Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Is it just me or did Sam dress a lot sexier with her leather pants, jackets, ect before she started dating Pete? I wonder if all the things we saw Sam in later episodes were actually gifts Pete had given her. hehe

And as far as the frumpy outfit Sam wore at Jacks... I think it would have been much funnier to have Sam drive up on her motocycle with her leather pants and jacket and helmet in hand... Then not only would Jack be spilling his beer, he would be drooling and watching her walk away as well.
    Sam always managed to look sexy and still be fully clothed. Let's hope they keep things that way in season nine.
    I love it! Maybe she was dressing down for Pete as she was getting ready (unconsciously) to give him the heave-ho.
    That sweater set was not the most inspired choice by the wardrobe dept. She didn't even have to wear leather--she had worn simple outfits in past seasons that were much prettier. Heck, jeans and a sweater look great on her.

Comment

Is it just me or did Sam dress a lot sexier with her leather pants, jackets, ect before she started dating Pete? I wonder if all the things we saw Sam in later episodes were actually gifts Pete had given her. hehe

And as far as the frumpy outfit Sam wore at Jacks... I think it would have been much funnier to have Sam drive up on her motocycle with her leather pants and jacket and helmet in hand... Then not only would Jack be spilling his beer, he would be drooling and watching her walk away as well.
      Sam always managed to look sexy and still be fully clothed. Let's hope they keep things that way in season nine.
      unless Sam thought that is the way Pete wanted her to dress-or the way an engaged woman now off the market should dress? I don't kinow-I think that Sam needs to have a talk with her salesperson as well. At least though Sam is dressed and has nothing hanging out-Vala being dressed is a matter of opinion. If however they were trying to portray Sam as sexless-*shakes head. As I told Rogue I think these guys are going through a mid-life crisis-there cannot be any logical reason for them to dress the women like they stepped out of a Barbarella comic book. of course-just about any comic book these days it is is interesting how they draw their women characters. ok-ramble over-back to work
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Wow! I ventured out into *other threads* and I'll be glad to stick around here to have a nice normal civil discussion where people may disagree with me, but at least they don't attack!

I just happen to feel Sam is a great female role model that should be respected and admired for the job she does without trying to use her sex appeal to get what she wants. Whatever happen to women could be sexy without being cheap? That was what I was taught.

Comment

I'm telling you, if the people over at Scifi start making Amanda/Sam wear shirts that are much too small to emphasize her current endowed look I'm going to become one of those fans I never thought I'd be and bombard the studios with 'What the hell are you thinking?' postcards.
          I'll join you in that. I admit I'm disappointed. I watched Xena for years and shamelessly enjoyed watching Lucy and Renee running around in skimpy outfits, but it wasn't exactly a show that took itself even remotely seriously. I always thought that Stargate was a tad bit classier than that, and I respected TPTB for resisting the urge to flaunt Sam's cleavage at every available opportunity.

Alas, it does look like they are slowly sliding down the scale of sleeze into Barbarella-dom, which just irritates me the more I think about it. To be honest, it borders on the insulting... to women; to the actresses themselves; to my entire viewing demographic; to the idea that science fiction is a medium that can produce interesting, meaningful stories without relying on sex to draw an audience...

Obviously TPTB are busy trying to court the young male demographic harder than 40-something females like me... but have they looked at their advertisers recently? I don't know about overseas, but here in the states, the commercials I've been seeing while watching Stargate haven't exactly been aimed at young men. I mean, come on... Mr Clean? Swifferjet? Lamisil? Sorry, but those commercials are aimed at *me,* not some randy teenager. Maybe the whole point is that they want to change that, but I still find it sad and pathetic that they feel the need to go that route.
          Last edited by Strix varia; 24 June 2005, 12:20 PM.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            I love it! Maybe she was dressing down for Pete as she was getting ready (unconsciously) to give him the heave-ho.
            That sweater set was not the most inspired choice by the wardrobe dept. She didn't even have to wear leather--she had worn simple outfits in past seasons that were much prettier. Heck, jeans and a sweater look great on her.
            Yeah, I still have nightmares about that sweater/skirt outfit. Sam is a very beautiful woman but that outfit was not flattering on her at all. She looked so plain standing next to Kerry.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Haha, this conversation just PROVES that many, many women watch Stargate.

