Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    Holy Cow, we go for months with no word about Amanda/Sam, and now even the National Enquirer has an article mentioning them!

    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13580

    NC
    Yay for the *savvy* bit

    Kinda funny how they're saying they're not bimbo's anymore...

    but then "torn between her boyfriend and her CO" ???

    And Shep/Teyla!?!?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

    But that's for another thread!

    Thanks for the info!!! If I had found that (in RL) I probably would have jumped/squealed rite there in the line up for the cashier! lol. I can't WAIT to get the massive slew of SG magazines comin out now that S9 is so close... (2 weeks! ) Although I won't be able to watch for a while... *sob*
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

    ^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

    Comment


      Originally posted by ChopinGal
      My Dear Madam President

      What a delight to have your energy sweep across Samanda once again. And I do apologize profoundly for the obviously inappropriate use of "the other" Canadian language used by the POTE (people of the East). You, like my adored Canadian son-in-law, come from the land of the western Rockies ... and are a hardy, proud, and fun-loving bunch with a great passion for your flag and country (as can be seen by your clever rendition of a strawberry-laden Maple Leaf cheesecake!) ... I can picture you playing "O Canada" on your saxophone right now and then cutting your cheesecake and indulging! The painted nails were a creative touch, indeed!

      Now, Madam President, after the weekend's festivities pass ... will you be dropping by more often with your social commentary and support of fellow Samandans ... or will you be off on those military maneuvers you spoke about recently?

      I think I speak for all Samandans when I say that your youthful exuberance and zest for life help make the kingdom of Samanda such a lovely and fun place to be!

      Godspeed!

      Jester


      Dearest Jester,

      Your kind words spark joy in my Canadian Heart. You’re apology is accepted… I suppose you could not have known… I trust from now on that “the other” language shall never again be mentioned Unless of course in relation to inhabitants of France, who are definitely a far cry from the POTE!

      My saxophone!? Oh my goodness, in the hustle and bustle of mad Canadian partying, I forgot to break out my dear instrument! However I most assuredly made up for it with my singing! I am every so pleased that you like my nails It has become a tradition these past… two years! (Perhaps I should say “is becoming” still?)

      I would greatly love to return to my dearest land of Samanda… but alas, on this Friday the 8th of July I must be off to the airport, to travel out to a 6 week Training Course!!! I return on the day of the 21st of August… but alas and woe, on the 23rd I commence a 2 week Theatre Intensive Training course, as I think I have mentioned, during which I shall be studying with Stargate’s own Tom McBeath, as well as some other very talented Vancouver theatre performers.

      Once again I thank you ever so much for your kind words. Having a happy joyful and prosperous Samanda is motivation in itself to try and spread some “youthful and exuberant zest for life”

      Madam President.
      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

      ^^Sam/Jack^^
      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

      Comment


        Originally posted by MajorSam


        Dearest Jester,

        Your kind words spark joy in my Canadian Heart. You’re apology is accepted… I suppose you could not have known… I trust from now on that “the other” language shall never again be mentioned Unless of course in relation to inhabitants of France, who are definitely a far cry from the POTE!

        My saxophone!? Oh my goodness, in the hustle and bustle of mad Canadian partying, I forgot to break out my dear instrument! However I most assuredly made up for it with my singing! I am every so pleased that you like my nails It has become a tradition these past… two years! (Perhaps I should say “is becoming” still?)

        I would greatly love to return to my dearest land of Samanda… but alas, on this Friday the 8th of July I must be off to the airport, to travel out to a 6 week Training Course!!! I return on the day of the 21st of August… but alas and woe, on the 23rd I commence a 2 week Theatre Intensive Training course, as I think I have mentioned, during which I shall be studying with Stargate’s own Tom McBeath, as well as some other very talented Vancouver theatre performers.

        Once again I thank you ever so much for your kind words. Having a happy joyful and prosperous Samanda is motivation in itself to try and spread some “youthful and exuberant zest for life”

        Madam President.
        Dear Pres

        This is exciting news indeed! And I don't recall your mentioning the acting workshop with Maybourne before!! What an opportunity for you. We may soon see you on Stargate if this keeps up!

        Please be careful on maneuvers and drop in on us whenever your busy life allows!

        May I ask one intriguing question: have you managed to see the new baby yet?!

        Fondly, Jester

        Comment


          Originally posted by MajorSam
          Yay for the *savvy* bit

          Kinda funny how they're saying they're not bimbo's anymore...

          but then "torn between her boyfriend and her CO" ???

          And Shep/Teyla!?!?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

          But that's for another thread!

          Thanks for the info!!! If I had found that (in RL) I probably would have jumped/squealed rite there in the line up for the cashier! lol. I can't WAIT to get the massive slew of SG magazines comin out now that S9 is so close... (2 weeks! ) Although I won't be able to watch for a while... *sob*
          My thoughts too ... but it is the National Enquirer, right? Don't think those reporters want to concentrate on the astrophysics and strong female characterization of Sam Carter ... I guess we should be grateful that AT is getting some press.

