No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay gang MGM's site has added more interviews - Rob Cooper, Brad Wright, Martin Wood, Andy Mikita, and David Hewlett -

Interview Page- David talks about Amanda going over to SGA - he also talk about the end of the current season of SGA so there are a major spoilers so beware
    Last edited by tsaxlady; 14 January 2007, 10:46 AM. Reason: Better Link
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Maybe in height, but she's a giant in terms of her personality.
      I'd look up to her and not just because at 5'9" she's 3 inches taller than I am.
      Maybe with the talk about her height it sort of got exaggerated in your mind.

On another note, I'm at Scifi for not running the rest of S10 for months. All these posts I can't read b/c they're spoilers.
      Though from what I've seen it sounds like some Sam Rocks! moments to look forward to.
      on the first part: when i met amanda, she was wearing flat sandles. maybe that's why she didn't seem so 'tall' to me.

on the second part: the next two eps ('in the line of sand' and 'the road not taken') are sam centric/important, and *those* are the ones i'm excited about. the only ones. so far.

(waits for internet to reconnect)

(and waits)

(see the steam coming out of my ears?)

(of course you can't, I'M NOT CONNECTED)

(sees light on modem still out)

(#*&!$@^)

(light's blinking)

(bingo)

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
        Okay gang MGM's site has added more interviews - Rob Cooper, Brad Wright, Martin Wood, Andy Mikita, and David Hewlett -

I have added them to my main page so they are all in one place - here - David talks about Amanda going over to SGA - he also talk about the end of the current season of SGA so there are a few minor spoilers
        Last edited by Agent_Dark; 14 January 2007, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
          I think that link is wrong, its going to the profile page...
          Try
          http://stargatesg1.com/Profile.aspx?userId=10193
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Holy frak - I have a fic rec here and it's an *amazing* piece of work:
            Palimpest, by paian. It was written for the Dark Gate Livejournal ficathon, and as the name implies its a dark fic
            Thank you very much for the link, AD.

*goes off to grab cuppa and settle down to read*
            scarimor

Comment

Holy frak - I have a fic rec here and it's an *amazing* piece of work:
              Palimpest, by paian. It was written for the Dark Gate Livejournal ficathon, and as the name implies its a dark fic
              The fic is loosely based on the request, so that might give you some idea of what it's about. Basically its an AU after the cliffhanger of Quest pt1, the events that happen when SG1 searches for the Saangreal and how everything just goes to **** for the characters. It's got some really awesome Sam stuff (and Jolinar too!). Obviously take heed of the warnings, because it wont be for everybody, but it's such an awesome fic that I encourage you to give it a try
              Thanks for the rec AD...will bookmark it for later!
              Originally posted by JanSam View Post
              Ah but my escape is well guarded.
              Cute...gotta get me one of those too!!
              Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
              I eat beavers for breakfast
              I dare you to answer back!
              ...OMG...you are kidding right....holy hannah girl you are bad...funny...but bad!!!!
              Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              Uh TJ PG thread remember
              But...that was funny...geez mum!!
              I don't do nuts. You should know that by now.
              Originally posted by NZBG View Post
              *snorts*
              And what about those of us who can handle both?
              I think AD has just passed out!
              ...Holy...buckets...I think I'm gonna pass out...hahahahahaha...this is great...don't worry bout AD though...I'm sure he's just fine...right AD?....AD?...uh oh...hehehehe...brilliant!!

Oky doky...I'm off yet again...had a great day 4 wheel driving with the family today...got to see some spectacular views and spent some time with my brother and his family...it was awesome.
              Good night all...take care everyone, be safe and be happy coz LTS...and I heeded Amanda's advice...I hugged my loved ones...a lot!!
              Night night!!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post

here interviews in media player- David talks about Amanda going over to SGA - he also talk about the end of the current season of SGA so there are a major spoilers so beware
                I'm having difficulty playing any of those videos, it plays for a minute or two then jumps to the next interview.

Could some kind soul who has watched them please give a brief summary of any Sam / AT news from them? Please, pretty please!! On another thread they are saying that AT will be in 14 episodes - is it true?

Also semi related - DH is writing a show that will appear on SciFi Channel. Now, how much time will he have for acting on Atlantis?? and is this maybe why AT will be on Atlantis or am I barking up the wrong tree??
                -

Comment

evenin' Samandans.

Can I second the call to hear anything about what's in the interviews? I can never get anything on that site to work.

Although, I have heard about

Spoiler:
                  Amanda being in 14 episodes!!! 14!! OMG! Tomorrow morning I will probably start worrying about how they are going to user her, and whether it will be problematic etc., but in the meantime I am going to jump up and down like a loon and say Yay! Woohoo! We may have no more SG-1, but we are still going to have Sam!!!

And in my humble opinion, the more Sam the better!

*parties*

Also. I don't know if this is the right place for this, so tell me to get rid of it if you like, and I won't be offended.

