No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only a cameo? i hope its with Rick that she makes her cameo with.

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
      Hey y'all I need your advice or opinion on something.

"I'm finaly gonna do it"

Wishing Amanda a very happy Birthday via her website that is

Now, I'm gonna send Kamil an e-mail, probably wednesday, with my message. It'll be something lke

" Hey Amanda!

I want to wish you a very very ... very happy birthday.

Let there be cake, presents, flowers... everything you seem fit so your birthday will be a day you'll never forget.

Once again, happy birthday Amanda. May all your wishes and desires come true, and let the candles on your cake be blown out in the first effort .

Daivy Deglin
      Belgium

---

Something like that.

Now I read on the site that personal messages could be deleted cause of certain stuff that a small group of people said in the past. (or something like that, don't remember the exact words he used)

But if I add

PS Your my favorite actress and, in my humble opnion, to say the least, the best actress in whole British Columbia.

Once again, all the best and hopefully an Oscar (or two) cause you deserve it.
      ---

But if I add that to the "birthday card" you think Kamil (the webmaster) would delete it? He said he reserves the option of deleting it (his words: Finally, I reserve the right to refuse a message to be included in the greetings)*

He said he reserves the right, it doesn't mean he will (delete it).

So what do you think about my idea? A good idea? And the PS message isn't "over it" or has a change to be deleted. Is it a good "birthday card" for Amanda

Let me know what you think

*respectively cut for size*
      i reckon thats fine daivy, not inappropriate at all... besides it doesnt hurt to put it in, that way its up to kamil, and you havent missed the opportunity

Originally posted by VSS View Post
      Hi people,

Just dropping by to say that if you haven't picked up the CoTG Final Cut, do it! I've always felt they seriously shortchanged Sam in the pilot, but this helps a lot. Here's what I wrote in another thread:

My overall impression of the Final Cut is that, if you're a Sam fan, you've got to have this!

Others have mentioned the briefing room scene (BTW, those longer looks between Sam and Jack make the shipper in me happy) and cutting out part of that first ramp scene that make her look less like she wants to impress people. Goldsmith also cuts the goofy music when Jack pushes her through the gate which helps immensely with making her seem like a capable member of the team from the very start.

But there are several other small scenes that add to her character- in particular when she's looking at the DVD on Abydos while Jack and Daniel chat. There are some added shots there that convey her sense of wonder in looking at the DHD. Also, in the room with the cartouches- she whips out the camcorder and explain what she needs to do so that the part right before they escape through the gate and she holds up the camcorder saying "I've got what I need," finally makes sense. In this way, she clearly continues to be the gate authority from her introduction right on through recording the addresses to helping Ferretti and handling the computer analysis.

She comes across as a mature, competent individual (like she is in the rest of the series) and if for no other reason, I'd pick up this DVD.
      ill definately be buying the final cut... and for this very reason - to see sam handled in a manner more fitting the character...

i would have been happy had it just been that line they changed, so im glad to hear they have done a recut makeover on sam... from what ive read they have done a much better job at portraying sam in the pilot to be more in line with the character we all know and love... so to me all these changes are an added bonus and i cant wait to see the final cut...
      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
        Hey everyone Sorry to intrude!

I'm making a vid with Sam where she gets really angry and suits up to go hunt someone down (yeah, it's kind of crackish ) and I really need clips of her gearing up (like getting into her action BDU's, holstering a zat, etc). Do you guys know of any such clips? It can be from any season, any situation, I just need it to be (preferably) on-base or out in the civilian world.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
        urgo, they all geared up
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Just checking in to say hi to everyone! I've been online a lot less this past couple of months, due to lots of crazy/scary/exciting things happening in my neck of the woods. I check into Facebook a couple of times a day, but forum activity is about nil these days!

Anyway... popped in to say hi and check what people are saying about the new CotG. I wasn't going to bother, but judging by the response on here, it might be worth it.

Can't believe Kamil's campaign has started already! He's really getting organised early this year, huh?

