Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
    Yet your fat lazy arse out of that rack!

I left to shower, now I'm back for a little while. Marian just walked into my room while I was drying myself... serves her right for not knocking.

Has anyone seen the film wit AT in it that also has Meatloaf? And Kristin Davis I think...?
    Yes sir, OK sir, anything you say ssssir!

I got up and showered all by myself. OK, that sounds wrong. I mean, I didn't wait to be yelled at this time.

I was just making coffee in my towel (more specifically, reaching over my head to get the coffee machine down) and I thought I heard my flatmate's key at the door.

Why are we both getting up and showering after 4pm? That's just wrong! Uni needs to start again!
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
      For all of you that skip the front page - GateWorld had added picture from Unending and there are some fun ones of Sam so be warned of spoiler pictures if you have not seen the episode yet.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/ima...0_68.jpg.shtml
      Caption time for spoiler pic

Spoiler:

Sam: I'm leavin
      Background group: Leavin
      Sam: on that midnight train to Georgia
      BG: leavin on the midnight train..woo woo
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Spoiler:
        http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/graphics/1020_05.jpg
        That cracked me up. What I wouldn't do to see an ep or behind the scenes with just totally random off the wall things like that. Hehehe. And I'm not talking about '200'.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Thanks. Now I have the song stuck in my head And that's the only part that I know!

Comment

Spoiler:

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

Caption:
              Spoiler:

Sam:
              He'll have to get up to go sometime. And then the chairs mine!

Comment

Spoiler:

Someone was responsible for the April Fools Day super-glue chair prank, but who..?
                scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                  Caption:
                  Spoiler:
                  He'll have to get up to go sometime. And then the chairs mine!
                  lol!
                  scarimor

Comment

Spoiler:

Landry: D**n, I have to go to the men's room and if I get up, Carter's going to steal my chair

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Spoiler:

Give US military training its due: absolutely everyone kept a straight face when the General cut the cheese.
                      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                        Give US military training its due: absolutely everyone kept a straight face when the General cut the cheese.
                        *giggles* You can just tell Amanda's trying to hold back a smile
                        sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                        "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                        My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                          LOL...very funny scari!!

Night all...take care, be safe, stay happy, be good, have fun and hug your loved ones!!!

(((Samanda)))

Oh it's so nice having my smilies and scripts back again!!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                            I was reading a book on the pioneer women pilots who were being tested during the early 1960s for going into space. They were hoping to become the first female astronauts but politics and patriarchy pulled the plug on them.

However, during their grueling training in all kinds of NASA (different name then can't remember) space simulators etc etc, the women fared better than the men! What really made me LOL though was the statement that "because their reproductive organs are on the inside", the women were actually safer from the dangers of radiation.

Sam Carter, did you hear that?!
                            So actually there was a reason why they put it in the pilot I wonder if they knew that, I don't think so though. I still think it was a poor attemt to show us that Sam was like the men. and they gave her a rather strange feminst quote to prove that At least after the first eps, that changed

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                            For all of you that skip the front page - GateWorld had added picture from Unending and there are some fun ones of Sam so be warned of spoiler pictures if you have not seen the episode yet.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/ima...0_68.jpg.shtml
                            Pretties...lots of pretties, thanks Tsax, I really should check the front page more often

Comment

New interview with Joe Mallozzi & Paul Mullie up on GW front page. They talk a little about Carter in S4 toward the end of the interview. http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...he_reins.shtml

Spoiler:
                              GW: Fantastic. What does Amanda Tapping add to the show this year?

JM: Hopefully besides the recognizability (the SG-1 fans who are big Amanda Tapping fans will be tuning in as well), she has the leadership qualities that she displayed as the leader of SG-1 for a while. She's got the military background. She's got the connection with Sheppard. If we needed to go off-world we don't have to come up with crazy excuses to wedge her into a story.

If we want her off world we can because she's got the military background. She's got the science background, so she can take some of the heavy expository dialogue from McKay and Zelenka. But she can also do a back and forth, fun exchanges from McKay as well.

Speaking of excellent actresses, Amanda is another great example. I've often said the techno-babble is very difficult to do. David [Hewlett] and David [Nykl] do a terrific job. It'll be great to have Amanda in there, and take some of the weight off, but also make it a little more fun, as well.

Read the full interview for more
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Sam thinking to herself: How do I get talked into these things?? I am SO gonna kill Vala when all this is over! Who else would have came up with the idea of a Christmas pagent on the Daedalus? Oh, and I don't care if Landry is suppose to be Santa Claus or not...

"I am NOT sitting on his lap!"
                                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 21 June 2007, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X