I wrote a little ficlet, called Always, which can be found here on LJ. It's only 745 words, and it's my first every stargate fanfic. I'd love some feedback, good and bad....
                  [/pimpage]

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                    How about a little welcome with a caption of a picture...if you are funny and witty you are in
                    Wow Jack. I'm not so sure I'm into that...

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey View Post
                      evenin' Samandans.

Can I second the call to hear anything about what's in the interviews? I can never get anything on that site to work.

Spoiler:
                      Amanda being in 14 episodes!!! 14!! OMG! Tomorrow morning I will probably start worrying about how they are going to user her, and whether it will be problematic etc., but in the meantime I am going to jump up and down like a loon and say Yay! Woohoo! We may have no more SG-1, but we are still going to have Sam!!!

And in my humble opinion, the more Sam the better!

*parties*
                      Where did you hear it? I've seen that figure bandied about in the Tapping Gates to Atlantis thread as pure speculation. If you saw it there, I'd say... don't believe it.

If you saw it somewhere else, I want to see it too, so send details.

PS Liked the fic and would have never guessed it was your first.
                      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                        Where did you hear it? I've seen that figure bandied about in the Tapping Gates to Atlantis thread as pure speculation. If you saw it there, I'd say... don't believe it.

If you saw it somewhere else, I want to see it too, so send details.

PS Liked the fic and would have never guessed it was your first.
                        In this thread
                        -

Comment

I've been able to listen to the Brad Wright, Rob Cooper, and David Hewlett interviews and this is what I got out of it:

Spoilers for season 4 SGA and SG-1 movies:

Spoiler:

AT will be in 14 episodes. All three sounded very enthused about it and said wonderful things about Amanda and Sam.

Brad Wright mentioned that if the ratings for season 10 would have been higher, that most likely Scifi would have approved an eleventh season.

They are trying to get RDA in both movies, but particularly the second one. there should be a number of familiar faces in the second movie, and it is a stand alone called Stargate: Continuum (by Brad Wright). It is the movie that will test the waters for the possibility of more SG-1 movies. The first movie finishes off the Ori storyline (by RCC).

Brad Wright mentioned that Sam will go over to Atlantis in a ship---and they have had this idea for Sam in Atlantis for a long time. It's just that SG-1 kept going on so Sam stayed in SG-1.

Brad Wright seemed to be saying that Weir will now be a recurring character, but I'd like others to check that too. I might have misinterpreted what he said.

David Hewett loves Amanda---he's very excited about her being on Atlantis. Brad and RCC also said wonderful things.

I think those are the big headlines.
                          Last edited by chocdoc; 14 January 2007, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
                            I've been able to listen to the Brad Wright, Rob Cooper, and David Hewlett interviews and this is what I got out of it:

Spoilers for season 4 SGA and SG-1 movies:

Spoiler:

AT will be in 14 episodes. All three sounded very enthused about it and said wonderful things about Amanda and Sam.

Brad Wright mentioned that if the ratings for season 10 would have been higher, that most likely Scifi would have approved an eleventh season.

They are trying to get RDA in both movies, but particularly the second one. there should be a number of familiar faces in the second movie, and it is a stand alone called Stargate: Continuum (by Brad Wright). It is the movie that will test the waters for the possibility of more SG-1 movies. The first movie finishes off the Ori storyline (by RCC).

Brad Wright mentioned that Sam will go over to Atlantis in a ship---and they have had this idea for Sam in Atlantis for a long time. It's just that SG-1 kept going on so Sam stayed in SG-1.

Brad Wright seemed to be saying that Weir will now be a recurring character, but I'd like others to check that too. I might have misinterpreted what he said.

David Hewett loves Amanda---he's very excited about her being on Atlantis. Brad and RCC also said wonderful things.

I think those are the big headlines.

Thank you for this

Spoiler:
                            Sam going to Atlantis in a ship?? As in travelling to Atlantis or being based on a ship at Atlantis??? If she is assigned to a ship then I hope she is in command and not just a science officer!!!!

I hope that Weir isn't made into a recurring character - I like her.
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                              Thank you for this

Spoiler:
                              Sam going to Atlantis in a ship?? As in travelling to Atlantis or being based on a ship at Atlantis??? If she is assigned to a ship then I hope she is in command and not just a science officer!!!!

I hope that Weir isn't made into a recurring character - I like her.

Spoiler:
                              It sounded like Sam was arriving at Atlantis on a ship, but I would need to listen again. One of them also said that Sam would make a great addition because she is both military and a scientist.

I like Weir as well, so I hope I heard this incorrectly. I look forward to hearing how others interpreted what Brad Wright said. He made it sound as though TH will be there, but not all the time---I'd need to hear his exact wording again.

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey View Post
                                evenin' Samandans.

Also. I don't know if this is the right place for this, so tell me to get rid of it if you like, and I won't be offended.

I wrote a little ficlet, called Always, which can be found here on LJ. It's only 745 words, and it's my first every stargate fanfic. I'd love some feedback, good and bad....
                                [/pimpage]
                                Loved the fic! Great job. Mirrors how I feel about the unresolved ship.
                                Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                                Quint Studer

Comment

Working...
                                X