Anyway, hope everyone is well and safe.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
            She wasn't really angry in these scenes, but the first that I can think of Sam arming herself on base are Hathor, Foothold and Avatar, and in civvies Nightwalkers and Affinity come to mind, and maybe the Curse.
            Oooh those are all fantastic suggestions! She doens't actually need to look angry, just gearing up will work and all those eps have what I need I believe! Thanks so much for you help!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            urgo, they all geared up
            Thanks!
            ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

The Sanctuary panel from Comic Con is on Veoh.
              http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/ca...833879Sr9p3WPA

You have to install their web player to see/download the entire video. It's 450MB.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

Hi people,

Just dropping by to say that if you haven't picked up the CoTG Final Cut, do it! I've always felt they seriously shortchanged Sam in the pilot, but this helps a lot. Here's what I wrote in another thread:

My overall impression of the Final Cut is that, if you're a Sam fan, you've got to have this!

Others have mentioned the briefing room scene (BTW, those longer looks between Sam and Jack make the shipper in me happy) and cutting out part of that first ramp scene that make her look less like she wants to impress people. Goldsmith also cuts the goofy music when Jack pushes her through the gate which helps immensely with making her seem like a capable member of the team from the very start.

But there are several other small scenes that add to her character- in particular when she's looking at the DVD on Abydos while Jack and Daniel chat. There are some added shots there that convey her sense of wonder in looking at the DHD. Also, in the room with the cartouches- she whips out the camcorder and explain what she needs to do so that the part right before they escape through the gate and she holds up the camcorder saying "I've got what I need," finally makes sense. In this way, she clearly continues to be the gate authority from her introduction right on through recording the addresses to helping Ferretti and handling the computer analysis.

She comes across as a mature, competent individual (like she is in the rest of the series) and if for no other reason, I'd pick up this DVD.
                You make some good points, but I'm still not sure about it. I mean, those scenes that you talked about I liked just the way they were, I'm still not too happy about Sam's reproductive organs line being cut, I always thought that scene were jack pushes her into the gate was really cute and funny, especially with the music I always thought it helped the tone of the scene, and those other things you said. I guess I need to see it for myself and decided if I like it or not. Thanks for the review .

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                For the most part I liked the way it was redone. Though I wish they would have kept the MacGyver line. I always got a kick out of that. And pop culture references always bring a reality to a show.
                The MacGyver line doesn't really bother me as much as the other Sam lines, but it's not something that'll eat at me .

You have to install their web player to see/download the entire video. It's 450MB.
                My friend, you are too good to us , first the Sanctuary trailer, now this . But I can't see it just yet, the sound on my lap-top is broken and I have to get it fixed first . I'm going to be copying ALL my Amanda vids, pics and other Amanda related stuff on to disks before I sent my lap-top in to get it fixed . Btw, I don't suppose you have the other Stargate cons from the past few years on that thing do you? Specifically the ones with Amanda?

In other news, today I bought season 1, 3 and 5 of Atlantis, I bought S2 yesterday, and I've had S4 (Sam's season) for a while now . I now have all the Stargate movies and episodes, my collection is complete . Well, almost... I still need to add Amanda to it .

Comment

Cool! Downloading now ... looking forward to watching it tonight Thank you!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                    Just checking in to say hi to everyone! I've been online a lot less this past couple of months, due to lots of crazy/scary/exciting things happening in my neck of the woods. I check into Facebook a couple of times a day, but forum activity is about nil these days!
                    Anyway... popped in to say hi and check what people are saying about the new CotG. I wasn't going to bother, but judging by the response on here, it might be worth it.
                    Can't believe Kamil's campaign has started already! He's really getting organised early this year, huh?
                    Anyway, hope everyone is well and safe.
                    Tracy!!!! I had a dream with you in it last night. Fair dinkum....we were crying a lot. Weird thing was, I don't know why we were crying. I know we were at a hospital and my hubby's grandmother was there and she was...well she had passed away with a broken leg. Ok...so maybe that was why I was crying but I have no idea why you were there and why you were crying too...really weird!!! But how weird is it that I dream of you and then...pop...here you are!!
                    Good to see you around!!

So...it's kinda quiet in here...too quiet!!!!!
                    Ok...off to watch the Sanctuary panel from Comic Con...thus far it's awesome!!!!
                    (((Samandans)))
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Amanda has a bruise on her right arm...apparently as a result from a stunt while filming....of you watch the Sanctuary panel video you can actually see it and she points to it. Impressive...I love bruises and such...war wounds are fun.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        Tracy!!!! I had a dream with you in it last night. Fair dinkum....we were crying a lot. Weird thing was, I don't know why we were crying. I know we were at a hospital and my hubby's grandmother was there and she was...well she had passed away with a broken leg. Ok...so maybe that was why I was crying but I have no idea why you were there and why you were crying too...really weird!!! But how weird is it that I dream of you and then...pop...here you are!!
                        Good to see you around!!

