• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ames View Post

(((HUGS)))
    Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Happy Birthday from me too

*tries not to be annoying* sky I resent my e-mail about the Christmas card shower to you again last night b/c you had my GW name on the list you posted but the real name first letter wasn't right, but it was very late here and I didn't post to tell you I'd done it, so I was wondering if you got it OK? Sorry to be a pain in the mik'ta

(((((resurgamlaura)))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
    Thank you. I'm feeling a little less shaken, but I really do appreciate it.
    sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      Here's a great big (((((HUGZ))))) to everyone.

I want to thank all the Samandan's that have been sending me hugs and happy thoughts, they really are appreciated and help when I get down. My recovery hasn't been as fast as I would have liked and I still can't read with my right eye yet but I have a checkup today so maybe the Doc can give me a better idea of what will happen and when.
      <snip>
      I hope the Doctor has good news for you!

Jacob: What the...?
      Sam: They appear to be dancing Christmas Elves.

Heh...quite lame but oh well.
      sigpic
      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

because RCC wrote it and Sam's a GIRL!!!

Seriously for those of us that weren't too happy with S9 & 10 do you honestly expect RCC to change his stripes now? I expect AOT to be more of the same but I'm willing to be surprised.
        I am keeping my expectations very very low for AoT, largely because coop's defintion of 'good' and mine don't mesh well.

continuum, however, i am really, really looking forward to
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
          OK. Advance apologies.

Spoiler:
          It's been building for a couple of weeks now. A very good friend of mine is schizophrenic (this is the eighteen year old I mentioned earlier this year, when she'd had a nervous breakdown and come very close to suicide), and a recent change in the dosage of her medication has resulted in the last week or so being hellish for her. She's had near-constant nausea and even worse, her pyschosis, which had been under control to a certain point, was coming back with a revenge. Voices not only at night, but during the day, telling her all sorts of terrible, terrible things. All this was made worse by her constant fretting over issues with her boyfriend, which I'm not going into depth about now. She saw her doctor on Friday, who told her that she's probably never coming off the medication. Huge thing to take in.

She then went up to see the boyfriend, and things got worse. Extreme nausea, and voices telling her even worse things than before. The boy was very good here, it should be said. He's basically a good man, but the issues she had were the same ones that made me write a letter to him a few months ago to tell him so and that if he didn't pull himself together than I would end all contact with him (he was my best friend until then) and that I expected him to have the courage to call me to discuss it.

As you can expect, we didn't speak. Until, tonight, when I had to call him after she'd managed to call me from the pysch ward that she's currently in. Yesterday, in a desperate attempt to just make the voices stop for a while, she took too much of her medication. She overdosed. You can perhaps imagine what I was like then, what I'm like now. My state wasn't brilliant anyway, as I'd been worrying about her for a week or so (which had also brought back some mixed emotions regarded her boyfriend) on top of another good friend having a painful break-up during the weekened.

I was forced to leave a message and then a while later managed to get through to him in order to confirm that he'd received it. When she asked me a couple of weeks ago whether I believed that I'd ever speak to him again, this was not the situation I envisaged. Voice messages which are strained have been left on each other's phones, I've broken the news to another mutual friend (which I feel guilty about because I know she's under a lot of pressure right now, but I know she'd feel terrible if we kept it a secret) and I'm gnawed inside by something that even when I'm not directly thinking about how I could have lost her, is still there in my chest. The outward shaking has stopped, but not inwards, if that makes sense.

Thank you, and sorry to post such a thing, even in spoilers.
          so sorry you're having such a dreadful time. My thoughts are with you. xx
          "Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage," William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Comment

Hugs to RoX and Res.

I hold out no hopes for Ark of Truth, but do for Continuum. I'm also pleased that it sounds like Sam will get some good stuff later in the Atlantis season.

I got to see the Seer and liked that they let her do stuff. Particularly
            Spoiler:
            making the hard decisions and how she dealt with Woolsey. Go Sam!

Comment

OK. Advance apologies.

Spoiler:
              It's been building for a couple of weeks now. A very good friend of mine is schizophrenic (this is the eighteen year old I mentioned earlier this year, when she'd had a nervous breakdown and come very close to suicide), and a recent change in the dosage of her medication has resulted in the last week or so being hellish for her. She's had near-constant nausea and even worse, her pyschosis, which had been under control to a certain point, was coming back with a revenge. Voices not only at night, but during the day, telling her all sorts of terrible, terrible things. All this was made worse by her constant fretting over issues with her boyfriend, which I'm not going into depth about now. She saw her doctor on Friday, who told her that she's probably never coming off the medication. Huge thing to take in.

