• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Samanda on 100000 posts!

You guys sure talk a lot.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Apologies for the double post but I was about to post elsewhere when I realised I was at 2000. Thought it was appropriate that the milestone post be here where it all started. Nothing profound to say (as usual) so I'll just take the opportunity to say thanks. Thanks to Darren and David for bringing us all together through the internet. Thanks to MajorSal for creating the thread and thanks to all the Samandans past and present for making this such a nice place to be.

Sometimes we get carried away in fandom. Stargate is not the answer to global warming. Amanda has not found a cure for cancer. However, the show is wonderful fun. Amanda is a role model to be admired and fandom can connect people from diverse backgrounds and from all over the world. The more connected we are, the less we see each other as different. The more we talk, the more we understand. That's not such a bad thing. So thanks.
      Wonderfully put as always. And so true.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      so, i hear that London is like totally snowed in (as we in the us unsympathetically roll our eyes at a little snow crippling a whole city.....especially a city that's on the same longitude as canada for pete's sake!! )

(i know, i know, you guys never get snow and London getting snow is the equivalent of Houston Texas getting snow, but i gotta tease ya)

what would Sam do if snowed in?

and, just to make it interesting, how about avoiding the 'she'd snuggle up next to jack'....cause we do that all the time.

sam is stuck all by herself at home during a huge snow storm.....like let's say she got home from a mission, crashed, didn't even know the storm was coming, woke up to 8 inches.....what would she do?

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      Pace the house for awhile trying to figure out how to get out and do something 'useful' before becoming resigned, lighting a fire in the fireplace, and curling up with something warm to drink and one of the many 'worthless' novels she's been meaning to find time to read for awhile.

Then 5 hours later she realizes she's actually enjoying herself.

EDIT: And shovel. though I suspect 8 inches isn't enough to cripple Colorado Springs for long.. though I could be wrong.
      She'd shovel her driveway and go to work. Colorado laughs at 8 inches.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      I thought you said no Ja-

So, how's things?

Here in rural Wisconsin where we regularly get large amounts of snowfall schools also frequently tend to close (or delay opening) due to snowfall. It's not that people can't get to school, it's just the last thing anyone wants is for a bus full of school kids on a rural back road to end up in a ditch. Especially as kids on buses don't have the security of all the safety devices they'd have in other vehicles. So they tend to air on the side of caution where the little ones are concerned. And, though it's often a huge inconvenience for the families, I'm glad of it.
      I actually did work from home one day this year. Six inches fell in three hours starting a 6am (on top of what had already fallen). Normally, a large snow doesn't keep people home, though the schools do close. In this case though it fell so fast and right before rush hour that it was just too unsafe to drive. The fewer cars out and about, the easier for the plows to clean it up. The midwest has had a very icky winter. I've had enough already!

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
      *steals Mandy's box*

*swaps gifts*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANSAM!!!
      The 100,000th post is a birthday wish and a group of gassy larcenous penguins. Seems appropriate somehow.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANSAM!
      (I'll leave your present alone)
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        You know, I just really have to take a moment to go "wow". Seems like only yesterday we were on 40,000 posts and look how much has happened since then! New friends, new shows (Atlantis and Sanctuary), new events and lots of fun.

I look forward to dropping in here every day to see all the birthday wishes, read the conversations about Sam, about Amanda and all the "off-topic" stuff that's as much a part of our community and story as the Stargate-y talk.
        You were sitting there, keyboard locked and loaded, waiting for the 100000th, weren't you? Weren't you? Yay! *dances*

I was thinking about Sam in the snow. I think she would plan all sorts to get done, but at around 7pm she would look up from her computer screen and realise she has spent the entire day on the Wormhole X-treme forums. And she's hungry. I may be projecting here.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

You were sitting there, keyboard locked and loaded, waiting for the 100000th, weren't you? Weren't you? Yay! *dances*

I was thinking about Sam in the snow. I think she would plan all sorts to get done, but at around 7pm she would look up from her computer screen and realise she has spent the entire day on the Wormhole X-treme forums. And she's hungry. I may be projecting here.
          No, wasn't waiting, but I saw it there and thought "hey, why not?"

Though strangely, posts seem to have gone walkies in the meantime. Titta and I have been laughing on MSN about "which post is going to be 100,000 next?"

