No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, when I'm writing this I'm one click away from sending Kamil the birthday greeting for Amanda. I copied it from my previous post here. So for the ones who didn't read that post, here's the final version:

Dear webmaster, below you’ll find the birthday message I wrote for Amanda.

Hey Amanda!

I want to wish you a very very ... very happy birthday.

Let there be cake, presents, flowers... everything you seem fit so your birthday will be a day you'll never forget.
    May all your wishes and desires come true, and let the candles on your cake be blown out in the first effort.

Daivy Deglin
    Belgium

PS Your my favorite actress and, in my humble opinion, to say the least, the best actress in whole British Columbia.

Once again, all the best and hopefully an Emmy (or two), cause you really deserve it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any problems, or remarks with the birthday wish, you may always write back. Then I’ll respond to it as soon as I can .

Greetings,

Daivy

---

He said that the message should be adressed to Amanda. By referring to the message as below, and below being put in bold I hope it's obvious. + the message is in Purple/ Violet (I was thinking of orange but orange on a bright background....). He doesn't gonna delete a mail where the first line is: below you'll find.... will he?

Well if there are problems, he may alway send a mail back.

I'll keep you posted guys. And thanks for the support and feedback. Just wanted to know it was OK. (what I was gonna say to her)

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      I've only seen the briefing room scene and I have to agree that Jack's line is very odd and out of the blue now.
      I agree. It doesn't make sense anymore.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        slightly on topic

Time for a reminder

those going to AT3, those that can't, remember to save those postage stamps to go to Hearing Dogs
        I've actually collected quite a few. Must be that my fellow luddites and I still use the old fashioned stamp!

I'm surprised more folks in this thread don't use stamps considering how much they like licking.

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
        http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo186/jasmina_Go/Photoshop/sigs/128.jpg

Wow..this banner is great. May I use it for my signature on another forum ? I will give you a credit.

And now, hello Amanda´s Fans. Greetings from great fan of her. :-) May I join us ? Even if my english sucks , I love talking with anotehr fans of StarGate :-)
        Hello! A very warm welcome to the thread. Don't worry about your english. Some of the talk in this thread is techobabble and I don't understand it.

Originally posted by VSS View Post
        Hi people,

Just dropping by to say that if you haven't picked up the CoTG Final Cut, do it! I've always felt they seriously shortchanged Sam in the pilot, but this helps a lot. Here's what I wrote in another thread:

My overall impression of the Final Cut is that, if you're a Sam fan, you've got to have this!

Others have mentioned the briefing room scene (BTW, those longer looks between Sam and Jack make the shipper in me happy) and cutting out part of that first ramp scene that make her look less like she wants to impress people. Goldsmith also cuts the goofy music when Jack pushes her through the gate which helps immensely with making her seem like a capable member of the team from the very start.

But there are several other small scenes that add to her character- in particular when she's looking at the DVD on Abydos while Jack and Daniel chat. There are some added shots there that convey her sense of wonder in looking at the DHD. Also, in the room with the cartouches- she whips out the camcorder and explain what she needs to do so that the part right before they escape through the gate and she holds up the camcorder saying "I've got what I need," finally makes sense. In this way, she clearly continues to be the gate authority from her introduction right on through recording the addresses to helping Ferretti and handling the computer analysis.

She comes across as a mature, competent individual (like she is in the rest of the series) and if for no other reason, I'd pick up this DVD.
        Thanks for the post. I was sitting on the fence but went out yesterday and bought it with some of my birthday cash.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        For the most part I liked the way it was redone. Though I wish they would have kept the MacGyver line. I always got a kick out of that. And pop culture references always bring a reality to a show.
        Sorry to hear that line is gone. Thought it was a great line. Wasn't it an adlib from AT?

Originally posted by katjoy View Post

ill definately be buying the final cut... and for this very reason - to see sam handled in a manner more fitting the character...

i would have been happy had it just been that line they changed, so im glad to hear they have done a recut makeover on sam... from what ive read they have done a much better job at portraying sam in the pilot to be more in line with the character we all know and love... so to me all these changes are an added bonus and i cant wait to see the final cut...
        I'm glad they cut that line. I started watching SG1 in season 4 and it was years before I got season 1 on DVD. I remember being surprised to hear that line from Sam. That was not the Sam I knew from watching the show. Was happy to hear AT had talked to TPTB to tell them women don't talk like that.

