No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChopinGal, you were really "on" this evening. Your pics were hilarious, and thank you for remembering me. I loved the oven, it's exactly what I need, really....I'm not kidding. Was just hinting to hubby tonight, hey, think we need a new oven??? I'm very subtle when I hint.

OK, the vote for cakes, so far is:

1. Traditional 0
    2. Fantasy (ok, ribbons and flowers) 2
    3. Flowery 2
    4. Art Deco 0
    5. Unusual 1
    6. Totally Whacked Out 1

I have taken your suggestions into consideration, and will try to adjust cakes as recommended. Anyone with eyesight difficulties, enlargements are available upon request.

And Tokra's wonderful song is now going round and round, in my head...if I can't sleep tonight, because I'm still singing the song, a certain someone is going to pay!

Need to make it an early night. The oven is still hot from my preparations for the feast of the 4th!!! And I won't forget.....bratwurst!

Thanks, as always, for the laughs. You are all amazing!

Comment

Chopingal, what a lovely fairy tale you've given us tonight! We'll all have sweet dreams of our Queen, for sure!

Everyone, be sure to go back to the last post on page 519 to see what has been created for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        i go for 3, cause it'd be a small special occasion. i see a guest less of less than 50, possibly as small as 30

neither of them have the time to plan something large and ostentatous. small and intimate is the way to go
        i feel the same on all of it.

(edited): i've changed my mind. i pick number 2. but i still feel the same about the small occasion thinger.

sally
        Last edited by majorsal; 30 June 2005, 07:06 PM.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
          OK, we have 2 votes, in......(taps her foot). Well, VOTE! Just kidding.

And did someone want Aliens? OK, I'll try......but not grey ones, alright?
          I vote for number 3. Great for a small gathering.
          sigpic

Comment

I just had to pop in for a quickie.....not that kind of quickie...really.

I have 2 boxes of green jello now! I looked up and there they were. My thanks to everyone who gave me green....(grins like an idiot). See, it doesn't take much to make me happy. I don't feel like a newbie any longer.

Ok, remember, to keep voting.....I'm tallying. So far, Number 3 is in front of the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              LOL, I'm so sorry bout the pictures of the house and pool. I was showing a friend the pictures of the new puppy and decided it was easier to add pics of the landscaping job to my yard on the site as well rather than email them to her. I totally forgot I had posted the site and people might be looking at them. I promise to keep things more OT in the future. I just couldn't pass up showing you my new puppy. She's really a sweetie (though you wouldn't believe it by the way she is whining at the moment.)
              I was one who also loved looking at your pictures
              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
              Hic Comitas Regit
              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Here's a new collage for your viewing pleasure.

Amanda

Hope you like,
                Kat

A big thank you goes out to Myrth for all the wonderful photos of Amanda she shared with us.
                This is beautiful

Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

ChopinGal, you were really "on" this evening. Your pics were hilarious, and thank you for remembering me. I loved the oven, it's exactly what I need, really....I'm not kidding. Was just hinting to hubby tonight, hey, think we need a new oven??? I'm very subtle when I hint.

OK, the vote for cakes, so far is:

1. Traditional 0
                  2. Fantasy (ok, ribbons and flowers) 2
                  3. Flowery 2
                  4. Art Deco 0
                  5. Unusual 1
                  6. Totally Whacked Out 1

I have taken your suggestions into consideration, and will try to adjust cakes as recommended. Anyone with eyesight difficulties, enlargements are available upon request.

And Tokra's wonderful song is now going round and round, in my head...if I can't sleep tonight, because I'm still singing the song, a certain someone is going to pay!

Need to make it an early night. The oven is still hot from my preparations for the feast of the 4th!!! And I won't forget.....bratwurst!

Thanks, as always, for the laughs. You are all amazing!
                  Glad you liked the Royal Gift. May your hubby take the hint! It was so much fun to take your cake idea and run with it!

And thank you, too, for adding to the merriment on this thread! I can hardly wait to see what our Fourth of July feast will look like!

Comment

I'm so very happy you all seem to possess great sense's of humor, because you're going to need them. Below, please peruse, at your convenience, the 6 "special" occasion cakes and pick which one you think would be best for Sam and, er, um, you know who. I want to be prepared, should the time come when we need it. I hestitate to call it the Pick the Wedding Cake Contest, as it might jinx the deal, so how about the Great Cake Pick?

Have fun and if you don't like any, let me know. I'm not sure how it would be best to cast votes, so I'm open to suggestions.

