Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
    lol. Greedy or delusional?
    I'm definitely both according to my friends--join the club!

donamac

Comment

My mum seems to have a good understanding of the show. 'Chimera' is on downstairs and within five minutes she'd informed me that because it was Sam with the love interest, it *had* to end badly. This is what happens when you watch two eps a night for many, many weeks
      sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
        My mum seems to have a good understanding of the show. 'Chimera' is on downstairs and within five minutes she'd informed me that because it was Sam with the love interest, it *had* to end badly. This is what happens when you watch two eps a night for many, many weeks
        Your mum's gonna get a shock this time
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
          Your mum's gonna get a shock this time
          Yep, no death this time. Although it will end not-so-particularly-great- just not in this ep She was also convinced that he had something to hide (within the first few minutes, before all the stalker stuff!) and I had to say that no, he doesn't have a secret at this point. Oi, mothers
          sigpic

Comment

Yep, no death this time. Although it will end not-so-particularly-great- just not in this ep She was also convinced that he had something to hide (within the first few minutes, before all the stalker stuff!) and I had to say that no, he doesn't have a secret at this point. Oi, mothers
            Hehehehe. Well, the first time I saw it (Back before my spoiler whore days), I was the same. Though back then I was a huge shipper and knew a sack of potatoes when I saw one
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Its not as bad as trying to tell a non-scifi fanatic who isn't in online fandom that no, Jonas isn't coming back except for the one ep. I had my mum asking 'why?' and I just just had to leave it Although its really nice that she likes all the characters (she's even mildly shippy, which I roll my eyes at- romantics! ), really gets into the episodes and is open about changes and evolution in a way that a lot of fans aren't, whilst still having marked likes and dislikes. Its all cool
              sigpic

Comment

Its not as bad as trying to tell a non-scifi fanatic who isn't in online fandom that no, Jonas isn't coming back except for the one ep. I had my mum asking 'why?' and I just just had to leave it Although its really nice that she likes all the characters (she's even mildly shippy, which I roll my eyes at- romantics! ), really gets into the episodes and is open about changes and evolution in a way that a lot of fans aren't, whilst still having marked likes and dislikes. Its all cool
                The same has happened to my mother. I got her to watch Stargate all over with me and tried to explain everything to her. Now she loves the series, likes almost all characters (especially Sam ) and we even started writing fanfictions together. She is also very open to changes, but also has her opinion what she like or dislikes. It is great to have someone you can always discuss with about Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  this is one of my all-time fave amanda pics! there's just something mysterious and beautifully photographed...

sally
                  Must say I also really love that pic of her in the dark... I think it really shows Sam in who she is, someone mysterious, someone who doesn't want to show all her sides, who always hides something of her...
                  Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  Everyone in the area and able to go to these things is so lucky! One day... one day I will make it off this little bunch of islands.
                  Yes you will make it One day... I am hopefull...

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  That photo rocks!

This is one of my favourite pics, of course...

Of course, actually I don't really have a pic I say that is my favourite, cause I have a few but if I have to pick one, I'll go for this one:

as Sam pic:

as Amanda pic:

Comment

Originally posted by Alissa View Post
                    The same has happened to my mother. I got her to watch Stargate all over with me and tried to explain everything to her. Now she loves the series, likes almost all characters (especially Sam ) and we even started writing fanfictions together. She is also very open to changes, but also has her opinion what she like or dislikes. It is great to have someone you can always discuss with about Stargate.
                    I tortured and converted convinced my brother and sister to show some relative interest in the show, though my brother only really likes Avatar, because it's a video game ep. I've told my sister about every little detail and bit of drama regarding the series/franchise/etc. She probably doesn't have a favorite character, but if she did it'd be Sam. The only problem is she's become a bit of a Scammer.

Comment

I tortured and converted convinced my brother and sister to show some relative interest in the show, though my brother only really likes Avatar, because it's a video game ep. I've told my sister about every little detail and bit of drama regarding the series/franchise/etc. She probably doesn't have a favorite character, but if she did it'd be Sam. The only problem is she's become a bit of a Scammer.
                      How spooky! I was just about to ask you folk how to do the crossing out of words thing, and there it was on the next posting. (Sings Twilight Zone music)
                      Can you tell me how to do that - pretty please?

As for the show, well I watched it right from the start (Look at my avatar to see why). I got my kids into it and they took it further and got me onto the internet. The rest, as they say, is history!

Atlantis is a 'watch it once to keep up with the storyline' thing with me. I like the characters etc, but it never grabbed me like SG-1 did. I have all the SG-1 discs and only one or two Atlantis ones. I dare say my collection will expand a little with Season 4, but I'll not buy the whole series.

Kay aka Mumsey
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                        Atlantis is a 'watch it once to keep up with the storyline' thing with me. I like the characters etc, but it never grabbed me like SG-1 did. I have all the SG-1 discs and only one or two Atlantis ones. I dare say my collection will expand a little with Season 4, but I'll not buy the whole series.

Kay aka Mumsey
                        It is the same with me too. I watch it once to keep up with the storyline. I also have a few DVDs of Atlantis but I don't plan on buying them all. The only thing why I started watching Atlantis was Amanda and so that I was able to understand the storylines Atlantis has, I started watching it from the beginning.

Comment

Scammer? Is that someone who ships Sam and Cam?

*scratches head I just don't get that ship. There is imho, ZERO chemistry (other than good friends) between them.

Anyway...to each his/her own.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

OK, I rarely "roll on the floor" or "LMAO" when laughing, but this was definitely worth it.

I do feel your pain, and I'm sending oodles of positive vibes your way, Sunny.

Screw the vibes....just send me the money and time off from work so I can make it for Friday.

I really doubt I make it at all but I know there is no way in hell I can make it for Amanda. :cry:
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

How spooky! I was just about to ask you folk how to do the crossing out of words thing, and there it was on the next posting. (Sings Twilight Zone music)
                              Sure! It took me forever to get it, so I'm happy to pass it on.

You just bookend the word or phrased with [strike] and [ /strike], and you're good to go. (no space)

ETA: heh, I didn't put a space

Originally posted by SunKrux
                              Scammer? Is that someone who ships Sam and Cam?

*scratches head I just don't get that ship. There is imho, ZERO chemistry (other than good friends) between them.

Anyway...to each his/her own.
                              Yeah, I could buy into it if I really tried, but I really like the good friends angle that's being played up. There are some talented fic writers out there (*cough* ShimmeringStar *cough*) whose work I read, but that's about it.
                              Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 28 June 2007, 12:46 PM. Reason: my bad!

Comment

As for the show, well I watched it right from the start (Look at my avatar to see why). I got my kids into it and they took it further and got me onto the internet. The rest, as they say, is history!

Kay aka Mumsey
                                you type {strike} {/strike} just use [] instead of {}
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X