No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that on Star Trek: The next Generation, Marina Sirtis requested that the chocolate sundaes she had to eat all be milk chocolate (which she hates!) so she'd spit it out after each take.

Blue Jell-o does seem like a good choice when doing multiple takes where you actually have to take a bite.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
      I know that on Star Trek: The next Generation, Marina Sirtis requested that the chocolate sundaes she had to eat all be milk chocolate (which she hates!) so she'd spit it out after each take.

Blue Jell-o does seem like a good choice when doing multiple takes where you actually have to take a bite.
      You wouldn't feel as sick either... there's always room for Jello

I remember a lunch time interview with Kate Mulgrew and John de Lancie. The interviewer asked about their lunch, because John was tucking into a massive sandwhich. Kate was eating a small portion of plain chicken, on it's own. Sigh. She had to stay tiny for that flightsuit.
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Well since we talk about food:

from time to time I eat a sandwich (baguette kind of sandwich) with nothing else than veggies! Carrots, salad, mung beans (in dutch: taugé, flemish: soyascheuten), corn and mayo of course!

I do eat healthy ... OK I admit, from time to time a good avarage sized big pack of fries with.... yes mayo! (I'm Belgian I hope you allow the fries thing )

And to bring this thread wonderfully back on topic
        Eating Healthy --> read in interview that Olivia got to eat a mix of pair and other healthy stuff when she was a baby.(anyway something healthy) --> Olivia --> daughter of --> Amanda --> Amanda
        /
        /

The reason why we're all here. :d And the reason why I always nomiate her for "Miss Canada" and "Miss World / Universe", and "perfect wife"

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I remember in the New Order commentary when Sam was eating the turkey sandwich Andy Mikita and Gary Jones having a surprisingly long talk (well.. not really for an SG-1 commentary) on how AT never eats... I got the impression it wasn't just in front of the screen but, as said, she has to watch it while filming. I can't help but wonder if that's where the blue jello came in - she could eat a spoonful of that relatively 'safely' through numerous takes...
          Yeah, she ate lots of salads or something. And in the scene they said she was supposed to be eating the sandwich but she just nibbled on some lettuce from it. Probably a good plan--among other things, who knows how old that sandwich was?

Great story about DeLancie and Mulgrew, Neep. Those ST outfits are much less forgiving than BDUs. Except that over the seasons they often didn't wear the overshirts. Not to mention S8--the sleeveless season.

and then the Atlantis uniforms bordered on ST at the end...

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            Are we going to be shoveling chocolate into her offering her chocolate at AT4?
            We don't allow anything to be given to our guest - strict no gift policy - but if there happened to be chocolate lurking around unwanted - you know, like lonely and all then I promise to share any with her....honest <insert innocent eyes>. I can always look after it at the autograph table and give it a good home..... I promise it will be safe......not that I like chocolate or anything you understand...but for the sake of the unwanted chocolate....

Julia
            G4
            To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
              We don't allow anything to be given to our guest - strict no gift policy - but if there happened to be chocolate lurking around unwanted - you know, like lonely and all then I promise to share any with her....honest <insert innocent eyes>. I can always look after it at the autograph table and give it a good home..... I promise it will be safe......not that I like chocolate or anything you understand...but for the sake of the unwanted chocolate....

Julia
              G4
              Julia, your sacrifice for the sake of unwanted chocolate is so heartwarming. I may cry.

Love Amanda's comment about the Arctic, the one about having to consume a lot of calories to stay alive. "I'm an actress and you're telling me I can eat? I'm so there!" (or words to that effect)

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Julia
                G4
                Heartwarming. I'm sure everyone, including Amanda and the Gabit team, is invited to the chocolate party. You know, if you can spare 5 sceonds to shovel some into your gob
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Heartwarming. I'm sure everyone, including Amanda and the Gabit team, is invited to the chocolate party. You know, if you can spare 5 sceonds to shovel some into your gob
                  I don't think there would even be 5 seconds to spare in Julia's schedule.

Comment

*snort*

Perhaps you should check with the powers that be before declaring who's "welcome" at such events.
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

i very seriously doubt that amanda's schedule will allow her to attend (although i do know what you mean) however i'm sure that members of the G4 would love to have some energy boosters.

In fact, i seem to recall the left overs getting a lot of people through sunday last time
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                        *snort*

Perhaps you should check with the powers that be before declaring who's "welcome" at such events.
                        Oh, so it isn't an open invite?
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                          One of the plus points to taking the train through London to visit my ex rather than the direct train (Which was 7 hours of mindnumbing boringness!) was the fact that the station I changed at had a Krispy Kreme stand! I was in heaven!

You can now find the things everywhere in the UK, but it used to be a rare treat. And (along with some gorgeous Canadian milkshakes, mango juices and bacon,brie and craberry paninis) one of the highlights of the entire trip!
                          Ah Krispy Kreme. I live just a couple of hours from the home of Krispy Kreme and loved those things until I had the misfortune of helping my brother run a Krispy Kreme Challenge at his college.

After watching people run 2 miles to the store, scarf down a dozen doughnuts, and then run 2 miles back to campus in just one hour, I cringe every time I see one of those pastries.

sigpic

Comment

Wasn't Amanda's first tv gig an ad for some kind of donut store?

We don't have donut stores here... half the reason I'm hoping Amanda makes it to Auckland in October is the Dunkin' Donuts. It's opposite the backpackers we stay at for the Armageddon con, and half a block from the events centre. It's probably a good thing I only have access to them once every few years.
                            Yup. She did a Tim Horton's commercial.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            I know she did an Advil commercial, I was at the "Advil Table" for AT3. We had to admit to not remembering the commercial!

Actually it is Tim Horton's also known as Tim's or Timmie's. Named after a hockey player (what else?). A Canadian tradition, as Mandy said, we have more donut shops per capita than anywhere else on earth. In fact they set one up in Afghanistan just so the Canadian troops could get their fix. Although it's not just the donuts, people are crazy for Tim's coffee. As I don't drink coffee I can't remember the last time I was in a Tim's. Reminds me, I have a Tim's card I have to use ........
                            If I drive 10 minutes in any direction, I can find a donut shop. Tim's, Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme and various mom and pop shops. Americans love their donuts. Though I only have one or two a year.

Julia
                            G4
                            You are such a humani....I mean chocolatarian. It warms my little heart.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

NC
                                Ditto, and many more...

Take a little time off from all the AT4 work and watch Window of Opportunity--it'll give you a real boost. When I am sad I just watch it and get motivation to do stuff I had been putting off.

donamac (who is trying to finish her taxes)

Comment

Working...
                                X