all, it ain't easy to work full time while nursing and dealing iwth a little baby. second of all, olivia comes first, and since mommy is the lunch counter, mommy needs to take care of herself

i admire any actor who chooses to do his/her own stunts, but i hold nothing against any one who chooses to have a stunt double. sometimes those stunts are dangerous in a way and since the actor makes his/her living off their body, they need to take care of thier body. and stunt performers are specially trained to do stunts iwth a minimal amount of damage
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i wouldn't make too much out of what they're doing to vala. my personal feelings, the character is being groomed to, POTENTIALLY be a replacement for sam should amanda decide to quit. as such, they need to redeem her and have her be more of a 'team player' by the end of her tenure.

also, it's very possible that the origianal script for beach head was different then had to be altered when olivia came late and amanda's return was delayed.

there is also the possibility that they are fully aware of the concern about amanda and are deliberately playing things up. for reasons known only to themselves, and maybe it's just coincidental, but tptb seem to like stirring up things between the scapers and gaters. and beach head is a perfect opportunity

i for one can't wait to see how sam deals with having this character as part of the team.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        that makes perfect sense. first of all, it ain't easy to work full time while nursing and dealing iwth a little baby. second of all, olivia comes first, and since mommy is the lunch counter, mommy needs to take care of herself

i admire any actor who chooses to do his/her own stunts, but i hold nothing against any one who chooses to have a stunt double. sometimes those stunts are dangerous in a way and since the actor makes his/her living off their body, they need to take care of thier body. and stunt performers are specially trained to do stunts iwth a minimal amount of damage
                        Another thing to keep in mind is, Amanda has openly admitted that she gets hurt a lot doing her own stunts. I'm sure in the past, dealing with the pain of bumps and bruises, was worthwhile because she could always take some pain medication and go on with the job; however, being a mom who chose to delivery without any pain medication, I'm assuming Amanda doesn't want to inflict any unnecessary injuries upon her body that may require her to take meds while she is nursing. I know when I was nursing, I was told to avoid a lot of different things that I never would have thought would be an issue... different types of medications, alcohol, caffeine, even things like dyeing my hair. Granted, I don't think all new mothers take this advice from their doctors, but I have a feeling Amanda might be one who chooses to do anything and everything she can to assure that Olivia grows up to be a very healthy little girl.

Comment

After reading the last few comments from Amanda and seeing how the other actors are more than happen to give us hints as to what their characters will be facing in the upcoming season, I can almost guarantee you Amanda has been given the 'say-nothing' orders. I doubt we will hear or see anything regarding Sam until BeachHead, outside of the tiny bits and pieces of information they have already given us.

Ben and Claudia( Mitchell and Vala ) are being used as the big draw to hook new viewers for season nine, and Amanda( Sam ) is being used as the big 'mystery' to pull back the old viewers. They are giving just enough hints to keep people speculating until mid-August.

Will Sam be a member of the military when she returns?
                          Will Sam be leader of SG-1 when she returns?
                          Will Sam join SG-1 purely on a consultant basis?
                          Will Sam be single/involved with someone when she returns?
                          Will Sam be married to Jack when she returns?

They don't say yes or no to any of these questions, but they give hints to ideas that will make people speculate.

There was/is absolutely no reason to say that Sam is not single other than to have shippers continue to hope that the end of season eight meant something.

Nor is there any reason to hide the truth about whether or not Sam will be in the military when she returns, other than this is there cliff-hanger to keep us all waiting with abated breathes to see what will happen when Sam walks through the door.

Sam fans will want to see her come back as a member of the military and take back control of SG-1.

Browder/Mitchell fans will want to see Sam step back into a purely scientific role so that Mitchell can take the lead and control of SG-1.

Shippers will want to see some acknowledgement as to whether or not Sam is indeed involved with Jack...from the spoilers we've recieved thus far, they've written the characters to now have the possibility to be together...it's just a matter of whether the writers chose to go that direction or not.

