• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i feel the same.

there's two huge bonuses to this project:

1- we get to see more amanda!

2- it's groudbreaking! whether it takes off or not, it'll be remembered as one of THE first to do something like this.

sally
    And, 30 - 80 years from now, when all the Samandans are in a Moon based retirement home (less gravity = less joint pain, falls no longer fracture hips, but eating is a bear), we, the Lunar Loonies, will fondly reminisce about how WE saw the start of a new entertainment standard, and WE helped it along during it's first, tentative baby steps.

Definite delusions of grandeur here, but how cool to be a part of a relatively new entertainment medium.

And, I agree with the posts that mention convenience – I can watch whenevah.

And, they picked a great audience to "experiment" on – sci-fi fans.

Aaaand, I was thinking about the freedom the director has to really control the end product and I wondered if other freedoms ensue. If it is purchased by fans, do commercials become obsolete? Do the artists who make the product actually get to control the product rather than the bean counters? As long as internet remains relatively free, distribution is moot? Do the artists/ producers/ directors get to bypass so much studio and commercial control? I don’t know anything about this stuff, perhaps someone else here does?

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
    No shipping! Deceased, separated, divorced husband is good ( well not good, but at least there hopefully won't be a lot of shipping ). Shipping is bad. Big hex on shipping.
    Huh?! Wha??

Must have ship, must have ship, everyone together now, must have ship…

I’m so hopeless, I will see ship even if it is nonexistent, so I’m ok if it is not the MAIN STORY ARC and just a secondary, tertiary, or quaternary arc.
    Last edited by tagger; 01 February 2007, 09:31 PM.
    Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
    Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
      No shipping! Deceased, separated, divorced husband is good ( well not good, but at least there hopefully won't be a lot of shipping ). Shipping is bad. Big hex on shipping.
      but amanda would get to kiss someone! we'd get to SEE amanda (her character) get to kiss someone. i want to see that! *is shallow*

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
        imo ship Amanda's character with that hot blonde chick
        well, it's nice to see we're all in character.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

but amanda would get to kiss someone! we'd get to SEE amanda (her character) get to kiss someone. i want to see that! *is shallow*

sally
          Go to a con where there are other cast members, she generally kisses one of them at least once. Oh you wanted to see passionate kissing? Hmm, watch the Void. I'm pretty sure those are Amanda's lips and not a body double.

Ah man, I was just thinking Sal, wouldn't it have been great to be Amanda's stand in kisser?
          Kissing RDA, it's a hard job, but somebody's gotta do it!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
            Kat! That is awesome news! (The Monologues - not the pants... ). If you're coming by, we all have to get together for brunch or something, maybe Sat. or Sun. early afternoon!

Yay!

Hugs!!
            geek
            Hehe...I thought the pants thing was awesome too!!

Good night Samanda...I have to get off now or I'm never gonna get this homework done...so take care everyone, be safe and stay happy and....hug your loved ones!!!!!
            (((Samandans)))

(((Amanda)))
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I can't wait to see what this new series will turn out like...and, uh...Amanda rocks...and Sam rules!

*is finally, finally caught up on GW*

Comment

How did I not notice that small boy in the Sanctuary poster? Gah!

The only horror movies that ever really terrified were the ones with creepy/evil children.

Oh, and I couldn't sleep for months after that X-Files episode with that guy with no legs who pulled himself around on a trolley. It was the creepy squeaking of the wheels. Couldn't he take over other people's bodies or something? Does it ring a bell for anyone? I would like to re-watch it because it probably isn't that scary.

Oh, completely off topic. The point was...

Do you think Sanctuary could be a thriller type... thing?
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                  The only horror movies that ever really terrified were the ones with creepy/evil children.
                  Like on that Simpsons episode, the one where they enforce the curfew on children, but they all sneak out and see the horror movie with the creepy children at the drive-in anyway

Comment

Hehe! Thrillers are all about your mindset when you go into them. When I was younger if I felt vaguely guilty, because I wasn't supposed to be watching it or because it was an R18, they always scared me more. So I can totally empathise with the Simpsons.

Now I love scaring the crap out of myself. Although it's harder to find a film that will sweep me into it (shakes fist at various teachers who have taught me to analyse and dissect instead of enjoying). I recently saw a live production of Dracula that had the desired result. . *shudders*
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I think it's possible that I've figured out how to do this multiquote thing-y.

Feels incredibly proud of herself.

well, if they ship amanda's character with anyone, let him be a HUNK! and i mean that!! *drools*

sally, the shipper
                      Well, Amanda deserves the hunks really, doesn't she? Wouldn't want her with anyone else

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                      How did I not notice that small boy in the Sanctuary poster? Gah!

<snip>

Do you think Sanctuary could be a thriller type... thing?
                      Stir Of Echoes had a small boy in it and that film FRIGHTENED me for life! I don't know why but the kids factor does make it more chilling, it must be because children are supposed to be innocent.

I went and looked and there is a little boy.... mmmmm, now I'm wondering...

Thrillers are good but I don't know whether they make good serials.

well, it's nice to see we're all in character.
                      I'm always in character

i feel the same.

there's two huge bonuses to this project:

1- we get to see more amanda!

2- it's groudbreaking! whether it takes off or not, it'll be remembered as one of THE first to do something like this.

i'm VERY excited!
                      That's what I thought. Amanda could very possibly be involved in something so revultionary that she'll be remembered forever. And I so agree with the Moonbase Idea - I'm up for that. My joints ache now and I'm only 23, so a retirement home with those kind of perks could be right up my street.

Wendy
                      Hugs
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Since it's an internet series kinda thing, does that mean that we have to pay for it in order to see it or something...? Not that I wouldn't, I most defenitely would if I can see amanda. I'm so anxious to know what it's all about... it's driving me nuts!! But when I look at the site I defenitely think it's a thriller maybe even something supernatural, considering the little boy...
                        : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                        Geeky : Oh brother...
                        : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          I think it was tucked over his privates. Don't want that area cold!!!

suse
                          Sadly for Hugo, they were removed a long time ago.

That said, it doesn't seem to stop him occasionally, erm, "having a go" at Coley's leg...

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam View Post
                            Sadly for Hugo, they were removed a long time ago.

That said, it doesn't seem to stop him occasionally, erm, "having a go" at Coley's leg...

I kinda figured. Doesn't mean the involuntary reaction isn't to cover that area.
                            <sigh> Boys will be boys.

He looks like a very happy dog.

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                              Fair skin??? You think?? Not so sure about that...she's pretty tanned up IMO...put it this way...she's a heck of a lot browner than me and I'm not as fair as my mum...I mean...I'm almost translucent but I don't think Amanda's that fair...is she??? Hmmm...I had heard that she tans well when on holiday...lucky duck...I go red then back to snow white...D'oH!
                              sometimes she does get very tan. take Smoke and Mirrors for example. she came back from break very nicely tanned.

but over all, she's very fair.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                but over all, she's very fair.
                                She's a fair blonde cutie and I want to lick her
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X