She then went up to see the boyfriend, and things got worse. Extreme nausea, and voices telling her even worse things than before. The boy was very good here, it should be said. He's basically a good man, but the issues she had were the same ones that made me write a letter to him a few months ago to tell him so and that if he didn't pull himself together than I would end all contact with him (he was my best friend until then) and that I expected him to have the courage to call me to discuss it.

As you can expect, we didn't speak. Until, tonight, when I had to call him after she'd managed to call me from the pysch ward that she's currently in. Yesterday, in a desperate attempt to just make the voices stop for a while, she took too much of her medication. She overdosed. You can perhaps imagine what I was like then, what I'm like now. My state wasn't brilliant anyway, as I'd been worrying about her for a week or so (which had also brought back some mixed emotions regarded her boyfriend) on top of another good friend having a painful break-up during the weekened.

I was forced to leave a message and then a while later managed to get through to him in order to confirm that he'd received it. When she asked me a couple of weeks ago whether I believed that I'd ever speak to him again, this was not the situation I envisaged. Voice messages which are strained have been left on each other's phones, I've broken the news to another mutual friend (which I feel guilty about because I know she's under a lot of pressure right now, but I know she'd feel terrible if we kept it a secret) and I'm gnawed inside by something that even when I'm not directly thinking about how I could have lost her, is still there in my chest. The outward shaking has stopped, but not inwards, if that makes sense.

((((Res!!))))

Comment

Hugs for both RoX and Res.

Hope all goes better for both of you.

I'm hanging my hopes on Continuum for Sam. Not so sure about AOT but I'm ever so hopeful .

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY kIRFECT~!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                    HAPPY BIRTHDAY kIRFECT~!
                    I already said this on the Sanctuary Board, but I figure the more wishes, the better the day, so Happy Day from me too!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                      Happy birthday Kir!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a great day.
                      Ditto from me too! Hope your day was pretty awesome!

OK. Advance apologies.

Spoiler:

*hugs* Hope things get better for you and those you care for. This is definitely a heavy load to carry..almost too much for one person. Sending you lots and lots of positive thoughts and cheer to help you get through the rest. Take care and know you never have to hide your feelings here. We all love you.

Originally posted by Torri View Post
                      small wallpaper...

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/sam_shsi.jpg

hope you love it
                      Ooh very nice! I do love it! Thanks for sharing!

Here's a great big (((((HUGZ))))) to everyone.

I want to thank all the Samandan's that have been sending me hugs and happy thoughts, they really are appreciated and help when I get down. My recovery hasn't been as fast as I would have liked and I still can't read with my right eye yet but I have a checkup today so maybe the Doc can give me a better idea of what will happen and when.
                      Recovery never seems to go as fast as we would like does it? Hoping you get some very awesome news from the Doctor today too.

Comment

"I had the craziest dream ... you and I were on an elevator."

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                          Cam was supposed to replace O'Neill and they wanted to put their weight behind that decision...it's stupid really....but hey.
                          then mitchell would have been 'general mitchell', because *that's* what jack's position was before he left. now, if we're talking about replacing leading man rick with leading man ben...

ben took rick's place, but mitchell took sam's place.

(glad things have been mended)

as for 'ark of truth', i have very low expectations because it's just a continuation of s9/10 storyline.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

from gateworld's home page -

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/1...i_walk-o.shtml

Auction offers Atlantis walk-on role

Your chance to be a part of Stargate's history is now! An online auction is now offering what is billed as the "Ultimate Sci-Fi Experience."

Included for the auction winner is a walk-on role in a future episode of Stargate Atlantis and lunch on the set of the series with stars Joe Flanigan and Amanda Tapping. In addition to themselves, the winner will also be allowed to have one guest accompany them.

k, if they're talking about a *future* ep, that would have to be an s5 ep because they've already finished filming s4. and if they're offering up amanda as part of the prize (that doesn't sound right, does it? ), then that would mean that SAM/AMANDA WILL BE IN S5!!

am i jumping the gun?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

you're jumping the gun, imho

amanda and joe star in the show NOW, but may/may not for s5, we haven't heard that yet

personally? i don't count my casting until i hear something froman official source, and mgm's promotion dept isn't what i call official,especially for something like this

sorry sally
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

for the card party, i have

Donamac
                                Forum name: HiSG1Fans
                                Forum Name: PengYn
                                (SG Gato)
                                Amy
                                Samcarterrules
                                Tittamiire