X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i'm just hoping that...

Spoiler:
    since they're giving her full command of something, that they aren't going to take away the co-lead thinger between her and mitchell and just give him full command of it. i like mitchell because of season 10, but i'm still bothered by the events of season 9. i don't want this to be their cure-all for events (since it really doesn't cure anything and just sweeps things under the rug and sacrifices another character for one to progress. again). =highlighting jack in s10 doesn't erase what they did to him in s9=

sally
    Spoiler:
    As far as the movies are concerned, I wonder if there will be a team (or a bunch of people who wear the same patch) in it at all. Aren't the movies called "Stargate: The Ark of Truth" and "Stargate: Continuum"? Nothing in the titles about SG-1, so they may not be on the same team at the time; maybe they'll have moved on but come together to sort out the whatever the problem is.

If that is the case, then surely the most senior officer will be calling the shots.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

i'm just hoping that...

Spoiler:
      since they're giving her full command of something, that they aren't going to take away the co-lead thinger between her and mitchell and just give him full command of it. i like mitchell because of season 10, but i'm still bothered by the events of season 9. i don't want this to be their cure-all for events (since it really doesn't cure anything and just sweeps things under the rug and sacrifices another character for one to progress. again). =highlighting jack in s10 doesn't erase what they did to him in s9=

sally
      LOL, Sally! We can't have it both ways!

ETA: I think they realize how frakked up the timelines are gonna be, because I don't think

movies
      Spoiler:
      Sam will be a Colonel in TAoT or Continuum.

So I think the movies will come before the events in Atlantis. Very confusing.

Comment

but how do you think it'll effect sam's place on sg1 in the movies?
        sally
        I would say it will not have any effect on the two movies already planned. The first one is to wrap up the Ori story line and I would guess in the time frame of the Stargate World in would be before Carter goes to Atlantis.

The second as a time travel one who knows were it will fit in the time line.

If there are more movies after that well I have heard tptb say they can see some Atlantis folks make an apperance in an SG1 movie.

At this point only time will tell.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Spoiler:
          but sam *had* a leadership position (s8), then they took it away from her and then let her co-lead it with mitchell.

sally

Exactly - I remember the scene when the SG1 lead position was formally given to Mitchell by Landry.

But, I can't seem to remember a distinct moment when Sam was given SG1s' leadership position after O'Neill was promoted. I guessed she was leader by default rather than a supervisors' decision to officially promote her. Then, as soon as a "better" applicant showed up (per Landry), she was bumped out of the position... (grrrrr)

I may have missed some key dialogue or might be remembering erroneously - it has been awhile since I have seen season 8.

Spoiler:
          Anyhoo, I look forward to her character interracting with new characters, new, challenging circumstances, a team that doesn't necessarily agree with everything she suggests. Sam will have to negotiate the difficult world of human management and with a team that is not used to military control. She will no longer be just the techno guru everyone trusts, but will have to earn her way again, this time as an older, wiser officer.

BTW, Rachel500 - am really enjoying your new series... thanks.
          Last edited by tagger; 06 April 2007, 04:02 PM.
          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
          Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
            LOL, Sally! We can't have it both ways!
            well... why not!

Spoiler:
            so what do you think's the better gig; command/co-command of sg1 or commanding atlantis? (i can't even judge since i don't know atlantis)

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

well... why not!

Spoiler:
              so what do you think's the better gig; command/co-command of sg1 or commanding atlantis? (i can't even judge since i don't know atlantis)

sally

As an actor, Atlantis. As a character... Not sure yet.

In terms of power, Atlantis is a no-brainer. In terms of fulfillment, well we'll have to see.

I just don't think she can be both - it'd be like expecting her to be the team scientist and leader. It's rather implausible. On SG-1, Sam seemed rather stagnant. I'm interested in seeing how this works out.

Comment

well... why not!

Spoiler:

sally

IMHO, the 2nd. But the best would be
                Spoiler:
                Full Bird Col. Sam in sole command of SG1 with the 4th member being a military officer she could give orders to.

Comment

well... why not!

Spoiler:

sally

Spoiler:
                  I like to think that commanding Atlantis is Sam's stepping stone before commanding the SGC itself. She doesn't have enough command experience yet to take on the job full time but after a stint in charge of Atlantis...

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

For all teh Sam/Vala fans, there's some amazing hand-drawn fan-art here by miseradreamer. There's nothing naughty, but it is suggestive

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                      I would say it will not have any effect on the two movies already planned. The first one is to wrap up the Ori story line and I would guess in the time frame of the Stargate World in would be before Carter goes to Atlantis.

The second as a time travel one who knows were it will fit in the time line.

If there are more movies after that well I have heard tptb say they can see some Atlantis folks make an apperance in an SG1 movie.

At this point only time will tell.

Spoiler:

Well I'm not sure if it means anything but according to the Sci-Fi magazine article, Sam is Colonel Carter. It may just be a misprint, but it may be a hint that she is promoted for Atlantis.

My guess is that Sam is will still be a Lt. Colonel in The Ark, but she will be a Colonel in Continuum. I could be completely wrong, but that's my guess and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Wow, I'm not a particular fan of Sam/Vala but I am a fan of great artwork. Some of those are very well done. Cheers for the link.

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        For all teh Sam/Vala fans, there's some amazing hand-drawn fan-art here by miseradreamer. There's nothing naughty, but it is suggestive

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                          But I'm really looking forward to the new tone of Stargate Atlantis next year.
                          Spoiler:
                          I like the idea of them going darker. It ups the ante on storylines, makes it more difficult for them to revert to the same, ridiculous fratboy humor, and could allow all of the actors a chance to shine. I always wondered if they thought that they needed to be darker to compete opposite the likes of BSG - or at least to play on the same field - and it looks like they might be going that route. I don't think Atlantis needs to be a BSG copycat, but I do think that moving away from that scifi-lite rep they have is a good move right now.
                          I disagree completely. While it would be nice to get away from frat boy humor, they don't need to go darkside to do it. One of the reasons I prefer Stargate over BSG is because BSG goes out of its way to be dark and gloomy, and I'm often not in the mood for that. I'll take the first 8 seasons of Stargate over BSG any time.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                            Any reccomendations from the new entires? I have two eight hour flights to amuse myself... I'm thinking about re-reading nadir but i'd like something new... and long
                            Becks
                            I really enjoyed Many Shades of Night by Avalon3. It's a good Sam and Jack adventure. Interesting plot, lots of whumping; I thought it was well written.

Wings of the Apocalypse by Sharim is a fairly long and interesting AU. But it is fairly dark.

Goddesses by Rachel is good. It's a Sam and Weir Atlantis adventure. A glimpse of what I wish would happen on Atlantis.

I really enjoyed Meeting of Minds by SEF. But it's not really Sam focused. It's very team oriented.

My LJ

Comment

avalon3 used to go by Sharon Nuttycomb. And i'm pretty sure i read wings. That's the one where sam has her head shaved?

I liked goddesses too
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Definitely. I'd say that TPTB have learned their lesson after the co-command mess of Seasons Nine and Ten, they won't want to have two lieutenant colonels on Atlantis.
                                Spoiler:
                                You are so right. They shouldn't have them the same rank. I would love to see her a Colonel. It'd be a full circle kind of thing... Starting out as a captain, learning from an experienced Colonel. Now she's at that point in her life...I'd love to see that.

While I really hate Weir leaving(and she better come back FCOL!) I am glad it's Sam going in and not someone else. I am a fan of both women and both shows...so I'm stuck in the middle. Yay for Sam command but nay for no Weir.

Comment

Working...
                                X