Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I can see becky and mumsy now, in about 2 hours, they're gonna collapse in the nearest lounge chair, equally relieved 'hey, SE is off to a good start, MTM is sold out, pshew, we did it'

and then it hits them, wow, so we got how many e-mails to send out next week????
    ((Hugs)) to the G4 who could probably use them today and over the next couple of weeks.

One amendment to that scenario though Sky, I'd love to hear SE is sold out as well (but not before we all got our tickets). It would be a wonderful thing for the show.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Did they have a cap on the SE?
      I mean, I'm sure they did, but was the actual number published anywhere?
      I'm sure the attendance will be quite respectable Always a good boost for the self-esteem of a show heading into S3 at that point (hopefully)!

*hugs and large cups of tea for the G4 ... I have a feeling they're going to need them!*
      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
      ames on facebook
      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I don't think it was ever announced how many people would be the max for the Sanctuary Experience. Just that there is a max.
        sigpic

Comment

i haven't heard of a max

but, given the speed of the server at 9am and at 1015am, there was significantly more interest in MTM than Sanctuary, as one would expect
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i haven't heard of a max

but, given the speed of the server at 9am and at 1015am, there was significantly more interest in MTM than Sanctuary, as one would expect

In all honesty, I'm more interested in the SE so it's better for me if there was more interest (at least initially) in MTM. If I only get one, I would want it to be the SE ticket.

If MTM had been a totally separate event, I'm not sure I would have even tried to get a ticket. The fact that I hope to be at the SE the week before is the reason I registered for MTM.

Comment

having them a week apart made them a LOT easier to try for both

last time, when we had AT2 and then Avalon, i never woulda been able to swing a second transatlantic flight in a year. but in having them in the same country a week apart, i was able to have one flight and just arrange for accommodations and events during that week

now, if i'm lucky enough to get tickets, we'll finally have time to check out vancouver island and do some sight seeing and only one flight to worry about

sigpic

Comment

I'm in a bragging mood

I won runner-up in the 'design the cover' contest for the Blu Ray release of Atlantis

http://www.sgafanschoice.com/

wheeeee

sigpic

Comment

I can't make MTM because I'm off somewhere else then...but I tried to SE because I was already planning to be over that side of the pond for when MTM was on and I can justify extending a trip

Good luck to everyone trying for tickets

I'm in a bragging mood

I won runner-up in the 'design the cover' contest for the Blu Ray release of Atlantis

wheeeee
                  Wooohooo...congratulations Sky
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                  My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Congrats Sky
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm in a bragging mood

wheeeee
                      Hey--good for you!!

And frankly, I like yours better than the winner--more dramatic!

Comment

I'm in a bragging mood

wheeeee
                        Congrats Sky!! WTG!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                          I don't think it was ever announced how many people would be the max for the Sanctuary Experience. Just that there is a max.
                          Well it's at the Sheraton Wall Centre and the main hall is quite big. I was there for Gatecon last year and though I can't remember what the total attendance for that con was, I know it was quite more than 350 so that's hopeful at least.

i haven't heard of a max

Yeah, I noticed the lag as well so we shall see what happens.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          In all honesty, I'm more interested in the SE so it's better for me if there was more interest (at least initially) in MTM. If I only get one, I would want it to be the SE ticket.

If MTM had been a totally separate event, I'm not sure I would have even tried to get a ticket. The fact that I hope to be at the SE the week before is the reason I registered for MTM.
                          Same here. I wasnt initially going to reserve a ticket for MTM, but a friend of mine has her heart set on meeting RDA and finally getting her hug so I couldnt disappoint. Having the two cons back to back is convenient though and should be good fun. I know plenty of people who tried and are crossing digits on getting both sets of tickets so will be quite exciting when the confirmation emails finally go out. Will be one big party in Vancouver next year I think.

Good luck to everyone!

I'm in a bragging mood

wheeeee
                          Awesome job Sky! Well done!

Comment

I'm in a bragging mood

wheeeee
                            Excellent. That's so .

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                            Hey--good for you!!

And frankly, I like yours better than the winner--more dramatic!
                            ITA.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            Well it's at the Sheraton Wall Centre and the main hall is quite big. I was there for Gatecon last year and though I can't remember what the total attendance for that con was, I know it was quite more than 350 so that's hopeful at least.

Yeah, I noticed the lag as well so we shall see what happens.

Same here. I wasnt initially going to reserve a ticket for MTM, but a friend of mine has her heart set on meeting RDA and finally getting her hug so I couldnt disappoint. Having the two cons back to back is convenient though and should be good fun. I know plenty of people who tried and are crossing digits on getting both sets of tickets so will be quite exciting when the confirmation emails finally go out. Will be one big party in Vancouver next year I think.

Good luck to everyone!

Great to have you all come and spend some money in Canada. We love tourists and Canadians love to talk to strangers (at least I do ).

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                              I so want to see it but i'm unable to at the moment given how limited my internet is i cant watch any vid's without going over my limit does any have any pic's from it? if they do i'd love to see
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=9013

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                Thanks for sharing that Rocky. Loved the short bit with Amanda and Robin, but funnily enough, the part that caught my eye the most was the scene at around :34 where the football is thrown with the staircases. Totally reminded me of an M.C. Escher print.
                                I liked that staircase scene too, I think it's for the Warehouse 13 series, which has the reporter from Heroes in it.

I liked how whimsical the teaser was, and I wonder if the conjured glasses were a nod to Sanctuary's green screen stuff.

I'm in a bragging mood

wheeeee
                                Congrats!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X