Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antoa View Post
    Just dropping in quickly to say that I made it safely to Vancouver - ear infection, horrendous cough and all *sigh*.

I am just killing time on the hotel's free wireless before I have to meet PegYn and Lies for breakfast.
    Ear infection AND a cough? poor thing!
    i think you need some of this stuff:

it really does work.... had some when i was sick, and it did the trick!
    Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    Umm... Amanda won the Woman of Vision award, Sanctuary started filming season 2, she's working on a Q&A on Joe's blog... and that's all I can think of right now.
    Really? wow, good for her!!! that award seems very fitting for Amanda
    --Kate

Comment

Just dropping in quickly to say that I made it safely to Vancouver - ear infection, horrendous cough and all *sigh*.

I am just killing time on the hotel's free wireless before I have to meet PegYn and Lies for breakfast.
      Ear infection? And you *flew*

Get better! And have a Canadian take you out for some cough syrup with codeine! (If you didn't badger the doc for some stuff that actually works before you left - a la suse at AT3)

ETA: Con report/weekend report!

HAVE FUN GALS!

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        Thanks for the well-wishes guys/gals!

I'd doing great. Left hand hates the shift key and I'm slow, but otherwise...

I won't be able to lift much (keys are the max at the mo) with that hand for weeks, but I'm only stiff, not in pain. Only took one of 'the good stuff' because I wasn't sure when the blocker would wear off. Turns out it's not an issue.

I'll not be on much because I have limited internet at the moment. I need to use the local coffeehouse.

I look forward to catching up though!

suse
        Its good to hear from you and that you're doing good....hope you're fully healed soon.

Ugh! Flying with an ear infection is horrible...I did that once. Enjoy the trip and I hope the dreaded lurgy clears up quick.
        sigpic
        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
          Guys! it's ok, i don't need quotes and such, just a few summarizing sentences that'll give me the big picture! fine details i can work out later
          Well, last week it was all about the hair. AT seems to have rested her hair in the offseason, but it's back to dark for filming the new season of Sanctuary.

As for Sam's faults--I think people have covered them well. I'd agree tunnel vision and Pete. I was talking about Solitudes elsewhere & one of my favorite moments is when she's calculating odds of rescue & Jack stops her with "Captain." She says: "I think too much." Classic Sam and something that makes what could be annoying endearing.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            Well, last week it was all about the hair. AT seems to have rested her hair in the offseason, but it's back to dark for filming the new season of Sanctuary.
            So wait - what color is it now? *iz easily confuzzled from lack of sleep/being woken up by little brother*
            --Kate

Comment

Guys! it's ok, i don't need quotes and such, just a few summarizing sentences that'll give me the big picture! fine details i can work out later
              I think I can help you, don't think this is silly, but I keep a little record on a word document about all the big and medium things that go on in GW. I can round up some really good stuff and give them to you .

Comment

Oh, and Pengyn---"Dancing Trees"

Dude what have you been drinking?
                And aren't you meant to be at a dance competition? Not sitting down the hall from us with your online status glowing bright green... just sayin'

Thanks for all the safe travel wishes guys. We made it safely to Vancouver. We're very giggly. And have no idea what time it is. But I don't think we really care either.

Yay .. I (SamJackShipLover) can have pink to post with. So glad Meg brought her laptop, at least we can keep track of what Amanda (antoa ... just to clarify) is saying. We had a nice breakfast (yay for French toast) and are about to see some sights. It's raining though. But tomorrow and monday look good (and monday we will be visiting Jack's cabin ... YAY).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                  I think I can help you, don't think this is silly, but I keep a little record on a word document about all the big and medium things that go on in GW. I can round up some really good stuff and give them to you .
                  Have I told you that you rock?
                  Originally posted by PengYn View Post

And aren't you meant to be at a dance competition? Not sitting down the hall from us with your online status glowing bright green... just sayin'

Thanks for all the safe travel wishes guys. We made it safely to Vancouver. We're very giggly. And have no idea what time it is. But I don't think we really care either.

