Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db View Post

I just filled my car up last night...$70...for my little buzz box!!! Holy hannah!!! We're paying something like $1.40 per litre...that really pinches the purse here!!
    Just done a conversion and worked out that we pay the equivalent of AUS$2.35 per litre here in the UK. 98 pence (GB£) per litre; and for our US friends, $1.94 (x4.4 to make a gallon - lost me calculator, sorry.) and Canadians CA$2.07 per litre.

I think that we'll always be the worst off in that direction, even though we did have our own source of oil in the North Sea.

Kay aka Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Becca C View Post
      Where in the world did you get this pic?? I love it!
      It's a screen cap from Cor'ai. She's yelling at them, trying to stop them drowning Teal'c.

Kay aka Mumsey
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Boy its quiet in here today, where is everyone? Welcome to newbies(I think I saw some people I hadn't seen before)
        About Sam crying: I agree with everybody else, she doesn't cry a lot(on the show) she's learnt very well to hide her emotions, I think Sam see her emotions as making her weak and not "one of the boys" I also think this is one of the things TPTB actually got right, the emotional balance of Sam she wasn't the "damsel in distress" figure that needed protected *shudder* but she wasn't emotionally unreachable either which I liked, although it would have bee interesting to how she and her team mates would handle that to see her maybe very angry, drunk, wanting to hit someone maybe? Apart from...
        S10 spoiler coming up..
        Spoiler:
        BAAL!

LOL OK I'm sorry that spoiler was sooooo bad *clears throat* but to see "in control" Sam out of control(just once) would have been interesting, only if it was written well though Also how would Amanda play that with Sam? with spine tingling realness I think!

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          oh i agree. sam is not a crier

if she has to cry...she goes off in a private corner and does it alone

she's not comfortable with public displays of emotion...at least my interpretation of sam isn't
          Me too. It's not that she never cries, but she is not going to just burst into tears in the Gateroom. When we've seen her cry it's been a pretty serious situation (ex) Janet, her father dying (both times) ) and it's either been in private and/or she quickly tries to get back under control.

Look at one of my favorite scenes with Teal'c in Paradise Lost.
          1)He finds her alone in the locker room, not weeping in the control room or something.
          2)She at first tries to say she's fine and hide that she's been crying (even though it's completely obvious), but eventually does break down and let herself be comforted by Teal'c.
          That's so significant IMHO b/c it shows how much she trusts him. And IMHO it's not (or not *just*, depending on your ship view ) about Jack, it's about loss of Daniel & Jack and about her frustration. She thinks she should be able to solve it and it isn't working.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            but to see "in control" Sam out of control(just once) would have been interesting, only if it was written well though Also how would Amanda play that with Sam? with spine tingling realness I think!

Julia(samcarterrules)
            Very true. See, now *that* would be a more interesting AU story IMHO than who Sam was dating or married to in an AU.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
              It's a screen cap from Cor'ai. She's yelling at them, trying to stop them drowning Teal'c.

Kay aka Mumsey
              She also has a great look later after he "dies." If looks could kill. It's like "Die, you B*****ds."

Comment

What's this I hear, people on Samanda are playing with themselves

Well don't worry I've come to help

Originally posted by jckfan55
                She also has a great look later after he "dies." If looks could kill. It's like "Die, you B*****ds."
                Oh yes, Sam has many expressions that would strike fear in anyone
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  What's this I hear, people on Samanda are playing with themselves

Well don't worry I've come to help
                  Hehe, please!

My brain is favouring the black chess pieces. Playing chess by myself sucks.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                    Hehe, please!

My brain is favouring the black chess pieces. Playing chess by myself sucks.
                    So today's 4am activity is solo chess?
                    What no cake to cook, scones to scoff, bed to sleep in?
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      So today's 4am activity is solo chess?
                      What no cake to cook, scones to scoff, bed to sleep in?
                      Earlier I was dancing around my tiny apartment, trying not to wake my friend up. I was leaping around singing "and rocks and trees and trees and rocks" in my head. Seriously, how can I sleep? The noises I can hear:

The wind howling around the building and against the windows. The traffic below. The lift going up and down (it sounds like a whale). The humming of my computer. And my blinds haven't been fixed yet, so there is light pouring in from street lights and the building across the road that has all the lights on in the stair well.

