Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
    I agree here. I'm not anti-Sam/Jack, as long as it's a healthy relationship. But the show implies a dangerous closeness plus that annoyingly stalkerish scene in 200...so I'm hesitant on the whole issue. Whether Jack really did have much to do with promoting her or not, the scene implied that she got promoted mainly because Jack was a general now. I would have been overjoyed had Sam been promoted by Hammond, even more so a general who has no personal ties just recognizes her greatness.

Exactly. I would have loved to see one of the real life generals who have appeared doing the duty! Using Jack smacks of nepotism, if nothing else.

And the 200 scene? I know I am well known as an 'anti-shipper' but no matter what the relationship between Jack and Sam, even had they been a husband and wife, hiding in the showers to watch her? Ugh, no. I don't want my Jack to be that pervert. Not even as a joke, it's just not funny.

The 200 wedding scene made me laugh, you could see how the writers had sat down and thought of every cliché they could, I just wish they had taken it even more extreme and married them on the gate ramp! It would have been so funny.

FF
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
      <snip>

Technically yes they all were but only because of the difference in their ranks. An O3 Captain can't associate with a 06 Colonel more than 2 paygrades difference between them. Janet and Sam perfectly fine to be friends and more. Once Sam became a LT Colonel those rules wouldn't apply but the unduly familar relationships thing would so again breaking them but if they only went to each other houses etc. as a team for team functions that is okay and w/in the regs. Team vacations okay and Sam and Janet anything okay because neither is in charge of the other or under each other's command. Janet would be based out of the Academy Hospital and her direct chain of command was there as well. Hammond/ Janet not okay but even Janet/Jack would be okay except that he is also 2IC which would be techinically in command of Janet indirectly the regs apply but they could be easily altered. Confused?
      Actually, that was quite helpful! Thanks
      ...not that there's anything wrong with confusion - this is *me* speaking, after all - confusion is like a middle name! LOL

Your'e already adopted *whines* well here is a question for you are you a shipper *penguin* or polarbear (non-shipper)? Inquiring minds want to know.
      Be very afraid of Sky's wet noodle of doom I am pretty sure the licks are harmless but messy, may want to get a wetsuit or hazmat suit beware of the liquor cabinet I think *Tracy* has the keys. Okra are you for or against? (see Sanctuary site for more info)
      Don't forget the panda option - they swing both ways
      Sky's noodle = bad, cookies = good, greens = great, blueygoodness (aka blue jello) = awesome, licks = wet (except for lilferret's, apparently!), Amanda Tapping = rocks!!!
      Jan and Mandy keep the hazmat suits, Tracy has the liquor cabinet keys (although Neep seems able to get in there without any assistance ... hmmm).
      Dark side has cookies. Seems unfair. Then again, dark side also has comfy gutters. I think. Wait - are the gutters on the dark side, or do we have to choose between gutters and cookies? Gah! Hmmmm.... then again, no one has actually determined where the dark side is, or what it is the dark side of, so maybe it's not such a bad thing? *ponders* We'll go with that
      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
      ames on facebook
      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
        I agree here. I'm not anti-Sam/Jack, as long as it's a healthy relationship. But the show implies a dangerous closeness plus that annoyingly stalkerish scene in 200...so I'm hesitant on the whole issue. Whether Jack really did have much to do with promoting her or not, the scene implied that she got promoted mainly because Jack was a general now. I would have been overjoyed had Sam been promoted by Hammond, even more so a general who has no personal ties just recognizes her greatness.
        Can generals promote people on a whim? don't they have to go through somebody higher up in order to get someone promoted? i seem to remember Walter saying something about the president being very proud of her or something. but that may have been for her promotion to major.
        sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
        Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

just a short question: i love Amanda's beautiful dark hair but I can't find any pis that are really good. can you please help me with that? *puppy eyes*

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
            just a short question: i love Amanda's beautiful dark hair but I can't find any pis that are really good. can you please help me with that? *puppy eyes*
            There are tons from various people that were at AT3. Mine are here.

Comment

Originally posted by Edb View Post

My that is a long tongue you have all the way from Scotland to Wisconsin. Wipes face with large towel and lofts one very large Chocolate Chip Cookie Scotland-bound towards samcarterrules' house. Now, open wide and enjoy!
              Mmmmm! Thank You *takes cookie and jumps back into the gutter*

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                There are tons from various people that were at AT3. Mine are here.
                yay, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                  That's all correct, however, the show implied that Jack promoted her, wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Which irritated me as I want Sam to get her promotions because she's Sam and fabulous, not because of Jack.

And I found the shower scene in 200 to be really creepy on Jack's part. I know it wasn't real, but I don't like them even implying that Jack would stalk Sam, that he would go into the women's locker room and hang around watching her undress and shower without her being aware that he was there.
                  Too much adolescent, frat boy humour there for me.

