Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
    Dude. I didn't think it was possible for you to make monosyllabic posts that were also less than 75 words...
    Oh, it's possible. And you know what they say, brevity is the soul of wit. Yep, they always say that. Which I suppose means that I'm not so clever as I think. Except with this one. I must be spot on with "Malcolm is a tool," since it was so perfectly succinct and to the point. It's beyond reproach. Malcolm IS a tool. Shakespeare is on my side, I can't be wrong.
    Oh yeah, and Malcolm only became a tool when he - and everyone else around him - became a plot device in S9-10. So... Yeah.
    Spoilered, so as not to offend all you Barrett fans out there.
    Spoiler:
    Nah, he's been an implement since day one. Day one of course being when his infatuation with Sam Carter first developed, when he no doubt got his jollies off tying her up. He's a total asshat in Smoke and Mirrors, the only good agent in the rotten to the core NID, the only man she can trust. Sure, he's got dirty connections for informants, but "sometimes you've gotta cross the line, Major. You've just gotta know when to step back." And when he dove on top of her, was that ever brave! You can just see the sparks flying! Next up is Resurrection, when he's oh so tough that I just can't stand it. It's all I can do not to laugh when he tries to jack Keffler up against that cell wall. He's making himself look foolish, and everyone knows it but him. When he drops the man's heart pill on the table rather than handing it to him, I laughed just like Keffler did. Such affected manliness should be criminal. Of course, he's only in Ex Deux Machina to be rejected. We all know that. And his final appearance, in Insiders, he's been used by Ba'al. But not used so well that he can't score a great, "You do too love me, b*tch!" scene for all the shippers out there.

Malcolm Barrett is just another example of fandom's need to pair Sam Carter with everything that walks on two legs. He'd never have returned so often if not for fandom's compulsion for Sam to have some incredibly, unbelievably forced sexual tension with every guy she talks to on the show. That Carter is such a tease! And isn't it adorable!

Bleh.

Carter is more than half of someone's desired pairing. Sam/Jack, Sam/Barrett, Sam/Cam, Sam/Vala, Sam/McKay, Sam/Insert Random Male. What's wrong with just Sam Carter?

Sorry. Go about your business. Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by golfbooy; 03 March 2007, 02:46 PM. Reason: That would be soul, not sould.

Comment

Hi Guys and Gals'

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
      Jack: "So tell me again how do you use it?"
      Sam: "You really don't want to know, Sir."
      Jack: "No. Really. I do."
      Teal'c: "It requires *four* double-A batteries, O'Neill. I understand it is a top of the line doohickie."
      Jack: "I still got nothin'. So what is it again?"
      Daniel: "Jack, just let it go. Just let it go...."
      Jack: "But it sounds like it could be fun! Here let me play with it..."
      Sam(grabs it and stuffs it into her fatigues pocket): "Sorry, Sir. I promised Mini and Scari that I'd be the only one to play with, uh, do research on it..."
      Jack: "Partypooper."
      Sam (grins): "Sorry, Sir."
      SS I got one thing to say *splash*
      Does anyone know if Amanda and Starrgazer have performed yet? I hope everyone going to see them has a great time and take notes lol, be gentle with Toronto

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post
        Spoiler:

Bleh.

Carter is more than half of someone's desired pairing. Sam/Jack, Sam/Barrett, Sam/Cam, Sam/Vala, Sam/McKay, Sam/Insert Random Male. What's wrong with just Sam Carter?

Sorry. Go about your business. Nothing to see here.
        I snipped all but the last part. I'm a big fan of Sam/Jack, but I completely agree with this statement. Sam Carter is more than just half of any pairing, and she always will be! She's brilliant on her own. She's saved the earth more times than anyone else. She's blown up a sun fercryinoutloud! Sam just plain rocks!

Unfortunately, the whole "here's a new guest star, let's give him a crush on Sam" philosophy that the writers have had for the past decade have created a major problem...Probably the reason it took so long for me to find a nonshippy Sam fic that wasn't written by somebody on this thread.

I'm a Sam/Jack shipper, but I'm a Sam fan first. If anything I see Jack as half a Sam pairing (I love Jack, so don't hate me), never Sam as half a Jack pairing. She's way cooler than that! (Does that even make sense?) But, I think that Sam deserves a fairytale lovestory to go with the rest of her epic adventure. Nothing wrong with having it all.

Comment

Since you all are way beyond cool. I know you can help me.

I am trying to find animated icons/avatars got any links? If you want you can PM so this thread doesn't get cluttered.

Got Links?

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
            Since you all are way beyond cool. I know you can help me.

I am trying to find animated icons/avatars got any links? If you want you can PM so this thread doesn't get cluttered.

Got Links?
            As in Sam animated icons??
            I made 2...must say not the best ones...they were my first but it is something eh ;-)

as for other try LJ lots of icons there http://pics.livejournal.com/ladyireth/gallery/00002wd2 (don't know if there are any animated once with it but I do like the icons there so btw: they are not mine
            Last edited by RepliCartertje; 03 March 2007, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
              I snipped all but the last part. I'm a big fan of Sam/Jack, but I completely agree with this statement. Sam Carter is more than just half of any pairing, and she always will be! She's brilliant on her own. She's saved the earth more times than anyone else. She's blown up a sun fercryinoutloud! Sam just plain rocks!