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        Just checking in to say hi to everyone! I've been online a lot less this past couple of months, due to lots of crazy/scary/exciting things happening in my neck of the woods. I check into Facebook a couple of times a day, but forum activity is about nil these days!

Anyway... popped in to say hi and check what people are saying about the new CotG. I wasn't going to bother, but judging by the response on here, it might be worth it.

Can't believe Kamil's campaign has started already! He's really getting organised early this year, huh?

Anyway, hope everyone is well and safe.
        Hey, welcome back.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hey guys, like I said yesterday my Startgate collection is now complete (minus Amanda though ), but I thought I'd come by and show you the pics of my collection of DVD's I took last night .

Here's some group shots of all of the DVD's on the floor-
          Spoiler:

Now here's some close-up shots of just the SG-1 DVD's -

Spoiler:

I love how the flash from the camera lights up the puddle on the gate, it looks so cool . Also, you can see Amanda's auto on the AoT and Continuum DVD covers , and the XOXO she wrote to me................. *Sigh*

And here's a pic of the SG-1 DVD's inside the book holder-
          Spoiler:

There's more of them on the back .

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            I've actually collected quite a few. Must be that my fellow luddites and I still use the old fashioned stamp!

I'm surprised more folks in this thread don't use stamps considering how much they like licking.
            We non-luddites pay bills online.

And licking is fun. Just not stamps. They taste icky. Besides, all my stamps are self-stick.

Sorry to hear that line is gone. Thought it was a great line. Wasn't it an adlib from AT?
            I thought that was in the script. The Macgyver outtake for Solitudes was AT.
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

i don't even think you can buy lick and stick stamps anymore
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                i don't even think you can buy lick and stick stamps anymore
                When stamps are bought individually over here, they are torn off a sheet and have to be licked. Heeee! When bought in boxes, they are stickers.
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

New vid of Amanda from Comic Con- Stargate's Amanda Tapping (Comic-Con 2009)

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    And there's always In the Line of Duty if that hasn't been mentioned yet. I love Sam/Jolinar telling Daniel & Teal'c to "step on it !"
                    That was a cool bit, and I loved Daniel and Teal'c's reactions to that line.

I'm impressed by AT's willingness to throw herself into her work too. Just like she was willing to do a lot of the high work in Trio even though she was afraid of heights b/c she knew it would look better. Glad it was only a bruise. (((Amanda)))
                    I think it was near the end of the Sanctuary panel that AT said something about how she's a person who should have never been allowed to do her own stunts, but she's been able to do it for 13 years.

I've got some free time tonight, so I can give transcribing the panel a shot if anyone's interested.

I believe the MacGyver reference in COTG was an adlib by AT, the script had jerry-rig, I think. I'm also sad that the recut version doesn't have that line, I got a big kick out of it when I first saw the episode.

sigpic

Comment

I'm going to the con in Melbourne in October with Amanda Tapping headlining. Can't wait!!! Completely worth getting over my fear of flying for!

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                        I believe the MacGyver reference in COTG was an adlib by AT, the script had jerry-rig, I think. I'm also sad that the recut version doesn't have that line, I got a big kick out of it when I first saw the episode.
                        I think I read that too.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                          The Sanctuary panel from Comic Con is on Veoh.
                          http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/ca...833879Sr9p3WPA

You have to install their web player to see/download the entire video. It's 450MB.
                          thanks for the link have only watched the first 5 minutes so far, but as usual ATs reactions and responses are too cute

im sad to hear the macgyver adlib is gone as well...

II'm glad they cut that line. I started watching SG1 in season 4 and it was years before I got season 1 on DVD. I remember being surprised to hear that line from Sam. That was not the Sam I knew from watching the show. Was happy to hear AT had talked to TPTB to tell them women don't talk like that.
                          took the words right out of my mouth... cause i started watching in s4 as well and by the time i saw the pilot and heard that line i was like what the heck, thats terrible and sooooo not sam... it still makes me cringe every time i hear it so im glad its gone... im also forever grateful to AT for standing up for herself and sam from the get go (((((AMANDA)))))
                          Last edited by katjoy; 30 July 2009, 03:25 AM.
                          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I did this quiz on FB tonight..."What Your Birth Month Says About You"...I thought it was weird how a lot of my month just didn't feel like me so I figured that seeings how I was born on the first day of the month, maybe I was late and I should have been born in August...well that seemed to suit me better but wow...August is definitely Amanda's month...

