Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    yes.

i've said it so many times, but looking back at s9, it's like trying to find what they did right instead of counting out the *numerous* mistakes. s10 made up for a lot of their probs, and for me, atlantis with sam made up even more, but still, the show we once knew and loved had slipped to a lower level.

i don't think this is spoilerage for 'ark of truth', but when i watched the movie, i felt zero squee on seeing the group back together. or at least 'this' group. seeing them as a team does little to nothing for me anymore. (someone on the 'ark of truth' thead called them the unteam)

i'm still looking forward to 'continuum', i just hope my i haven't set myself up for disappointment with the amount of sam, jack, and s/j ship i want. but the storyline itself it much more interesting for me, because the ori storyline was such a polarized one with it only being written for two out of the five characters (daniel and vala). i also love the concept of 'continuum' and the fact that they filmed in the arctic. so give me enough sam and throw in some ship, and i'll be a squeeful girl.

sally
    I love the Arctic...I love Sam...I can't wait for continuum! *g*

Originally posted by Mary-Jane View Post
    Completely unSam related can I just say I love the fact that you have Trapdoor as a sig! Brilliant! "Berrrrrttt feeed mee!!!" Giggles. Ah good times.
    Thanks...I love trapdoor *g*

Originally posted by wibbling View Post
    has anybody seen this? Nice comments about AT in it!

http://www.flickfilosopher.com/blog/...t_to_be_a.html
    Thanks for that....nice little comments

Ugh, I'm sore...my room mate forgot to slow down for one of the larger ditches in the road and my head got smacked against the side of the car and I've got a mild whiplash...I want a new neck!
    sigpic
    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
      HI SAMANDAN FAMILY

I also agree the first few eps of season 9 up untill BEACHEAD they were okay but i didnt realy like how it was all Daniel and Vala i didnt realy watch them when they were on tv i started watching it from BEAHEAD and i love season 10 and i love it when Jack is there seeing him in 200 and the SHROUD it felt a bit like the good old day's

I love those pic's of Amanda

I'm going through Atlantis and Sanctuary withdrawl i need a Amanda fix

Oh i'm going to see an advanced screening of THE ARK OF TRUTH at the SUPANOVA convention in a couple of week's i cant wait to see it
      do you mean continuum? because AOT is already out on video...oh, unless you're in the UK that is
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wibbling View Post
        has anybody seen this? Nice comments about AT in it!

http://www.flickfilosopher.com/blog/...t_to_be_a.html
        Awesome linterview thanks for posting the link. I love that he fangirls
        Amanda.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        yes.

i've said it so many times, but looking back at s9, it's like trying to find what they did right instead of counting out the *numerous* mistakes. s10 made up for a lot of their probs, and for me, atlantis with sam made up even more, but still, the show we once knew and loved had slipped to a lower level.

i don't think this is spoilerage for 'ark of truth', but when i watched the movie, i felt zero squee on seeing the group back together. or at least 'this' group. seeing them as a team does little to nothing for me anymore. (someone on the 'ark of truth' thead called them the unteam)

i'm still looking forward to 'continuum', i just hope my i haven't set myself up for disappointment with the amount of sam, jack, and s/j ship i want. but the storyline itself it much more interesting for me, because the ori storyline was such a polarized one with it only being written for two out of the five characters (daniel and vala). i also love the concept of 'continuum' and the fact that they filmed in the arctic. so give me enough sam and throw in some ship, and i'll be a squeeful girl.

sally
        I hope not either. Unteam yeah lol that described much of season nine everyone doing their own thing no team aspect
        Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
        I agree. Season 9 wasn't very good for me. Except Riplle Effect Lots of Sam...literally
        S10 was a lot better. The episodes were more evenly distributed between the characters.
        AoT
        Spoiler:
        Cam in your face all over again
        HI SAMANDAN FAMILY

I so agree AOT was good but
        Spoiler:
        the whole replicator fight was a bit much I loved the music and scenery if it weren;t for Tomin and techobabble of Sam I wouldn't have watched it I bought it mainly to support Stargate and in the hope if the sales do well they will produce more movies.

I also agree the first few eps of season 9 up untill BEACHEAD they were okay but i didnt realy like how it was all Daniel and Vala i didnt realy watch them when they were on tv i started watching it from BEAHEAD and i love season 10 and i love it when Jack is there seeing him in 200 and the SHROUD it felt a bit like the good old day's

Oh i'm going to see an advanced screening of THE ARK OF TRUTH at the SUPANOVA convention in a couple of week's i cant wait to see it
        Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        do you mean continuum? because AOT is already out on video...oh, unless you're in the UK that is
        If it is Continuum I am so jealous *you get to see it early how cool is that?*
        I am looking forward to Sanctuary as well I hope it starts in the summer but it is looking like closer to fall which is still a while away far too long in my opinion.
        sigpic
        Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try again

More attempted links:

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/Entertainm...54906-sun.html

Short Amanda interview.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try again

More attempted links:

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/Entertainm...54906-sun.html

Short Amanda interview.
            Great job EH glad my tutoring helped. Easy once you know the steps.
            sigpic
            Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
              What I do is hit the insert link button while I am on the actual link right click and use the copy link option then once you click the insert link button the world looking one erase the http part and just paste or CTRL V the link simple like this http://blog.scifitalk.com/2008/03/17...a-tapping.aspx

last step, preview your post and click on the link to make sure it works.

hope this helps. I am new as well and I had trouble muti-quoting at first. Welcome to Samamanda Wraithlord

Here's another AT interview:

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/Entertainm...54901-sun.html

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
                Great job EH glad my tutoring helped. Easy once you know the steps.
                Thanks, eh.

