• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Carterslave]
    Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Caption, please!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/Samhand.jpg

"Holy Hannah! After reading some of these fanfics even I'm not a Sam/Jack shipper anymore. Maybe I should take Teal'c's advice and go to Area 52 instead ... "
    ROFL

And what exactly is Teal'c doing at Area 52...?

Comment

spoilers for s8's new order

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      I'm still intrigued by the fact that Fifth thought Sam would be fooled by the "life on a farm" reality he created for her. Does she really want that for herself? Is there anything about her psyche that would indicate this is the type of life she longs for? Obviously there's something there or Fifth wouldn't have used that particular illusion because he was trying to make her think it was real...
      i agree, he picked up something from sam somewhere... though i *really* don't think sam wanted to live on a farm (she NEVER took it to heart), i think she may have just wanted to escape.

But what also piques my interest is the idea that somewhere in her mind, Sam must acknowledge - at least on a subconcious level - that she's in danger of cracking under the pressure...mainly because she knows she doesn't confront her emotional demons like she has to know she needs to...otherwise AGAIN Fifth wouldn't have used that as part of the illusion.

I agree again. and who wouldn't think that, considering what sam's been through.

it's maybe that fifth grabbed hold of sam's general anxieties (her personal life's limbo, her holding her tramatic experiences away to the detriment of herself, etc) and just created a world that would, misguidedly, solve her fears. it actually makes sense that he took it from the surface, because sam never believed the scenario for a moment.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

Meridian
        hmmm... i have the ep on tape, but i can't remember this scene being it in. what's happening here?

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          the whole thing was such a wasted opportunity for something more than 'sam gets laid' (although, poor girl, it HAD been 7 years or more)
          ... and she was so desperate she stooped to Pete.
          Although, who's to say what she & Jack did while they were suffering amnesia in Beneath the Surface? There was that 'merging' w/ Orlin, which has to be the Safest. Sex. Ever. And Sam & Janet were about to have *cough!* cake *cough!* at the start of Rite of Passage.
          But seriously, folks ... 'word' to everything Skydiver said about Chimera. There was a really interesting opportunity to deal with the life-after-a-symbiote phase, which you'd think could be extremely traumatic. What would Sarah remember? Would she blame Daniel or at least push him away? What becomes of Osiris now?
          Nah ... let's focus on Sam's stalker/potential domestic-abuser boyfriend instead. They really fracked that storyline up.

Thanks to all those who sent such great PMs & reps, etc. I want to give you a proper shout-out but the digest feature has died again, so I'm way behind what's going on the forums & get really fed up, too. Do they try to drive us away?

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            hmmm... i have the ep on tape, but i can't remember this scene being it in. what's happening here?

sally
            Daniel's just been talking to Oma about not making a difference, and Sam cuts in and talks about how he has 'an effect on people. And I don't know why we wait to tell people how we truly feel' or something along the lines of that.
            Sam/Daniel ship kgo!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              And what exactly is Teal'c doing at Area 52...?
              Reading about what he & Jonas did in the lavatory in The Changeling, of course.

I'm told that Mitchell is on a first-name basis w/ Sam, so perhaps there's some kind of (strange as it sounds) 'shared-command' arrangement in S9. To be honest, I haven't found Sam as interesting as a field commander in S8. For one thing, when she's being The Boss she doesn't get to ooh and aah over shiny alien technology. (Or, as Amanda calls it, "technawlagy." Yes, I notice little things like that. It's a fetish, I guess.)

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

if it's indeed true and sam took a leave for cassie, then i'm glad. because it really makes sense and it deals with a couple of things, namely janet's departure and the - until now - ignored fallout of that.

and i can see sam leaving her job for cassie. heck, she wanted to adopt her in s1, she WOULD leave her job for her sake.

i think it's also, potentially, a wonderful way to address sam's frustrated maternal issues without having her pregnant or dealing with a baby.
                With some of you posting about Sam's relationship with Pete, the illusional world made by Fifth and Sam being a surrogate mother for Cassie, it made me think that there was a real wasted opportunity in New Order to address all these things. When Sam met Pete, Janet was still alive, but in New Order, I assume that Sam was taking care of Cassie. It makes sense. And "Pete" never mentionned her, even in a single sentence. I think the farm illusion would have worked better for Sam if "Pete" had told her that she had left the SGC because of Cassie. Why didn't they play this card ? Remember in season 1, when Sam wanted to adopt Cassie, Hammond told her that her job was not the best one to be a full time mother. She agreed because Janet was there. Now that Janet is gone (I miss her ) I can really picture Sam leaving the SGC for Cassie.
                What worries me the most is that AT is surely going to act Sam's leave like that, but I doubt we're going to have ever a single reference to Cassie.
                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                  Reading about what he & Jonas did in the lavatory in The Changeling, of course.
                  Does losing Junior imply memory loss too ?