          Comment


            Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Dear Pres

            This is exciting news indeed! And I don't recall your mentioning the acting workshop with Maybourne before!! What an opportunity for you. We may soon see you on Stargate if this keeps up!

            Please be careful on maneuvers and drop in on us whenever your busy life allows!

            May I ask one intriguing question: have you managed to see the new baby yet?!

            Fondly, Jester
            I must have mentioned the workshop before!?!?!!!! I swear I have... And seeing me on Stargate!?!?? If only... but hey, never say never!!!!!

            Unfortunately at my training course I will have NO access to any computer technology at all, for the entire 6 weeks... If I wasn't bringing my discman I would basically have NO technology! Besides showers... and sinks... most of the time... *thinks of exercises out in the bushes* ah well, those are GREAT fun still!!!

            Have I seen the new baby???

            That's for me to know, and you to not

            Madame President


            Originally posted by ChopinGal
            My thoughts too ... but it is the National Enquirer, right? Don't think those reporters want to concentrate on the astrophysics and strong female characterization of Sam Carter ... I guess we should be grateful that AT is getting some press.
            Haha, indeed. I felt kinda miffed that they said "The beautiful tribe leader" or whatever for Teyla, but not "beautiful Lt. Colonel" I mean, come on, Amanda's gorgeous, the National Enquirer of all things should realize that



            Oh, ok, fine, No, I have NOT seen Olivia... yet
            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

            ^^Sam/Jack^^
            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

            Comment


              Originally posted by ChopinGal
              LOL Yippee ... another Samandan who may take the plunge and fly to London for GABIT! I just heard from one of the GABIT organizers who says that they are busy "behind the scenes" corresponding with AT and deciding on exactly when her schedule will allow for the event to be rescheduled (for the third, and I certainly hope, the last time)! Will keep you all posted if I hear anything specific.

              Perhaps Coley and 1speed4Sam can use their mountain bikes and cycle in to London for the event too! (Hint, hint!)

              Tara and her hubby are coming; my daughter and I should be still registered. And, depending on the target date, we will either be able to recommit and maybe Sky and Sue C., her fanfic friend, will be able to come too.

              We can book a table for Samanda if all goes well!
              For me it would all depend on when it is scheduled, and what my finances look like. But I've promised my partner a trip to England and Ireland at some point...

              My LJ

              Comment


                Originally posted by ChopinGal
                The secret is out ... Lida has shared the good news ... Another milestone event will be happening soon!






                Let's all give a shout
                On this weekend of fun
                That someone we know
                Will get the job done ...

                Post #1000 is about to appear
                From Kat, Royal Graphic Designer,
                Samandan so dear

                Since she is from the States
                (That's known to be true)
                A presentation of Beans
                In red, white, and blue!

                http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...JellyBeans.jpg

                Congratulations, Kat!


                Woo! Thanks Lida and Chopin Gal. Well here it is, my 1000th post and I can't express how much fun each and every one has been here among all of you. You ladies and gents truly are a great group of people.

                So in honor of this momentous occassion, at least for me, I had intended to bestow upon you my nomination for Samanda's new flag. However after talking with MajorSam, I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't really look much like a flag, but it does make a very nice postcard.

                So I give to you...our first Samandan postcard! LOL

                Kingdom of Samanda



                Comment


                  Have we noticed yet Sam's hand in this pic???



                  It's the opinion on some other sites she's giving Sam fans a Secret Hand Signal. "V" for Victory! She's all up at the front with Beau, and thus looking VERY much more in command than Cam, and looking very suave and confident and Kick-Butt'y

                  What do you all think?
                  Last edited by MajorSam; 02 July 2005, 08:15 PM.
                  The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

                  ^^Sam/Jack^^
                  |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by MajorSam
                    Have we noticed yet Sam's hand in this pic???



                    It's the opinion on some other sites she's giving Sam fans a Secret Hand Signal. "V" for Victory! She's all up at the front with Beau, looking VERY much more in command than Cam, and looking very suave and confident and Kick-Butt'y

                    What do you all think?
                    Hmmm. I think she just loves her spanky Zat holster.

                    You know Sam and her guns...I mean, she usually's resting her hands on her P90...but with none in the pic...well, Sam's gotta showcase her love for her weaponry.

                    Oh and she also looks suave, kick-butt'y and WAY more in command that the guy standing behind her (as in she's in FRONT of him...therefore, more important).

                    And that's my completely unbiased opinion...


                    ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                    Comment


                      Oh, woe and alas, fellow Samandans! I fear I have failed you as Royal Researcher! Two extremely important bits of AT/Sam news were posted today, and I was not around to find them for you. My extreme and most deepfelt apologies at failing the Crown!

                      Actually, I was at my cousin's farm north of Nashville all day. She had a pre-4th of July barbeque, and the spread looked much like the lovely one the Royal Baker prepared for us! Plus, she has sheep, four horses, two ponies and four dogs, so there were pony rides for the children and plenty of other interesting animals to play with and pet. There were about 35 people there. Thankfully, it was not too hot and humid today, and she had tents set up for shade, so it was bearable outdoors.

