Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB
    I just had to come here and share this awesome news...I've been bidding on an auction to have dinner with Amanda when she's out here...and I got a seat!!!!!
    Along with 9 other lucky peeps, we'll be having dinner with Amanda!!!
    I'm just a wee bit excited...actually to be honest...I'm over the moon!
    I'm going to have dinner with Amanda!!!! Yay!!!!!
    Oh... uh... I... you... WOW and also HOLY GOOSE YAY! Gosh, will the wonderful times roll.
    you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      You have no idea how stressful this has been in the last hour. Add to all this the pain that is email...had major major issues with my email but have a friend who has helped me out in the most amazing way! Can't explain yet but suffice to say, I shall be dining with the lovely Amanda!
      That's awesome Chelle! Congratulations!

My LJ

Comment

May I add my congrats also Chelle!!! Have a wonderful time. Enjoy every minute.
        sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

I just had to come here and share this awesome news...I've been bidding on an auction to have dinner with Amanda when she's out here...and I got a seat!!!!!
          Yay for you Chelle! I'm jealous. I know you'll have a wonderful time.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Samanda
            And to Amanda
            Last edited by Rocky89; 01 July 2009, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              lol, those are too cute... love the facial expressions
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                You think the bidding was stressful? Wait until you're sitting next to and having dinner with Amanda . That'd be enough to send me into a stress attack . Don't worry, you'll have fun .
                Don't laugh!! Lucky for me, I took my pill before it got too bad...I so hate panic attacks. They drive me totally batty!

Thank you everyone for all your congratulatory messages and green. It's been overwhelming. I don't know what to say. Thank you. I hope I can share the experience as best I can with everyone as soon as is humanly possible. I have to say though, I was extremely lucky to get the seat as my bid was lost in transit but a dear friend of mine who did get a confirmed seat has given her chair to me. I wish I could tell you all how lucky I am to have the friends I have. And to be able to experience the things I have. This year started out pretty bad for me but has progressively shaped up to be a most wonderful year. I think my dad must be looking down on me. I just hope I can give something back...pay it forward if you like....in some way.
                Think I might go sit this night out with a cup of tea and some homemade biscuits daughter baked today!
                Night everyone. And again, thank you. Take care and stay safe!
                (((Samandans)))
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Don't laugh!! Lucky for me, I took my pill before it got too bad...I so hate panic attacks. They drive me totally batty!

Thank you everyone for all your congratulatory messages and green. It's been overwhelming. I don't know what to say. Thank you. I hope I can share the experience as best I can with everyone as soon as is humanly possible. I have to say though, I was extremely lucky to get the seat as my bid was lost in transit but a dear friend of mine who did get a confirmed seat has given her chair to me. I wish I could tell you all how lucky I am to have the friends I have. And to be able to experience the things I have. This year started out pretty bad for me but has progressively shaped up to be a most wonderful year. I think my dad must be looking down on me. I just hope I can give something back...pay it forward if you like....in some way.
                  Think I might go sit this night out with a cup of tea and some homemade biscuits daughter baked today!
                  (((Samandans)))
                  OMG, this is FANTASTIC news! I think your dad is smiling down on you. Your kindness to others is being returned and I know how much meeting Amanda, let alone HAVING DINNER WITH HER, means to you! How well deserved. How exciting! She will make you feel right at home. Nothing to worry about.

I will be in Vancouver in less than two weeks and, God willing, having lunch with The Lady! The job ended yesterday but my mind is on visit with Amanda and NOT unemployment.

Hope all is well in SamandaLand!

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                    The Sanctuary Experience and Meet The Man: Richard Dean Anderson Events Update

GABIT Events and Legends Memorabilia are pleased to announce that pre-registration for these two events will open on Friday 3rd July 2009.
                    http://www.gabitevents.co.uk and click on either The Sanctuary Experience or Meet the Man link to get to the General Events FAQ.

The General FAQ contains information on each event, including Venue, ticket options & prices, and the time reg will open for the event you are interested in.

Whilst we are happy for people to cross post this announcement with the general link, please do not post the FAQ in its entirety on lists or forums as it makes it impossible for us to keep it up to date and correct.

Any questions not answered in the FAQ can be directed to [email protected] or [email protected]

We look forward to welcoming you to our first Vancouver Events

Best Wishes
                    Becky, Julia, Kay, John, Paul ,Angie & Julie.
                    Congrats to G4 and Paul and his crew! You are branching out and taking your show on the road. How exciting for everyone! Much success with both events. I love that you got The Man to commit to his very own event. He will be pampered for sure!

Comment

I'm pleased to announce the Women of the Gate Ficathon is now open for Writer sign-ups!

Anyone can participate - we're all about encouraging as many as people as possible to have a go! Even if you've never written a fic before - why not have a go!

There's only a 500 word minimum length and a bumper crop of prompts which you can find here . Just choose a prompt to take part (or two! or three!)

We're also really pleased to invite artists this year to also take part. If graphics is your things, feel free to take inspiration from our prompts. Your work will be posted along with the fics!

Writer and Artist Guidelines can be found here

Happy prompt selecting! I'm looking forward to all the fic and artwork...
                      Last edited by Rachel500; 01 July 2009, 05:09 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Still won't let me green you so CONGRATS! You really deserve it, Chelle, ((((Hugs))))
                        sigpic
                        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

(((Samandans)))
                          Wow, you are nervous, but trust me, I can most definitely understand how you feel . When I was in 7th grade, me and 2 of my friends were in the school's talent show, we were dancing in front of the ENTIRE school to the song "Who let the dogs out". We were sunglasses and stuff to look cool . Of course me being 11 or 12 at the time, I was MEGA scared, and I was shaking, and at one point, I puked . NOT ON STAGE! In the bathroom, and when I got on stage, the music didn't start for like 30 seconds, and I'm standing there thinking "Start the silly music" Those are the words I used back then . And you know what, it was a big success, my group was the only group where people started clapping during the song and we got a standing O.

Trust me Chelle, I have no doubt you'll make Amanda fall in love with you . You're one of the kindest, sweetest and coolest people I know , you're going charm Amanda like you did with Chris, Teryl, David and Jewel . They all loved you, and now you're going to add one more Stargate cast member to your list of buddies, Amanda . And remember one more thing Chelle, as nervous as you are of meeting Amanda, you're way more happy and eager to meet her than you are nervous . And the best part is, Amanda's just as happy and eager to meet you too- http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=P1120996.flv

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                            I'm pleased to announce the Women of the Gate Ficathon is now open for Writer sign-ups!

Anyone can participate - we're all about encouraging as many as people as possible to have a go! Even if you've never written a fic before - why not have a go!

There's only a 500 word minimum length and a bumper crop of prompts which you can find here . Just choose a prompt to take part (or two! or three!)

We're also really pleased to invite artists this year to also take part. If graphics is your things, feel free to take inspiration from our prompts. Your work will be posted along with the fics!

Awesome. *toddles over*

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post

Signed up

... and trying to convince someone else too
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Signed up

... and trying to convince someone else too
                                Yeah but you'll be helping with it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...