So...it's kinda quiet in here...too quiet!!!!!
                        Ok...off to watch the Sanctuary panel from Comic Con...thus far it's awesome!!!!
                        (((Samandans)))
                        Wow, that is kind of a strange dream . I've had 2 Stargate dreams in the past 2 nights , but they weren't Sam centred . I was apart of them team, and my dreams were actually SG-1 episodes like threshold and.... I forget . But I'd love to gave a Grace Under pressure dream.

Amanda has a bruise on her right arm...apparently as a result from a stunt while filming....if you watch the Sanctuary panel video you can actually see it and she points to it. Impressive...I love bruises and such...war wounds are fun.
                        Poor Amanda, I haven't seen the panel yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it . There's like nothing Amanda wouldn't do for her job, dye her hair, cut her pay, work long hard hours, and take bruises, this woman deserves a medal .

Btw, with my PSW training I'm sure I can treat that bruise on her arm, just like I treated those on her legs . And trust me, I did a good job .

Sometimes I forget those bruises are there .

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                          Oooh those are all fantastic suggestions! She doens't actually need to look angry, just gearing up will work and all those eps have what I need I believe! Thanks so much for you help!

Thanks!
                          And there's always In the Line of Duty if that hasn't been mentioned yet. I love Sam/Jolinar telling Daniel & Teal'c to "step on it !"

Amanda has a bruise on her right arm...apparently as a result from a stunt while filming....of you watch the Sanctuary panel video you can actually see it and she points to it. Impressive...I love bruises and such...war wounds are fun.

I'm impressed by AT's willingness to throw herself into her work too. Just like she was willing to do a lot of the high work in Trio even though she was afraid of heights b/c she knew it would look better. Glad it was only a bruise. (((Amanda)))

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            only a cameo? i hope its with Rick that she makes her cameo with.
                            Yeah, I kinda hope the same, but I'm going to be skeptical so as not to be disapointed

Is there a transcript of the Sanctuary panel online anywhere?
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Hi people,

Just dropping by to say that if you haven't picked up the CoTG Final Cut, do it! I've always felt they seriously shortchanged Sam in the pilot, but this helps a lot. <snip>
                              I've seen it. Some parts I applaud while others I'm not really sure about.

The briefing room scene where the famous line Sam speaks is taken out seems a bit odd in the splicing imo. I mean, one moment she'd defending herself in what military experience she has and then, amongst all the long looks between her and Jack TPTB felt needed to be added, Jack out of the blue mentions that her being a woman shouldnt be a reason not to be considered part of the team. I mean, where did this come from? Taking out Sam's 'reproductive organs' line makes this one seem totally random and a bit odd to me.

The scene on the ramp before Jack pushes her through the gate for the first time stands out for me more because of the sudden cry of Sam as she gets pushed through it. Not sure if that was added or already there in the original cut, but I kinda wish it wasnt. I know its quibbling, but for me it makes Sam seem a bit less tough I guess or 'girly' and coming not too long after the briefing room scene, in a small way it discounts what she was trying to establish with the men there.

The scenes with her camcorder I was happy to see though. They do make her seem very intelligent, very capable and authoritative about the gate which, imo, comes full circle to a line spoken of my Hammond in the briefing room before she arrives in which he states how she is the 'gate expert.' It totally fits together now.

All in all though, it's very watchable and I'd recommend anyone to watch it at least once, if just to see what they think about it themselves and form their own opinions.
                              Last edited by Celandine; 29 July 2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                I've seen it. Some parts I applaud while others I'm not really sure about.

The briefing room scene where the famous line Sam speaks is taken out seems a bit odd in the splicing imo. I mean, one moment she'd defending herself in what military experience she has and then, amongst all the long looks between her and Jack TPTB felt needed to be added, Jack out of the blue mentions that her being a woman shouldnt be a reason not to be considered part of the team. I mean, where did this come from? Taking out Sam's 'reproductive organs' line makes this one seem totally random and a bit odd to me.
                                I've only seen the briefing room scene and I have to agree that Jack's line is very odd and out of the blue now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X