Clear All

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
    Oh yeah? It's on!
    *pulls out the latest Samandan weaponary*

Oh yes. It's time for scones!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
      Yay! Helen in a corset! Now that, I want to see.
      Ooh ooh

And if you can't breathe in the bugger, it ain't fitted right - that 17c one I'm wearing on the 'Wench' cover, I can wear for an entire three day re-enactment. And women wore them all day, every day, while rearing kids, working in the fields, in the factories, for years and years (even while pregnant!) you just get used to wearing them. I find Victorian ones more restrictive than my wenching corsetry, but then I am more used to the Civil War corsets and they are a more forgiving shape than later ones. Of course, putting a corset on in a tent in a muddy field, is always a bit of a challenge... which is why I have a front lacing, not having a ladies maid (or helpful sister/mother/etc) to help me into it, a rear lacing is all but impossible, you have to stuff the stomacher in afterwards but it's worth it for the ease of getting into the thing.

Sorry, corset geekery is a failing of mine. Did you make your corset yourself? I have mine made for me, I'm not safe with a needle and thread.
      Hey Corset Geek, what's the "stomacher"? And what is noramlly worn under a corset? Nothing? a shift?

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      folks have not and WILL NOT censor what they say just cause amanda MIGHT read it. this is not the 'suck up to amanda' thread and we're not gonna descend into fangurlish siliness.
      Damn.

that's what she'd come here to see anyway, US, not some tush kissing suck ups
      What, no tush-kissing?

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      Exactly who's tush are we talking about? Is kissing optional?
      Won't anyone give me a tush to kiss?
      scarimor

Comment

*cough* mine's always there for you, scari

As for the corset, it's my sister's so it doesn't really fit my shape properly. But she had it made by a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          Definitely. It took me less than three days at the cadet basic course to figure out that, when one is about to have an emotional breakdown, the port-a-johns are an excellent choice as no one will follow you in them and they're generally a bit leary of even questioning what's taking you so long. Especially the male instructors.... So I don't think Jacob was the only reason, but he definitely helped set her idea of what it means to be a successful officer and a strong person.
          i agree. you don't do what she does and be a 'weepy woman'

i also think that's why sam technobabbles. it's a defense mechanism

ok, so she's going up to this male boss, who's likely rather condescending cause, this 'pretty young thing' can't know what she's going on about , can she?

so sam technobabbles him into submission. she doens't just say 'do this cause i say we need to' she lists off the how and why and wherefore and deluges him with proven fact and nice long words...and even if he doesn' tunderstand a word she says, his pride will not allow him to admit it. he can't say 'huh' cuase it wouldn't look right for mister 30 years to have no idea what she's talking aobut. so he does what she wants...and if it's wrong, well he has all these technical lingo to back up why he followed her recommendaton

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          Exactly who's tush are we talking about? Is kissing optional?

the list is long, but distinguished
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
            Yeah-and Sam who had to play some kind of sport to make that shot!
            I always figured her scientific training helped--she knew what angle to bounce the grenade at.

That's an awesome moment. Soldier Sam, but Human Sam too-you know part of her fury at Nirtti was for what she had done to Cassie in Singularity.

And so well deserved!

Yeah she does. I love fierce Sam. The Sam who could be equally as scary as intense Jack. We needed to see more of her.

I think the episode is Demons though, and not Corai. He didn't actually die in Corai, and it was in Demons that he was drowned to prove he wasn't a demon. I think.
            You're right!
            Maybe we'll get to see fierce Sam in Atlantis--not holding my breath, but I can hope.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
              I won't stop being me just coz on the odd chance that Amanda "might" pop in and read some of our posts...I just couldn't do that!
              Yeah, I'd probably get more gushy than usual if I stopped to think that she *might* read the posts. (Anonymous Samanda voice heard: "Is that even possible, jckfan?") Hey, no comments from the peanut gallery!
              I do think it's great that she knows this is a friendly place for her to check out though.

As far as tush kissing, Sky, can we gush over our wonderful, tolerant moderator?

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post

What, no tush-kissing?

Won't anyone give me a tush to kiss?
                Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                *cough* mine's always there for you, scari
                Darn it looks like TJ's tushie got there before mine
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Okay little catch up post...Sorry for the long post

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
                  i'm currently, oh, say...thirty? pages behind, so i don't know if this has been posted.
                  and when I got on Samanda, and saw I was 6 pages behind I already was thinking...OMG. I can't even think what I would do if I have had 30 pages to catch up on...I probably would skim a lot

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                  Sam has the best most gorgeous smile. Please go and vote for her everyday on this thread. She seems to be trailing in 2nd place at the moment.

