Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    You make a good point here. Sending flowers to AT to welcome her back, IMO, was classy and cool. But campaigning for your favorite character can easily come off as whacko fans. I'm torn on the jello idea.
    If TPTB would offer us some crumbs I think it would help our peace of mind. . But they may not want to promote AT when she won't appear for several episodes. They want people on board with the new people. Fine.
    I love the whole team and hope I will like how the new additions shape up. I know it isn't the Sam show. But I still say, if AT can't do some interviews etc (which I understand) then put some Sam shots into the promos--keep her "alive." We'll see what SciFi has on tonight in the area of Season 9 promos.
    Don't be torn...it's all good fun.

Precisely because we don't have the first FRELLING clue as to what's going on with Sam, this is precisely the time for a Blue Jello campaign.

We just want to remind TPTB that Sam has a devoted fan base. Unlike the air around any kind of MS/DJ campaigns from a few years ago, this one's light and airy because it's just about showing support for AT and Sam...there's no sense of desperation or panic, because once again, we don't know anything.

AGAIN, this is not a "SAVE SAM" campaign...this is a "Hey PTB, AT/Sam Has A LOT of fans" campaign. I will personally add in my letter my desire for her to lead in Season 9...but that's just me. So if you just want to make it a fan letter and a box of blue jello...that's cool! Just get ready to send in your blue jello on the appointed day so they get a nice surprise.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I think you're right about the 10th season, Coley... That's definitely what they're aiming for.

And it'd be nice if it wasn't so "up in the air" anymore...

Season Five:
      We think this is our last season... Oh wait!

Season Six:
      OK, THIS is probably our last season... Wait...

Season Seven:
      This MUST be our last season... D'oh!

Season Eight;
      This is our LAST - ah, screw it.

Comment

I watched "Exodus" yesterday. I love how Sam refused to leave Jack and Teal'c behind when their glider was shot down even though Jacob wanted to. She had her dad talk her through the repairs on the ship. Standing up to Dad/Selmak--way to go Sam! Not to mention that this was also the episode where she blew up a sun.

Comment

Welcome back Strix - looking forward to thise piccis!!!

Comment

So much to do, so little time - I'm off to read the last chapters of HEADTRIP!!!! Thanks CGal
            I'll be back later!!!

Comment

Does anyone other than JM read any of the threads here at Gatworld? if they do then maybe
              they could throw in a small snippet about Sam that would get the fans talking in a positive way and by doing that they are realing in her fans without any dought.
              ......TARA......

Comment

And here's another short Samfic that shows Sam's heroism
                Just Breathe

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  And here's another short Samfic that shows Sam's heroism
                  Just Breathe
                  I read it and I thought it was pretty neat! And it wasn't overtly shippy, if I remember... It showed the team, as a whole, working toward a common goal.

Comment

i am not going to start or participate in a 'save sam carter' campaign. i have far too much respect for the character and actress to do that

i will express my feelings, i will be honest with how i feel and i'll send a couple of boxes of jello

but i'm not going to spam them with 100 photocopies of letters or take out an ad in vareity or harrass folks that dont' share my feelings

i'm not thrilled with spoilers for s9, and i'm not thrilled with the lack of sam and i will express my feelings...but i'm not silly enough to even thing that tptb really care or will change a thing
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

awwe, i upset someone

ok, honestly, is this rude? I didn't think so, i thought it was blunt, but with joe you do have to be blunt

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...50#post4279450

I have a question about Sam.

Due to the almost complete lack of mention of her in the spoilers, is she truly going to be an equal and participating member of this touted 'season of the team' or is she just going to be like Doctor Frasier, little bits and pieces when the script calls for it?

Me and many other fans of the character are noticing the lack of mention and were wondering if it was simply just how the spoilers were written or if the character of Sam is perhaps being written out of the show.

