tracy jane
    Tagger
    Forum Name: dipsofjazz
    Forum name Spacegirlnz
    Forum Name: antoa315
    My forum name is: Charlie!

did i miss anyone?
    *gets a slight complex*

Not sure if it matters at all, but mine is spelled wrong again. Sorry...if it's easier just put Cel.

Thanks too for organizing this thing Sky. Should be fun as who doesnt like receiving mail that has no affiliations whatsoever with bill collectors?

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
      chelle, always enjoy your posts from halfway around my world! We've already had snow this past week and you're sweltering on your veranda! Ain't the Internet grand? Global communication.
      Jack, the Elf on hormone therapy, eh?
      Must be off to work - play nice in the sandbox, Samandans.
      I love the internet...it's given me so much...new friends and hobbies and projects...it's fun!!!
      It's funny you know, I'm normally the one who complains the loudest at our house about the heat but not this year...now it's hubby...he who says "You have to condition yourself for the warmer weather coz it's all in your head!!"...yeah right!!! I was born and raised in Australia and have never gotten used to the Aussie summers...I can't figure out how feeling hot on a hot summers day is all in my imagination...like if I try to tell myself it's not hot then...it's NOT hot??...I don't think so!!!!!!

Poz changed the little elfies around and now Teal'c has the boobies!!!
      http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=9629011629

As for the sandboz...shouldn't it be the Amandabox?? ...or Stuckandabox???...I don't like sand much...it itches!!
      Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      I just had to ask. What is a nanna sleep? I've heard the word before but only used in the context when speaking of a grandmother and I don't think that's what you were talking about. Or were you?
      LOL You can't fool us. You know you love it!
      D'oH!!! Ok...I love it!!......what exactly do I love again???
      A nanna nap is what nanna's do in the afternoon...they take little naps to recharge their batteries...ok...that might have come out wrong...it's just a little afternoon nap/sleep to recharge ones self!!
      Happy birthday KirFect!!!

