Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    How about a kimono and geta (Japanese wooden sandals) My very strange dream... Spoilers for kind of real life weirdness:

Spoiler:
    In my dream, Amanda came to New Zealand (yay!) and I went to see her in The Mikado "live on stage." In my dream (weird) "live on stage" meant that you could actually be on the stage with the actors, kind of like an extra, and you could watch from there. Amanda sang this song and I cried because it was so beautiful then afterwards I was trying to explain to Amanda just how much she means to me, and how I grew up with The Mikado. The video I just linked to is actually from the video of The Mikado that I watched constantly as a kid... every sick day and holiday it would run practically on repeat

Amanda is awesome, but her singing in my favourite childhood musical is just weird!

I'm sorry for being so off topic. Blue jello!
    That's such a pretty song! love it! We've heard Amanda sing once- 'Row Row Row your Boat' in Urgo for like 5 seconds.

ok, REALLY have to go to bed now! ahhh! this is getting ridiculous.
    --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
      you luckypeople post lots of pics okay? *goes to pout *
      Spoiler:
      no AT3 for me but maybe next year hubby just had last interview for job between him and one other person now. If he gets it I may be moving to New Mexico but it comes with a substantial raise however I probably can't go to Comic Con if he gets it because he won't have any vacation time and I can't take all 3 kids by myself.
      hmm guess I better spoiler this due to OT
      yeah, lots of pics (pretty) please! *joins atfan in pouting*
      --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
        That was the order when it was assumed AT would be doign SGA S5. As she is doing Sanctuary
        Spoiler:
        and they (may have) needed a reason for her to leave it's *possible* they moved the Continuum timeline to after S4... I rather hope not. I *do not* want Mitchell "leading" her anymore. Goes to sulk on Anti-S10 thread.

suse
        hmm season ten wasn't too bad and Cam was way less irritating. Season Nine I didn't like much until Beachead the Daniel/Vala show just didn't do it for me. Vala was even less obnoxious in season ten. Sam is much less by the book military regs/salutes etc than she usually is and Cameron isn't quite so in your face if you know what I mean -- much better season. The AOT movie isn't bad either give it a chance.
        sigpic
        Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

hmm season ten wasn't too bad and Cam was way less irritating. Season Nine I didn't like much until Beachead the Daniel/Vala show just didn't do it for me. Vala was even less obnoxious in season ten. Sam is much less by the book military regs/salutes etc than she usually is and Cameron isn't quite so in your face if you know what I mean -- much better season. The AOT movie isn't bad either give it a chance.
          Oh I gave it a chance, and still don't like it...but to each their own I guess
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            yeah, i guess so... i liked AOT!

need...sleep....d'oh....!
            --Kate

Comment

Happy Birthday, Jckfan!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                yeah I guess I do think Stargate at it's worst is still better than that reality cra* they keep trying to shove down our throats. I am looking forward to season five Atlantis and Sanctuary. Plus Continuum can't go wrong there no Vala - except as Quetesh although I will miss Teal'c and of course Sam and Jack can't go wrong with that combo. Plus Baal my favorite bad guy winning combination.
                sigpic
                Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

yeah I guess I do think Stargate at it's worst is still better than that reality cra* they keep trying to shove down our throats. I am looking forward to season five Atlantis and Sanctuary. Plus Continuum can't go wrong there no Vala - except as Quetesh although I will miss Teal'c and of course Sam and Jack can't go wrong with that combo. Plus Baal my favorite bad guy winning combination.
                  Stargate at its worst is way better than most of the stuff on television at the moment...I think that is perhaps part of what makes Seasons 9 and 10 of SG1 so frustrating, particularly the writing of Sam and stuff because, while it is still an excellent TV show it just was and still has the potential to be so much better!
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                  My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                    Stargate at its worst is way better than most of the stuff on television at the moment...I think that is perhaps part of what makes Seasons 9 and 10 of SG1 so frustrating, particularly the writing of Sam and stuff because, while it is still an excellent TV show it just was and still has the potential to be so much better!
                    I totally agree. It was better than other shows but in some moments I was just thinking that it could be better. Sometimes in S9/10 rather than addressing the issues, mythology, or science, the episodes brought up, tptb would just go for a laugh or gloss it over.

Ark of Truth
                    Spoiler:
                    It wasn't my favorite but I think that the development of Tomin in the film was a sort of return to the way that SG1 used to be. I really enjoyed that.

Comment

yes.

i've said it so many times, but looking back at s9, it's like trying to find what they did right instead of counting out the *numerous* mistakes. s10 made up for a lot of their probs, and for me, atlantis with sam made up even more, but still, the show we once knew and loved had slipped to a lower level.

i don't think this is spoilerage for 'ark of truth', but when i watched the movie, i felt zero squee on seeing the group back together. or at least 'this' group. seeing them as a team does little to nothing for me anymore. (someone on the 'ark of truth' thead called them the unteam)

i'm still looking forward to 'continuum', i just hope my i haven't set myself up for disappointment with the amount of sam, jack, and s/j ship i want. but the storyline itself it much more interesting for me, because the ori storyline was such a polarized one with it only being written for two out of the five characters (daniel and vala). i also love the concept of 'continuum' and the fact that they filmed in the arctic. so give me enough sam and throw in some ship, and i'll be a squeeful girl.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                        How about a kimono and geta (Japanese wooden sandals) My very strange dream... Spoilers for kind of real life weirdness:

Spoiler:
                        In my dream, Amanda came to New Zealand (yay!) and I went to see her in The Mikado "live on stage." In my dream (weird) "live on stage" meant that you could actually be on the stage with the actors, kind of like an extra, and you could watch from there. Amanda sang this song and I cried because it was so beautiful then afterwards I was trying to explain to Amanda just how much she means to me, and how I grew up with The Mikado. The video I just linked to is actually from the video of The Mikado that I watched constantly as a kid... every sick day and holiday it would run practically on repeat

Amanda is awesome, but her singing in my favourite childhood musical is just weird!

I'm sorry for being so off topic. Blue jello!
                        Lol. That is definitley up there with my Amanda / paddlepop / Hammond super soldier dream! Well done
                        sigpic

Comment

Completely unSam related can I just say I love the fact that you have Trapdoor as a sig! Brilliant! "Berrrrrttt feeed mee!!!" Giggles. Ah good times.
                          sigpic

Comment

has anybody seen this? Nice comments about AT in it!

http://www.flickfilosopher.com/blog/...t_to_be_a.html
                            "Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage," William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Comment

I agree. Season 9 wasn't very good for me. Except Riplle Effect Lots of Sam...literally
                              S10 was a lot better. The episodes were more evenly distributed between the characters.
                              AoT
                              Spoiler:
                              Cam in your face all over again
                              Last edited by jasminaGo; 20 March 2008, 05:29 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

HI SAMANDAN FAMILY

Originally Posted by atfan
                                I also agree the first few eps of season 9 up untill BEACHEAD they were okay but i didnt realy like how it was all Daniel and Vala i didnt realy watch them when they were on tv i started watching it from BEAHEAD and i love season 10 and i love it when Jack is there seeing him in 200 and the SHROUD it felt a bit like the good old day's

I love those pic's of Amanda

I'm going through Atlantis and Sanctuary withdrawl i need a Amanda fix

Oh i'm going to see an advanced screening of THE ARK OF TRUTH at the SUPANOVA convention in a couple of week's i cant wait to see it
                                sigpic
                                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Working...
                                X