Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starprops View Post
    Here in North Carolina it's been between $3.09 to $3.20 per gallon. Right now it's $3.09. I'm old enough to remember paying 25 cents a gallon or less, during gas wars. This is better than 1972, when I moved down here. Depending on your name - you could get gas on odd or even days. I was looking for a job so I would fill-up my mother's car, then my dad's the next time available. I waited in line from 4 hours, to as much as ten hours. So this is too expensive, but better than waiting in line for ten hours.

It costs me 15 to 20 dollars just to drive back and forth to work every week. It's really stretching my budget out of wack!
    Wow, that's really cheap! It costs me about $80 to drive to work and back every week!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hey I have a quick question? Didn't Amanda had to pick, in an interview which title and year I forgot her favourite series? She did chose for Coronation Street (which airs in Belgium too, If I could I'd try to watch).

Well that other choice once, wasn't that Little Britain?

BTW About the Gas prices, I'll try to post the answer to that for Gasoline, tomorrow OK?

Daivy

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Yeah, she likes Corrie and Little Britain.

*shakes head in dismay* And there I was, thinking Amanda was perfect

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
          It was $3.47 when I filled up last week here in L.A.

It costs me almost $40 a week to get to and from work.
          word! Although I am able to usually make a tank last two weeks because I do not live in LA the city. I do live in LA county though. My commute is a mere 15 to 20 mintues to work so that's how I'm able to squeeze two weeks out of a tank.

HOWEVER, when I go to SD, I use up pretty much a full tank. Go figure.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
            word! Although I am able to usually make a tank last two weeks because I do not live in LA the city. I do live in LA county though. My commute is a mere 15 to 20 mintues to work so that's how I'm able to squeeze two weeks out of a tank.

HOWEVER, when I go to SD, I use up pretty much a full tank. Go figure.
            I live in the Valley and commute to Santa Monica - only a 17ish mile commute, but it is on two of the worst freeways (and the worst interchange between to the two) so it takes me about 50 minutes or so in the morning. I go to the gym after work most days, so it only takes half that time (or less) to get home at night. L.A. traffic is a great motivator to get my butt into the gym! I am so tempted to either get a motorcycle or scooter or just take the bus.

To lamely try and tie this back on topic... Sam's Volvo probably got really crap gas mileage. Maybe that's why she didn't have it in later seasons.

*edit* 500! w00t *\o/* seems like I just hit 400...

Comment

Tracy!
              Your signature banner!!
              I. Can't. Stop. LAUGHING!!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                Yeah, she likes Corrie and Little Britain.

*shakes head in dismay* And there I was, thinking Amanda was perfect
                That's a somewhat alarming choice of programming

OT: I have just done possibly the most stupid thing that I have ever done in a kitchen. In terms of absent-mindedness and time-comsumption to fix the thing it takes the biscuit. Yep, I'm the absent-minded, to-ing and fro-ing over veg accompainment dimwit who accidentally put the rice she decided she wasn't having in favour of cous-cous, not into its own bag but that of the cous-cous. Cue slapping of forehead and frantic and long sifting of rice and cous-cous mixture, most of which was redundant because although the former is bigger than the latter, sieve holes aren't big enough for the cous-cous and collinder holes allow some rice to slip through. God, I'm a idiot sometimes
                sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

OT: I have just done possibly the most stupid thing that I have ever done in a kitchen. In terms of absent-mindedness and time-comsumption to fix the thing it takes the biscuit. Yep, I'm the absent-minded, to-ing and fro-ing over veg accompainment dimwit who accidentally put the rice she decided she wasn't having in favour of cous-cous, not into its own bag but that of the cous-cous. Cue slapping of forehead and frantic and long sifting of rice and cous-cous mixture, most of which was redundant because although the former is bigger than the latter, sieve holes aren't big enough for the cous-cous and collinder holes allow some rice to slip through. God, I'm a idiot sometimes
                  Been there, done that too! I was making a chocolate bundt cake and an artichoke dip at the same time while watching stargate, and ended up putting the parmasean cheese into the cake batter. I started mixing it with the blender before I realized my mistake and had to start all over!! Talk about fuming and frustration!

Comment

Originally posted by Becca C View Post
                    Been there, done that too! I was making a chocolate bundt cake and an artichoke dip at the same time while watching stargate, and ended up putting the parmasean cheese into the cake batter. I started mixing it with the blender before I realized my mistake and had to start all over!! Talk about fuming and frustration!
                    That's definately worse because there is no way that you can make that right, even before you stick it in the blender. At least you realized, because chocolate and parmesan cake as a taste combo I imagine would have been fairly vile
                    sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                      That's definately worse because there is no way that you can make that right, even before you stick it in the blender. At least you realized, because chocolate and parmesan cake as a taste combo I imagine would have been fairly vile
                      The Asgard might like it. Ya gotta wonder whaat those yellow ones tasted like.

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                        Hey! Who are you calling a trollop?!!!!

*looks at pic*

Oh, ok nevermind.
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                          It was $3.47 when I filled up last week here in L.A.

It costs me almost $40 a week to get to and from work.
                          I never paid over $3.00 for gas until a week or two ago, and that was only $3.04. Now it's gone down below the $3 mark, thank goodness. It's only 2 miles to my job, so I don't eat a lot of gas, but I still hate driving past the gas station and seeing the prices so high!

As for Sam crying, she doesn't cry easily. She's tough. But if there's a good reason, she does. I like that she has emotions and she's not an Ice Queen. I like in 'Show and Tell' when Jack is telling 'Charlie' when it's ok to cry. It's so sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                            Tracy!
                            Your signature banner!!
                            I. Can't. Stop. LAUGHING!!!
                            I thought it rather splendid, but then I might just be biased. Wonder if we will get to see Helen in fabulous Victorian corsetry?

Corrie and Little Britain?! Gracious, I might never look at Amanda in the same light again.

I went to collage with a lad who's mum was Thelma in Corrie, she was rather posh and nothing like the character, this was rather a long time ago, 1982, IIRC.

FF
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              oh i agree. sam is not a crier

if she has to cry...she goes off in a private corner and does it alone

she's not comfortable with public displays of emotion...at least my interpretation of sam isn't
                              Not only do we see that, IMHO, in PL, but also in Unending:
                              Spoiler:
                              The scenes where Sam was either playing the cello alone or, especially, when I think she was crying alone in the mess hall before Vala found her were so classically Sam. In writing my Unending tag I wanted to get more into her head on this and couldn't help but speculate this trait might go back to her childhood when she lost her mother. I can't imagine Jacob was terribly demonstrative, and maybe some of her 'stiff upper lip' in public comes from that.

Also, finally bit the bullet and bought the Sanctuary HD episodes. WOW! What a difference, and they are beautiful. Plus, cutting out the Medici and their influence and paying the artist more-or-less directly can only be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                                I thought it rather splendid, but then I might just be biased. Wonder if we will get to see Helen in fabulous Victorian corsetry?

Corrie and Little Britain?! Gracious, I might never look at Amanda in the same light again.

I went to collage with a lad who's mum was Thelma in Corrie, she was rather posh and nothing like the character, this was rather a long time ago, 1982, IIRC.

FF
                                Little story from Expo:

I went into the Q&A on the second day (after a hilarious first day dressed in full corset etc, trying desperately to breathe!) and asked the question "I was thinking about corsets last night" (Amanda: you would, wouldn't you?) "and after about 50 years in a corset, how on Earth are Helen's internal organs still in tact?"

So, they joked about corsets being the secret of Helen's longevity and then went on to promise scenes with Helen in corset (at which point I cheered!).

Comment

Working...
                                X