X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unending:
    Spoiler:
    RIP buddy

Was a pretty good ep. I actually lol'd when Sam literally froze time (well close enough to it). Some good Sam stuff - We know that she's always wanted to learn to play teh Cello and that she'll need glasses later in life. She was also beating herself up on the fact that she was the one to strand them in the time dilation field (saving their lives of course, but stranded none-the-less). Lots of Sciency Sam too

Was also sad too. I mean the Asgard are dead Seeing them all dejected and old Going up the ramp one last time So sad

p.s. Vala was totally checking out Sam in the engine room.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
      Wonderful post, GateGirl! I think this was a very nice way of looking at the episode, and I look forward to seeing it for myself.

Also, I don't think you should ever feel like you have to censor yourself here. Because we all have such a wide variety of opinions here, chances are that someone (or more than one) agrees with you.

I'm glad you guys had such a great time together! I bet nothing could've ended the series better than a bunch of fans experiencing it together one final time. Thanks for posting!
      Thanks Spaz. I realise now that I should have edited my original post before popping it on here, but I was very tired, and certainly not thinking all that clearly. I know I can speak my mind here, and I'm not saying I can't do it elsewhere, but there was a

Spoiler:
      general air of negativity and anger (in another thread), and I didn't want to be accused of being anti-anything as does happen from time to time. And because I really enjoyed the episode I didn't want to feel a guilty traitor for doing so.

(there were no ep spoilers above but it speaks to an overall mood in response to "Unending" so I spoilered it for those who don't want an emotional impression before seeing it )
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        Here's a few Sam images from the beginning of Unending. I'll add more to the album later because I'm supposed to be working, not playing

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...mOfX/Unending/
        Thank you RoX for the caps...I loved them...of course I had to click on them... it is really stronger then myself...at least I haven't read any spoilers yet... And only seen your pics who aren't realy spoilers if you ask me.

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
        Thanks Spaz. I realise now that I should have edited my original post before popping it on here, but I was very tired, and certainly not thinking all that clearly. I know I can speak my mind here, and I'm not saying I can't do it elsewhere, but there was a

Spoiler:
        general air of negativity and anger (in another thread), and I didn't want to be accused of being anti-anything as does happen from time to time. And because I really enjoyed the episode I didn't want to feel a guilty traitor for doing so.

(there were no ep spoilers above but it speaks to an overall mood in response to "Unending" so I spoilered it for those who don't want an emotional impression before seeing it )
        I know where you come frm MegYn...just always post your thoughts and idea's even if everyone is negative sometimes then you just need something positive to see it from another side...So that people who only see negative things also see something positive about it

I am actually looking forward to seeing the ep although it is the last...must say yesterday it finally hit me that it was the last but due to Spazzie I was distracted

and I have a question: Where can I find a lot of team promo pictures? does anyone know a good site cause I don't know

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
          As far as Sam's confidence level at the beginning of the series goes:

<large snip>

What a difference ten years have made for her.
          Great post.

I tend to think Sam started out with the appearance of confidence rather than actual self-belief. For me, the first year was all about her proving herself and convincing Jack she earned her place on the team - after all, Jack didn't choose her - Hammond did (which would be my answer to the question who was in her corner at the beginning).

But I do think her self-confidence grew and by the end of season 6-beginning of season 7, Sam was someone who was very confident about her abilities and place at work but she was rarely over-confident (she knew she had made mistakes and didn't always know the answer immediately). In Zero Hour, her slight uncertainty about her abilities I think comes out of two places; Jack's insistence on SG3 and the fact that the mission is also a test of her leadership abilities for an official review (the discussion with Jack on her return). What she misses with Jack's SG3 insistence, is that it isn't a lack of confidence in her, its a lack of confidence in himself in being SGC leader. Interestingly I think the discussion with Jack where he reassures her she did great and asks almost astonished whether she doubted it, goes along way to redress that. And I think anybody would get a little nervous about the outcome of a test and how they performed including Sam; actually it makes her more human that she does.

