Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Is confused. Am I missing something?
    I am confused as well.

and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      It better be an open invite..and i mean for everyone!
      Spoiler:
      I'm really starting to dislike going to AT4 with all the childish games going on. We're educated and seemingly well-adjusted adults though I sometimes feel like I've walked into a class of kindergartners when i log in here.

Cant we ever get along?
      I'm thinking that the lack of a smiley in Tracy Jane's original posting has caused a misunderstanding here. Of course it's an open invite - that's the whole point of the exercise!

As for the kindergartners - well aren't we all young at heart and being silly is part of the joy of being here!

Mumsey (64 going on 3 years old!)
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        So is it still ok for me to bring the chocolate penguins and the jaffa's?? Should I bring some TimTams too?? And who wanted the chocolate macadamia's??? White, milk or dark?? Oh and the caramel koala's...I'll try to keep it to a minimum but that's kinda hard when we're talking chocolate!!!
        Yes please most definitely on the chocolate penguins

Like I was gonna say no to edible penguins!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

Hey, I always thought penguins were edible
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Is confused. Am I missing something?
            Then I missed it too!

*plans making a chocolate sig* that would be appropiate in like all the threads I post in
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7210/polarbearfi6.png

Well that really all depends on how far past our beaks you're able to get...

sigpic

Comment

*running off to make some sort of dessert...* Hmmm.... all this talk of chocolate....

*plotting about just how much room can be used for potential Blue Jello-y packets and fun chocolate in suitcase*
                sigpic
                awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

OK, just had cake and ice cream at the office. That and all the chocolate talk is killing me! So, to get back to topic, what is your favourite Sam relationship? By that I mean more than just what we have come to consider "ship". It includes the father/daughter one with Jacob or the friendship with Daniel, etc. What do you think?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

They're cannibals!

Comment

*points at new sig*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

*snort* Of course they are.

Now for an off topic overwhelmed WTF? rant
                        Spoiler:
                        Today is Waitangi day, the anniversary of the signing of the treay of Waitangi and the closest we have to a "New Zealand day."

Historically, our company has had an "opt in" system where we can volunteer to work public holidays. This year they changed it to a normal day without telling us.We were required to apply for leave and only the normal ammount of leave would be approved. By the time we realised we were all rostered on, they were already denying leave.

To make it even worse, when I showed up today I was told I was an hour late. Now it's my word against the roster guy's, and I am absolutely sure that when I checked my roster it said 10.30. Now it says 9.30am and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. It isn't the first time this has happened, but the first time it has happened to me. From today on, I'm taking screen captures of every roster so I have proof if it changes without notice.

Now all my coworkers are calling in "sick." I don't blame then after the way we have been treated, but it doesn't exactly improve my mood.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                          *points at new sig*

You're killing me!

Actually, that is hilarious and appropriate.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

OK, just had cake and ice cream at the office. That and all the chocolate talk is killing me! So, to get back to topic, what is your favourite Sam relationship? By that I mean more than just what we have come to consider "ship". It includes the father/daughter one with Jacob or the friendship with Daniel, etc. What do you think?
                            Good question.

Hard to pick one--I like each friendship in its own way.

I would say Sam/Jacob and Sam/Teal'c because of the growth in their relationships over time. I think maybe Teal'c was the "softest" we see him with Sam. But he also obviously respects her as a warrior and person.

I also liked the big sister vibe she had with Jonas.

Sam/Daniel is good because they hit if off right away and were both academics on the team. They were so often on the same wavelength--it was great to see them tag team the bad guys.

I even came to like aspects of Sam/Cam friendship. If they had only dealt with Cam differently...

I liked Sam/Jack in the sense of her growing under his command, but the whole "shippy" thing put a damper on it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                              *snort* Of course they are.

Now for an off topic overwhelmed WTF? rant
                              Spoiler:
                              Today is Waitangi day, the anniversary of the signing of the treay of Waitangi and the closest we have to a "New Zealand day."

Historically, our company has had an "opt in" system where we can volunteer to work public holidays. This year they changed it to a normal day without telling us.We were required to apply for leave and only the normal ammount of leave would be approved. By the time we realised we were all rostered on, they were already denying leave.

To make it even worse, when I showed up today I was told I was an hour late. Now it's my word against the roster guy's, and I am absolutely sure that when I checked my roster it said 10.30. Now it says 9.30am and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. It isn't the first time this has happened, but the first time it has happened to me. From today on, I'm taking screen captures of every roster so I have proof if it changes without notice.

Now all my coworkers are calling in "sick." I don't blame then after the way we have been treated, but it doesn't exactly improve my mood.
                              (((Neep)))

Mumsey
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I would suggest any and every event planned in the open on this forum for AT4 be an open event. If anyone wishes to have any exclusive gatherings, you plan those via pm or e-mail.
                                What she said.

I kinda assumed that the chocolate party was to be an open event for *anyone* on this thread since it was discussed openly - ie a Samandan chocolate party just like the AT3 one was. If people want exclusivity in the real sense of the word for anything, then it would be better to arrange it off the thread and have a gathering somewhere not so public as the hotel foyer etc. We did manage to arrange for you all to use one of our rooms which we hired last time. I honestly don't know how it will pan out this time but if we can give you a corner of anywhere then we will, otherwise a part of the public foyer would be the next best option.

We G4 are having a meet with the Event manager at the Renaissance on Monday and I will have a nose around at what the looks the best location. But an open-to-all Samandans "Samandan chocofest" for everyone contributing chocolate who wants to attend is something fun and special IMHO and is the kingdom of Samanda at its best, most welcoming and friendliest.

Julia
                                G4
                                To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X