Yay .. I (SamJackShipLover) can have pink to post with. So glad Meg brought her laptop, at least we can keep track of what Amanda (antoa ... just to clarify) is saying. We had a nice breakfast (yay for French toast) and are about to see some sights. It's raining though. But tomorrow and monday look good (and monday we will be visiting Jack's cabin ... YAY).
                  oooooh, Jack's cabin! i'll be visiting it too, once I get there..... have fun!!!
                  mmmmmmm french toast.....
                  --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    Ok... now it's my turn to be silly. If you have this word document, why not just PM / email stuff in the first place rather than doing the big song and dance for news and info?
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                      Ok... now it's my turn to be silly. If you have this word document, why not just PM / email stuff in the first place rather than doing the big song and dance for news and info?
                      It allows me to keep track of important things, in case I ever need it again. I write down the page number, and give a little description of what we talked about on that page. And I am going to PM Kate that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                        Sam's tunnel vision and focus has been mentioned. Red Sky is a good example of that, of a time when Sam should have stepped back a bit from what she was trying to do and tried to look a little broader.

One of the thing that annoys me about the Sam character sometimes is inconsistency, particularly in military situations. I can't remember the episode names all the time, but there are times when Sam is all military focussed. One of the replicator ones Jack is on the ground and Sam is all good soldier, making sure the area is secure and only then going over to him, which I loved, because that's priorities right. Then other times she's run straight over to whoever is fallen (I'm thinking of Jack again, in Heroes this time). While I appreciate Sam's compassion I also much prefer it, in those situations, when she's focussed Sam because the middle or aftermath of the battle isn't the time for compassion to rule. There are better times for it.

I guess I just want consistently kick ass Sam
                        I kinda saw Sam going to Jack as being military-focused as well. Her commanding officer has just received a usually fatal shot to the chest, I think checking to see if he's still alive is not so much a matter of compassion as necessity.

But I totally agree on a consistently kick-ass Sam.

I won't be able to lift much (keys are the max at the mo) with that hand for weeks, but I'm only stiff, not in pain. Only took one of 'the good stuff' because I wasn't sure when the blocker would wear off. Turns out it's not an issue.

I'll not be on much because I have limited internet at the moment. I need to use the local coffeehouse.

Glad to hear you doing well!

As for Sam's faults--I think people have covered them well. I'd agree tunnel vision and Pete. I was talking about Solitudes elsewhere & one of my favorite moments is when she's calculating odds of rescue & Jack stops her with "Captain." She says: "I think too much." Classic Sam and something that makes what could be annoying endearing.
                        I just loved that line in Solitudes. You're right, it's classic Sam.

sigpic

Comment

Very glad all of you made it safely! The time at the tone is....beep...11:58am.

Yay .. and are about to see some sights. It's raining though. But tomorrow and monday look good (and monday we will be visiting Jack's cabin ... YAY).
                          And I blame YOU for the rain....it was suppose to be sunny yesterday.....and btw don't trust the weather people, step outside for the current forecast
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                            Hi Everyone. Suse had surgery earlier today on her wrist for carpal tunnel disease. She asked me to make a post here to let you know that surgery went well, and she's doing fine. When talking to her, I can tell she's on pain meds, but she sounds cheerful and not in too much pain. She doesn't have internet access, so she can't contact anyone directly for a bit yet.
                            Hugs and good wishes for Suse!

You too? Cool, might see ya there!!! I don't get in til early thursday morning though.

I'll be there too. Will you be wearing a sign saying "John and Teyla for Life" so we can recognise you?

Glad you made it there! Sounds like you are going to be a fun roomie! Get well soon. (no, really )

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

suse
                              Oh, you're back already. Glad you are OK.

Glad to hear you are all there safe and sound (mostly ).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Just ran across this nicely done story by Tittamire. It's Teal'c centric, but has some nice Sam in it too. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4897390/1/Amongst_The_Stars

Comment

Working...
                                X