However, in her personal life, its clear at the beginning of season 7 that she doesn't seem to have the same confidence or self-belief that someone would value her for who she is; unsurprisingly given her background with Jacob/pride issues and the fact that the one man she loves who has professed love for her has never followed through. Chimera and how she reacts to Pete's temper tantrum is a good example - she immediately seems to assume its her fault rather than getting angry at him for being a jerk. I believe the events of Threads went some way to giving her that confidence in her personal life; she saw she was valued for who she was by both Jacob and Jack and that made a difference to her.

IMO, Sam now glows with that sense of having self-confidence in all areas of her life, and whenever she has been shown in command, she's radiated it; calm, controlled and considered leadership.
          Last edited by Rachel500; 14 March 2007, 04:28 AM.
          sigpic
          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

kids

Discussion of alternative means to view the shows is forbidden.

as to promo pics...check out about.com (google stargate pictures and the site is about.com

they have a huge gallery of nice promo pics
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Woot! Santuary pics! Thanks!
                scarimor

Comment

Stargate SG1 as we knew did end with Season 8.The magic was apparent then, after that it just sunk lower and lower in quality.

Comment

Is it wrong that I still channel Carter in those pics from "Sanctuary" (even though AT has long hair and is a brunette) ?
                    Hope she acts very different from Carter !

Comment

Originally posted by nihela View Post
                      Is it wrong that I still channel Carter in those pics from "Sanctuary" (even though AT has long hair and is a brunette) ?
                      Hope she acts very different from Carter !
                      I don't think you have to worry about that, Amanda will be playing a different character, and believe me the woman knows how to act. There was no way I was thinking of Sam when she was doing the Vagina Monologues
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        I don't think you have to worry about that, Amanda will be playing a different character, and believe me the woman knows how to act. There was no way I was thinking of Sam when she was doing the Vagina Monologues
                        I should hope not...that might have skewed things a little...
                        I've never seen AT in anything else, and yet reading the transcript I could hear it in her voice, and could take what I'd seen in her previous performances and imagine how she would use those skills to present that monologue and help create that character.

Although Sam doing VM shall be added to my 'Utterly Ridiculous Things Which Will Never Happen in Sci-Fi But Would Be Hilarious Nevertheless' list. Up there with 'Stargate: The Musical!' It could even be part of a musical interlude, just for complete and utter insanity
                        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          oh yep you're totally right, the thought never crossed my mind !!
                          sigpic

Comment

"Unending", Sam, and Amanda related.

Spoiler:
                            I don't know if I said this before but Amanda was phenomenal. Her emotional arc as she came to terms with her failure to get them home was beautiful to watch. What was even more striking was that even though the sense of hopelessness increased, in true Sam Carter fashion, she never actually gave up trying. I don't need reminding of why I love Sam or why I admire Amanda... but I like being reminded.

Totally different track. I love the fact that they let Walter run through the entire dialing sequence. From chevron one encoded right up until chevron seven locked. I had these insane goosebumps, which could also have probably just been the combo of jello, jaffa cakes, and coca cola. I guess I like to think it was otherwise.

Gah I'm a ball of emotional fluff!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
                              "Unending", Sam, and Amanda related.

Spoiler:
                              I don't know if I said this before but Amanda was phenomenal. Her emotional arc as she came to terms with her failure to get them home was beautiful to watch. What was even more striking was that even though the sense of hopelessness increased, in true Sam Carter fashion, she never actually gave up trying. I don't need reminding of why I love Sam or why I admire Amanda... but I like being reminded.

Totally different track. I love the fact that they let Walter run through the entire dialing sequence. From chevron one encoded right up until chevron seven locked. I had these insane goosebumps, which could also have probably just been the combo of jello, jaffa cakes, and coca cola. I guess I like to think it was otherwise.

Gah I'm a ball of emotional fluff!
                              I've just eaten an entire packet of those Jaffa cakes that Gipsy kindly thrust at me before leaving, so the sugar rush is only just getting to me...

I don't think I talked to you, but I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, Amanda's great performace and the green jelly
                              sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

I just can't believe that there won't be anymore seasons, just the two films and then it's over. Thank god we still have Sam in SGA, that eases the pain...
                                It's gonna take some getting use to, not watching the adventures of SG1 weekly. But at least we have the beautiful past 10 yrs to look back at. So I guess we can't complain. But I do know I'm going to miss the wonderful family that was SG1...
                                : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                                Geeky : Oh brother...
                                : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Working...
                                X