Can you give us any insight into this please?

thank you

___

and then i got a red ding saying this

Bringing person opinions into a Question and Answer Thread

___

mmhm, didn't think it was an opinion per se, but i would welcome some differing pov's if anyone feels like sharing them

I think this is the third red i've ever gotten. I feel sorta special

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        awwe, i upset someone

ok, honestly, is this rude? I didn't think so, i thought it was blunt, but with joe you do have to be blunt

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...50#post4279450

I have a question about Sam.

Due to the almost complete lack of mention of her in the spoilers, is she truly going to be an equal and participating member of this touted 'season of the team' or is she just going to be like Doctor Frasier, little bits and pieces when the script calls for it?

Me and many other fans of the character are noticing the lack of mention and were wondering if it was simply just how the spoilers were written or if the character of Sam is perhaps being written out of the show.

Can you give us any insight into this please?

thank you

___

and then i got a red ding saying this

Bringing person opinions into a Question and Answer Thread

___

mmhm, didn't think it was an opinion per se, but i would welcome some differing pov's if anyone feels like sharing them

I think this is the third red i've ever gotten. I feel sorta special
                        I don't see anything rude about it, but who is Joe? Sorry, I'm new here, but I read your quote and couldn't find anything in it that should offend anyone. Maybe I just don't fully understand, but I think I understand what you were asking. Also, what is a red ding? I take it, it's not a good thing, so I'm sorry you got one.

Comment

Joe is Joe Mallozzi, one of the writers of the show. he plays here upon occasion and there is a thread in the general section where fans can post questions to him that he sometimes answer

as to the dings, well if you look up at a post, you see those little scales? click on them and you get a box to give someone 'reputation points' which can be green - good, or red - bad (as i agree with what you said or i disagree with what you said)

someone didnt' like what i said.

<shrug>

happens

and welcome to samanda Atteria

some of us might be a bit grumpy at the moment, but we never stay that way for long and soon we'll be back to having all sorts of Sam fun!

sigpic

Comment

i am not going to start or participate in a 'save sam carter' campaign. i have far too much respect for the character and actress to do that

i will express my feelings, i will be honest with how i feel and i'll send a couple of boxes of jello

but i'm not going to spam them with 100 photocopies of letters or take out an ad in vareity or harrass folks that dont' share my feelings

i'm not thrilled with spoilers for s9, and i'm not thrilled with the lack of sam and i will express my feelings...but i'm not silly enough to even thing that tptb really care or will change a thing
                            Maybe it's the actress herself, Amanda Tapping and not the writers/producers, who are changing her role this season. Perhaps, as a new mother, she requested smaller parts, so as to be able to spend more time with her new daughter? The first year of life goes by so quickly, maybe she wants to treasure as much of it as possible.

Just an thought. Personally, I will miss her if her role is reduced. She has always been a favorite character of mine and is definitely a very positive role model for young women.

Comment

Exactly! So for everyone out there who thinks this is some sort of Save Sam campaign, you'll be disappointed.

The only thing coordinated about this is that fans from this and other AT/SC fangroups will be sending in Blue Jello to TPTB and including a note about AT/Sam.

There is no official letter to include...just tell them how you feel about your favorite character. Frankly, personal - yet brief and courteous - notes from fans are more effective at communicating fan appreciation than a photocopied or master letter sent by the masses....

So once again...just get the Blue Jello and on the designated date send it to TPTB.

Let them see the kind of fanbase AT/Sam has....

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Joe is Joe Mallozzi, one of the writers of the show. he plays here upon occasion and there is a thread in the general section where fans can post questions to him that he sometimes answer

as to the dings, well if you look up at a post, you see those little scales? click on them and you get a box to give someone 'reputation points' which can be green - good, or red - bad (as i agree with what you said or i disagree with what you said)

someone didnt' like what i said.

<shrug>

happens

and welcome to samanda Atteria

some of us might be a bit grumpy at the moment, but we never stay that way for long and soon we'll be back to having all sorts of Sam fun!
                                Well then I'm highly offended! My note was WAY more over the top than yours was with regard to snarkiness and expressing my personal frustration...and not ONE PERSON dinged me!!! NOT ONE!!!

Oh the inhumanity! Oh the DISGRACE!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X