I'm told that Mitchell is on a first-name basis w/ Sam, so perhaps there's some kind of (strange as it sounds) 'shared-command' arrangement in S9. To be honest, I haven't found Sam as interesting as a field commander in S8. For one thing, when she's being The Boss she doesn't get to ooh and aah over shiny alien technology. (Or, as Amanda calls it, "technawlagy." Yes, I notice little things like that. It's a fetish, I guess.)
                  It's not that there was a lot of shiny alien technology for Sam to play with. Well, there was the jumper , but the main problem is that we didn't get much to see Sam in charge of SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Hopefully TPTB will get it right this time...

ON EDIT: Hey this is my 1300th post and the 9500th post on Samanda!

Double the Samandan joy!!!
                    Congrats for your 1300th post Uber !

Comment

no posts in SIX hours???

we can't have that

ok, how about a discussion

forget all the spoilers you've read. none of them are 'real'

sam is gone from the sgc for a few months.....where is she and why?

have fun, make up your own scenario

what would be enough to make sam quit/resign/take a vacation

did she do it voluntarily or did she go missing??

what would it take or how would you explain it if you had to create a reason for sam to leave teh sgc for a few months
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well…. the motorcycle was in desperate need of a good lube job and she knew the only way it was going to get done was to take a leave of absence.

LOL! Just kidding… No… forgetting the alternate timeline issues brought up by the last show & ignoring spoilers, as far as a plausible explanation, I would think it would be entirely appropriate for Sam to take off a short leave of absence to come to terms with the loss of her father. She’d finally been able to get closer to him than she’d ever been and now he was gone.

And the accumulated emotional baggage from the hard-driving pace they’d kept up the past 8 years, not to mention all of the other major changes that had occurred in her life the past year. A long breather would be understandable. She’d had so much to come to terms with: Janet’s death, her father’s, trying to help Cassie deal with the changes in her own life, the ups and downs of trying to have a ‘normal’ relationship with Pete, her promotion to colonel, the challenges of commanding a team, Replicator-style torture, not to mention all the other run-of-the-mill hazards of the job…

Now a *creative one*…. (my disclaimer: I am an S/J shipper…) Time off from the prying eyes around base to explore further her relationship with Jack. She finally said “Neither of us are getting any younger, screw the regs, let me go see if there really is something there to build on.” And with their known enemies seemingly neutralized, ain’t no time like the present time to do it. So lots and lots of fishing…. And talking… because I still think she’d need time to decompress (see earlier paragraphs) and someone she trusted very much to do it with.
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

sam is gone from the sgc for a few months.....where is she and why?
                          How 'bout:

Sam is working undercover for the NID - the good guys, or so she believes, great potential for twists here - trying to root out other suspected Goa'uld agents in the Pentagon and the White House(Endgame and Full Alert). All top, top-secret, galactic security stuff.

Having been promoted to full-bird Colonel and given the keys to Area 51, Sam is currently interfacing technologies/strategies aquired from several different episo... er... planets. She leads a new team of crack scientists/soldiers and they are having terrific adventures saving the world using alien tech without having to actually leave the planet.(Well, okay, maybe they can ring up to a spaceship parked in a near-earth orbit from time to time )

Sam has become very attached to her team over the last few, intense months, so when Lt Col Mitchell contacts her about reforming SG-1, she tells him she just can't.

Finally, Sam and her team appear to have rooted out and defeated (most of) the Goa'uld, but just as Sam thinks she's about to get a bit of a breather, a danger so terrible comes through the Gate that she is asked to take what she has learned these past few months and go lend a saving hand.

Sam leaves her new team in the very capable hands of her well-trained second in command, thinking this will be a temporary re-assignment to Cheyenne Mtn. Little does she know...