                      Thank you to Nearly Circular and GateAngel for posting these two important items in my absence!

                      Originally posted by GateAngel
                      TVGUIDE TO HAVE 4 COLLECTABLE COVERS

                      The July 10-16 issue of the US publication TVGuide is going to feature 4
                      different 'collectable covers'. The covers will be featuring as follows:

                      Ben Browder, Joe Flanigan and Trica Helfer
                      One that will feature cast members from Stargate: Atlantis
                      One that will feature cast members from BattleStar: Galatica
                      One that is Stargate: SG-1 featuring Ben Browder and Amanda Tapping.

                      All four 'covers' will be available on news stands.
                      Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                      Holy Cow, we go for months with no word about Amanda/Sam, and now even the National Enquirer has an article mentioning them!

                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13580

                      NC
                      I would also like to weigh in on the new motto! Excellent, Chopingal! I move we adopt it officially!

                      Atteria, you have outdone yourself with this feast! What will you do to top yourself for Labor Day?

                      Lida, I'm so glad you decided to stay with us! I went to that other thread you mentioned last night and viewed some of the exchanges. They were nasty. I started to make one post, then decided I'd probably get dinged simply for my sig and exited instead. Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor.

                      And, last, but not least.....

                      Congratulations, ForeverSg1, on 1,000 posts!
                      Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 02 July 2005, 08:10 PM.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by MajorSam
                        Have we noticed yet Sam's hand in this pic???



                        It's the opinion on some other sites she's giving Sam fans a Secret Hand Signal. "V" for Victory! She's all up at the front with Beau, looking VERY much more in command than Cam, and looking very suave and confident and Kick-Butt'y

                        What do you all think?
                        Well, I agree with Uber about the positioning of each person in the photo. But I find the hand even more intriguing. It doesn't look like a natural postion, does it? Hold your hand down at your side like that. Does it feel natural? No. So why would she do that.....if not to send a secret signal? It certainly makes the argument more interesting!

                        Can't wait to see what happens!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          Well, I agree with Uber about the positioning of each person in the photo. But I find the hand even more intriguing. It doesn't look like a natural postion, does it? Hold your hand down at your side like that. Does it feel natural? No. So why would she do that.....if not to send a secret signal? It certainly makes the argument more interesting!

                          Can't wait to see what happens!
                          Well if you way lighten the picture, you can see that her fingers are just resting on the zat gun.

                          It's kinda like putting your hand on the edge of an armrest...the fingers may spread out. Not a natural position if in midair, but completely natural when considering the shape of the object on which her hand is resting...


                          Kind of a "don't even think of taking my team away from me buster" look to it...


                          ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            <snip>


                            Kind of a "don't even think of taking my team away from me buster" look to it...

                            OOOOHH....I got chills!! I like the way you say that!!

                            Token ~

                            Comment


                              Re the dreaded Grace:
                              Originally posted by Lys
                              It was like she agreed that there was something wrong with her because she was single. ... As far as I know, being single is not an illness. I'll support Sam if she finds someone who cares really for her and with whom she's happy, but I don't want her to get married from fear to miss something.
                              Well, that makes two of us. Sam is a hero figure for people of both sexes, particularly those who have chafed at preordained gender roles, the little boxes society is predisposed to stick us in. The idea that Sam is "missing something" simply by not being in a relationship, plus maybe the house w/ dog & 2.5 kiddies, that's a lot of paternalistic claptrap. And if Pete is the answer to Sam's problem, then it's a problem that went better unsolved.
                              One thing I liked very much about Threads on a second viewing is that we don't know exactly what Sam would have said to Jack, if given the chance , or did say to Pete offscreen. The important thing is that Sam has decided to stop pinning her happiness on either Jack or Pete coming in to sweep her off her feet, etc. She's taken charge of her destiny and, IMO, Jack better get with the program b/c Sam's not waiting around for him anymore.
                              In the final scene, and subsequently in Moebius, the two behave more as equals, suggesting that some kind of forward progress has finally been made in their relationship, whether romantic or platonic.


                              Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

                              Comment


                                He wanted her to have everything in life...a fulfilling career and a fulfilling, intimate, true love life with a man she could trust and know would never leave or hurt her...
                                Whereupon she immediately shacks up w/ a man (well, a dweeb anyway) who immediately proves to be untrustworthy & verbally abusive ... not to mention being a real low-forehead type. Nice going, Sam (or TPTB).
                                Of course, if Carter had only taken the hint from Fraiser several seasons earlier, all this sturm und drang would have been happily moot ...

                                Meanwhile, I owe a big Thank You to deepspace, SamFam31, ChopinGal, jckfan55, sg-1fanintin for all the lovely personal messages they sent. I'm very deeply touched. Since I don't know how to 'rep,' I hope you'll accept these thanks instead.


                                Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X