Comment

*rushes in*

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                  From About.com - SciFi/Fantasy Newsletter by Mark Wilson regarding Scifi Upfront Party:

"Tapping on Atlantis and Sanctuary
                  Alongside the full casts of Eureka and Battlestar Galactica, Amanda Tapping looked a little lonely as the sole representative of the Stargate franchise. In fact Tapping was doing double duty, as she's splitting her time these days between Stargate Atlantis and Sanctuary, the web-originated Victorian-era fantasy series created by Stargate writer Damian Kindler that was picked up by Sci Fi in January. Tapping told me she thought Sanctuary was a great fit for Sci Fi, saying that the new series was turning out "even better than I expected," partly because the network has a real knack for this kind of material. She does seem happy to be playing a maverick like Helen Magnus, someone who's "the opposite of Carter" in many ways.

Regarding her reduced involvement in season 5 of Atlantis, Tapping said she didn't know how many episodes she was in this year: she filmed the start of the season with the Atltantis crew, then switched over this month to the 13-episode run in front of the green screens with Sanctuary. Once she's done there she returns to Atlantis to film at least part of the end of season 5. When I asked if she's ever get to do a show that wasn't on Sci Fi, she laughed and said, "Sci Fi pretty much owns my ass.""
                  She's awesomely incredible.

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
                  Heya!! I made a banner of Amanda from the Sci-Fi party pictures. This is the smallest one, feel free to use it if you want, I have two more bigger sizes, PM me if you are interested in. I also have these pictures in HQ, do I post them here??

awe it's buueettiful! Beat me to it too it seems...hehe. As soon as things slow down, I mean to play a bit myself. Don't think there can be enough AT luv whatsoever.

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
                  Hi this is my first time posting in this thread so i hope you don't mind me coming in here i just wanted to post this Sam sig i made its not great but i hope you all like it anyway
                  Spoiler:
                  Very cool! Hey, don't knock your talent. If it pleases you then don't worry what everyone else thinks.

Oh and welcome to the Samanda thread!

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  As soon as I read that AT interview I just couldn't resist, I had to do this. It's not much...Oh, well...Positive thoughts

Spoiler:
                  hehe...nice job!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  cute little fic
                  http://gwemegil.livejournal.com/184459.html?#cutid1

be warned for the 'oh so evil' sam and jack connotations
                  Gonna have to save this one for later..too much going on now, but I will read it hopefully later. Thanks!

Originally posted by Conn8d View Post
                  I totally agree. It was better than other shows but in some moments I was just thinking that it could be better. Sometimes in S9/10 rather than addressing the issues, mythology, or science, the episodes brought up, tptb would just go for a laugh or gloss it over.

Ark of Truth
                  Spoiler:
                  It wasn't my favorite but I think that the development of Tomin in the film was a sort of return to the way that SG1 used to be. I really enjoyed that.
                  I can't agree more with your spoiler. I loved that about the movie. The little throwbacks to past eps and seasons was nicely done. Very subtle and it just felt right having them there.

HI SAMANDAN FAMILY

Personally I kinda liked Vala and Daniel. They brought another "layer" to the show which kept me happy as by the end it just seemed to be lagging a bit. Besides, Vala and her smart mouth just kept me giggling throughout.

Found this in LJ earlier..not sure if it's been posted here yet but it was an awesome read so I couldn't resist. Enjoy!

Amanda and North Shore News

*rushes out* Going mt. biking with friends while the weather is still happy as well. We're supposed to get 6 to 8 inches of snow tomorrow. *grumbles* do'h...it's springtime already!
                  Last edited by Celandine; 20 March 2008, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Actually Helen's hair is more brown than black. The dark lighting (and overall dark mood of the show) made it look black.

It's dark brown, but it is definitely brown.

Comment

Hey, just a question with regard to the links. The ones I have been posting have come from the Stargate News thread. Should I be giving credit to the amazing Morjana when I mention the link? Not sure of the proper procedure.

Comment

Morjana is pretty much news central. Along with prion. They keep up with *everything*! They're amazing. It would be polite to mention where you got the info and links.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          Morjana is pretty much news central. Along with prion. They keep up with *everything*! They're amazing. It would be polite to mention where you got the info and links.
                          Will do. Thanks.

Comment

KatG thanks for posting the Upfront excerpt. Hopefully that when Skiffy is done with Amanda's posterior they'd give it back to her. Also along the lines of hair colouring, I hope AT chooses to wear a wig for Helen. IIRC she already dose.

Now for a little OT:
                            Spoiler:
                            For those who already know my Dad passed on the 4th of last month. Then twelve days later my Mom joined him. I really wasn't ready to write about it on this thread untill now.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post

Now for a little OT:
                              Spoiler:
                              For those who already know my Dad passed on the 4th of last month. Then twelve days later my Mom joined him. I really wasn't ready to write about it on this thread untill now.
                              (((LaCroix))) I'm so sorry, my best wishes for you and your family.
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

caption anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X