No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I've been here before Sky. Just not real often. I suppose I should make more frequent visits! Such a fun spot on the forum.
    sigpic

Comment

we do try.

and it's nice to see fluffy come visit
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I would like to see AT play a role with a mixture of comedy and drama. I watched the lifetime movie "Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy" and not taking anything away from the actress who played in the movie, because she did great. I think AT could play a tough role like that. Her facial expressions sometimes speaks louder then the actual lines she has to say. I could see her capturing the fear, the doubts, and the eventual courage mixing in a even dose of humor.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
          I would like to see AT play a role with a mixture of comedy and drama. I watched the lifetime movie "Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy" and not taking anything away from the actress who played in the movie, because she did great. I think AT could play a tough role like that. Her facial expressions sometimes speaks louder then the actual lines she has to say. I could see her capturing the fear, the doubts, and the eventual courage mixing in a even dose of humor.
          You know, Amanda is such a talented actress that I bet she could do about any genre. I have to agree that while movies like that generally make me cry (so I avoid them like the plague), I think I'd like to see her attempt that type of drama. My only requirement is that she doesn't die. I hate it when the main character dies.

Her facial expressions are priceless. She doesn't need lines to give a good performance.
          Last edited by Gate gal; 28 October 2006, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
            You know, Amanda is such a talented actress that I bet she could do about any genre. I have to agree that while movies like that generally make me cry (so I avoid them like the plague), I think I'd like to see her attempt that type of drama. My only requirement is that she doesn't die. I hate it when the main character dies.

Her facial expressions are priceless. She doesn't need lines to give a good performance.
            The movie did make me cry, but so did the SG-1 scene in the elevator where Sam wouldn't leave Cassie. Or when Sam had to stand up and give a friend’s eulogy, in the infirmary when she thought Jack had been killed too, the last scene in Lost City where Jack is in the frozen pod thingamajig, the end of Threads with Jacob ... okay so these are just some of my favorite dramatic scenes from SG-1.

I'm a little strange in that if a movie can move me to tears then I'll re-watch it. If there are tears, laughter and an encouraging message, then I'm sure to re-watch. I think AT's humor could balance the tough dramatic scenes.

Comment

Sam fic rec. I think it was for the ficathon.

Comment

The movie did make me cry, but so did the SG-1 scene in the elevator where Sam wouldn't leave Cassie. Or when Sam had to stand up and give a friend’s eulogy, in the infirmary when she thought Jack had been killed too, the last scene in Lost City where Jack is in the frozen pod thingamajig, the end of Threads with Jacob ... okay so these are just some of my favorite dramatic scenes from SG-1.

I'm a little strange in that if a movie can move me to tears then I'll re-watch it. If there are tears, laughter and an encouraging message, then I'm sure to re-watch. I think AT's humor could balance the tough dramatic scenes.
                That lift scene with Cassie was a real tear jerker and Amanda did a fantastic job with it. I often wonder how she manages to get herself back into "normal" mode after she has done a scene that is so intensive, she has said how she gets herself into the right frame of mind to film those types of scenes but not how she gets herself back to "normal" afterwards.
                Maybe a question to ask her for any that are going to Gabit or Avalon?

I would really like to see Amanda tackle a role that takes her character right to rock bottom and then claw her way slowly back up again.
                I've watched the trailer of "Stuck" and from the little bit shown Amanda blew me away with how far her character was sinking while taking drugs, such a shame that this film has not seen the light of day and show case her work!
                ......TARA......

Comment

yes she really can play the most/every genre good... i love the parts that she played. You sometimes forget she acts...but you always remember 'cause of the show(can't really happen in real life) she's a wonderful actress with a lot of potential for other stuff after SG1
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583 View Post
                    That lift scene with Cassie was a real tear jerker and Amanda did a fantastic job with it. I often wonder how she manages to get herself back into "normal" mode after she has done a scene that is so intensive, she has said how she gets herself into the right frame of mind to film those types of scenes but not how she gets herself back to "normal" afterwards.
                    Maybe a question to ask her for any that are going to Gabit or Avalon?

I would really like to see Amanda tackle a role that takes her character right to rock bottom and then claw her way slowly back up again.
                    I've watched the trailer of "Stuck" and from the little bit shown Amanda blew me away with how far her character was sinking while taking drugs, such a shame that this film has not seen the light of day and show case her work!
                    Hi Tara,

I'm going to AT2, and I'm giong to ask how does she get into that "state" I could also ask how she gets out again, if you'd like me to?

samcarterrules(julia)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

All right, all you people who have been providing interesting and intelligent questions for Amanda at GABIT: if you'll PMail me with the questions, I'll print them off and take them with me.

I just don't want to have to go back through the thread to look for them.

Of course, I won't be able to ask them all, but maybe I can shove a few of them off on other Samandans at the event.

My LJ

Comment

Lord, I think I'd be FAR too shy to ask Amanda anything at all... but if you want to poke me a lot with the list Strix, maybe I could be pursuaded...

But I'm making no promises. I'm horribly shy.

Comment

I mostly lurk in this thread but I thought I'd go ahead and post to let y'all know about my latest vid. I made a trailer for Solitudes. It is such a powerful episode for Sam so I thought I'd also share it here.

I hope you enjoy it.
                          Last edited by Nibikko; 29 October 2006, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Wow 32 people on the thread - is that a record?

I just watched GUP for the first time. What a hoot!! Amanda's expressions are priceless!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nibikko View Post
                              I mostly lurk in this thread but I thought I'd go ahead and post to let y'all know about my latest vid. I made a trailer for Solitudes. It is such a powerful episode for Sam so I thought I'd also share it here.

I hope you enjoy it.
                              Hi Nibikko! I lurk mostly these days too. I'm on dial up, so haven't downloaded the vid. Thanks for sharing though. Just wish I had broadband!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                                All right, all you people who have been providing interesting and intelligent questions for Amanda at GABIT: if you'll PMail me with the questions, I'll print them off and take them with me.

I just don't want to have to go back through the thread to look for them.

Of course, I won't be able to ask them all, but maybe I can shove a few of them off on other Samandans at the event.
                                Shove away Strix!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X