Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
    'Ya know with Sg1 ending this week in the US - I have been watching some of my favorite episodes the last few days. Today I watched a little of the SG1 marathon - one of the episodes was "Space Race" which for me is one that is just plan fun to watch - I enjoy seeing the adrenaline junkie side of Sam. The moments at the beginning with Daniel in Sams lab I love and the way she says "Indeed" to Teal'c after he says he is in her debt because she says she needs him to stay and help her instead of going off with O'Neill and Daniel.

So this is not related to that episode but what the heck

i just love Space race. I watched it the other day and i just love the "Indeed" to T its just brilliant and the "ah whats a girl to do" to daniel. it so funny i love that ep.
    sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
      i just love Space race. I watched it the other day and i just love the "Indeed" to T its just brilliant and the "ah whats a girl to do" to daniel. it so funny i love that ep.
      I loved that. So much so that my nickname on the Sony forums...when they existed that is...was What'sAGirlToDo.

I LOVED Space Race...and The Other Guys...and Emancipation...and Avenger 2.0...and a multitude of other episodes that are supposedly panned in fandom.

Does that make me odd?

I mean more so than my normal, Samandan-certified oddness of course.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post

I LOVED Space Race...and The Other Guys...and Emancipation...and Avenger 2.0...and a multitude of other episodes that are supposedly panned in fandom.
        Emancipation...so many people hate that, yet that was my first ep and I loved it! Kick butt Sam, what's not to love?

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post
          Here's a Samfic. Good scifi - a little different premise from any other fanfic that I've read. The author posted most of the story ages ago, but the conclusion just appeared today

Legacy of the Xel'naga by Confushi Sushi

Pairing: none that I remember (but it has been ages since I read the first many chapters). Note: there is a little Sam/Teal'c friendship at the end.
          Thanks a bunch for the tip. I enjoyed the unique story long ago and always wondered what happened to the writer. Now I'll read it all over again. It's one I saved.

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
            Emancipation...so many people hate that, yet that was my first ep and I loved it! Kick butt Sam, what's not to love?
            Well I get some of the problems people have...over the top cliche feminist diatribe yadda yadda...

But getting past that...we see that Samantha Carter is a hero. As a young captain fresh on the team, she was plucky and brave and willing to defy authority for the sake of what she believes in. She's willing to sacrifice herself to help save others. We also see that she doesn't get intimidated easily and even when she is intimidated, she doesn't showcase her fear and further when given the chance, she'll opt to face that fear and overcome it.

Now...10 years later...much of that is still true. She's lost her pluckiness but you know...that's okay. She's grown into a well-rounded seasoned character who knows when to speak and when to act and isn't afraid to do either when push comes to shove. She's kept the more important traits though...the ones dealing with character, heroism, integrity, duty, strength of will, and so forth...while still maintaining her humanity.

Yes...she's larger than life in most regards...I mean how many people here know intergalactic astrophysicist pilot soldiers??? And yet some how they've made her attainable and relatable as a person. That's a nigh to impossible thing to do without weakening or lessening the value of a character but somehow...they did it.

I give most of that credit to Amanda for making Carter the kind of character she is and I'm excited to see what she'll bring to Atlantis and how she'll adapt to the major life changes she'll face next year.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Yup...I have!

I have it running in the background all day since I know all of these episodes by heart almost. LOL

That being said, I love the eclectic mix of older and newer content. Sometimes you feel like you're in a rut when all you see is stuff from one season. But it's like they're randomly selecting an ep from one season...then going over to another...then skipping back to another...etc.

You also get a better feel for Sam's evolution over the years when you see a Season 8 episode followed by one from Season 3.
              That's what's so fun like tomorrow there will be 14 eps on and some of my favorites like fragile balance, ascension, threads, heroes, and they're repeating zero hour which was also on today. This is so fun!

It's sort of silly because I have all the DVDs which I play fairly often. I think part of the fun is knowing lots of other fans are enjoying the shows at the same time (at least the ones in the Pacific time zone

am I nuts

donamac

Comment

Yes...she's larger than life in most regards...I mean how many people here know intergalactic astrophysicist pilot soldiers??? And yet some how they've made her attainable and relatable as a person. That's a nigh to impossible thing to do without weakening or lessening the value of a character but somehow...they did it.
                Yes, they did do it! She's all these wonderful, amazing things, but she's human. She could be like McKay with an ego, but she's not. I love that...she knows she's good at what she does and she just does it. She doesn't expect a hero's parade when she saves the world for the 40th time. I'm not gonna say she's a regular person, because she's not, but she acts as though she's one. There's nothing high and mighty about her.

Comment

Yes, they did do it! She's all these wonderful, amazing things, but she's human. She could be like McKay with an ego, but she's not. I love that...she knows she's good at what she does and she just does it. She doesn't expect a hero's parade when she saves the world for the 40th time. I'm not gonna say she's a regular person, because she's not, but she acts as though she's one. There's nothing high and mighty about her.
                  Yup...and like with New Order, we saw how completely non-ego driven she is...when she's talking about how she's never plotted an intergalactic course before and if her calculations were off by just a fraction of a percentage point, she and Teal'c could end up thousands of light years off course...

But still. Tryin' to stay positive.

Comment

Yup...and like with New Order, we saw how completely non-ego driven she is...when she's talking about how she's never plotted an intergalactic course before and if her calculations were off by just a fraction of a percentage point, she and Teal'c could end up thousands of light years off course...

But still. Tryin' to stay positive.
                    Would you like a turkey sandwich?

Yeah. She's got doubts like us regular people!

Comment

Would you like a turkey sandwich?

Yeah. She's got doubts like us regular people!
                      <tealc>Indeed.</tealc>

Comment

Cough. Just in case anyone wants a copy for future harassment purposes:

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                          Uh, some folks seem to be forgetting (no one here I'm sure) that for those of a Christian background, there was only ONE perfect person...and well he died.

Sam is by no means perfect and I wouldn't like her as much as I do if she was. People who think they're "perfect" are so completely annoying that I want to run screaming from them. Sam has never annoyed me.

Sam is very much HUMAN, she's just way smarter than most of us.
                          There's no such thing as perfection in anyone or anything...even HE made mistakes!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            Cough. Just in case anyone wants a copy for future harassment purposes:
                            http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/4386/ooobereg7.jpg
                            Thanks Eileen...think I'll use that right now....
                            Happy Birthday Über!!!

I hope you have an Überific day!!!

I can't believe I can actually do the umlauty thingy me-jigs!!! Cool!!
                            It's nice and quiet here tonight which is fine by me coz I'm pooped!!
                            Nighty night folks...hope you've all had a great day/night...take care, be safe, stay happy, be good, have fun and hug your loved ones coz life is too short!!

(((Samanda)))

Oh...before I go...two quick things...well three actually...
                            first:- this spotlight on Über thing...is that for real???...I mean can we put our 5 cents in on what we think of Über??...and is the Über scifigeek society real too???
                            second:- the thingy for Sam Carter Love In...do you have to be a member to add a comment and if you're not a member I'm assuming you come up as annonymous...is that right???
                            and finally:- well done and thank you for the fics and drabbles etc...I have to read at least one fic a night before bed...or at least read the updated ones!!
                            Night all...have a great day tomorrow...or night...whatever the time is over there!!
                            Watched Torchwood for the first time last night...have you guys seen it and what do you think of it??...I thought it was great!!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

happy birthday OOOOObbbbbbssssssyyyyyy
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday
                                Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooober!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...