No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the comments majorsal and others have made about Doris Day and Amanda. So, I went picture hunting. This pic was before the Pillow Talk era, but the similarity in their poses was kinda fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      You are so on tonight Sal. AT would be a perfect "girl next door" type, with loads of quiet sex appeal. I think I could see her with various British actors, like Pierce Brosnan, Hugh (oh darn, I'm blanking on his name...starred with Sandra Bullock in Two Weeks Notice), and Rupert (I'm losing it, I can't remember his last name either...FOO!). I can't see her with Brad Pitt or Russell Crowe, no way, no how. If she does decide to give the big screen a try, I hope she finds just the right script and co-star. I'll pay to see her.

I think I've hogged the thread enough for one night.

Thanks for the great questions and comments, everyone!
      It's Hugh Grand and Rupert Everett. Loved him in My bestfriend's wedding. He's the reason the movie was fun to watch.
      sigpic
      There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
      If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
      If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
      If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i wonder what the scene will be like when sam just 'walks through the door' in her return in beach head? Probably an official visit to the new commanding officer in dress blues. Or in fatigues in the middle of the action going straight to someone for precisions on what's the problem.

what will sam's relationship with mitchell be like? Apparently, they know one another well. It will be friendly and respectful

did teal'c and daniel refuse to officially rejoin sg1 without sam? Huh!!!??? They'll certainly be commenting on it

will sam and vala like and respect each other? (i hope they do) Actually, I feel it's gonna be cats and dogs. Not Sam/Mackay style, but close, giving the nature of Vala. Sam's not very patient with that kind of personna, no ?

will sam like landry's leadership? Probably.

will sam command sg1? Now, that one really tickles me

will sam still be in the military? I hope so. If not, there's no chance she'll be commanding SG1

does sam get infected with the plague in 'the fourth horsemen'? At first, I thought so, but then I learned that she's trying to find a cure with Dr Lee. I'm thinking that maybe Jack, or Cassie, or at least someone close to her, will be sick, putting her under emotional strain. And if Orlin's being played with by the Ori, it might not be helping. Though if you're sick, you might want to find a cure, so maybe she's infected. The truth is, we have no idea what this plague is about and what are de symptoms

will sam have a scene with baal in ex deus machina? Would be fun to watch

in 'the fourth horseman', what does 'Sam struggles to help save the world under an incredible emotional strain' mean for sam carter?

in 'the fourth horseman, orlin's mind comes under attack by the supernatural powers of the Ori; will this happen to sam as well?

what is sam's future with the sg1? Great, I hope

what is sam's future with sgc? Same answer

what is my future with this show? Hope you continue to watch and enjoy it

sally
        15 days remaining
        sigpic
        If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
        If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
        If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
          I agree with the comments majorsal and others have made about Doris Day and Amanda. So, I went picture hunting. This pic was before the Pillow Talk era, but the similarity in their poses was kinda fun.

This is great! I think AT has much more depth as an actress though ... she moves past all the fluff and perkiness. DD was a product of her times and never seemed to be given anything of real weight regarding drama and angst. Amanda has an intelligence and presence that draws you in beyond her physical beauty, and I would never picture her singing "Que sera, sera"! DD was a bit too "sugar coated" for me.

I'm with MajorSal and Lida regarding a proper leading man: RDA himself or Pierce Brosnan or Hugh Grant or Rupert Everett.

Although, in my heart of hearts, I think a romantic comedy or even drama with AT and RDA on the big screen would be a winner! Hollywood ... listen up!

Comment

SciFi has updated their web site for the upcoming season 9. They have new character bios and a few new downloads.

Here is the new intro they have about Stargate:
            (Lets see how long it takes them to discover they have Mitchell's rank wrong on this page - they have him as a Lt.Colonel on the character bio.)
            Step through the stargate with SG-1, a team of soldiers and scientists, as they travel instantaneously to other planets to explore, forge alliances, defuse crises, establish trade, investigate ancient mysteries, and defend Earth from such hostile forces as the Goa'uld and the Replicators.

For eight years, from their base at the U.S. Air Force's Stargate Command in the Rocky Mountains, Gen. Jack O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson), Dr. Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks), Lt. Col. Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping), and alien warrior Teal'c (Christopher Judge) have braved everything that the universe has thrown at them, from interstellar war and evil twins to death and ascension.

But changes are coming to SG-1 as it begins its ninth year of fearless service to Earth. New faces are joining the team: Maj. Cameron Mitchell (Ben Browder) will try to fill the very big shoes of former SG-1 leader O'Neill (who is now in charge in Homeworld Security), while Gen. Hank Landry (Beau Bridges) must adapt to the unique challenges of running Stargate Command, a posting unlike any other the military has to offer.

Offworld, SG-1 might have new friends — or new foes — in Vala (Claudia Black), a former Goa'uld host turned freedom-fighter; and Gerack (Louis Gossett Jr.), a Jaffa leader who vies with Teal'c for political control of the new Jaffa nation.

Here is the new wallpaper they have for S9

For other updates go check out them out SciFi Channel Stargate
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Hello Samanda

I just bought the season 1 and 2 dvd sets and watched COTG. It was fun to look at it after 8 years. It's still as good. Full frontal nudity I didn't remember though, and I'm not sure it was that necessary. My husband liked it though I was wondering if there had been a mentionned somewhere that Sam watched MacGyver, and there it was. When she getting excited at the DHD.

