Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(((((((((Amanda & Family)))))))))
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss, my heart goes out to you and your family at this sad time.

You and your family our in our thoughts.

Sarah.

Comment

I've sent an e-mail to Kamil, asking if he's going to do a condolence book. if he is, then we'll send folks over there to express their sympathies. If not, we'll start a thread here.

I do personally hope that folks treat this news with all the respect it deserves. There are plenty of ways to earn your virtual 15 seconds of fame by 'breaking' news...and this isn't one of them.

I know folks wish to express their sympathies, but let's respect amanda's privacy as well please.

IE now that it's confirmed, i personally would prefer that folks don't go running to the four corners of the net and spread the news for the sake of posting a scoop
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

From what Amanda, herself, has shared on occasion, the little stories about her family, we know that they are a close-knit group and so supportive and loving of each other. They will lean on each other and find the strength and grace to endure such a tragedy.

It's beautiful to see here the sincere words of fans who love and respect Amanda and want to reach out to her. In time, she may be able to take great comfort from that too.

I'm sure that Kamil and JuliaR/G4 will keep us informed. In the meantime, we can honor Amanda's own wishes and hug those we love. Life is a gift.

Blessings and peace on AT and her family.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
          My father held the phone to her ear and I said my goodbyes. He said she grinned a little. This was yesterday. Today she's not responding at all. If she holds out until tomorrow I intend on going, pain, low grade fever or not. My family was saying I shouldn't go since I over did it the first day after surgery(4 days ago) hence the lingering pain. I know about closure. I stayed and held my aunts' (my mom's sister) hand when she took her last breath in a hospice (lung cancer) 3 years ago.
          Bless your mom! It takes a very special person to work with the dying.
          Aw (((POZ))))
          you are gonna make me cry This is so sad for ya, and then also in this time of the year

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
          Oh man.

I had hoped it wasn't true.

Amanda...I'm sure you'll never see this but I hope that you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I've never had the pleasure of meeting you and yet I still feel the need to give you a hug. You inspire that response in people I think. In fact I know I'm not sticking my neck out all that far when I offer a hug from us collectively to you.

I hurt for you and wish there was something I could do to help. Obviously there isn't and the words seem so empty even as I type them. I know I'm rambling but I'm in shock I guess. I can't even begin to fathom what you must be feeling.

I hope you know how we feel and know that we're here for you in spirit if not in the flesh.

((((((((((((Amanda))))))))))))
          Well said better then i ever could do

It is true??*rushes of to at.com*** Yeah it is
          OMG this all is soo sad...and i just wake up...no fun at all
          This is so sad for amanda ((((Amanda))))
          sigpic

Comment

I've put the message under spoilers because I'm not sure it makes any sense or anything. All I can really say is that my prayers are with the family, that I'm so incredibly sorry.

And whilst we're giving hugs to our loved ones, I just want to tell you all how much I love you all and how much I appreciate your support, care and friendship. ((((((((Samanda))))))))))

Spoiler:

I feel I should post something here, but I don't know what. I know that nothing I say is good enough, that it can't make things better. I can't begin to imagine how much this is hurting the family, including Amanda who is such a loving, compassionate woman.

I don't really know what I'm saying here, so I guess I'm going to ramble and hope that somewhere along the line it makes a little sense to someone. It's just crushing because having seen how moved she is by the stories of fans, how much she cares for those she barely knows, you get an inkling of how it must be when you multiply that love and compassion by a factor of ten thousand...

All I can say is that my prayers are with Amanda and the family. Not prayers that God will make everything better, but prayers for guidance and strength, that the family will be able to rely on each other and on God for support, and I pray that at a time of year that is so family centric in its nature, that the family are able to look back and celebrate the times that they shared together, celebrate Steven's wonderful life, safe in the knowledge that he knew Jesus in his life on Earth and now has life eternal. Though it may seem like it now, it's not the end for Steven, just the beginning, and I pray that God helps the family to remember that and that the thought renews their strength.

ETA: I was just thinking about things and it struck me how Amanda is here, sharing her pain again, opening up things that are so, so personal. Amanda told us at Gabit how the support and the inspiration is a two way thing, that just like she inspires and helps us through, we do the same for her. So I really hope, just like CG said, that she is able to find just a little comfort in the sincerity of the words of all the people here. So, once again, I want to thank Amanda for letting us in.
            Last edited by Tracy Jane; 26 December 2006, 06:54 AM.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Adding my condolences here also. My love and prayers go out to Amanda and her family in this time of sorrow.

((((Amanada))))
              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
              Hic Comitas Regit
              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                I've sent an e-mail to Kamil, asking if he's going to do a condolence book. if he is, then we'll send folks over there to express their sympathies. If not, we'll start a thread here.

I do personally hope that folks treat this news with all the respect it deserves. There are plenty of ways to earn your virtual 15 seconds of fame by 'breaking' news...and this isn't one of them.

I know folks wish to express their sympathies, but let's respect amanda's privacy as well please.

IE now that it's confirmed, i personally would prefer that folks don't go running to the four corners of the net and spread the news for the sake of posting a scoop
                Personally Denise, I think condolences should remain here at her thread. Not only is it a safe haven but also the first place she'll look after her official site.

Comment

I, too, want to express my heartfelt condolences to Amanda and her family at this time. My love and thoughts are with the. Hugs and prayers to all.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                    From what Amanda, herself, has shared on occasion, the little stories about her family, we know that they are a close-knit group and so supportive and loving of each other. They will lean on each other and find the strength and grace to endure such a tragedy.

