Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    What in the world is a spoodle or English staffy?!! My first thought when reading it was, "I wonder what flavor...perhaps strawberry, yummm.." before I realized you were talking about dogs.
    A spoodle is a cross between a poodle and a spaniel...it's great for those allergic to dog hairs...it's a medium sixe dog and they are really cute!
    An English staffordshire terrier is just that...can't explain it better...try googling it!!
    I was thinking...I know...I do that occasionally...but I reckon Sam would love a Blue Heeler or Kelpie...only thing is they are active working dogs.
    Originally posted by Krystle View Post
    Hi everyone ::waves:: I'm Krystle and I'm an Amanda-a-holic.
    I was just taking a look around and found this thread and was like "oooo Sam" and came right on in. Since Sam is one of my fav characters and Amanda was just made for fangirling, I figured this was a good place to be. Now I must go read through this so I know what you guys are talking about.
    Welcome to Samanda Krystle!!!

Originally posted by matoak82 View Post
    To Sky and JanSam
    Thanks a bunch for your time and talent for getting a supply of the movie STUCK I received my copy yesterday and watched it today. I was blown away by AT and RJ's performances. I just couldn't believe the size of that elevator! Ha,ha
    Thank you again.
    Me too!!! I was thinking that when I was watching it too...and how clean it was compared to the hallways...no graffiti in it...I watched it with hubby last night...well he slept through most of it...guess which part he didn't miss...but good thing was he just watched and went back to sleep without having mentioned Vala!!!...which for hubby is a good thing!!!
    Last edited by Chelle DB; 25 November 2007, 12:31 AM.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I was just taking a look around and found this thread and was like "oooo Sam" and came right on in. Since Sam is one of my fav characters and Amanda was just made for fangirling, I figured this was a good place to be. Now I must go read through this so I know what you guys are talking about.
      Welcome to Gateworld Krystle!! I guess you are Coffee Nebula on LJ right?

Then you rock for starting the Sam Carter Icon Community!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
        I got the movie and had no idea about the sex scene until I was watching it...if I had I'm not sure if I would have watched that part of it. But, now that I have seen it, I'm glad. Amanda did an incredible job. I'm blown away by he performance, and I think it takes a lot of guts to play a role that intense, not to mention talent. I think this movie gave really gave her a chance to show what she's made of, perhaps more so than she generally gets to do in stargate.

I do understand how you feel though Mumsey - my mum feels the same way! Last year I played 'Mimi' in the musical 'Rent' and once she found out about all the sexual stuff required for the role she tried to forbid me from doing it and, when that didn't work, she refused to come see it. I can respect that - it would've been weird for both of us! And especially for my Mum, watching her only daughter behave that way, and in front of a thousand people every night.

I think here's where it's important to really draw the line between actress and character. I mean, for me playing Mimi was the hardest thing I've ever done. I never been more scared of anything in my life! I had to overcome a lot of my own hang-ups in order to do it. But I did, because it was a great part, and because nothing I was being asked to do was overly gratutious or unimportant to the character. That said, I did have a few problems with guys after the show who couldn't tell the difference between the character I played and me!

Back on topic, what I'm trying to say is that Amanda's decision to do the scene was a pretty brave one. Whether we choose to watch it or not doesn't change that, and whether we like or not we should still respect it. I found that 'Stuck' was kind of hard to watch at times, and I wouldn't watch it with my parents who are pretty conservative. But it was powerful, moving, intense and a really really awesome achievement for everyone involved.

And to finish my marathon post....Yay Amanda! And Yay Mumsey, coz you rock
        WTG Charlie!! I'd pat you on the back if I could reach...but this virtual hug will have to suffice!!
        (((Charlie!)))

Well that was a nice quick catch up...but have to get kids ready for bed and read some school notices and al that wonderful jazz...so night all, take care, be safe and have fun!!
        (((Samanda)))

Oooh...had a dream with Sam Carter in it last night...not Amanda...Sam!!!...and it was really weird...we were held hostage in a hotel and we needed rescuing...we weren't too worried but the bad guys wouldn't let us have anything from the bar fridge...and I remember being really thirsty...and Sam was just really cool...quiet but really cool!!! ...I love dreaming about Stargate...it doesn't happen much but when it does...woohoo!!!
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
          A spoodle is a cross between a poodle and a spaniel...it's great for those allergic to dog hairs...it's a medium sixe dog and they are really cute!
          An English staffordshire terrier is just that...can't explain it better...try googling it!!
          I was thinking...I know...I do that occasionally...but I reckon Sam would love a Blue Heeler or Kelpie...only thing is they are active working dogs.
          And she will call her Blue Heeler Lisa Mccune
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            And she will call her Blue Heeler Lisa Mccune
            Oh good god no!!!! Never!!!! She will call her blue heeler anything but Lisa or Maggie!!!...I should think she would call it Basil...after Basil Fawlty!!!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oh good god no!!!! Never!!!! She will call her blue heeler anything but Lisa or Maggie!!!...I should think she would call it Basil...after Basil Fawlty!!!
              Oh come on! She will call her dog Lisa or Maggie, you know she will. And Jack will think it's a Simpsons reference and be delighted
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Welcome to Samanda Krystle!

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                I got the movie and had no idea about the sex scene until I was watching it...if I had I'm not sure if I would have watched that part of it. But, now that I have seen it, I'm glad. Amanda did an incredible job. I'm blown away by he performance, and I think it takes a lot of guts to play a role that intense, not to mention talent. I think this movie gave really gave her a chance to show what she's made of, perhaps more so than she generally gets to do in stargate.

