X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
    Just a reminder, Sam could use some help over in this thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=44891&page=6

She's 12 away from getting the 50, but she's still slightly behind.

I'm not obsessive much, am I?
    I just tied her with Vala. SHe only needs 9 more votes.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
      Hehehe, anything to help out with Deejay's obsession Now she only needs 8
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Hehehe, anything to help out with Deejay's obsession Now she only needs 8
        I love being an enabler as well. She's now 6 shy of the 50 mark.

Comment

There is a small article on GW home page regarding S4 Atlantis.... Small mention of Carter. WARNING SPOILERS FOR SEASON 4!! http://gateworld.net/news/2007/06/ca...nds_full.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
            There is a small article on GW home page regarding S4 Atlantis.... Small mention of Carter. WARNING SPOILERS FOR SEASON 4!! http://gateworld.net/news/2007/06/ca...nds_full.shtml
            Thanks for the link! It's interesting to see SyFy Portal's article on GW's homepage. I'm so used to it being the other way around.

Comment

I'm way out of the loop, but all this talk of articles made me go through a couple on the homepage and the one about ratings had me laughing (in an 'if we don't laugh, we'll .....' kind of way).

"Unending" scored a 1.7 rating, about 50 percent higher than its recent numbers.

This represents 2.2 million viewers for the swan song of the veteran series.

"Unending" made SCI FI Channel the number one cable channel among the 18 to 49 and 25 to 54 demographics at the 8 p.m. hour, and even beat broadcast networks FOX, CBS and ABC among men 25 to 54 and 18 to 49.
              At least it's completely clear now why the decision to cancel was made. Makes perfect sense. Ha.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                I'm way out of the loop, but all this talk of articles made me go through a couple on the homepage and the one about ratings had me laughing (in an 'if we don't laugh, we'll .....' kind of way).

At least it's completely clear now why the decision to cancel was made. Makes perfect sense. Ha.

Heh, yeah I laughed, too. And I thought, "Oh, so that's what happens when a network promotes a series. Cool!"

I wonder if they're going to actively push for Atlantis over the next few months now.

Comment

Yes, I think so too. The only way why Stargate was cancelled was that someone made the wrong choice.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                    Heh, yeah I laughed, too. And I thought, "Oh, so that's what happens when a network promotes a series. Cool!"

I wonder if they're going to actively push for Atlantis over the next few months now.
                    It's terrible in Canada also. The hilarious part is that Stargate (in some incarnation) seems to be on ALL THE TIME at any given time of day there's almost always a "Stargate" on, some channel. But I defy the average viewer to figure out whether they're getting our latest season, or whether it's a rerun from 1998. It's impossible to track when the new episodes are going to air, and there's virtually no forewarning. I remember eons ago, trying to figure out when a 'new' episode would be on, without the aid of the internet, I must've flagged and tuned into three different re-runs in my channel-guide lineup before I finally gave up and missed it all together. 9000 channels, 8990 of which are airing Stargate(something-or-other), and only ONE of them has a (relatively) new episode on. Guess which one!! No, really, guess - I don't actually have the answer to that!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

It's terrible in Canada also. The hilarious part is that Stargate (in some incarnation) seems to be on ALL THE TIME at any given time of day there's almost always a "Stargate" on, some channel. But I defy the average viewer to figure out whether they're getting our latest season, or whether it's a rerun from 1998. It's impossible to track when the new episodes are going to air, and there's virtually no forewarning. I remember eons ago, trying to figure out when a 'new' episode would be on, without the aid of the internet, I must've flagged and tuned into three different re-runs in my channel-guide lineup before I finally gave up and missed it all together. 9000 channels, 8990 of which are airing Stargate(something-or-other), and only ONE of them has a (relatively) new episode on. Guess which one!! No, really, guess - I don't actually have the answer to that!
                      I got into Gate via a friend's (and later mine when I hit the sales ) DVDs, so when S9 started I only knew because another friend texted me during the day and casually mentioned it. Cue running down two flights of stairs like a loon to check the Sky guide. Now I don't watch a huge amount of TV, but I had *no* idea- unlike BSG, where I saw it advertised but just didn't have the time. With the insane amount of cable channels showing it across America, depending on region, when it got syndicated there, etc its no wonder it's off people's radar Although to be honest I haven't been tuning in week in week out for the last two years in part because I've been in the last two years of my BA and also, sadly, because what I saw was entertaining, but not enough to make it a priority for me
                      sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
                        I was 49. One more!

My LJ

Comment

Actually mini, Space advertised the last season of SG1 on Thursday nights at 10 pm ...(I can just hear mini saying "now she tells me )
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                            I was 49. One more!
                            Actually you added 2 instead of one, so she needs 2 more.

Comment

it' snot just what happens when skiffy promotes stuff...it's also what happens when they DON'T try to take on the networks

the 'big 3' are all in re-runs right now. it's not sweeps, so there's less to watch, thus making people more likely to watch stargate.

skiffy adn showtime were smart when they aired the show NOT during sweeps (july - sept, jan-mar)...yeah, they hit the february sweeps, but it was always with the last few eps of the year, when fokls are most attached to the show and less likely to flip channels

thanks to their greed, they premiered stargate against the may sweeps...the month when everyone dies, gets married, has a baby or whatever

dumbest move ever. it's like they set it up to fail
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                                Actually you added 2 instead of one, so she needs 2 more.

I have one that's not up there. How do I post it?

Bucky

Comment

Working...
                                X