1. Traditional
                    2. Fantasy
                    3. Flowery
                    4. Art Deco
                    5. Unusual
                    6. Totally Whacked Out!
                    I like cake #5. Unusual but tasteful

Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

[QUOTE=sg-1fanintn]Not to change the subject away from the important topic of cake, but as Royal Researcher, I have found something I feel the Kingdom should see. For those of you who have been here for awhile, it will be a pleasant memory. For our many newbies (including me!), it will just be pleasant. I found this lovely song, penned by Tok'ra Hostess, for the Kingdom:

Enchanted Kingdom, eh...?

Okay, as sung to the tune of It's a small world after all:

It's a thread of laughter
                      A thread of cheer
                      We post all our hopes
                      And some of our fears
                      There's so much that we share
                      It's because we're aware
                      This is Sam's thread after all

There is just one Forum
                      And one golden thread
                      And blue Jello is free
                      To ev-er-y friend
                      Though the fandom divide
                      This thread will abide
                      'Cause it's Sam's thread after all

(Sing it with me!)

I really think this is so cute.

And ChopinGal, your story was wonderful!

I know I've said this before but I must repeat myself. This is one group of amazing and talented (or amazingly talented) people. I'm very glad to have found this thread.

Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I'm so very happy you all seem to possess great sense's of humor, because you're going to need them. Below, please peruse, at your convenience, the 6 "special" occasion cakes and pick which one you think would be best for Sam and, er, um, you know who. I want to be prepared, should the time come when we need it. I hestitate to call it the Pick the Wedding Cake Contest, as it might jinx the deal, so how about the Great Cake Pick?

Have fun and if you don't like any, let me know. I'm not sure how it would be best to cast votes, so I'm open to suggestions.

1. Traditional
                        2. Fantasy
                        3. Flowery
                        4. Art Deco
                        5. Unusual
                        6. Totally Whacked Out!
                        Hmmm, this is a difficult choice. I'm torn between no.5, as the whole darn relationship has been somewhat "unusual", but if it does come to pass, it will be a "fantasy". Choices, always choices....number 2, I think. Now, is it chocolate or vanilla cake based?
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          A Royal Mid-Summer Night's Tale

As the Royal Chef and her devoted staff worked long into the night,

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ndaKitchen.jpg

Samandans were kicking up their heels while waiting for the imminent return of their Queen ....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ChorusLine.jpg

Murray and his Merry Minstrels were persuaded to return and provide some great entertainment!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dMinstrels.jpg

Royal Head of Security and his able assistants were on top of the situation, and hired additional security patrol for this special night of reveling and frolic ....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...daSecurity.jpg

The high point of the evening was the unveiling of the six celebratory cakes which Royal Chef had created.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...RoyalCakes.jpg

It was hoped that one of these cakes would also provide a future backdrop for the Queen and her not-so-secret admirer. Every Queen deserves a King, especially one who likes cake!

In fact, when weary Samandans went to sleep that night, they could almost picture a certain couple at a certain event ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...oyalCouple.jpg

With even more dancing and celebration ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...nGal/Dance.jpg

And the groom using his military prowess to cut the royal cake ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...uttingCake.jpg

However, the best part of the dream was the happy ending!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../LoveTheme.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../Fireworks.jpg

Not only did the Royal Couple live long and prosper, but the Royal Chef was awarded a special gift for her efforts in making the Samandan Royal Wedding such a memorable occasion!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...mandaStove.jpg

CG, I'm completely at loss for words. Once again you have outdone yourself.

Comment

wow, forever, what a sigpic!

*wonders how much plastic surgery she'd have to have to look like this?.... hmmm.... *
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              Enchanted Kingdom, eh...?

Okay, as sung to the tune of It's a small world after all:

It's a thread of laughter

A thread of cheer
                              We post all our hopes
                              And some of our fears
                              There's so much that we share
                              It's because we're aware

There is just one Forum
                              And one golden thread
                              And blue Jello is free
                              To ev-er-y friend
                              Though the fandom divide
                              This thread will abide
                              'Cause it's Sam's thread after all

(Sing it with me!)

Hey!! How did I manage to miss this little gem???
                              Remind me to give TH a big bowl of blue jello for this one, and one
                              for SG1Fanintn for finding again.

(Singing to self)
                              This...is...Sam's...Sam's...Sam's...Sam's....thread!!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                wow, forever, what a sigpic!

*wonders how much plastic surgery she'd have to have to look like this?.... hmmm.... *
                                I don't think there's enough money in the world to help me look this good, but we can dream can't we??? I have to admit, she's just so gosh darn purdy it makes me smile every time I look at her.

Comment

Working...
                                X