FF
                  Really? I didn't see it like that. They had been sharing a lockeroom for years not exactly much privacy in the field either. I saw it as more of a prank he was playing on Sam if he didn't tell her he was there then well maybe but he announced the fact he was there.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                    Can generals promote people on a whim? don't they have to go through somebody higher up in order to get someone promoted? i seem to remember Walter saying something about the president being very proud of her or something. but that may have been for her promotion to major.
                    See my other post for more information on the promotion thing but he only got to pin her that is put her rank on her formally in a ceremony which is cool and somethng that as General of the SGC he is required to do. Her actual promotion was given by a board of officers than the officers command has the ceremony to recognize the promotion and the officer is allowed to wear the new insignia and has all the privledges etc due their new rank. When Jack said "I get to do cool things like this he meant arranging the ceremony and being the one to pin on her new insignia which is a big deal." He may have some input in the form of recommending her for advancement and detailing the accomplishments in an evaluation but Hammond as CO would have done the FITREP and sent the packet to Washington a board meets and decides who is promoted and who is passed over based on many different factors.
                    sigpic

Comment

And I found the shower scene in 200 to be really creepy on Jack's part. I know it wasn't real, but I don't like them even implying that Jack would stalk Sam, that he would go into the women's locker room and hang around watching her undress and shower without her being aware that he was there.
                      Too much adolescent, frat boy humour there for me.
                      FF
                      But surely that was the point of the whole 'episode'! Writers, cast and crew having a lot of fun with the fans.

Mumsey
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                        Actually, that was quite helpful! Thanks
                        ...not that there's anything wrong with confusion - this is *me* speaking, after all - confusion is like a middle name! LOL

Don't forget the panda option - they swing both ways
                        Sky's noodle = bad, cookies = good, greens = great, blueygoodness (aka blue jello) = awesome, licks = wet (except for lilferret's, apparently!), Amanda Tapping = rocks!!!
                        Jan and Mandy keep the hazmat suits, Tracy has the liquor cabinet keys (although Neep seems able to get in there without any assistance ... hmmm).
                        Dark side has cookies. Seems unfair. Then again, dark side also has comfy gutters. I think. Wait - are the gutters on the dark side, or do we have to choose between gutters and cookies? Gah! Hmmmm.... then again, no one has actually determined where the dark side is, or what it is the dark side of, so maybe it's not such a bad thing? *ponders* We'll go with that
                        dark side? Is that the gutter I don't understand the Panda except I might be one since i didn't want them to break regs but now it is okay for them to be together so ship ahoy.
                        The Shipper gutter has a nice couch and even a fire. The Angst cavern is cozy as well. Fluff has the nice couch and bright colors.
                        So we need to come up a name with those who love Sanctuary as well as Stargate anyone have any ideas?
                        sigpic

Comment

Exactly. I would have loved to see one of the real life generals who have appeared doing the duty! Using Jack smacks of nepotism, if nothing else.

And the 200 scene? I know I am well known as an 'anti-shipper' but no matter what the relationship between Jack and Sam, even had they been a husband and wife, hiding in the showers to watch her? Ugh, no. I don't want my Jack to be that pervert. Not even as a joke, it's just not funny.

The 200 wedding scene made me laugh, you could see how the writers had sat down and thought of every cliché they could, I just wish they had taken it even more extreme and married them on the gate ramp! It would have been so funny.

FF
                          Jack took over for Hammond that is why he did the ceremony. Nothing more, another general wouldn't have done it.

Funny, the different views, the wedding scene made me sad because they were poking fun at shippers and we will never our resolution only hints.

If you see the cliche thing I don't get why the shower scene is so offensive it is a prank like you said frat boy thing. Not meant to be serious but funny.
                          sigpic

Comment

Didn't Jack say something like, now that I'm promoted, I'm really happy that I can do this ... and then name Sam for promotion? I always interpreted that as he was glad he could be the one to give her the pin (or however that is called), I really never thought he decided (then and there / or earlier) to promote her.

The shower scene was cute on one hand, on the other hand it creeped me out ... so wrong. And I really don't think Jack would do that to Sam, so it was deminishing (?) to his character too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                              Didn't Jack say something like, now that I'm promoted, I'm really happy that I can do this ... and then name Sam for promotion? I always interpreted that as he was glad he could be the one to give her the pin (or however that is called), I really never thought he decided (then and there / or earlier) to promote her.

The shower scene was cute on one hand, on the other hand it creeped me out ... so wrong. And I really don't think Jack would do that to Sam, so it was deminishing (?) to his character too.
                              Not if they were together!! *runs from the polar bears*

See my other post for more information on the promotion thing but he only got to pin her that is put her rank on her formally in a ceremony which is cool and somethng that as General of the SGC he is required to do. Her actual promotion was given by a board of officers than the officers command has the ceremony to recognize the promotion and the officer is allowed to wear the new insignia and has all the privledges etc due their new rank. When Jack said "I get to do cool things like this he meant arranging the ceremony and being the one to pin on her new insignia which is a big deal." He may have some input in the form of recommending her for advancement and detailing the accomplishments in an evaluation but Hammond as CO would have done the FITREP and sent the packet to Washington a board meets and decides who is promoted and who is passed over based on many different factors.

that's what I thought. I was responding to the "charges" of favoritism.
                              sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                              Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Hey Samandans!!

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post

Thanks for all the info atfan!
                                I agree with you about the shower scene though SamJackShipLover, demeaning to Sam and deminishing to Jack.
                                I'm a shipper *ducks from polar bears* but I still see it that way,
                                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X