It's beautiful to see here the sincere words of fans who love and respect Amanda and want to reach out to her. In time, she may be able to take great comfort from that too.

I'm sure that Kamil and JuliaR/G4 will keep us informed. In the meantime, we can honor Amanda's own wishes and hug those we love. Life is a gift.

Blessings and peace on AT and her family.
                    ((((CG)))))

Life, love, family, friends.... all are gifts to treasure and celebrate every moment we can, because whether or not death is expected or not, we never how long any of us have, and the loss and grief doesn't hurt any less either way.

(((((((Amanda & family)))))))))
                    (((((((Samandans))))))))
                    ((((((GW'ers)))))))))))))

And Poz.... *waggles index finger at Poz* you have called the doctor about that fever, haven't you? I've cared for both parents after laparscopic surgeries and fever was one of the first reasons the doctors wanted us to contact them, if it developed.
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                      ((((CG)))))

Life, love, family, friends.... all are gifts to treasure and celebrate every moment we can, because whether or not death is expected or not, we never how long any of us have, and the loss and grief doesn't hurt any less either way.

(((((((Amanda & family)))))))))
                      (((((((Samandans))))))))
                      ((((((GW'ers)))))))))))))

And Poz.... *waggles index finger at Poz* you have called the doctor about that fever, haven't you? I've cared for both parents after laparscopic surgeries and fever was one of the first reasons the doctors wanted us to contact them, if it developed.
                      It's staying at 99 to 100F. The take home instructions specify to call if it goes over 100. I just called to make the 2wk post-op appt (I have stitches in all four incisions) and mentioned the continuing pain and low grade fever. The nurses reply was, are you taking Tylenol? which I wasn't until this am and she also said the surgery was a little more involved than first anticipated. First it was, take the plum size cyst off the ovary but it turned into taking the entire ovary with attached 'orange' sized cyst and fallopian tube.

Comment

I am opposed to a large number of condolences at AmandaTapping.Com. Here's my reasoning (this is a message I sent to: 1.all the members/users of AmandaTapping.Com, 2. those registered to the website's newsletter, 3.members of the OfficialAmandaTappingCom mailing group at Yahoo - so if you are a member of any of them, you might've read that already, and I'm sorry if this is a double/triple post for you):
                        -----------------------
                        Hello,
                        This is the webmaster for the site AmandaTapping.Com . All those of you who use the forums/discussion boards. I would like to kindly ask you not to populate the boards with condolences/condolences threads.
                        The reason? There is something like too many condolences and this would be a reminder for Amanda of what happened for far too long after it's happened. We don't want Amanda to suffer longer than she has to.
                        I would be very grateful for it from you. I know you all are saddened by the news and would want to express that, but I truly believe that such a great number of words of sympathy, coming from such a number of people, would serve to bring more pain to her heart. I'm sure we don't want to do that.

Thank you for understanding my request.

ne more thing - because of the recent sad and tragic events that happened during the Christmas period, I clearly am not going to ask of Amanda to view our greetings and get back to me.

That is why I'm going to wait two weeks (until 10th of January). If I do not hear from her then, I will post a link to the greetings on that day. I hope you understand.
                        Kamil (webmaster)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kamjul View Post
                          That is why I'm going to wait two weeks (until 10th of January). If I do not hear from her then, I will post a link to the greetings on that day. I hope you understand.
                          Kamil (webmaster)
                          This make perfect sense, and sensitivity. Thank you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kamjul View Post
                            Hello,
                            This is the webmaster for the site AmandaTapping.Com . All those of you who use the forums/discussion boards. I would like to kindly ask you not to populate the boards with condolences/condolences threads.
                            The reason? There is something like too many condolences and this would be a reminder for Amanda of what happened for far too long after it's happened. We don't want Amanda to suffer longer than she has to.
                            I would be very grateful for it from you. I know you all are saddened by the news and would want to express that, but I truly believe that such a great number of words of sympathy, coming from such a number of people, would serve to bring more pain to her heart. I'm sure we don't want to do that.

Thank you for understanding my request.

ne more thing - because of the recent sad and tragic events that happened during the Christmas period, I clearly am not going to ask of Amanda to view our greetings and get back to me.

Kamil (webmaster)
                            Agree, thank you for your help. I think 2 weeks is perhaps too soon. Let Amanda decide.
                            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                            Quint Studer

Comment

well made and very considerate point. would it be better to start a thread here? i know we risk the same problem, but Amanda comes to GW less than AT.com and i shudder to think what some might do if not allowed to express themselves. the Samandan population is relatively under control here, especially if Sky says the word, but if other well meaning fans start multiple threads—which they will—merging might be better than deleting. just a thought. i agree it's best to keep everything minimal, at least for the moment, but that's usually easier said than done.
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Following this morning’s news it has become apparent that many people
                                wish Amanda to know that they offer their condolences on this very
                                private sad family tragedy. It would be best if it were not to be in a
                                public forum because it is such a personal and private matter. Therefore
                                if you wish to be added to a list of names of people who send their
                                sympathy to Amanda and her family please send me your name only to
                                [email protected].
                                Please do not enclose a message as this will not be included in the list.

Please, as I have already requested, do not post to the forums on the
                                website or other public forums as a mark of respect of Amanda’s privacy.

Thank you.
                                Kamil Trzebiatowski
                                (www.amandatapping.com webmaster)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X