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
      Just watched Stuck. Very powerful. Very hard to breathe towards the end, especially during Liz's story. There was one particular line that winded me and (I know this sounds so awful and prejudiced) I had to remind myself that it was a male writer, because it was a thought process I never thought would come from a male.
      The whole movie keeps you totally entranced...it didn't need all the Hollywood gadgets and fancy stuff to make it wonderful...it had the best script and talented actors do it...I'm totally stuck on Stuck....and I still haven't emailed Lindsay yet...but it's on my to do list!!!!
      Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
      OK. Advance apologies.
      Spoiler:
      It's been building for a couple of weeks now. A very good friend of mine is schizophrenic (this is the eighteen year old I mentioned earlier this year, when she'd had a nervous breakdown and come very close to suicide), and a recent change in the dosage of her medication has resulted in the last week or so being hellish for her. She's had near-constant nausea and even worse, her pyschosis, which had been under control to a certain point, was coming back with a revenge. Voices not only at night, but during the day, telling her all sorts of terrible, terrible things. All this was made worse by her constant fretting over issues with her boyfriend, which I'm not going into depth about now. She saw her doctor on Friday, who told her that she's probably never coming off the medication. Huge thing to take in.
      She then went up to see the boyfriend, and things got worse. Extreme nausea, and voices telling her even worse things than before. The boy was very good here, it should be said. He's basically a good man, but the issues she had were the same ones that made me write a letter to him a few months ago to tell him so and that if he didn't pull himself together than I would end all contact with him (he was my best friend until then) and that I expected him to have the courage to call me to discuss it.
      As you can expect, we didn't speak. Until, tonight, when I had to call him after she'd managed to call me from the pysch ward that she's currently in. Yesterday, in a desperate attempt to just make the voices stop for a while, she took too much of her medication. She overdosed. You can perhaps imagine what I was like then, what I'm like now. My state wasn't brilliant anyway, as I'd been worrying about her for a week or so (which had also brought back some mixed emotions regarded her boyfriend) on top of another good friend having a painful break-up during the weekened.
      I was forced to leave a message and then a while later managed to get through to him in order to confirm that he'd received it. When she asked me a couple of weeks ago whether I believed that I'd ever speak to him again, this was not the situation I envisaged. Voice messages which are strained have been left on each other's phones, I've broken the news to another mutual friend (which I feel guilty about because I know she's under a lot of pressure right now, but I know she'd feel terrible if we kept it a secret) and I'm gnawed inside by something that even when I'm not directly thinking about how I could have lost her, is still there in my chest. The outward shaking has stopped, but not inwards, if that makes sense.
      Thank you, and sorry to post such a thing, even in spoilers.
      (((resurgamlaura)))...(((and friend)))...I wish I knew what to say...I can only send you my best wishes and hope that things settle down for you both!
      Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
      http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...amMartouf2.jpg
      "I had the craziest dream ... you and I were on an elevator."
      ...sweet!!!
      Speaking of dreams...
      Spoiler:
      I had one the other night where Amanda and Alan and Olivia came to Australia and we were all staying at a ranch style country house. In it, I wanted to get up and have a coffee but Amanda and her family were sleeping in a room adjoining the kitchen/dining rooms so I was hesitant about making any noise and disturbing them. Then I heard Olivia chatting with her mum so I thought well they're awake so I'll go put the kettle on...and there I was making my coffee and Amanda was coming out of her room with Olivia in their pj's and I asked them if they had seen the kangaroos this morning...coz the sun was just rising and there were kangaroos grazing in the front yard...Olivia got all excited and I walked out with my coffee and watched the sun rise...leaving them inside!....FCOL...what an idiot I was in my dream...in reality, I wouldn't have walked out with at least offering Amanda a cuppa or asking them to come out and see the roos...but no...I went out by myself...then this helicopter came and I woke up!!!...the weird thing was though, Amanda's hair was short again....but it was such a fun dream...if only we could record our dreams like we record tv shows...that would be so awesome!!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      from gateworld's home page -
      http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/1...i_walk-o.shtml
      Auction offers Atlantis walk-on role
      Your chance to be a part of Stargate's history is now! An online auction is now offering what is billed as the "Ultimate Sci-Fi Experience."
      Included for the auction winner is a walk-on role in a future episode of Stargate Atlantis and lunch on the set of the series with stars Joe Flanigan and Amanda Tapping. In addition to themselves, the winner will also be allowed to have one guest accompany them.

k, if they're talking about a *future* ep, that would have to be an s5 ep because they've already finished filming s4. and if they're offering up amanda as part of the prize (that doesn't sound right, does it? ), then that would mean that SAM/AMANDA WILL BE IN S5!!
      am i jumping the gun?

sally
      Hehe...I think Amanda will be back...I'll lay odds on it that she will...not money though...I got none!!...so I won't be bidding......BUT...if I win the lottery this weekend I'm gonna get it!!!! ...now who to take along with me???!!!
      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      for the card party, i have
      Donamac
      Forum name: HiSG1Fans
      Forum Name: PengYn
      (SG Gato)
      Amy
      Samcarterrules
      Tittamiire
      forum name: chelle db
      Nickname: RepliCartertje
      Celadine
      tracy jane
      Tagger
      Forum Name: dipsofjazz
      Forum name Spacegirlnz
      Forum Name: antoa315
      My forum name is: Charlie!
      did i miss anyone?
      Did Eileen (NZNeep) not put her name down??? Just check with her...I would have thought she'd want to join in on the fun...but then I dunno...I don't want to speak for her...although I could try but she might not appreciate that
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Night all...take care, be safe and have fun!
        (((Samanda)))
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Cool dream chelle

I had one a while back it probaly sounds crazy but I dreamt i was at a con and it was in an airport for some reason i was so excited about meeting Amanda i saw her comming myway i was so happy i went over to her and i went to say something and nothing came out and then out of nowhere my little dog mini-me starts running around i ran after him but he was to fast for me so i ran back to where Amanda was but she wasnt there then i saw her leaving i ran over to her but as i got close my little dog tripped me i was like NOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!! then i woke up my little sister and my parent told me they heard me from the other end of the house