Sam: It took us fifteen years and three supercomputers to MacGyver a way to power the gate.

I was also pleased to see that there was a French audio track on the first season, but disappointed that they didn't care to put it on the other seasons. (same thing for the MacGyver dvds by the way )

Though I'm not thrilled with the translation. the MacGyver part was translated by "to create a way to power the gate"

Which reminds me of "point of view" (not sure it's the right title) when Kowalsky says, about sime "she's my bestfriend's wife". Turned out in French "she's my wife's best friend" Not exactly the same impact. Much better to listen to it in English.

I vote for cake no 3. It has a kind of animated character look, somehow. I'm sure Jack would enjoy
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31

You are amazing! That is the perfect pairing of pics!

And I also agree, a movie with either RDA, Hugh Grant (who reminds me of a young Cary Grant, same type of humor) or Rupert Everett would be great. As Hollywood seems bent on remakes lately, how about a Doris Day remake, but updated? I know a few spoofs have been done, but DD did make some classic comedies in the 50's and 60's. Might be fun to do one with AT. Just a thought. I think I remember one with James Garner ( The Thrill of it All?), where DD wears a backless orange sequin gown.....that would look FANTASTIC on AT. I could be wrong about the exact movie, but I do remember that gown!

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                  I'm so very happy you all seem to possess great sense's of humor, because you're going to need them. Below, please peruse, at your convenience, the 6 "special" occasion cakes and pick which one you think would be best for Sam and, er, um, you know who. I want to be prepared, should the time come when we need it. I hestitate to call it the Pick the Wedding Cake Contest, as it might jinx the deal, so how about the Great Cake Pick?

Have fun and if you don't like any, let me know. I'm not sure how it would be best to cast votes, so I'm open to suggestions.

1. Traditional
                  2. Fantasy
                  3. Flowery
                  4. Art Deco
                  5. Unusual
                  6. Totally Whacked Out!
                  OK, once again, I need to pull myself from the thread this AM, but I wanted to recap the votes so far. And I have a question....do we have a Royal Seamstress? It was pointed out to me, and rightly so, that if we have a cake ready, a dress would be nice too (hint hint).

OK, the votes:

1. Traditional 0
                  2. Fantasy 4
                  3. Flowery 5
                  4. Art Deco 0
                  5. Unusual 2
                  6. T.W.O. 2

We'll keep the voting going over the weekend, to make sure everyone gets a chance to decide.

Comment

OK, once again, I need to pull myself from the thread this AM, but I wanted to recap the votes so far. And I have a question....do we have a Royal Seamstress? It was pointed out to me, and rightly so, that if we have a cake ready, a dress would be nice too (hint hint).
                    Well, I can't sew, but I can shop!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
                      15 days remaining
                      AND ONLY
                      50 MORE DAYS
                      UNTIL
                      SAM WALKS THROUGH THE DOOR
                      IN BEACH HEAD

SO DON'T FORGET
                      TO SET YOUR VCR/DVR/TIVO'S
                      FOR AUGUST 19TH!!!

Edit: So am I the only person who is slightly irritated by team picture they have up on the SCIFI webpage? Not only do they use a really old picture of Sam, what is that like season 6? But they didn't even photoshop her in well enough to really see her. She's like this tiny thing stuck behind all these huge men. I mean I know Teal'c is in the back as well but he's so massive that he stands out well above everyone else and at least it's a more current photo of him. But maybe that was the best picture they could find of her looking down. Shrug. *Happy place...going to find my happy place*
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 01 July 2005, 08:47 AM.

Comment

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY to the CITIZENS OF SAMANDA

pic fr myrth

to all not celebrating 4th ...have a great day with our Queen

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                          Well, I can't sew, but I can shop!!
                          I have a feeling MANY on the this thread can shop. Does that mean we need a Royal Shopper, instead of a Royal Seamstress? If so, I nominate Chevron Seven.

Comment

I have a feeling MANY on the this thread can shop. Does that mean we need a Royal Shopper, instead of a Royal Seamstress? If so, I nominate Chevron Seven.
                            I'd be honored, if I were to be deemed Royal Shopper. My qualifications...uh, I can shop and I've had several people in my office ask me to help them find the perfect outfits for work, fun, etc...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              Here is the new wallpaper they have for S9

I couldn't take it anymore so I made my own version of this Promo.
                              It's not perfect, but I think it's much better than the original. At least Sam
                              doesn't look so out of place and insignificant now. The lighting is still really
                              weird, but not sure there is much I can do to fix that. Oh well.

Season 9 Promo
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 01 July 2005, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                I couldn't take it anymore so I made my own version of this Promo.
                                It's not perfect, but I think it's much better than the original. At least Sam
                                doesn't look so out of place and insignificant now. The lighting is still really
                                weird, but not sure there is much I can do to fix that. Oh well.

Season 9 Promo
                                The Stargate Project website has a new picture of Amanda, along with CJ and BB. There's also a team photo. It's really nice (except for Chris's hair. Oy.)

http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=310
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X