Unfortunately, the whole "here's a new guest star, let's give him a crush on Sam" philosophy that the writers have had for the past decade have created a major problem...Probably the reason it took so long for me to find a nonshippy Sam fic that wasn't written by somebody on this thread.
              If they really wanted a "new vibe" they'd stop giving everyone a crush on Sam. At first I thought that's what Rodney was there for--someone who didn't worship Sam (and then of course we'd hate him b/c Sam is
              wonderful). But then they put that crush in there. Of course that's the cliche for all the characters--female guest stars fall for Daniel or Jack, unless its a Jaffa story & then Teal'c gets a love interest. You know if Bane had been written in S9, we would have found out that Sam and Dr. Harlow had an affair when they worked together at the Pentagon. Mucho snickering would ensue.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

ETA: I can see where he could bore ya Sal, but I think Sam - or any woman with a brainstem, really - could break him out of his shell. It helps that he's also cleared to know everything about the Stargate Program.
                i think for me, it's the actors they pick to play these guys. i guess, when it comes to men, i'm rather superficial. (i would have liked pete better if ben browder had played him, even with his crappy behavior in the last half of chimera)

but with the guy that plays barrett; it's not that he isn't attractive, it's that *i'm* not sexually attracted to him. (so if i'm not, neither should sam )

i mean really, is amanda not one of the -if not THE- most gorgeous women on this planet? {universe even}

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i think for me, it's the actors they pick to play these guys. i guess, when it comes to men, i'm rather superficial. (i would have liked pete better if ben browder had played him, even with his crappy behavior in the last half of chimera)

but with the guy that plays barrett; it's not that he isn't attractive, it's that *i'm* not sexually attracted to him. (so if i'm not, neither should sam )

i mean really, is amanda not one of the -if not THE- most gorgeous women on this planet? {universe even}

sally
                  Well obviously Sam isn't as superficial as you are, Sal.
                  I actually liked that Pete wasn't the classic hunk type, though I didn't like what kind of character he turned out to be. I didn't like him b/c he hurt Sam. Punishment should have been dire.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    If they really wanted a "new vibe" they'd stop giving everyone a crush on Sam. At first I thought that's what Rodney was there for--someone who didn't worship Sam (and then of course we'd hate him b/c Sam is
                    wonderful). But then they put that crush in there. Of course that's the cliche for all the characters--female guest stars fall for Daniel or Jack, unless its a Jaffa story & then Teal'c gets a love interest. You know if Bane had been written in S9, we would have found out that Sam and Dr. Harlow had an affair when they worked together at the Pentagon. Mucho snickering would ensue.

well, amanda IS gorgeous (which makes sam gorgeous too ), but it does seem a bit ridiculous that the men are literally flying at her left and right with proposal after proposal of 'hey, baby, what's your sign?'. (sam would answer, my sign is stop)

okay, that's going overboard -because, really, it's not *that* many men hitting on her- and, she's a pretty lass, so i can see men being interested... maybe it's the way it's been written. i don't know.

oh, is anyone else dreading 'unending'? i'm dreading it for a number of reasons... i'm not even cut up about it being the last *episode* of sg1, because *i* feel the showed had already died when i was watching the first few season 9 eps. but still, i'd like this last episode to be WONDERFUL, and all i'm doing is hoping it won't screw up relationships and so on.

i'm babbling.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

*stumbles onto thread when she should be out getting some kind of life*

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

That just made total sense Sal

And I am a bit blue about "Unending". It's the end of an era (in my own muddled head). And I cry for anything... just about anything can floor me. So, a little sad yeah... and also hoping that they will do ten years justice.

Last edited by PengYn; 03 March 2007, 02:08 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
                        *stumbles onto thread when she should be out getting some kind of life*

That just made total sense Sal

And I am a bit blue about "Unending". It's the end of an era (in my own muddled head). And I cry for anything... just about anything can floor me. So, a little sad yeah... and also hoping that they will do ten years justice.

Being able to please everyone concerning one of the most important episodes, when it was something that they must have wanted to have more time to plan for? It never happens normally and it won't happen. In a way I want it to be quite low-key, an interesting episode with good character interaction focus. Also there is a good chance I will be in a pub watching it, so I can always have a couple of drinks (just a couple!) beforehand to make me a little bit more receptive and cheerful about the show.
                        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                          As in Sam animated icons??
                          I made 2...must say not the best ones...they were my first but it is something eh ;-)

as for other try LJ lots of icons there http://pics.livejournal.com/ladyireth/gallery/00002wd2 (don't know if there are any animated once with it but I do like the icons there so :-)
                          That is what I am talking about!

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy View Post
                            Oh, it's possible. And you know what they say, brevity is the soul of wit. Yep, they always say that. snip,snip

Bleh.

Sorry. Go about your business. Nothing to see here.[/spoilers]
                            Agree 1000%. (Brevit enough?)

Comment

ok since Kir...came up with animated icons...I wanted to try to make one with imageready...I never done that so this is my first one...of course it goes way to fast and I have no idea how to slow it down but that will come after I make a second one I guess... I hope you enjoy it lol

Comment

Well, nothing on my MSN front page news indicates that Toronto has imploded, ceased to exist, or in any other way been destroyed yet, so I wonder how all our friends are doing??

As to Sam and the boy of the day/ episode, I think it is just TV stuff. Certainly not real life, nor what a women of Sam's professional/ ethical caliber would encourage all the time. That being said, it does seem natural to like someone here and there and for a few (not every single male) guys to like Sam - just like anyone would. I do not think occasional natural attractions make Sam a lesser character.

I totally agree that gratuitous, obligatory pairing every episode is absurd.

Sam and Rodney - no way. (Sorry, IMHO, of course hehe) (Crod, Crud, Cranky... etc, etc, etc...)
                                Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                                Quint Studer

Comment

Working...
                                X