I so hope Amanda is in season 5 of Atlantis
          sigpic
          (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
            Cool dream chelle

I had one a while back it probaly sounds crazy but I dreamt i was at a con and it was in an airport for some reason i was so excited about meeting Amanda i saw her comming myway i was so happy i went over to her and i went to say something and nothing came out and then out of nowhere my little dog mini-me starts running around i ran after him but he was to fast for me so i ran back to where Amanda was but she wasnt there then i saw her leaving i ran over to her but as i got close my little dog tripped me i was like NOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!! then i woke up my little sister and my parent told me they heard me from the other end of the house

Awww...that more like a nightmare...hehe!!!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
              Did Eileen (NZNeep) not put her name down??? Just check with her...I would have thought she'd want to join in on the fun...but then I dunno...I don't want to speak for her...although I could try but she might not appreciate that
              *checks payslip*

Ok, ok! If it's not too late I'm in
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                *checks payslip*

Lol. I had to do that too! But cause I had a week off work, and I'm getting worse again I'm gonna have to borrow money off ma to send cards.
                sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                  Lol. I had to do that too! But cause I had a week off work, and I'm getting worse again I'm gonna have to borrow money off ma to send cards.
                  Ok, now I'm really excited about it. Heeee!
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                    *checks payslip*

WooHoo!! Just make sure you email Sky and let her know!!!!!

Night all again...just got back from seeing dad in the hospital...he's looking and sounding so much better...doctor says things should only get better from now on...yay!!!
                    I told him that everyone sends their best wishes and he just shook his head, looked down to his hands and was totally speechless...and that's saying something from dad...not that he can talk much anyway...the first thing affected by the cancer was his voice...he won't ever get it back the way it used to be...he kinda sounds like the Godfather! Anyway...just updated my myspace blog again and now I'm off to finish this coffee....mmmmm....coffee...is there anything it can't do?!!
                    (((Thank you everyone!)))...from me and my dad....and the whole clan!!!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

(((chelle and family))) All our love.

And yep, I emailed.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hi everybody!

I love to read in the Sam-Thread. Thanks very much for posting all those pictures of her.
                        Since now I have only seen Tabula Rasa and The Seer via Internet, in TV season 3 has just begun (I think we're more than half year behind maybe it's because the translation takes so long).

You were talking about Sam/Amanda-dreams. I also had one:
                        Spoiler:
                        I was at a tv casting show called "Popstars" and I was going to sing, but... I was really nervous because I got to know the song just that day and I had a hard time to lean the english text and the melody. I also had a problem to find a good outfit. ...and time was running. I got really late to the stage and 'Oh my god' Amanda was singing and stepped into my shoes. I was so glad that I didn't have to perform and it was so nice to see her just a few steps away from me. She was wonderful and looked so pretty. Everybody was amazed.
                        I don't know if Amanda is a good singer but in my imagination she was fantastic.

As I'm not an english native speaker can somebody tell me what is a "whumping" thread and a "thunk" thread and what does "squee" mean?

Comment

Originally posted by darla View Post
                          Hi everybody!

I love to read in the Sam-Thread. Thanks very much for posting all those pictures of her.
                          Since now I have only seen Tabula Rasa and The Seer via Internet, in TV season 3 has just begun (I think we're more than half year behind maybe it's because the translation takes so long).

Spoiler:
                          I was at a tv casting show called "Popstars" and I was going to sing, but... I was really nervous because I got to know the song just that day and I had a hard time to lean the english text and the melody. I also had a problem to find a good outfit. ...and time was running. I got really late to the stage and 'Oh my god' Amanda was singing and stepped into my shoes. I was so glad that I didn't have to perform and it was so nice to see her just a few steps away from me. She was wonderful and looked so pretty. Everybody was amazed.
                          I don't know if Amanda is a good singer but in my imagination she was fantastic.