Naturally, none of these adventures will ever get a mention since, officially, they never happened.
                          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Shimmering Star - thanks for posting all of those *wonderful* pics of Sam!
                            Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                            Here's another real-life Sam story

First woman to get silver star since WWII

Check out this quote: "I'm honored to even be considered, much less awarded, the medal," Hester told the American Forces Press Service, a military-run information service. "It really doesn't have anything to do with being a female. It's about the duties I performed that day as a soldier."

This reminded me of the the way that Amanda asked the writers to portray Sam - as a soldier, not as a woman who happens to be a soldier.

NC
                            Great post - and thanks for the link, NC!
                            Maybe I should take Teal'c's advice and go to Area 52 instead ... "
                            Area 52? Area 51? Can someone explain the two for me? I know that one of them is the 'supposed military base in Nevada where the military deals with ET'...
                            Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                            How 'bout:

Sam is working undercover for the NID - the good guys, or so she believes, great potential for twists here - trying to root out other suspected Goa'uld agents in the Pentagon and the White House(Endgame and Full Alert). All top, top-secret, galactic security stuff.

Having been promoted to full-bird Colonel and given the keys to Area 51, Sam is currently interfacing technologies/strategies aquired from several different episo... er... planets. She leads a new team of crack scientists/soldiers and they are having terrific adventures saving the world using alien tech without having to actually leave the planet.(Well, okay, maybe they can ring up to a spaceship parked in a near-earth orbit from time to time )

Sam has become very attached to her team over the last few, intense months, so when Lt Col Mitchell contacts her about reforming SG-1, she tells him she just can't.

Finally, Sam and her team appear to have rooted out and defeated (most of) the Goa'uld, but just as Sam thinks she's about to get a bit of a breather, a danger so terrible comes through the Gate that she is asked to take what she has learned these past few months and go lend a saving hand.

Sam leaves her new team in the very capable hands of her well-trained second in command, thinking this will be a temporary re-assignment to Cheyenne Mtn. Little does she know...

Naturally, none of these adventures will ever get a mention since, officially, they never happened.
                            TH! You are wasting your talents if you are doing anything but writing for a living! **Astrog thinks furiously of ways to entice TokraHostess to write a wonderful long fanfic based on the synopsis above...hmmm... blue jello? chocolate? What will work? What will work?**
                            Last edited by astrogeologist; 17 June 2005, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              spoilers for s8's new order

i agree, he picked up something from sam somewhere... though i *really* don't think sam wanted to live on a farm (she NEVER took it to heart), i think she may have just wanted to escape.

I agree again. and who wouldn't think that, considering what sam's been through.

it's maybe that fifth grabbed hold of sam's general anxieties (her personal life's limbo, her holding her tramatic experiences away to the detriment of herself, etc) and just created a world that would, misguidedly, solve her fears. it actually makes sense that he took it from the surface, because sam never believed the scenario for a moment.

sally

Yes, I can imagine that in some corner of her mind Sam must have had the thought that "wouldn't it be nice to have a "normal" life?" So 5th could have seized on that. But as has been said, she wasn't fooled by the scenario b/c she knew she wouldn't just quit.

RE: AT's view of the Cassie situation. Isn't is sad that AT has to fill in the blanks b/c the writers haven't dealt with it? Though I suppose that's better than them screwing it up.

In terms of our own scenarios for where has Sam been: I could imagine that with Cassie needing support & the loss of her dad, when she's reassigned to Area 51, she figures it will actually be a good change. She enjoys being able to really work on the science stuff that SG1 usually has to hand off to Area 51. Now she *is* Area 51. She's with other scientists who understand and appreciate her work. It's not bad, even though she misses the team.

For the humorous scenario: See the Thor/Sam ship *humor* thread.

Comment

area 52 is a slash archive...and it's chock full of adult fic featuring folks of the same gender

area 51 is nellis air force base located just outside las vegas nevada

as to what sam's been up to. well in settling her fatehr's estate, she found out that he had a huge secret life...namely a girlfriend that he's been seeing since sam's mother died. a family he kept secret from mark and sam because he knew that they were devoted to thier birth mother

well this woman is now dying and sam goes to take care of her, drawn by this one last connection to her father
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X