"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!"
    You mean it won't?!

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Happy Birthday Tracy!!

Hope you have a relaxing day!

Comment

Originally posted by sgmaryjune View Post
        Idea. Sam should dump both the guys and team up with Vala. Slash can be fun and worth the extra trouble.
        http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...samvalahug.jpg
        A little bit of slash is good for the soul

I like most mainstream ships....just avoid the really weird ones, I don't like nightmares.

I think it's one of those situations where whatever happens in the episodes re characters relationship someone will be annoyed by it...sadly.
        sigpic
        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post

I like most mainstream ships....just avoid the really weird ones, I don't like nightmares.

I think it's one of those situations where whatever happens in the episodes re characters relationship someone will be annoyed by it...sadly.
          Welcome to the fandom Isn't that always the case?? people who will like it and others who will not like it... The issue is how you deal with it. Do you just ignore it and see what the next episode has to bring or do you start making a fuzz about it and keep being negative and bashing other people and other characters...

I mean I admit I don't like some episode either, but I just watch them, rant a bit about it and then go on... see what the next one has to bring. I am not starting to blame everyone becuase I don't like one thing in the episode...

Comment

Oooh, it's Tracy Jane's birthday, I've brought something just for you.

I hope you like it.

Spoiler:

Darn it Jan, that was TJ's cake, did you have to eat it all up!

Happy Birthday TJ
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post

I agree. I really have no issues with any ship as long as the storylines are written well. Sadly, I don't really feel that the writers on Stargate do a great job of writing romantic relationships, so therefore I prefer not to see any romance at all.

I admit I actually prefer Sam/Teal'c or Sam/Jack above all other ships simply because those are my favorite characters on the show, which seems to be the case for most fans. In general they tend to want their favorite characters to be together, be it a m/f relationship or a slash/femslash one.

I guess the difference for me is that while I enjoy the idea of Sam/Teal'c being together in a romantic relationship, I can live without it just as well. I'm just as happy to see them as simply friends; whereas other fans tend to become so wrapped up in the romantic storylines that god help any character who gets in the way of their favorite ship -- be it Sam, Pete, Weir, or alien #5.
              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 03 August 2007, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                I agree. I really have no issues with any ship as long as the storylines are written well. Sadly, I don't feels the writers on Stargate do a great job of writing romantic relationships and therefore I prefer not to see any romance at all.

I admit I actually perferred Sam/Teal'c or Sam/Jack above all other ships simply because those are my favorite characters on the show, which seems to be the case for most fans -- in general they want their favorite characters to be together, be it a hetro relationship or slash/femslash.

I guess the difference for me is that while I enjoy the idea of Sam/Teal'c being together in a romantic relationship, I can live without it just as well. I'm just as happy to see them as simply friends; whereas other fans tend to become so wrapped up in the romantic storylines that god help any character who gets in the way of their favorite ship.
                Yeah. And then I feel like every little thing that's said in interviews or commentaries or at conventions is scrutinized by people from all sides, because they're so involved in it... It's easy to lose objectivity with that sort of thing. The actors - AT, in particular - can't seem to get it right with some fans. If she says one thing, people jump on it; if she says the opposite, people jump on it. And then go on, and on, and on...

Like you, I liked Sam/Teal'c and Sam/Jack. And it was only when S9 premiered that I realized how OK I would be if S/J was never shown on screen. I feel like it had taken away so much of what made the Sam/Jack friendship dynamic enjoyable, and all it did was cause controversy. It didn't help that they never seemed to provide a definitive answer to the ship questions.

Frankly, I've really liked my Sam/Jack ship-free seasons, because it has allowed me to enjoy early episodes with sprinkles of friendship, shippy fanfiction and vids, and all other manner of S/J fanon, without having to worry about the lame baggage that comes with TPTB's waffled attempts at "resolution".

In Trio,
                Spoiler:
                if they mention Sam's love life, and especially if it involves Sam and Jack, I would hope that the not-so-subtle aspect of the conversation is very clear, very direct and very concise. Otherwise, I'd really rather they not mention it at all.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Tracy!

Hope you have a fantastic day, relax, and get spoiled for a change...

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

For what program was this guy recording?

http://amandaraesmith.com/gallery/sa...nings/IMG_5267

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                      As for fishing...I never saw it as a euphemism for sex but rather a term to describe Sam and Jack being in a relationship...being together...just not necessarily sex in general...did that make sense?
                      I don't know where you guys get this stuff. No, they just like fishing. There's no relationship at all other than mutual respect. None! La, la, la, I'm not listening/reading. jckfan goes back to the comfort of the polar bears' ice flow.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

Dude, there were so many camera crews at Comic Con, I couldn't even hazard a guess for this one. Sorry, parsifal.

I know G4 and SciFi were definitely recording the event. I'm pretty sure VEOH had a crew at or near the Sanctuary booth as well.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

I have no idea. I probbly should have asked But then, I was a bit busy keeping the crowds under control (and taking pictures).

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                            Dude, there were so many camera crews at Comic Con, I couldn't even hazard a guess for this one. Sorry, parsifal.

I know G4 and SciFi were definitely recording the event. I'm pretty sure VEOH had a crew at or near the Sanctuary booth as well.
                            Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                            I have no idea. I probbly should have asked But then, I was a bit busy keeping the crowds under control (and taking pictures).
                            Okay. I thought perhaps someone asked, saw a logo, or something.

Comment

Question:
                              Has anyone figured out which episodes Carter won't be in?

I've tried to keep track, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which ones won't require Carter's presence/assistance/etc.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                                Question:
                                Has anyone figured out which episodes Carter won't be in?

I've tried to keep track, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which ones won't require Carter's presence/assistance/etc.
                                Thanks guys.... just spent five hours in a mobile phone shop. My network have screwed me over again. Can't be arsed right now, but I've just written a long email to trading standards.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X