August:
                            * Loves to joke
                            * Attractive
                            * Suave and caring
                            * Brave and fearless
                            * Firm and has leadership qualities
                            * Knows how to console others
                            * Too generous and egoistic
                            * Takes high pride of oneself
                            * Thirsty for praises
                            * Extraordinary spirit
                            * Easily angered
                            * Angry when provoked
                            * Easily jealous
                            * Observant
                            * Careful and cautious
                            * Thinks quickly
                            * Independent thoughts
                            * Loves to lead and to be led
                            * Loves to dream
                            * Talented in the arts, music and defence
                            * Sensitive but not petty
                            * Poor resistance against illnesses
                            * Learns to relax
                            * Hasty and rushy
                            * Romantic
                            * Loving and caring
                            * Loves to make friends

Ok...so there are a few that are sooo not Amanda...I think that's where I pick up the slack!!
                            On the other hand....maybe I am definitely a September baby!

(((Samandans)))
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Nintendos View Post
                              I'm going to the con in Melbourne in October with Amanda Tapping headlining. Can't wait!!! Completely worth getting over my fear of flying for!
                              Congrats to you, and good luck .

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              I did this quiz on FB tonight..."What Your Birth Month Says About You"...I thought it was weird how a lot of my month just didn't feel like me so I figured that seeings how I was born on the first day of the month, maybe I was late and I should have been born in August...well that seemed to suit me better but wow...August is definitely Amanda's month...

August:
                              * Loves to joke
                              * Attractive
                              * Suave and caring
                              * Brave and fearless
                              * Firm and has leadership qualities
                              * Knows how to console others
                              * Too generous and egoistic
                              * Takes high pride of oneself
                              * Thirsty for praises
                              * Extraordinary spirit
                              * Easily angered
                              * Angry when provoked
                              * Easily jealous
                              * Observant
                              * Careful and cautious
                              * Thinks quickly
                              * Independent thoughts
                              * Loves to lead and to be led
                              * Loves to dream
                              * Talented in the arts, music and defence
                              * Sensitive but not petty
                              * Poor resistance against illnesses
                              * Learns to relax
                              * Hasty and rushy
                              * Romantic
                              * Loving and caring
                              * Loves to make friends

Ok...so there are a few that are sooo not Amanda...I think that's where I pick up the slack!!
                              On the other hand....maybe I am definitely a September baby!

(((Samandans)))
                              Hmm... I lets see which ones are Amanda:

* Attractive -- Most definitely!
                              * Suave and caring -- Absolutely!
                              * Brave and fearless -- Not to sure, she's almost always nervous, but she takes risks.
                              * Firm and has leadership qualities -- That has .
                              * Knows how to console others -- She *is* consider to me a mentor and a role model after all.
                              * Too generous and egoistic -- That's our Amanda.
                              * Takes high pride of oneself -- Sometimes she does, but not as much as she should.
                              * Thirsty for praises -- Not our Amanda, she's not thirsty money, fame or power, she does this for her fans.
                              * Extraordinary spirit-- I could not agree more.
                              * Easily angered -- Yeah right, she takes it like a pro.
                              * Angry when provoked -- It would take a lot to do that.
                              * Easily jealous -- I'm going to have to say no.
                              * Observant -- Well, she is very hands on in her job, and smart.
                              * Careful and cautious -- When is she not?
                              * Thinks quickly -- That's one of the best things about her.
                              * Independent thoughts -- Hmm, depends I guess, but she's very open.
                              * Loves to lead and to be led -- She *is* a great team leader and team player.
                              * Loves to dream -- Do you mean she loves to dream, or we love to dream about her?
                              * Talented in the arts, music and defence --
                              * Sensitive but not petty -- She's very sensitive about herself and others, and she's no way petty.
                              * Poor resistance against illnesses -- The only time I know she was sick in S9, not sure about any other time.
                              * Learns to relax -- Her relax? When? She works like 30 hours a day?
                              * Hasty and rushy -- Nope, she's careful and consistent.
                              * Romantic -- In so many ways.
                              * Loving and caring -- Yep, that's her alright.
                              * Loves to make friends -- Oh, of course, not to mention fans.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

I liked it too--and not just b/c the MacGyver reference was cute. It really showed Sam's amazement and enthusiasm about the DHD (iirc).

Comment

Working...
                                X