Linky: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=44294&page=2
                  Voting for it after I have posted here And in the meantime I reposted it for people who forget you can vote daily

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  oh i agree. sam is not a crier

if she has to cry...she goes off in a private corner and does it alone

she's not comfortable with public displays of emotion...at least my interpretation of sam isn't
                  I don't think she is comfortable with showing feeling in public... but sometimes she can comfort in people like Teal'c or Jack or Janet...but she rather not do it...I think even if she comforts in them, she thinks that she is showing a sign of weakness. And to her, she doesn't want to show that. she wants to be the strong air-force Captain/Major/Lt.Colonel. And that means not looking weak...

Originally posted by Becca C View Post
                  I agree completely. Fic that doesn't keep its people in character is really annoying. I can handle a little bit of it but after two or three "wrong" moves, I can't stand it anymore. Sam is very tough, but she is also really fun to whump on-- as long as it all comes out good in the end.
                  See sometimes OOC fic can be good, it all depends If you know in advance it will be a funny fic or a fic that doesn't make sense or if you know it is OOC. But people have to put it in their summary or so that it is OOC...
                  But I do prefer that they don't touch Sam She is a great character and please keep writing her like that...

Yeah, she likes Corrie and Little Britain.

*shakes head in dismay* And there I was, thinking Amanda was perfect
                  Hey she is almost perfect and I actually do like Coronation street... I think it is funny, as for Little Britain it is funny for the first few eps but after a while it is always the same...But I loved that song about the only gay in the village...

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                  NZBG, Do you ever sleep?
                  that is a question we all ask and I think she does sleep from time to time...but for sure not enough

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                  Your kidding, right? I have to be more mindful of the pics I post and my captions.
                  No you don't have to that is the whole thing, even if she does visit...we are just who we are. Nothing more or nothing less...even though we go fangurling on her from time to time...it shouldn't make a difference what we post here...even if she does visit here...
                  But she does have GW in her bookmark bar, so she uses Firefox...how cool is that

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                  Can you imagine how angst-ridden this thread would become if we restricted ourselves to what we think Amanda would actually want to read? I would spend so much time trying to be witty and thoughtful that I would actually have to stop making posts. Then it starts spinning out of control like when you lied about something really stupid when you were little and kept lying to try to keep your story on track and could no longer figure out what lies you actually told and what the truth actually was? (Or was that last week?)
                  So Amanda, if you're reading this, pretend that I'm clever, witty and too charming for words, and don't think I'm too weird for proclaming on an online scifi forum that I think you're really cool.
                  Oh, and I have a life. Really.

and see I think that is the whole point, just be yourself...and then you are more then enough... Okay we have some very witty people, others who are less witty, others who have great insights, others who make great posts, great wallpapers, icons, vids,...
                  But in the end we are all unique and special in our way. and we don't have to be someone just cause Amanda would think we are great...that isn't the point of this thread. the point is that we just like Amanda and Sam...that is what brings us together
                  (and I know something like that is already been said, but I think it is important)
                  BE WHO YOU ARE!!!

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                  To All Who Participated and Sent Notes in for Damian's Birthday...this is for you:

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/blog/...-in-world.html

I love this it looks great but like rderoch said, is there a bigger version somewhere or not?? Cause I would love to see the bigger version

Unending / Sam music vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELRVohEL-5Y

And Neep... you're gonna pay for that bad press you've been spreading about me
                  I loved this vid, very touching...nice work Keep it up...

Okay that is it for me Little catch up post

Comment

TJ, beautiful job on the video! Touching to watch them age like that to the music and loved the final frame, perfect ending.

Comment

"Don't worry, Carter, I've got your back."

"I looked everywhere but couldn't find your uniform."

"I did find a corset though ..."

Comment

ROFL! Thanks for that, CG. The expression on the last pic is PERFECT.

Thanks for the vid comments, RCtje and CG. Much appreciated. I'd never made a vid before. Actually, I had a version of that video I much preferred but, at some point down the line, I deleted it. Ive got another one planned that I've had the idea for for years, but it involves clips from so many eps that the thought has always scared me!

Comment

Thanks for the vid comments, RCtje and CG. Much appreciated. I'd never made a vid before. Actually, I had a version of that video I much preferred but, at some point down the line, I deleted it. Ive got another one planned that I've had the idea for for years, but it involves clips from so many eps that the thought has always scared me!
                          Great vid TJ. Hey, go ahead with the idea and just do it one clip at a time. You've probably kept the idea in your head this long because it's a good one!
                          -

Comment

I would say just go for it If you have an idea you should just do it Just for the fun of it...and yeah from many clips, at first that is scary and much much much more work then from one ep...but in the end you will be happy you done it
                            So just go for it Cause we want to see more from you

*wonders if stalking TJ would help with her making that vid*

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                              *wonders if stalking TJ would help with her making that vid*
                              Dunno but we could try!

Hey it's 4am in NZ, where's NZBG???????
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                Dunno but we could try!

Hey it's 4am in NZ, where's NZBG???????
                                Well maybe bribing TJ might help...or something like that. TJ how about beer? chocolate? Jello??? mmm Jello always work

and wait it is 4 am and Eileen isn't here something is up...the world will dissapear...help..

Comment

Working...
                                X