But regardless of what kind of Stargate fans we are, Ben may be the draw for new fans but Sam is definitely the season cliff-hanger, all the answers regarding SG-1's future lie with her return and I seriously doubt anyone is going to drop a hint before her official return in August.
                          God, Why can't I express what I think as clearly as you do Forever ? This is exactly how I feel about all those spoilers. Only 1 week to wait. And 7 to see Sam.

You're right, it was The Light, not season 1

Originally posted by Lys
                          Those guys certainly have a blast blowing up the candles on their birthday cakes !
                          LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            Let's Go to the Movies, Part 2

Sam has always been a team player, and here are some of the other movies where her teammates have starring roles ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...anetDoctor.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../MissingJJ.jpg

Look carefully and you'll be sure to see some of our seasonal favorites!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...LivingDead.jpg

And, finally, this one's for you, Sky!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...SamTMatrix.jpg

All of these photoshopping presentations have been created by Geogirl in an alternate universe. Thanks, Geo!
                            Well ChopinGal, you had me going with the first "movie". LOL Thanks for the laughs, those pics are priceless.
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Another thing to keep in mind is, Amanda has openly admitted that she gets hurt a lot doing her own stunts. I'm sure in the past, dealing with the pain of bumps and bruises, was worthwhile because she could always take some pain medication and go on with the job; however, being a mom who chose to delivery without any pain medication, I'm assuming Amanda doesn't want to inflict any unnecessary injuries upon her body that may require her to take meds while she is nursing. I know when I was nursing, I was told to avoid a lot of different things that I never would have thought would be an issue... different types of medications, alcohol, caffeine, even things like dyeing my hair. Granted, I don't think all new mothers take this advice from their doctors, but I have a feeling Amanda might be one who chooses to do anything and everything she can to assure that Olivia grows up to be a very healthy little girl.
                              I agree with you completely. AT waited a long time to have a baby, and now she has a precious little girl. I seriously doubt she would do anything to either endanger Olivia or herself. Also, as she is breast feeding, almost no meds should be taken, as many, even over the counters ones, can get into breast milk, a fact I'm certain her docs have made her aware of.

I so admire AT, and her dedication to both her family and her work. Clearly, they are both important to her, but I have a feeling, it push came to shove, she would chose her family first.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                i wouldn't make too much out of what they're doing to vala. my personal feelings, the character is being groomed to, POTENTIALLY be a replacement for sam should amanda decide to quit. as such, they need to redeem her and have her be more of a 'team player' by the end of her tenure.
                                This brought a question in my mind. Yes, I can ask myself questions.
                                If, and with a big if, Vala had to become Sam's replacement, what would be her expertise on the team ?

Sam has always been the scientist of the team before being promoted to the team leader and even as the leader she still was the scientist. Look at It's Good to Be King, Reckoning, Gemini... Who's the one playing with alien technology ? Sam.

On the other hand, we have Vala and what little we know about her. I went and reread the spoilers for the 5 first episodes of season 9.
                                Spoiler:
                                According to them, Vala is a thief and she's doomed to be bond to Daniel. Why does this remind me of Jack in Broca Divide ? "Daniel, you'll have a girl on every planet". I guess some things don't change. But, going back to Vala's character, I have the feeling that TPTB deliberately don't tell us everything about her, same as they do with Sam. I would feel cheated if her character was only a thief and Daniel's next love interest. She has to bring some contribution to the story. And I don't think her, being a former Goa'uld is her main contribution. We've been told that this season is the Ori's season. Why bringing har character who has more expertize in the Goa'uld if they're out of the picture ?

Going further with this reasoning, I came to the conclusion that there's something missing in the "new team". Mitchell is obviously the soldier and plays the part Jack used to play. Daniel and Teal'c are their old selves and what is the part of Vala ? Is she a scientist ? I don't think so. She seems to me more of the daredevil type. I can't see Mitchell, Daniel nor Teal'c filling Sam shoes on the scientific stuff. Maybe that's why we don't see Daniel and Teal'c wearing the SG1 patches, maybe because there's no real SG1 team and they're just people working together until Sam comes back.

LOL ! I didn't think I could do so much thinking without brain damage.
                                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X