And talking about moving milestones and birthday wishes... a huge happy birthday to one of my favourite polar bears, JanSam
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Yeah, the numbers changed while I was on the phone to a client. Weird. Way to let work interfere with posting, Neep. Sigh.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Yeah, the numbers changed while I was on the phone to a client. Weird. Way to let work interfere with posting, Neep. Sigh.
              Priorities Neep! Get them sorted woman *tuts*
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                I'm amazed the news of our snow seems to have made it worldwide! I've lived in London for 51 years and apart from the winter of 1963 when I was tiny and remember big snow drifts for weeks on end, this is the first time in an age I've actually seen film and photos of the centre of London that deep in snow, and can never remember the London buses all being taken off the roads altogether!

Our school was the only one which opened its doors in its area yesterday - a lot were shut for two days, but I still couldn't get there yesterday - no tubes and the roads were completely blocked from where I commute so I ended up snowed in. Amazing! I've never, in 32 years of commuting into London not been able to get in somehow. Got in today but it was like walking at a snail's pace on an ice-rink! I kept chanting in my head "I will not fall over....I will not fall over".

I think Sam would do what I did. Feel guilty about being snowed in and do some sort of work at home to ease her "work ethic" conscience. I couldn't relax or do school work because I didn't have any with me, so I did Gabit paperwork instead! At least it was constructive! LOL!

Julia
                G4
                Excellent use of your snow day Julia!

Here in rural Wisconsin where we regularly get large amounts of snowfall schools also frequently tend to close (or delay opening) due to snowfall. It's not that people can't get to school, it's just the last thing anyone wants is for a bus full of school kids on a rural back road to end up in a ditch. Especially as kids on buses don't have the security of all the safety devices they'd have in other vehicles. So they tend to air on the side of caution where the little ones are concerned. And, though it's often a huge inconvenience for the families, I'm glad of it.
                In my province there have been a number of school cancellations because of the cold. Just can't risk the bus breaking down and the kids freezing.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                or maybe this one is

something got deleted up there

anyway, we've hit a landmark today

so let's PARTAY!!!!
                blue jello, with and without booze, cookies, cupcakes and chocolate for everyone
                Sending that in the mail, are ya?

Congrats on the milestone everyone!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                In honor of our milestone:

S SAM--our reason for being here
                A AMANDA--our other reason for being here
                M MAJORSAL--our lovely founder
                A AMAZING--a word for Amanda Tapping
                N NOBLE--is our Sam
                D DELIGHTFUL--is our Amanda
                A ASTONISHING--is the community we have here
                Nicely done.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                Congrats Samanda on 100000 posts!

You guys sure talk a lot.
                What do you mean "you guys"? You might have posted once or twice yourself.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

The 100,000th post is a birthday wish and a group of gassy larcenous penguins. Seems appropriate somehow.

Very appropriate!

Going a bit OT:

I volunteer with an amateur theatre troup (my official title: "Assistant Prop Chick"). We are currently performing a play that contains a line where a character speaks of a "cabal". Makes me smile everytime. In addition, the director is from Ireland. Totally cracked up the other day when she called me a "cheeky monkey". Told her that is my new favourite saying.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Now that's weird, I'm sure that there was the 100,000 post before mine.

I've just felt badly (and quite rightly so) for not posting here in a while and missed a few birthdays. So I didn't want to miss another one.

Again, I'm sure that should have been 100,001/002.
                  Last edited by LaCroix; 03 February 2009, 12:49 PM. Reason: Yeah, I can spell. Not.

Comment

I thought you said no Ja-

So, how's things?
                    Somebody had to do it!! Trust it to be you...

Mumsey
                    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Congratulations to ALL SAMANDANS! Without everyone's posts we wouldn't have made this 100,000 post milestone!

Cheers!
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Happy Birthday JanSam!!!

YAY for 1000000000000000 posts!

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                          Somebody had to do it!! Trust it to be you...

Mumsey
                          Yes. I just have to say out loud what everyone else is thinking.

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                            Happy Birthday JanSam!!!

YAY for 1000000000000000 posts!
                            Glazed donut and sticky fingers?
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                              Glazed donut and sticky fingers?
                              Are you implying something?

I was just being a dork though, fyi.

Comment

the posts were there, i saw them

dunno what kind of a glitch it was, but i saw the posts appear then disappear
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X