Hmmm... I think I will eat the last scone.

Helen Magnus likes scones.

*eta* But seriously, 4am again? Ug. Good thing I have for'ners to remind me that I'm not acting sane. Thanks!
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Earlier I was dancing around my tiny apartment, trying not to wake my friend up. I was leaping around singing "and rocks and trees and trees and rocks" in my head. Seriously, how can I sleep? The noises I can hear:

The wind howling around the building and against the windows. The traffic below. The lift going up and down (it sounds like a whale). The humming of my computer. And my blinds haven't been fixed yet, so there is light pouring in from street lights and the building across the road that has all the lights on in the stair well.

Hmmm... I think I will eat the last scone.

Helen Magnus likes scones.
                        Yup, that she does. I wonder what kind of jam she'd like on it?
                        I wonder if Sam would like scones?

Maybe you need to get some relaxation techniques under your belt, or get Teal'c to teach you to kel'no'reem (sp?)
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          Yup, that she does. I wonder what kind of jam she'd like on it?
                          I wonder if Sam would like scones?

Maybe you need to get some relaxation techniques under your belt, or get Teal'c to teach you to kel'no'reem (sp?)
                          Heh, relaxation techniques. Sometimes I will do that relax your whole body bit by bit thing... I will wonder why it isn't working, then realise that I'm grinding my teeth. Tense much?

Ok, I really am going to sleep now. Thanks for pointing out the time! (Ug)
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Heh, relaxation techniques. Sometimes I will do that relax your whole body bit by bit thing... I will wonder why it isn't working, then realise that I'm grinding my teeth. Tense much?

Ok, I really am going to sleep now. Thanks for pointing out the time! (Ug)
                            Glad to be of assistance Though I'm one to talk! it's 2.15am here and I'm hassling you about sleep?

Hmmm I think I'll go watch Sanctuary again and then try to sleep. I love what Amanda has done with Helen so far. Is it the 11th yet?????
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                              Just done a conversion and worked out that we pay the equivalent of AUS$2.35 per litre here in the UK. 98 pence (GB£) per litre; and for our US friends, $1.94 (x4.4 to make a gallon - lost me calculator, sorry.) and Canadians CA$2.07 per litre.

I think that we'll always be the worst off in that direction, even though we did have our own source of oil in the North Sea.

Kay aka Mumsey
                              Here in North Carolina it's been between $3.09 to $3.20 per gallon. Right now it's $3.09. I'm old enough to remember paying 25 cents a gallon or less, during gas wars. This is better than 1972, when I moved down here. Depending on your name - you could get gas on odd or even days. I was looking for a job so I would fill-up my mother's car, then my dad's the next time available. I waited in line from 4 hours, to as much as ten hours. So this is too expensive, but better than waiting in line for ten hours.

It costs me 15 to 20 dollars just to drive back and forth to work every week. It's really stretching my budget out of wack!

Comment

Originally posted by starprops View Post
                                Here in North Carolina it's been between $3.09 to $3.20 per gallon. Right now it's $3.09. I'm old enough to remember paying 25 cents a gallon or less, during gas wars. This is better than 1972, when I moved down here. Depending on your name - you could get gas on odd or even days. I was looking for a job so I would fill-up my mother's car, then my dad's the next time available. I waited in line from 4 hours, to as much as ten hours. So this is too expensive, but better than waiting in line for ten hours.

It costs me 15 to 20 dollars just to drive back and forth to work every week. It's really stretching my budget out of wack!
                                It was $3.47 when I filled up last week here in L.A.

It costs me almost $40 a week to get to and from work.

Comment

Working...
                                X