As I'm not an english native speaker can somebody tell me what is a "whumping" thread and a "thunk" thread and what does "squee" mean?
                          Fraulein Darla, Velkommen to Samanda! If I misspelled the German words, just know that it is the thought that counts.

We are glad to have you here. And your English is quite good.

Whumping means angst, a character getting hurt - maybe like "sturm und drang" - oh, forgive me - my German is very poor.

Thunk is a character who is very sexy, "hot" - I'm sure you'll find the right German word for that.

Many Samandans write fanfic and many of us enjoy "whumping" our characters, especially Sam.

Squee is what fans do when they meet Amanda, it's a high-pitched scream of delight. You can probably "squee" in your dreams too as someone here has already awakened her family during her dream of Sam.

Comment

chelle, great news about your dad! Does he have a DVD player? Just thinking ... you could introduce him to Stargate during his convalescence. Laughter and the beauty of Amanda would be great for his immune system.

I just re-watched The Seer and am seeing so much change in Sam/Amanda - she carries herself differently, her face is more mature, her voice has changed. Wow! It's like getting acquainted with the character all over again. I think it's great.

Here's to mature, independent women everywhere! The beauty of midlife mind and body!

Comment

Poz changed the little elfies around and now Teal'c has the boobies!!!
                              http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=9629011629
                              *giggles* I still can't get over how funny this is.

Speaking of dreams...
                              Spoiler:
                              I had one the other night where Amanda and Alan and Olivia came to Australia and we were all staying at a ranch style country house. In it, I wanted to get up and have a coffee but Amanda and her family were sleeping in a room adjoining the kitchen/dining rooms so I was hesitant about making any noise and disturbing them. Then I heard Olivia chatting with her mum so I thought well they're awake so I'll go put the kettle on...and there I was making my coffee and Amanda was coming out of her room with Olivia in their pj's and I asked them if they had seen the kangaroos this morning...coz the sun was just rising and there were kangaroos grazing in the front yard...Olivia got all excited and I walked out with my coffee and watched the sun rise...leaving them inside!....FCOL...what an idiot I was in my dream...in reality, I wouldn't have walked out with at least offering Amanda a cuppa or asking them to come out and see the roos...but no...I went out by myself...then this helicopter came and I woke up!!!...the weird thing was though, Amanda's hair was short again....but it was such a fun dream...if only we could record our dreams like we record tv shows...that would be so awesome!!
                              Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post

Hi everybody!

Spoiler:

hehe..some very awesome dreams here. I used to sleep more and hence dream, but since my teenage years I've become something of an insomniac. My light will be on all night long as I'm either playing on the lappy or reading. Ah well. It's fun hearing of all your AT dreams nonetheless.

Nice little fic here I found.

A Christmas Wish

Warnings for Daniel/Jack ship

Comment

Hi everybody!

Spoiler:

Warning, dodgy German ahead. Click to read.
                                Warnung, schlechtes Deutsch gibt's hier. Zum lesen, hierunter clicken.

Spoiler:
                                Naja, hallo Darla! Wir haben so viele komische Worter hier in Samanda! Obwohl ich sicher bin, dass du schon die Erklarungen von CG verstanden hast, ich werde auf Deutsch erklaren...

Whumping - Wenn Jemand in der Geschichte verletzt wird, entwieder korperlich oder psychologisch. Normaleweise gehen diese Geschichte nicht nur um die Verletzung, sondern auch wie die anderen dieses Person pflegen.

Thunk - das kommt von dem Ton der Leute, der auf den Boden hinfallen (sie werden schwach, weil der Schauspieler so ganz gut aussieht).

Squee - ist nur der Ton wenn jemanden schreit wie ein kleines Kind (die sind so ganz aufgeregt).

Also, herzliches Wilkommen in Samanda! Viel Spass
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X