I do understand how you feel though Mumsey - my mum feels the same way! Last year I played 'Mimi' in the musical 'Rent' and once she found out about all the sexual stuff required for the role she tried to forbid me from doing it and, when that didn't work, she refused to come see it. I can respect that - it would've been weird for both of us! And especially for my Mum, watching her only daughter behave that way, and in front of a thousand people every night.

I think here's where it's important to really draw the line between actress and character. I mean, for me playing Mimi was the hardest thing I've ever done. I never been more scared of anything in my life! I had to overcome a lot of my own hang-ups in order to do it. But I did, because it was a great part, and because nothing I was being asked to do was overly gratutious or unimportant to the character. That said, I did have a few problems with guys after the show who couldn't tell the difference between the character I played and me!

Back on topic, what I'm trying to say is that Amanda's decision to do the scene was a pretty brave one. Whether we choose to watch it or not doesn't change that, and whether we like or not we should still respect it. I found that 'Stuck' was kind of hard to watch at times, and I wouldn't watch it with my parents who are pretty conservative. But it was powerful, moving, intense and a really really awesome achievement for everyone involved.

And to finish my marathon post....Yay Amanda! And Yay Mumsey, coz you rock
                Charlie great post! I seen Stuck 4 times now since getting it on Friday it was difficult to watch at first b/c I was a bit shocked (not having known exactly the content) but once I got into the story and forgot that it was Amanda and JR I was watching it was a wonderfully thought provoking, intense and raw. I agree that Amanda's decision to do some of those scenes was a brave one but I'm so glad she did b/c to me, it show just how talented Amanda is. And yeah a great achievement for everyone involved, I think its become my favourite film.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Welcome Krystle to Samanda! Glad you found us and I hope you stick around and post lots!

Oooh...had a dream with Sam Carter in it last night...not Amanda...Sam!!!...and it was really weird...we were held hostage in a hotel and we needed rescuing...we weren't too worried but the bad guys wouldn't let us have anything from the bar fridge...and I remember being really thirsty...and Sam was just really cool...quiet but really cool!!! ...I love dreaming about Stargate...it doesn't happen much but when it does...woohoo!!!
                  Since I don't sleep much and hardly dream... *waits for part two*

Comment

Hi all,

Just dropping by with the latest Aftershock which is Sam/Jack shippy for those needing the ship alert.

Bad Days & Bad Ideas

TAGs 'The Other Side'.

Hope you're all keeping well.
                    sigpic
                    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      can you see that on the medical report?

'i feel off my skateboard adn broke my arm after i tripped over my hair'
                      'and yes I am an adult'.

Hey! Welcome to the thread! Standard disclaimer, Samanda and Gateworld are not responsible for any damage to you, your laptop, your monitor, keyboard, furniture or yourself caused by you laughing so hard you fall off your chair, spills something or shoot chocolate milk (or other beverage) out of your nose.

Get comfy, nice to meet you, Sam is totally awesome...and don't worry...I don't think we know what we're talking about most of the time.

To Sky and JanSam

Thanks a bunch for your time and talent for getting a supply of the movie STUCK I received my copy yesterday and watched it today. I was blown away by AT and RJ's performances. I just couldn't believe the size of that elevator! Ha,ha

Thank you again.
                      YAY! Stuck club! and yes....the elevator was huge *g* even my little claustrophic self could ride that elevator.

WTG Charlie!! I'd pat you on the back if I could reach...but this virtual hug will have to suffice!!
                      (((Charlie!)))

Well that was a nice quick catch up...but have to get kids ready for bed and read some school notices and al that wonderful jazz...so night all, take care, be safe and have fun!!
                      (((Samanda)))

Rather a cool Sam dream. YAY for Sam dreams
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

hi krystle, welcome to the thread

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                          Hi all,

Just dropping by with the latest Aftershock which is Sam/Jack shippy for those needing the ship alert.

Bad Days & Bad Ideas

TAGs 'The Other Side'.

Hope you're all keeping well.
                          I just read this, I thought it was really good

sig by starlover1990

Comment

To Sky and JanSam

Thank you again.
                            i'm glad it made it there. sometimes the post scares me, because it's the one variable that we can't control
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              i'm glad it made it there. sometimes the post scares me, because it's the one variable that we can't control
                              Sorry it took a while to give you the head's up, but my copies arrived on Thurs I watched it for the first time on Friday ... not what I expected, but definitely some pretty great character building! I think I'll have more to comment once I watch it again...

I'm passing Tracy's copy along tomorrow, so hopefully she'll have seen it in a couple of days as well!

Thanks again!!!
                              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                              ames on facebook
                              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I enjoyed "Stuck" so much. Mine arrived on Thursday and I've watched it more times than days have passed! It was great to see Amanda playing a character that wasn't a doctor or a professor or any kind of scientist! I've loved Amanda in all the roles she's been in but Liz was just such a breathe of fresh air!
                                Spoiler:
                                I could never see Sam or Helen Magnus having sex in a lift with complete strangers around them.

I was wondering...I've created a page for "Stuck" at Wikipedia and I was wondering if anyone would like to make some contributions to it? Maybe add or correct some details perhaps?

You'll find the page here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuck_%28TV_short%29

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X