Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
    And, last but not least, in Desperate Measures, when Carter is threatened with the needle full of poison, she reacts by struggling, not freezing. She doesn't panic, but she's definitely not going to give up without a fight.
    i *loved* that scene when sam's about to get injected and fights her butt off! and i think she was just about to be in a full-blown panic when jack came in when he did. you could hear it in her voice when she thanked him.

one thing, though, is i'd have liked to have seen sam still shaky after the experience. and i'd have kept the whump worry focused on *sam* instead of it shifting to jack (after he got shot). love my jack, but sam's *the woman*.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      one thing, though, is i'd have liked to have seen sam still shaky after the experience. and i'd have kept the whump worry focused on *sam* instead of it shifting to jack (after he got shot). love my jack, but sam's *the woman*.

sally
      I agree. Sam should have been in the infirmary as a patient, not standing by Jack's bed as though nothing had happened to her. She had, after all, gone through a huge emotional ordeal, as well as a physical one since she'd been a captive for about 5 days and likely not treated well at all, plus probably been stuffed full of all sorts of sedatives and who knows what else during her imprisonment. The focus should have been on her. Didn't like the way that episode ended - well, except that they were both safely back at the SGC.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        Wow, shocked and very sad to hear the news of Don S. Davis.

I appreciate those of you sharing your stories, he was obviously a lovely man. My heart goes out to his family including Amanda, Teryl and the rest of his Stargate family.
        Me too. I never had the chance to meet him but have loved reading everyone's stories about him. I remember the first time I saw him was on the John West commercial on my Princess Bride tape

((((Don))))
        sigpic

Comment

From newest issue of TV Guide - under tag for size

Picture removed due to folks picking apart quality of picture from TV Guide article
          Last edited by tsaxlady; 02 July 2008, 09:40 AM.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
            I was working on a fanfic, and had to think about this—how do you think Sam reacts to fear? We've seen how she responds to it, by doing her duty, but how does she feel? Would she scream if she wasn't military? Cry? Get angry? Try to hide? Need to do something about it?
            Great question! I think it would depend on the situation, I think if she was in the field then she would push the fear deep down inside until everyone was home safe. If it was more personal like when we first me Cassie and she had a cardiac arrest, Sam panicked just for a minute, b/c at that moment it was her emotions that were 'in control' instead of her military training.
            Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I agree. Sam should have been in the infirmary as a patient, not standing by Jack's bed as though nothing had happened to her. She had, after all, gone through a huge emotional ordeal, as well as a physical one since she'd been a captive for about 5 days and likely not treated well at all, plus probably been stuffed full of all sorts of sedatives and who knows what else during her imprisonment. The focus should have been on her. Didn't like the way that episode ended - well, except that they were both safely back at the SGC.
            Yeah, I always thought there should have been more repercussions, Sam went through incredible physical and emotional pain and it was kinda just ignored.

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
              Hey Everyone,

Great question! I think it would depend on the situation, I think if she was in the field then she would push the fear deep down inside until everyone was home safe. If it was more personal like when we first me Cassie and she had a cardiac arrest, Sam panicked just for a minute, b/c at that moment it was her emotions that were 'in control' instead of her military training.
              That's a good point, in Singulrity we do see Sam panic for a moment because she doesn't know what to do. She's outside her area of expertise. Which makes me think that when Sam is in a situation where she knows what to do and she's afraid she responds by doing (whatever it is she needs to) and I think delays the fear.

I currently have developed a fear of hurting myself bouldering because I sprained my ankle doing it recently. It's partly a very logical fear because my ankle still isn't healed and does indeed hurt, especially when I drop onto it, but the fear itself is quite fascinating to poke at because it is so new and a marked difference to exactly the same situations I was in only two weeks ago. It makes me wonder if Sam does that sometimes when she's afraid, especially if it is something she wasn't afraid of before and ends up analysing it as much as she is afraid and perhaps as a way of conquering it or minimising it.
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post

Spoiler:

Thanks for the pic but is it just me or does she look a bit odd, has the pic been touched up too much?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                  Thanks for the pic but is it just me or does she look a bit odd, has the pic been touched up too much?
                  Yeap, it looks photoshoped (badly I might add)

Comment

Thanks, don't think it does much for her.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post

Spoiler:

I've never seen her in person, but I agree that it doesn't look like other pictures of her. But when she saw the drawing based on this picture (I apologize for not remembering the artist's name) didn't AT herself say that it looked like her?

Bucky

Comment

Pic kinda reminds me of a dead person in a coffin at a wake. Sorry! But let me explain! The people in the coffin are usually 'touched' up to make them appear more 'alive' to the mourners coming to pay their last respects. Sam here looks like she was 'touched' up as well, but to make her look younger (I guess) and more vibrant. I think she looks wonderful just the way she is and leave the photoshopping to other matters. Amanda is a natural beauty and anything that age has dealt her just makes her that much more natural and beautiful in my eyes.

Comment

Great answers, everybody! Definitely not a girl to take things lying down...I had in mind something a little different, so as a follow-up, how do you think Sam would react if she couldn't do anything—if she was trapped or imprisoned and about to die, or her team was about to die and she was incapacitated, etc? Especially if she wasn't in charge (like Trio), and even more if she was alone? Have we ever seen Sam like that? Maybe COT, but even then she's somewhat in charge...has she ever been alone and helpless?

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                          ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky View Post
                            I've never seen her in person, but I agree that it doesn't look like other pictures of her. But when she saw the drawing based on this picture (I apologize for not remembering the artist's name) didn't AT herself say that it looked like her?

Bucky
                            If it was Antoa's pic it was very good. In RL her face is so vibrant.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            Pic kinda reminds me of a dead person in a coffin at a wake. Sorry! But let me explain! The people in the coffin are usually 'touched' up to make them appear more 'alive' to the mourners coming to pay their last respects. Sam here looks like she was 'touched' up as well, but to make her look younger (I guess) and more vibrant. I think she looks wonderful just the way she is and leave the photoshopping to other matters. Amanda is a natural beauty and anything that age has dealt her just makes her that much more natural and beautiful in my eyes.
                            It's annoying that they all get 'shopped to look younger, it makes all the photo's end up looking fake. You are right, she has such a lovely face naturally, I think its a shame they destroy it (for want of a better word) by altering it.

Sorry but that pic really just makes her look slightly wrong.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              She looks real, natural - one of great qualities of Sam/AT

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                                Great answers, everybody! Definitely not a girl to take things lying down...I had in mind something a little different, so as a follow-up, how do you think Sam would react if she couldn't do anything—if she was trapped or imprisoned and about to die, or her team was about to die and she was incapacitated, etc? Especially if she wasn't in charge (like Trio), and even more if she was alone? Have we ever seen Sam like that? Maybe COT, but even then she's somewhat in charge...has she ever been alone and helpless?
                                ALone and helpless? Desparate Measures and Death Knell
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X