Comment

Boy I gotta tell ya...if they want to lose people on this forum, the best way to do it is have REALLY obnoxious, honkin' banner ads across the top of the screen...

THIS DOES NOT MAKE ME WEAR MY HAPPY FACE

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

the banner ads, unfortunately come with the forum now

i've heard that variuos ad blockers help
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

if you don't like what vala is wearing, do what i did...i fired up the word processor and sent a letter to mgm, and need to send one to scifi and tell them

no guarantee that it'll have any effect, the eps are already done and edited, but at least they'll know that folks don't like it
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      if you don't like what vala is wearing, do what i did...i fired up the word processor and sent a letter to mgm, and need to send one to scifi and tell them

no guarantee that it'll have any effect, the eps are already done and edited, but at least they'll know that folks don't like it
                      Well, I want to see things in context before going off on an official rampage.

Earlier rant aside, I'm still trying to be optimistic about the new season. They're just making it a bit difficult with the wardrobe choices they're displaying for Vala and the new CMO in their sneak peaks.

My LJ

Comment

Yeah, that blue outfit wasn't the best choice in clothing. But wasn't AT pregnant at the filming of Threads ? When it barely starts to show, they have lots of tricks to hide the new curves, and clothing is a very useful accessory. That's also why nerdy Sam was dressed the way she was. It was even more evident at that time.

And I will say no comment concerning Vala's clothing.
                        sigpic
                        There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                        If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                        If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                        If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          Speaking of the "great patch debate" - haha! - I was looking at the pics and I wasn't quite sure what pics you guys were talking about. What ep is it? "The Ties That Bind" or "The Powers That Be?" Or is it both?
                          I tried to include them with my original post on this topic but was unsuccessful - if someone can advise how to do it I can try again. Otherwise I found the one of T and DJ in The Ties That Bind showing the SGC patch clearly and others were in Avalon, IIRC, showing mitchell with an SG1 patch. The one from the earlier season showing DJ with an SG1 patch is from Lost City.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                            Yeah, I still have nightmares about that sweater/skirt outfit. Sam is a very beautiful woman but that outfit was not flattering on her at all. She looked so plain standing next to Kerry.
                            If they were trying to hide AT's pregnancy, that sweater set and skirt were a poor choice. They just made her look plump and frumpy.....and not a thing like herself!

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            Alas, it does look like they are slowly sliding down the scale of sleeze into Barbarella-dom, which just irritates me the more I think about it. To be honest, it borders on the insulting... to women; to the actresses themselves; to my entire viewing demographic; to the idea that science fiction is a medium that can produce interesting, meaningful stories without relying on sex to draw an audience...
                            Barbarella-dom!!! That's good, Strix! You mean like an aging boy feeding his inner child?

Obviously TPTB are busy trying to court the young male demographic harder than 40-something females like me... but have they looked at their advertisers recently? I don't know about overseas, but here in the states, the commercials I've been seeing while watching Stargate haven't exactly been aimed at young men. I mean, come on... Mr Clean? Swifferjet? Lamisil? Sorry, but those commercials are aimed at *me,* not some randy teenager.
                            Creating and sustaining a hot sci-fi show into nine seasons: Worth a tidy living

Working for synergy with the network that airs your show: Bound for bonuses

Stargate: SG-1 the way the loyal, core fans want it: Priceless

Comment

These may not be the pictures you meant, bink, but they show the patches.

From The Powers that Be

From Avalon

And just to show what another team's patches look like, I believe the soldier on the left has an SG 12 patch.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                If they were trying to hide AT's pregnancy, that sweater set and skirt were a poor choice. They just made her look plump and frumpy.....and not a thing like herself!
                                Exactly! I'm sure there were tons of better options available that would have served camouflage duty if necessary. It looked like she had pulled clothes out of someone else's closet. Did she have a fire at her place that we didn't hear about & had to borrow clothes from someone?

Comment

Working...
                                X